“Excellent r&r week”
Review of Iberotel Palace

Iberotel Palace
Ranked #11 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed at the Iberotel Palace from 10th to 17th of Feb. I booked this hotel based on previous tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed and had a superb week of r&r.
The hotel was spotless,rooms cleaned every day with fresh towel art to be admired. Pool area kept spotless even spillages are delt with promptly, as are all public areas and toilets. Service and food good in all restaurants and beach bar. Enjoyed a lovely meal in the a a carte Italian restaurant - it was nice to be waited on.
The entertainment very relaxing and easy on the ear, daytime activities are avaliable but no pressure to partake.
To conclude a 1st rate hotel with staff from top to bottom who go out of their way to make your stay memorable. Many thanks keep up the good work.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kingy61

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just returned on the 15th of Feb travelling with Thomson.

If your criteria for a holiday is to chill, relax, lay in the sun, eat fab food and drink wine, then
this is the place for you!! From checking in to checking out we were completely horizontal. I
really can not remember being this chillled on holiday.

The reasons for this are many. The hotel is pristine and kept so on a daily basis. The rooms and communal areas are constantly being cleaned. The room was spacious and contemporary.
The pool area was not crowded, you could always find a sun lounger, and this goes for the beach also!

I have to mention the staff. I have never visited a hotel where your satisfaction is absolutely
top of the list. Anything you want, any problems you think you may have will be dealt with
immediately. The customer relations girls walk round every day asking if everything is OK.
Their dedication is amazing. Just an example of this, we were handed a questionnaire on our
second evening which we put excellent for everything, but in the comments section I dared to
make a little joke and put, ''Bring the wine quicker!!!!''. The next day the bar manager approached me to address my complaint about slow service!! I advised him it was my idea of humour. He immediately told the general manager that all was OK. Phew!!

The food is also great. One of the best buffet main restaurants I've encountered. Varied, hot
and lovely. Even the beach bar food is top notch. The pizzas and burgers are the sort you
would find in a nice restaurant rather that a fast food place!!

Such a fantastic place. Great food, wine, atmosphere, entertainment, sunshine. Just go and chill!!

Oh, and no kids!!!!!!!

Oh, and no sign of a dikky tummy, AT ALL!!!!

Room Tip: If you can choose a top floor room do so. The furniture on the floor can be quite noisy!
4  Thank jdhb
Reviewed February 16, 2013

A good holiday, very clean hotel with excellent food. Rooms good and very clean although asked to be moved due to being on wrong side of hotel. By this I mean noise from across the bay consisting of music, dogs barking during night. Not alone on this issue and can appreciate that if you were any where else in the hotel you will not know what I am on about. Anyway, hotel staff are aware of this problem and moved us to another room, problem resolved. Must admit that it seemed less noisey during the second week generally, so others might not have a problem, but handy to know either way. Good staff, very clean public areas and good entertainment although could have gone on longer some nights. Good quality drinks and good bar service. Mixed age group but youngsters might need to venture out for a bit more excitement. Beach good and water nice and salty, you cannot sink! Overall a very nice and relaxing holiday . Would I go back again? possibly but must return to Club Magic to compare and then I can give you my decision, but must admit I dont think many will be dissapointed with this very efficient hotel, please give serious consideration if you have not been to Egypt before.
Beauty salon is worth a visit especially for Ahmeds crazy nail art( my wifes view not mine) Youssef( entertainment team) is a wonderful polite gentlemen that can turn into a clown instantly, what a bloke, memorable!

Room Tip: Inform reception of any problems and they will resolve it.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank nigelrummery
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Just back from 10 glorious days of wall to wall blue skies and sun. This is a great hotel if you just want some quiet R n R The hotel was constantly being cleaned, the gardens primped. The food was plentiful, perhaps a little bland, but always a great selection and you could always find something nice to eat. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. What more can I add. Just did what it said on the packet. Would recommend. Really comfy beds and big white towels that went all the way round the body and still tucked in!!

3  Thank LJWale
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We knew from the moment we booked that our stay at the Iberotel Palace was going to be a good one, the reviews on here made that very clear, but the location, staff and atmosphere have to be experienced to fully appreciate.
Our room (3217) overlooked the lower pool and had views of the beach and upper pool & terrace, it was spacious and spotlessly clean.
The food was excellent for all inclusive and we had no stomach problems at all, I was cautious about eating the fish and prawns at the start of the holiday, but I had tried both by the end of our week and everything was fine. As stated by others, the drinks here are labelled brands and are served straight from the bottle, I tried the house red which is generally served from jugs and this was good quality too, I suffer from headaches if I drink cheap red wine, so I have to be careful, but the house red here was no problem for me, so I know that it's half decent wine.
The food in Toscana (the Italian Restaurant) was superb, we dined here on our last night using our voucher for one free meal there. When we return I will happily pay to dine there an extra night, as this was a great experience. Our evening meals were in The Blue Marine restaurant on the seafront and this had a great atmosphere and service.

The evening entertainment was low key but good and was not intrusive. Our only comment would be that the local acts were quite short and left us wanting more. The resident duo Danni & Alex (DnA) were excellent.

The Thompson rep Stacey was very helpful and informative, she looked very nervous during our welcome meeting which made me think that she was going to be a bit green, but on a one to one basis, she was great and a good rep, thank you Stacey for all your help and advice.

There are a number or double hammocks around the grounds which are great for chilling out in at night or during the day. There are four poster beds outside too!

To comment on the gripes that other reviews have listed:

Hassle from the Beauty Salon staff; yes we were approached on the beach about the services offered here, we listened politely and then I told them, again politely, that we weren't interested and had no intention of visiting the salon during our stay. They didn't approach us again during our stay, so no problem there.

Call to prayer; when visiting an Islamic country, what do you expect? yes, you can hear it, yes, it does wake you up at 5am, but after a day or two once we got used to it, we rolled over and went back to sleep. I think it is very disrespectful to complain about this, it's part of the experience of being in Egypt.

Customer Service Team; during our week there, we were asked if everything was ok on four occasions, once was a phone call on our first full day and the other three whilst on the beach or around the pool, each occasion took about a minute or less, so I can't see what people are complaining about here, rather this than apathy!

I can't praise the staff enough, they go out of their way to make your holiday special, nothing is too much trouble. It is a great place for winter sun and yes, we will be going back.
Thank you to everyone at Iberotel Palace for making our holiday so enjoyable and such a special experience.

6  Thank Craig332
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Returned on 14/2 following a very enjoyable week at this hotel as part on a Thomson all inclusive package. Flights, transfers etc all want seamlessly and from the outset the hotel staff made our stay very enjoyable.
Hotel is clean, well appointed and the room are spacious and well maintained. Beach is clean and sandy and for snorkellers there is a short (5min) boat ride across the bay to the coral beach which boasts a healthy fish and coral reef -the health and variety of coral exceeding our experiences of The Maldives.
Food in the hotel is varied and caters for a wide variety of tastes and the quality is very good. Did the VIP boat trip on offer from Thomson which offers a cruise with lunch and snorkelling at three different locations....enjoyable and good snorkelling but the crossing of nearly two hours to the first stop was rough...just one to be aware of if not good at sea travel. That said it was an enjoyable day out...
The staff at this hotel make all the difference Tarek the hotel reservation managers goes out of his way to help and Moussa who waits at Blue Marine is of particular note but everyone we encountered created a great impression.
Overall, a good quality hotel and location and ideal for a winter sun break...temperatures up to 30 during the day, evenings cooler but very pleasant compared to home!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank peejYorkshire
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Have been to Egypt a few times and stayed at good hotels. This one is my favourite. We will go back – ideal for a winter break! In Feb temp good and humidity low – very nice, though cool evenings.

Location perfect – Old Sharm market across the road and hotel goes straight onto its own beach, with soft sand in a well protected small bay – good as it can be windy in Sharm, at least in Feb. Weather was great (c.26c)though sea just 22c…but the hotel has a heated outdoor pool at 30c.

Attractive well maintained architecture, restaurants, bars, lobby & gardens.

Accommodation - excellent – spacious bedrooms kept impeccably clean and nicely furnished.
Food quality and choice excellent as were the all inclusive drinks.

Just be aware you need warm clothes esp. if you go the desert /star gazing tour, which I strongly recommend. We even bought the DVD Thompson/ TravelCo made of our trip. Just watched it today- quality of it excellent. DVD £14.

BUT BEST OF ALL WAS THE STAFF TEAM

They are like a family and treat AND MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE A PART OF THE FAMILY. We were frequently asked by our lovely guest services lady whether (or not) everything was (or was not) to our satisfaction. Guess all this is partly possible because the hotel has a max occupancy of circa 500 – couples only – and employ c. 300 staff. So you get to know their faces, and they yours within 24 hours! (No wrist bands needed!)

For a hotel of this size the evening entertainment was low key but with a very good live singer every night, PLUS one spectacular “Fire” dance show the night before we left.

The Thomson VIP Sea Cruise is great – the variety of fish and corals are second only in my experience to the Great Barrier Reef - just be aware that you need you own snorkel equipment or hire it for £12 ( inc. flippers) pp. in addition to the tour cost.

If you want to chill out and soak up some sun, this is the PERFECT venue for any couple of any age.

STRONGLY RECOMMEND

Room Tip: We just took a basic "superior" which was fine, maybe next time we will pick one overlooki...
4  Thank MikeSutton