We stayed for two weeks in room 315. Room was 3 star at best but served the purpose and was clean and comfortable.The best thing about this hotel was easily the quality of the staff.Genuinely helpful and friendly, not 'playing for tips', and those I spoke to seemed to enjoy working for the company saying they were well looked after and it showed in their service. The Hotel is huge but never felt unable to cope. Excellent sun loungers were always available around all the pools and little bits of maintenance were carried out swiftly and unobtrusively. Anything I saw break was fixed within hours a sign of a well run hotel. Food was of a good standard for a high volume international buffet,but the highlight for us,was a paid for meal, in the on site Tandoori restaurant. The curries were absolutely fantastic, rich and tasty with no excess oil.Highly recommended. The hotel is placed at the quiet end of Naama bay with a pleasant 20 min stroll along the promenade to get to the more lively centre. We'd read terrible reviews of hassle and agressive touting in Naama butcfoundcthis not to be true for us. A single friendly 'no thanks' was usually enough to bring any exchamge to a close. The beach is broken up in to small private sections for individual hotels. Sonesta's section is ok. The beds are a little scruffy but have thick mattresses. There is an area roped off for snorkelling and outside this area is for motorboats and such like to come in to shore. I found during the day, inshore snorkelling to be very unpleasant with a lot of diesel and debris in the water. The coral was all but dead due to tourists. However the fish are there to be seen. Further out ,there is more live coral and less diesel but I found myself surrounded by large glass bottomed tour boats. TOP TIP. If you can haul your carcass out of bed, 6am til 8am the snorkelling is fantastic, with none of the unpleasantness ,noted earlier,present.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sonesta Beach Resort & Casino Sharm El Sheikh, stretching across the sands of Naama Bay, overlooks the Red Sea and South Sinai desert and mountains. The resort's traditional Arabic domes and archways form a village-style ambiance. The resort offers a private beach for the world's best scuba diving in the Red Sea's legendary waters, and seven swimming pools for relaxing laps in the sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sonesta Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Beach Resort And Casino
- Sonesta Beach Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sonesta Sharm El-Sheikh
- Sharm El-Sheikh Sonesta