We came across this hotel last year on a visit to Na'ama bay. It was the location and and the pool area that sold it to us. I made contact with the hotel before hand and was given a complementary up grade to our room.
There are many good points about this place. The staff are very warm, and friendly, It is very clean. The beach area is beautifully kept and the animation team and evening entertainment is better than in many hotels.
I have been to Sharm many times and normally, after the first week I find myself wondering what to eat at meal times. Unfortunately, this was the case after 4 days. Whilst the quality of the food was first class, the variety was a little disappointing and monotonous. Were I to stay here again, I would choose the B&B option and not A.I.
There was, however, a serious issue with this hotel. There did not seem to be a "chain of command" when things went wrong. Some guests in the hotel chose to play their own music very loudly around the pool area, and persisted in climbing onto the jacuzzi wall and diving or bombing into the main pool. This was despite signs telling people it was not permitted. The pool guys did a good job in immediately policing this and asking them to turn the music down and stop the bombing/diving. Initially they did but later it would go back up and the bombing of the pool (splashing other guests around the area) continued, and they laughed at him! There seemed to be no recall for him to get assistance from security or management. IF YOU HAVE A POLICY IT NEEDS TO BE ENFORCEABLE! A similar policy was the dress code for evening dinner. It seems the sort of high class establishment where guests would want to dress smartly for dinner and the hotel would enforce this. However whilst they tended to say no to "obvious" swim wear( speedo's bikinis), other attire (often scruffy or swim shorts, some ladies very inappropriately dressed-much to the amusement of the waiters.) seemed acceptable. A stronger management structure could sort these issues if they wanted them sorted.
It is a shame as the staff really go out of their way to ensure you have a pleasant stay.
I have stayed in many hotels throughout the world for both business and pleasure. This is a GOOD hotel. However I am unable to rate it as such on T.A. It is above average but not yet (in my Opinion) a Very Good hotel. Not sure if I would return, because in Sharm there are better hotels for the money, but NONE in such a great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Helnan Marina Sharm is located in the center of Sharm El Sheik city on Sinai Peninsula overlooking Na'ama Bay, with the blue crystal water of the Red Sea. The hotel is the ideal place for holiday makers from world wide, either relaxing or for diving to explore the magnificent coral reefs. The hotel management had studied all means to create the utmost comfort, pleasure and relaxation to satisfy their guests needs, to bring their dream holiday to life. The hotel is located in the heart of Na'ama Bay, sea view, within a distance of 11 km from SSH International Airport, and 5 km from the bus station and 7 km from the Old Market. The hotel is on the far edge of the bay, with a lifetime panoramic view for the full bay is seen... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Helnan Marina Sharm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helnan Marina Sharm Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Helnan Marina Sharm El Sheikh