“Lovely sitting with a coffee watching the sun go down”

Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence
Ranked #31 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I had a superior room which was very well appointed and very spacious. There was a view of the sea from the balcony. I was rather concerned that it overlooked the road but I found it very quiet at night. Grounds are lovely. Lovely to have breakfast and dinner outside at the Gazelle restaurant. I certainly enjoyed the food.

The position on the cliffs is wonderful and the beach and pools are out of the reach of the prevailing north wind. There is a shopping centre quite near.

I also noticed that my safe had been opened, having put a piece of marker paper in the hinge.

I found getting out to the snorkelling a struggle, to my great shame I manage to damage the coral and it damaged me in revenge, I really think they desperately need a jetty.

The water in the pools appeared to be bright and clean and very well heated.

The worshippers of the sun gathered every evening with a drink or a coffee to watch the sun go down lovely experience.

Some of the singers on the terrace were great. Entertainment team were Italian, not clear why since very few Italians in the hotel. Not quite my style. I think they need a rethink as to who they are aiming at. Quite difficult to find anywhere to sit without background music.

Great hotel cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank oldsportyrelaxer
Amro G, Manager at Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2017

Dear Guests,
thank you for choosing JAZ Fanara Resort to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.
As a result of our efforts. This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvements

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Thanks for the holiday! Food is amaizing! Managers and stuff very friendly ! I got much fun with animation team . We play with them beach volley every day and archery I like it. Amaizing view on the sea. Diving really good. Evening program very nice and disco in the hotel also good but need more russian music ....Mohamed in the pool bar his very freindly...thankyou for every body we will come back..

Room Tip: Rooms near the swimming pool its more its nice and more close to the sea beach....
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank AlexBabii

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Just came from this hotel . the vacation was great. want to tell a few words about animators.The Animators Alexander and Kristi are really great. the enjoy people do evrything really on a high rate, are very comunicative, to say shortly they are really GREAT.But Chief Animator Sara is a very rude and hateful person, doesn't know how to communicate with people, how to behave herself with ordinary tourists and people, you must replace her immediatelly!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bookmaker P

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Best holidays ever in Sharm :)

My girlfriend and I just spent the last 10 days in this hotel and it was way over our expectations.

All staff members are friendly and more importantly professional starting from the organisation from World first, our travel agency who well organise the all process. The reception's staff knows their business and provide you with all Key details. Because the hotel is way bigger than what you expect, especially if you arrived during the evening, ask for a room in the main building, near the main swimming pool. The view is half sea, half pool. The size of the room is good. They all have a terrace which is very nice to stay at the end of an hard beach day :)

Being an all inclusive hotel, you really don't need to spend a cent, however we strongly advise you to tips occasionally the staff members (pool bar, restaurant and pool & Beach staff) and remain friendly as they will properly take care of you!!!!!! We gave 15/20 Egyptian £ (2 English £) twice in 10 days to the main staff members (reception, bars, pool and beach, cleaning staff). Tips remain very small and will definitely help you to enjoy even more this little peace of paradise...

The pool is huge and beautiful, located on the top of the hill with the beach a few stairs below. If you like snorkelling & Diving, well this is the best site in Sharm! All the touristic boats are coming in front of the bay for diving. In 3 min sweam from the beach you arrived at the Recife line where the fishes are just beautiful and friendly within thousands of diffrent species, a must to see.

They organise twice a week barbecue dinners at the pool area which is very nice due to the brise of the evening mixing with the amazing view of the sea, quite speechless, the first day you arrived :)

The food in general is correct and propose enough variety for a 10/15 days trip.

We would very much recommend this hotel for everybody (couples, families, singles) as there is enough things to do to keep you busy. Alternatively, they will also respect the fact of you having relax holidays by chilling and sun bedding around the pool or beach and will not bother you at all.

Every evening, an animation team organise spectacles at the hotel arena and will entertain you during your stay.

Again, probably one of the best hotel in Sharm. We are already planning to go back there in November :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Just come back from Egypt.
Me and my husband stayed in this hotel. It was our first time in Egypt. For me it was a little surprise about 5 stars in Europe/Turkey and 5 stars in Egypt. Service is different, and I prefer Europe/Turkey, but we liked new experience and weather.
Rooms - we had superior room. When we went to room which was in main building, dark and with street 'view', immediately we upgraded to superior sea view! It was worth it! It's better upgrade room in hotel, cheaper! Rooms was clean and room service very good.
Food - very good. Every day something new. Residence restaurant at Sangria bar is very romantic with great atmosphere. Dinner in beach restaurant was perfect!
In hotel is diving school. It's very good idea, staff in school is very polite, friendly and helpful. Thank you for free diving lesson in hotel pool!
Beach is nice, we really enjoyed snorkeling.
We totally agree about Russian guest. They are too many. We have nothing to Russian people, but we don’t like be in hotel with them. They are loud and impolite. In this hotel 40-50% is Russian guests, so be ready for that.
Another thing what I want mention is Animation team. It’s 5 or 6 Italian (maybe Spanish) young people. So the level is adequate. They talk practically only with Italian guests. They do not greet with other guests (except Italian). To the evening show’s I wouldn’t take children’s, because show’s are vulgar and low level. My suggestion to hotel is take 3-4 experienced animators (better international team) who do they job good. Staff who offer SPA and excursion is annoyingly, coming to you every day. If you say NO, they can become impolite.
My suggestion for travelers who plan to choose this hotel – enjoy nice hotel, food, snorkeling and diving. Have a nice holidays!!! :)

Room Tip: Choose superior sea view, left side of reception.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Visited for 2 weeks in June and thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Upon arrival we were allocated a room which was terrible, dark, dirty and small with no balcony so we went to reception to change rooms as our booking stated we had a balcony! We were shown round another room which was just as bad as it had no windows so was very dark so we rejected this room. We were then shown to another room which we accepted with 2 balconies. The room was not great, we had a big rip in the mattress and our air con stopped working which was dreadful. Although we did not think much to our room, the hotel grounds were so beautiful and the views could not be beaten. The food was not to my taste and there was not much selection. The bar service was great, but reception were not so helpful as nothing was done about our air con. I would definitely stop in this hotel again but would upgrade to a superior room rather than a garden view room.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a superior room and not a standard garden view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank charlotte_louise92

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I had to go here by no choice of my own but as my dad was in the Sinai clinic so the insurance company placed us here.... Unless your in a superior room then don't bother as they are awful.... Paid to upgrade and they are lovely.... Came here from a thomsons hotel in nab bay and must say as nice as it was once upgraded there were far too many Russians.... Who I wouldn't mind but are so rude.... And I mean rude like not saying thankyou for holding the door open for them... The Russians spoil this hotel..... Nothing around here either.... So stick with nab bay if I was you... Leave this one for the Russians!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lisajhubbard
Amro G, Manager at Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2017

Dear Guests,

thank you for choosing jaz fanara resort to [spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback.
Our whole team is extremely committed to delivering the perfect holiday experience for each and every guest. We are very sorry that we didn't accomplish this for you. We welcome any suggestions for improving and developing our service. Please contact me by e-mail fo@jazfanara.com in order to discuss your impressions in more detail.
Thank you, once more, for your visit to our hotel. We would also like to apologize again for not fulfilling your expectations.
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Front office manager