“Animation team made my holiday!!!”

Sonesta Beach Resort & Casino
Ranked #81 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“Animation team made my holiday!!!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

All the staff in the resort were friendly and made the day enjoyable but for me the animation team made my holiday.
All the animation team were fantastic! They made me and my family feel very welcome and more like friends than just another paying guest. I enjoyed taking part in the activities but the team also made time to sit and talk to you instead of just wanting you to join in on the activities.
I went to a couple of clubs with the animators despite being very scared of the reputation and trouble in Egypt but Valentina Cavalli and Moka Carletoo (two of the animation team) looked after the guests, they remained with us the entire night and made us feel very safe.
Both Valentina and Moka only joined this hotel when I arrived as a guest 2 weeks ago, they both fitted in well and looked part of the team for years and not just for 2 weeks.
I felt very close to Valentina, Moka and Aurelia Leonardo, they became close friends to me and they made my holiday.
Without them I wouldn't of enjoyed my holiday and proberly wouldn't come back as there isn't much to do outside of the hotel but thanks to them 3 and the rest of the animation team I would recommend this hotel and would be checking they are all still working at the hotel before I returned. they are all very welcoming and excellent entertainers who I will miss very much and will take a lovely experience back with me.

Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Portishead, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We have just got back from a week at Sonesta Beach and we had an amazing time there! All the staff are really friendly and helpful, especially the animation team and the bar staff at the Blue Wave! Our room was lovely and the hotel overall was very clean and in a great location.. right by naama bay! The hotel is great for young couples and we made loads of friends whilst we were there. The animation take you out on nights out too which is great! The only thing I would say could be improved is the breakfast but lunch and dinner were quite good for all inclusive. The Lebanese restaurant that is included was lovely so try that one out!

Our Thompson rep tried to get us to avoid booking through 'Mickey Blue Eyes' who sells trips around the pool but we booked both the water park and a boat trip through him and had a great time! If you go to a water park, make sure it is Aqua Park which is in a hotel but there are over 20 slides and it is really good fun! The boat trip we went on cost us £25pp rather than £50pp through Thompson and we had a lovely day! We did book one trip through Thompson which was the Ultimate Desert Safari which was really fun. You start the evening with either quad biking or sand buggys and then you get a camel ride, show and dinner. It was well worth it!

I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely go back myself.

Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013

just come back after a weks stay in sonesta beach and id definatly go back, our room was huge, very clean hotel grounds were very well looked after couldnt fault anything about the place all bar staf were fab we spent most our time by the blue wave bar , always had a gigggle with Amr from behind the bar , animation team were fab aurelie and her aqua gyyyyymmmm every morning, met good friends too definately worth a visit

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013

So just a quick review from when me and my boyfriend stayed in Feb this year..A really nice hotel, clean, We stayed near the Cactus pool our room was huge ,massive bed and a balcony that over looked the pool area. Food was average but u get what u pay for, the Italian and Indian restaurant on the resort were definitely worth a visit so cheap and food was to die for. personally didn't like the beach as its very shady and we like the sun also quite crowded. Naama bay is DISGUSTING went one night and would never go again, u get shouted at, pointed at all sorts definitely would not recommend. We also visited the massage place on the resort I would definitely recommend a visit you also can haggle the price with them I think we got 2 full body massages for £40. But overall this hotel is great value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2013

this was my first time to egypt and going on an all inclusive holiday and i have to say sonesta beach resort has set the standard very high for future holidays. our room was MASSIVE and the general feel of the resort was very clean and spacious. everyone who worked there could not have done enough for us, remebering from day to day were we sat, what we drank and where so friendly it was a nice touch to the holiday...also there english is excellent. the food was lovely and neither me or my friend had any problems with this. there is plenty to do at the resort in particular the animation team provided so much entertainment throughout the day...im 28 and i loved all of it. i can not think of a single fault with this hotel/resort and through talking to people on the plane journey home sonesta beach resort came up trumps.....thanks guys i had a fantastic time.... and i would definately go back....Sam x

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank sam r
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2013

After lots of research on trip advisor trying to find the best location, Sonesta stood out from the rest. It was also both mine and my partner's first time in Egypt. We returned Sunday gone after a week all inclusive at the Sonesta. The staff were nothing but helpful. All spoke English and were more than happy to help! I was quite surprised at how many people were at the resort due to recent 'troubles' but fortunately, the place was heaving. On our last day the resort had to reopen one of their restaurants the Le Dome to accomodate everyone. This restaurant was exactly like The Citadel which was the main buffet/restaurant for all three meals. Breakfast was relatively ok. There wasn't your typical fry up but they had eggs, pastries, cereals etc. Lunch was a bit bland in my opinion. The choices of salads were very good but the hot food was a mixture and found that nothing really went well together. Not enough meat, but you had a variety. Tandoori (food not inclusive) was the best Indian I have ever had! You must try the samosas! It was incredibly cheap and lovely service. Great portions too so much that we couldn't finish it all! :( The Casablanca also is included but you must book 24hrs before. We ate their twice and it was lovely! We sunbathed mainly around the pool opposite The Citadel as it was nice and calming. We travelled into SOHO Sq one evening too as there is a free shuttel from the hotel from 8.30pm-11pm. I think the pick up time is too late, but it was worth a visit. We went into the Ice Bar (ironic) but it was good fun! The resort itself and rooms were spotless! You will get bothered a bit by tour operators trying to sell you excurisions or spa days but they are just doing their job. Just be polite back and they will leave you alone. We did one excurision with Thomson, our holiday booker for the Ultimate Dessert Experience which was very good fun - definitely recommend! We also did a spa package together in the resort which was lovely. You got your moneys worth and it was just a nice thing to do during the day. The Animation Team were really good fun also! High spirits everyday - I don't know how they kept it up. I was dragged into Pilates twice but it was good fun to get involved! The Russians were a negative, but if you're not bothered by their appalling attitude you'll still enjoy yourself. Overall - a great trip and I would defintely recommend. In fact, a work colleague has just booked for November :)

Room Tip: Our room was opposite the Blue Wave pool which is the main activity pool. We didn't spend a lot...
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Having just come back from our holiday at this resort :) ( 19th to the 26th sept 2013, we must say that the place the people the staff all around this area were the nicest people we have ever met .They couldnt do enough for us , we felt like royalty and were treat like royalty:) . Our room was excellent i even had my own dressing room . The food was amazing , we went into naama bay had a brilliant time ,was sad to leave in a way , Didnt get bogged down with being harrassed at all , in fact they were friends by the end of the hols . We will deffo be going back in the near future , It was amazing and emaculate everywhere , A special mention to my housekeeper Abdul also Nafou the resturant manager ,and not forgetting Mustaffa and bob marley the camel :) .

Room Tip: Any of the rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple