“Not a bad place. But there are better!”

Ranked #98 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
London, England, United Kingdom
“Not a bad place. But there are better!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We came across this hotel last year on a visit to Na'ama bay. It was the location and and the pool area that sold it to us. I made contact with the hotel before hand and was given a complementary up grade to our room.
There are many good points about this place. The staff are very warm, and friendly, It is very clean. The beach area is beautifully kept and the animation team and evening entertainment is better than in many hotels.
I have been to Sharm many times and normally, after the first week I find myself wondering what to eat at meal times. Unfortunately, this was the case after 4 days. Whilst the quality of the food was first class, the variety was a little disappointing and monotonous. Were I to stay here again, I would choose the B&B option and not A.I.
There was, however, a serious issue with this hotel. There did not seem to be a "chain of command" when things went wrong. Some guests in the hotel chose to play their own music very loudly around the pool area, and persisted in climbing onto the jacuzzi wall and diving or bombing into the main pool. This was despite signs telling people it was not permitted. The pool guys did a good job in immediately policing this and asking them to turn the music down and stop the bombing/diving. Initially they did but later it would go back up and the bombing of the pool (splashing other guests around the area) continued, and they laughed at him! There seemed to be no recall for him to get assistance from security or management. IF YOU HAVE A POLICY IT NEEDS TO BE ENFORCEABLE! A similar policy was the dress code for evening dinner. It seems the sort of high class establishment where guests would want to dress smartly for dinner and the hotel would enforce this. However whilst they tended to say no to "obvious" swim wear( speedo's bikinis), other attire (often scruffy or swim shorts, some ladies very inappropriately dressed-much to the amusement of the waiters.) seemed acceptable. A stronger management structure could sort these issues if they wanted them sorted.
It is a shame as the staff really go out of their way to ensure you have a pleasant stay.
I have stayed in many hotels throughout the world for both business and pleasure. This is a GOOD hotel. However I am unable to rate it as such on T.A. It is above average but not yet (in my Opinion) a Very Good hotel. Not sure if I would return, because in Sharm there are better hotels for the money, but NONE in such a great location.

Room Tip: Make contact before hand!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank JamesDHale
HelnanMarinaHotel, Front Office Manager at Helnan Marina Sharm, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Mr. James

I would like to Thank You Very much for the time you spent to write about your recent stay with us, we were very concerned to see that you will not recommend our hotel for your families and friends.
We will be honored to get another opportunity of welcoming you back and that your previous experience will not refrain you from visiting us again.
Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to the next visit which I hope it will be in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Nice hotel , verry good beach point , but The food isint The best . Breakfast is good but lunch And dinner could be' better . And The restaurant could be a bit cleaner , especialy At The show cooking point . Personal is verry kind . Animation is good . Rooms are ok , a bit small but ok

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Pietrosm
HelnanMarinaHotel, Front Office Manager at Helnan Marina Sharm, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Mr. Schope

Alexandria, Al Iskandariyah, Egypt
Reviewed February 6, 2013

First time i went with friends in the summer and then i went there again alone to meet my fiance
Staff was great, me (Egyptian) and my fiance (Polish) didnt have any troubles in the hotel for her entering my room like we did in another hotels later :/

and the animation team was super friendly

and the food was tasty mmmmm.. they made crabs and shrimps someday which was my fav <3

and on my fiance mom's birthday we were surprised by a cake and people singing happy birthday to her ^^

and the location was in middle of nemaa bay and u can explore all the night life u want (Discos, bars, shops, cafes, etc...)

thank you so much for making our stay there worth it, would def. go there again :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank AdamsZ_ZX
HelnanMarinaHotel, Manager at Helnan Marina Sharm, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Sir

Thank you for your interest to state your satisfaction and we are looking forward to welcoming you always at our sunny hotel

Ramadan Moussa
Reservation & Revenue Manager
Jordan
Reviewed January 29, 2013

just came from a one week trip to sharm el sheikh during which we stayed in Helnan Marina hotel,
the hotel has a very strong edge on competitors there, it has an excellent beach and location which we liked very much
the package was all inclusive with soft drink but the front counter refused our request to change the soft drink to hard drink and pay the difference, which i don't know why not, it should be a routine calculation!

i was surprised to see that smoking was allowed in the lobby!!!
there is a small part of the lobby for non smoker which was not enough.

the room size was just enough and the bathroom is very small 1.4 sq meter

staff were friendly, especially the animation team, they are amazing energetic team working hard day and night,

the hotel is somehow noisy. with many Russians guests who usually have a loud voice at night.

