The staff at this hotel, from the management to the waiters and beach staff, made this the most pleasant holiday I have ever had. Nothing was too much trouble and everything was done with a smile. Refreshingly, it was obvious the staff were not after tips, but seemed to genuinely enjoy what they were doing and being "nice".
As a result of course, they were generously tipped at the end of the holiday.
The hotel itself has what I regard as the best position in Narma Bay, overlooking the bay and beaches. The roof-top pool sundeck is just superb as the views are amazing and it catches the breeze making the heat bearable. On cooler days, the beach is sheltered. Finally, on my eighth trip to Sharm, I have found the perfect location. It is very close to the centre, but remote enough from the main street for the late night "boom-boom" music not to be problem.
This may only be a 4Star hotel but I think that is an injustice. OK, it doesn't have a fitness suite or sauna, but that doesn't matter. It is beautifully clean, the food is excellent and the rooms well appointed. A kettle is provided along with complimentary teas and coffee. I have stayed in so called luxury 5stars in Rome and Paris that do not provide this and certainly don't have such nice staff.
This hotel is for those who want a quiet relaxing holiday in lovely surroundings. It is not for those who want loud music, an entertainment team that think that everyone wants to scream and shout.
The breakfast restaurant has an open air section literally three yards from the sea. Just superb. There is also a unique restaurant built out over the sea where an evening meal can be taken whilst watching the wonderful fish swimmimg around and underneath.
As I said, the most pleasant of places to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lido Sharm Hotel is a charming and intimate boutique style hotel directly facing the Red Sea water on Naama Bay, and in front of the plateau of Om El Sid hill. It is only two minutes walk from Naama Bay center and the heart of Sharm El-Sheikh City and only 11 km from the airport. Looking out from the roof of the hotel is like standing on the prow of an ocean liner as she reaches out for the sea. This stunning vista over Naama Bay is matched by a beautiful landscape, a clean sandy beach and a friendly, convivial and intimate atmosphere. Hotel facilities include exquisite restaurants and bars we have a pool and beach bar and La Folie Terrace Bar. As well as a range of leisure activities. Full reception facilities are supported by a 24-hour concierge service and Internet access in the lobby. Diving and snorkelling experince would not have easier with thier "Blue Ocean - Dive Club" diving center taking the advantage of being next to the mian boats jetty of Naama Bay. After a long day snorkeling just experiencing the bustle of downtown Sharm, take a refreshing dip in the pool before retiring to your room. Room Service is 24/7, and medical assistance is available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lido Sharm Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberotel Lido Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Iberotel Lido Sharm El Sheikh