“Very good hotel in excellent location”
Review of Lido Sharm Hotel

Lido Sharm Hotel
Ranked #19 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Ramsgate
“Very good hotel in excellent location”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Hotel was very clean and the staff so friendly. My room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The added kettle and tea making bits were a bonus. The staff at the reception desk were very helpful. I will definitely make this the hotel i will use in the future, it was so close to all the facilities of perfect diving in the Red Sea.

Room Tip: Ask the reception for a room that has minimal stairs to and from your room. A lift is supplied to t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank bonaventure2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The hotel was fantastic, small and very friendly, nothing was too much trouble and just far enough from the noise of Naama Bay. Rooms very good, though looking a little dated, they are very clean with air conditioning, TV,phone,fridge and brewing facilities, which the bigger hotels do not have. Good bathroom including all you could need, clean towels, soap, hair dryer etc. Used the pool roof which was very good, good breeze and enjoyed watching the diving boats coming and going daily, everything laid out for you daily once the pool man (Makram) knew your routine, the same with the pool bar staff (Samual & Hussan) drinks to the ready daily, fantastic. There was plenty of room to move about, not packed like sardines as on some of the beaches. Enjoyed watching and taking part in the aqua aerobics in the sea with the next hotel along the beach. Food in the restaurant good with plenty of choice (hot or cold) and some things cooked fresh daily for you, no complaints. Would definitely go to this hotel again and would recommend it .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a fantastic week at the Iberotel Lido. Great break but no surprise as we were returning very satisfied customers all the staff made us feel so welcome special mention for Makram and Samuel for looking after us around the pool for those lazy days. Ideal location to make the most of the bars and restaurants in the town at night. Can also recommend the on site lifestyle massages with the team we had two again which completed the relaxing week. Will be back again as soon as we can. Great thanks.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ian K
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The hotel itself is clean and tidy, the pool area is very nice with great views of the sea and harbour. Ideal for Naama Bay nightlife but nice and quiet in the evenings!
Hotels position is great if youe a suba freak as the boats are 1 minutes walk in the morning :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mark G
Suffolk
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Since returning to the UK on 22 March, I've been perplexed as to the reason more people are not reviewing this lovely hotel. I've come to the conclusion it's because those lucky enough to stay here don't want Sharm's best kept secret to get out!
The Lido has the best service I've encountered in Sharm (in five trips), the best location and the best atmosphere.
The hotel is small, which means you get a chance to talk to the other guests and the staff (who, by the way, are all lovely people). Every guest we spoke to while we were there was already planning a return visit, which says a lot. And my friend and I are now doing the same, after experiencing what we are now describing 'an epic holiday'.
The rooms aren't as flashy as at some other hotels in Sharm, but I've never gone on holiday to spend it in my room. Saying that, the rooms are comfortable and have everything you might need. I'm sure, if you did find anything lacking, the hotel management would bend over backwards to rectify the situation.
My friend and I (women in our 30s) felt safe and looked after all week, both in the hotel and out.
I'd like to mention some of the staff for all they did for us, but I'm aware I will leave some out, but here goes:
Samuel for keeping us topped up with bloody Marys by the pool all week (and water too!)
Makram for sorting out our sunbeds every day and also turning our beds to face the sun every lunchtime
Hasan for making excellent cocktails all week long
Mohamed and Samy (and all the other waiters and chefs) for serving us so excellently each mealtime and explaining what we, as vegetarians, could eat
Karem for his smiling face on our arrival and constant checking on our happiness

Also, we met non hotel staff who made our holiday even better: Samara (excursions), Haddi (Blue Ocean dive centre) and Said (massage). They each spent time talking to us and entertaining us even if/when they knew there was no money in it for them!

Overall, we can't wait to return. Thank you to everyone at the Lido for making this our best trip to Sharm yet and an experience we hope to repeat soon (and I post this review with some misgivings...after all, I don't want the secret to get out...!)

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sub-editor
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The food and coffee were likely the main downside of this hotel. I ended up staying in 3 hotels during this stay, with a week in each, and the food at the Lido was by far not the best.

However, location, location, location and for that, with a seaview room, was very good. The only problem is the single glazing does certainly not cancel out the severe noise of music coming in across the bay which sometimes went on until 3-4 am. I sleep well, but it did disturb me. Pachas nightclub and competition for bars to out do each other is what causes the noise.

The hotels roof pool is very small. In the brochure / travel site it looks much bigger than it really is. Another person also commented on this. I would expect if the hotel ever got full that you would have a hard time sitting around it due to lack of overall space.

The hotel was not full when I went. Met some very nice people there who were staying solo - Graham, Junne and Tim and this made all the difference to staying as a solo traveller.

The beach was fine with a pretty amazing marine life just off of the hotel itself.

I eventual succumbed to a massage after the 'Said' kept asking and asking. I think the girls name was 'Horam' and for £40 British it was the worst, most apathetic and shortest massage I have ever had in my life. It lasted only around 25 minutes and I was glad it was over to stop wasting my time. I did not express my annoyance but just would not return for another that is for sure.

At the end of the day you can't really go wrong with the Lido - good location, tucked out the way but I would suggest half-board

There were a couple of little things that annoyed me such as two staff members watching an absolutely drunk slaughtered customer stumbling all over the place and not helping him. Even when I went to help the man they refused to take one side of him or help at all and the mans small partner struggled with me up the stairs to get him to his room. When I questioned the staff about why they never helped the answer I received was "He was drinking wine all day, we told him to slow down". In my opinion the drunk chap was on holiday and he very nearly did himself a serious injury when he fell. The staff are there to help, not judge. The way they ignored him, and then my request for a helping hand was more than unacceptable.

On my last night I had a shisha on the beach with Acmet from the Sudan. Lovely man, such a decent human being. The only drawback to the shisha is that even with my socks on I was bitten 47 times on one foot and 28 times on the other by sand fleas in the cushions that I was on for 2 hours. My feet were a horrendous sight for 2 weeks ! They need to sort those cushions out.
The shisha guy kind of made my week there. It's the simple people in life that are the friendliest and most honest.

There is still hassle in Naama Bay but it is not like is was 10 years ago. Things around the area are exceptionally quiet and this is not a good thing.

Room Tip: Get a sea view but remember the noise is an issue.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Mikequality
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is rather basic, but clean and with excellent service. The food was very good. Great location for divers, 2 minutes walk to the port. The beach is rather small, but there is also a nice swimming pool on the roof. Great massage from Said and his sister!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends