“Perfect holiday for all!”

Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence
Ranked #34 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Perfect holiday for all!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I (both 18) stayed at Fanara for 2 weeks from the 19th of July, firstly I would recommend to anyone to go at this time of the year, its perfect! The weather was brilliant, but not too hot! This is also a very quiet time but not too quiet. One word of warning - there are not many english guests at the hotel we met 7 over our whole stay here but this didnt really bother us.

We had a sea view/pool view superior room, we saw some of the cheaper rooms and we would definitely recommend paying a bit more as our room was perfect and so clean! A big thanks to our amazing cleaner Mohammed who gave us lovely towel art everyday and helped with everything!

The other members of staff were all so brilliant, everyone who is employed at this hotel are lovely, friendly and welcoming, especially at the time of year we went (ramadan) they still worked like troopers! (especially Robbie who we still have contact with as he became such a good friend to us) We had a couple of issues with a few of the sales people who come around the pool and the beach.. the photographer tried to rip us off big time asking for 250 english pounds for a 1 hour photoshoot, he was also very rude during the shoot on his phone, pushing us around and some of his pictures were appalling ... we complained to the manager and they helped us out a lot getting the price right down, so DO NOT fall for it, they think the english are rich so will try! As usual in a foreign country,young girls need to be careful around the males and trust no one.

The animation team are all fun and helpful, shout out to didi, rebecca and guy with a ponytail - all very enthusiastic.

Outside of the hotel is nothing special, if youre looking for gifts the hotels shop is cheap and cheerful and much better quality that the markets outside (you can also haggle here), thank you Micheal to all of our wonderful purchases! Although, dont be afraid to go outside of the hotel, its very safe just be aware of your surroundings and ignore any of the shops and owners if you do not wish to go in, taxis will stop next to you on the paths just carry on walking and they will also go.

The food at this hotel was varied a lot and we loved it! No icky tummies while we were there either, they had food outside 2 nights a week which we loved! & they also had a set menu outside for free which people forget to mention, its definitely worth a try! They have continental nights, bbq nights and all sorts so theres always something for everyone.

The entertainment at night is rather poor and often very unplanned, but thats going to be expected when the hotel is only 20% full at this time of the year and it didnt really bother us, they had the football on a massive screen outside near the shisha which was also very nice!

The pools are amazing, theres a quiet one right at the other end of the hotel which was unused while we were there but we think it was open, the main pools were quiet enough anyway and the pool bar was lovely! they even bring surprise drinks over to you.

The beach was beautiful and the snorkling was great, however they do ask to not walk on the coral and ignorant people still do which is very disheartening! We hired a pedalo with another couple that we met and I must say that it is very worth while and amazing, especially if youre not a very strong swimmer. You can see just as much from the top of the boat and even stick your head in from the boat and enjoy that way. One thing I would suggest is, before agreeing a price with the random man offering, go to the main water sports desk on the beach as we got offered a very low price by a few men, agreed, then went to go pay and they said that they wanted more.

The spa there is lovely and so relaxing, we had 3 massages each as they had a great deal on, my boyfriend also got his hair cut at a very cheap price! :)

Wifi is free, you get a free slip for a certain amount, but once that is run out you can just go ask for another one and they will give it too you.

Overall, beautiful hotel with wonderful staff and facilities! Perfect for friends, couples and families. The only people I would not recommend this hotel for is severely disabled and elderly as the cliff to the beach is quite steep, although does give the hotel an amazing view!

This hotel is constantly looking for new ways to improve and appreciate every single guest that stays and they truly do make you feel welcome, any issues are resolved within 24 hours and they really do care deeply about their guests which was shown towards us, so thank you iberotel club fanara and we will hopefully see you in the future! Your friends, Jordan and Beth xx

Room Tip: Definitely go for a sea view/ pool view room as they are refurbished and beautiful! well worth the m...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beth B
Amro G, Manager at Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence, responded to this review, February 19, 2017
Dear Guests,
thank you for choosing JAZ Fanara Resort to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.
As a result of our efforts. This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvements

Amro Gamal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Egypt
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have stayed two nights from 19.06 to 21.06.2014 with my family
from the first impression , reception staff were very helpful and frindly
the hotel has a wonderful sandy beach, very good for the family with young and older children,
I would like to thank all staff in the hotel ( reservation, reception and restaurant).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2014

this was my 1st time at club fanara, stayed 1st 2 weeks in july 2014,before we went i checked reviews and thought it seemed good but when we arrived it was even better than i imagined,from the minute we walked in the door we were impressed. i can only describe this trip as the best holiday we have had anywhere. the superior rooms are great, flat screen tv, mini bar etc. location of hotel is on the cliff beside fanara beach which is one of best beaches in sharm. the grounds of the hotel are immaculate and kept spotless by the hard working staff with lots of sun beds around the many pools. the food choice is excellent in the restaurant and also at the pool bar during the day if you dont want to go to main restaurant. the staff are friendly and will do whatever it takes to make you happy, at the pool bar ROBBIE (masry) and macmoud are the stars,i cannot thank them enough for the unbelievable service that they gave us, and always with a smile, thanks again and see you next year for a beer and white wine with ice under the fan..... the animation team were friendly and put on some good entertainment, thanks afrikanno,didi and the team. the dive centre at the hotel diving and discovery were fantastic, always a dive brief before and never rushed,again here the staff were superb always helping you ,and kit washed and dried after every dive,guides were fantastic. we were asked by the management of ways to improve the hotel and i could not think of anything i would change, it is perfect and i am counting the days till i can return,

Room Tip: superior rooms are in better location and are perfect
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank william w

Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
Reviewed July 13, 2014

i rest in the iberotel club fanara & residence from 29-06 till 13-07 an it was really perfect holiday
food in the main restaurant were very good and so tasty,very clean and nice beach with a lovely view specially at the sunset,you can have any cocktail from pool bar or fantasia lobby bar...hotel staff are nice,polite,friendly and so helpful
animation team were so nice and so friendly specially Africano,Didi,Rebecca,Boubou,Wily,they really made our holiday so good and make us having a great time,many nice activities during day time and different nice show at night
just the room was bit small but this didn't bored us cause almost of the time we were by the pool or in the beach so we used just to sleep a bit at night
honestly cant wait to come back on my next holiday

Room Tip: rooms by the main pool are the best
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for two week all inclusive holiday.

The hotel is in the perfect location for snorkelling on the reef. Hotel hire out snorkels and fins if needed.

Rooms were large and clean, lovely balcony and views of the ocean. Steep walk to beach, so probably not good if you have mobility problems.

Smaller pool at back of hotel was perfect restful retreat. Staff were all friendly and helpful. Great food, particularly liked outdoor buffets by pool.

Would higly recommend for family break who loved snorkelling.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank MancJRG

b.ham england
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Havining just used diving and discovery for the 1st time I must let you know that this the best I have used in sharm over the last 19 times I have bean. The staff are the best in the sharm resort. Having a new knee this was my fist time back in the water , the staff help me kiting up in the water carried all my kit for me . Did not rush you like a lot off schools do. Had time to show you thing to make diving a lot ease . Wasting my kit was ever time I used it and put back dry reg put back in bag for me and looked after so we'll. having done 300 plus dives in sharm I would say these are the very best . With looking after you. You have to be mad not to use this school. Having the owner sitting down and ask you for feed back was so important to him . The kit the school was using was the best and we'll look after I have ever Sean. The paper work be for and after a diving should be look at by all the school in sharm to see how to do as most do not ,I would say say you have try the rest now try the best , a big thank you to Stella and all the staff for you help and look forwould to seeing you again Richard

Room Tip: The best diving school in sharm
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank richard f

Alexandria, Egypt
Reviewed July 4, 2014

The hotel location is miraculuous, the sea beach is amazing with the very rich coral reef,the best location for snorkellers, Also the diving center makes it easy to dive from the hotel so you do not have to leave the hotel "the Temple area to dive is fantastic".The staff were very cheerful and very helpful, The restaurant staff were very cooperative even my wife requested certain items from the Chef he did that for her.Also the house keeping team do not spare any effort to satisfy the us.The animation team are so friendly they turn your time during the vacation into a hilarious one.Imet the top management they really work hard in order to keep the service level up to the limit.I will definitely go there again and again.

Room Tip: Family rooms were large and are good for kids who will like to move and play inside rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family