Another thing surprised me was the fitness centre, i went there to use the machines and found that i have to pay like 50 EP, I can imagine paying for massage but not for using the machines!

Room Tip: we were at 419 and found it noisy
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gdayeh2
HelnanMarinaHotel, Front Office Manager at Helnan Marina Sharm, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Mrs. Rahaf

It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the service you received during your stay with us. We have taken notes of your kind comments and will pass it on to all departments concerned.

For your kind information, your comments are of great importance to us, only through your comments, we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

As for your comments about front desk,Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that might have caused and would like to assure you that your comments have been taken constructively in consideration.

Best Regards.

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is my second visit to Sharm El-Sheikh, this time I went with family to Helnan Marina Sharm, the main reason was for its location, very close to the markets. We stayed 3 nights, all inclusive. After booking the hotel, my sister sent an email to the hotel manager asking about the hotel amenities and if it is possible to arrange for two adjacent / or connected rooms that can be reached easily (close to elevator or exits) since we are travelling with elderly family members who would find it difficult to walk for long distances. An answer from Mr. Hisham was received on the same day assuring that everything will be fine and as requested. This was not the case, as we arrived, our rooms were very far from the elevator. During our stay (3 nights, 4 days) we could not reach Mr. Hisham although we asked for him several times at the reception front disk.

Positives:
Location, two minutes walk to Na’ama Bay shopping area
Its beach close to the hotel, it is sandy and you will not be able to see corals
Food is not bad, not very good but not bad. A dish of sea food is always present either in lunch or dinner.
Clean.
Friendly staff especially Ahmad and Hasan at the beach and the beach bar. Those at the front reception desk were mostly rude.
The musician Ghada, she is so friendly and played lovely music at the lobby after dinner.

Negatives:
Rooms are small, toilets are very small.
Very noisy, the activity stage is in a small garden (lawn) facing most of the hotel rooms, the music and drunken guests noise was up to late hours at night.
Breakfast was the same all through our stay, no big variation in lunch and dinner buffets either.
No free internet (expensive). I think most of the hotels in Sharm El-Sheikh do not have free internet.
Not a good place for snorkeling. In fact, you will not enjoy snorkeling since no corals or marine life to see on its beach (if you go far away from beach you may see one or two colorful fish, nothing close to beach to see). It is a sandy beach good only for swimming.
No connected standard rooms
Only one all inclusive beach bar that is located near the swimming pools (not even at the beach) with very little choices of beverages and drinks, no ice cream or fresh juice. No inclusive bar is available at the hotel, so if you want to drink a beverage you should go out from the hotel to the pools area crossing the street in front of the main hotel entrance to get what you want.
Front desk staff is rude

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sugarcone
HelnanMarinaHotel, Front Office Manager at Helnan Marina Sharm, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Dr. Areej

Best Regards.

Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
Reviewed January 25, 2013

It is a great hotel in naama bay direct on the sea they have heated swimming pool the food is great, the location in one minute from naama bay shopping area, restaurants and night clubs.
4 stars hotel but the location and service are great.

Room Tip: Royal rooms are great
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. Yahia

How always nice to receive positive comments from a very important guest like yourself, I am so happy and proud that we succeeded to meet your expectations and we managed to make your recent holiday as enjoyable as ever.

Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home.

Best Regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed there for 1 week. Service was great from the lovely staff. Their was alot of activities you could do during the day as well as visiting the beach. Nightlife in sharm was amazing they have a lot of tourist shops open as well as clubs. The rooms were standard, good cleanliness. Inclusive was AMAZING there. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Sonal H
Ramadan M, Manager at Helnan Marina Sharm, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Mr. Sonal