“Amazing holidays”

Ranked #14 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing holidays”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Best holidays ever in Sharm :)

My girlfriend and I just spent the last 10 days in this hotel and it was way over our expectations.

All staff members are friendly and more importantly professional starting from the organisation from World first, our travel agency who well organise the all process. The reception's staff knows their business and provide you with all Key details. Because the hotel is way bigger than what you expect, especially if you arrived during the evening, ask for a room in the main building, near the main swimming pool. The view is half sea, half pool. The size of the room is good. They all have a terrace which is very nice to stay at the end of an hard beach day :)

Being an all inclusive hotel, you really don't need to spend a cent, however we strongly advise you to tips occasionally the staff members (pool bar, restaurant and pool & Beach staff) and remain friendly as they will properly take care of you!!!!!! We gave 15/20 Egyptian £ (2 English £) twice in 10 days to the main staff members (reception, bars, pool and beach, cleaning staff). Tips remain very small and will definitely help you to enjoy even more this little peace of paradise...

The pool is huge and beautiful, located on the top of the hill with the beach a few stairs below. If you like snorkelling & Diving, well this is the best site in Sharm! All the touristic boats are coming in front of the bay for diving. In 3 min sweam from the beach you arrived at the Recife line where the fishes are just beautiful and friendly within thousands of diffrent species, a must to see.

They organise twice a week barbecue dinners at the pool area which is very nice due to the brise of the evening mixing with the amazing view of the sea, quite speechless, the first day you arrived :)

The food in general is correct and propose enough variety for a 10/15 days trip.

We would very much recommend this hotel for everybody (couples, families, singles) as there is enough things to do to keep you busy. Alternatively, they will also respect the fact of you having relax holidays by chilling and sun bedding around the pool or beach and will not bother you at all.

Every evening, an animation team organise spectacles at the hotel arena and will entertain you during your stay.

Again, probably one of the best hotel in Sharm. We are already planning to go back there in November :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Amro G, Manager at Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence, responded to this review, February 19, 2017
Dear Guests,
thank you for choosing JAZ Fanara Resort to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.
As a result of our efforts. This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvements

Amro Gamal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Riga, Latvia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Just come back from Egypt.
Me and my husband stayed in this hotel. It was our first time in Egypt. For me it was a little surprise about 5 stars in Europe/Turkey and 5 stars in Egypt. Service is different, and I prefer Europe/Turkey, but we liked new experience and weather.
Rooms - we had superior room. When we went to room which was in main building, dark and with street 'view', immediately we upgraded to superior sea view! It was worth it! It's better upgrade room in hotel, cheaper! Rooms was clean and room service very good.
Food - very good. Every day something new. Residence restaurant at Sangria bar is very romantic with great atmosphere. Dinner in beach restaurant was perfect!
In hotel is diving school. It's very good idea, staff in school is very polite, friendly and helpful. Thank you for free diving lesson in hotel pool!
Beach is nice, we really enjoyed snorkeling.
We totally agree about Russian guest. They are too many. We have nothing to Russian people, but we don’t like be in hotel with them. They are loud and impolite. In this hotel 40-50% is Russian guests, so be ready for that.
Another thing what I want mention is Animation team. It’s 5 or 6 Italian (maybe Spanish) young people. So the level is adequate. They talk practically only with Italian guests. They do not greet with other guests (except Italian). To the evening show’s I wouldn’t take children’s, because show’s are vulgar and low level. My suggestion to hotel is take 3-4 experienced animators (better international team) who do they job good. Staff who offer SPA and excursion is annoyingly, coming to you every day. If you say NO, they can become impolite.
My suggestion for travelers who plan to choose this hotel – enjoy nice hotel, food, snorkeling and diving. Have a nice holidays!!! :)

Room Tip: Choose superior sea view, left side of reception.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Bridlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Visited for 2 weeks in June and thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Upon arrival we were allocated a room which was terrible, dark, dirty and small with no balcony so we went to reception to change rooms as our booking stated we had a balcony! We were shown round another room which was just as bad as it had no windows so was very dark so we rejected this room. We were then shown to another room which we accepted with 2 balconies. The room was not great, we had a big rip in the mattress and our air con stopped working which was dreadful. Although we did not think much to our room, the hotel grounds were so beautiful and the views could not be beaten. The food was not to my taste and there was not much selection. The bar service was great, but reception were not so helpful as nothing was done about our air con. I would definitely stop in this hotel again but would upgrade to a superior room rather than a garden view room.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a superior room and not a standard garden view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank charlotte_louise92

essex
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I had to go here by no choice of my own but as my dad was in the Sinai clinic so the insurance company placed us here.... Unless your in a superior room then don't bother as they are awful.... Paid to upgrade and they are lovely.... Came here from a thomsons hotel in nab bay and must say as nice as it was once upgraded there were far too many Russians.... Who I wouldn't mind but are so rude.... And I mean rude like not saying thankyou for holding the door open for them... The Russians spoil this hotel..... Nothing around here either.... So stick with nab bay if I was you... Leave this one for the Russians!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lisajhubbard
Amro G, Manager at Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence, responded to this review, February 20, 2017
Dear Guests,

thank you for choosing jaz fanara resort to [spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback.
Our whole team is extremely committed to delivering the perfect holiday experience for each and every guest. We are very sorry that we didn't accomplish this for you. We welcome any suggestions for improving and developing our service. Please contact me by e-mail fo@jazfanara.com in order to discuss your impressions in more detail.
Thank you, once more, for your visit to our hotel. We would also like to apologize again for not fulfilling your expectations.
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Front office manager
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

This hotel is excellent! We stayed for 14 days. Have been in Sharm two times before,and this time was the best.The weather is fantastic... Wonderful and friendly staff. We got a nice room with balcony,and we watched the sunset every night. The food is very tasty in both restaurants. High quality. We were served every lunch and dinner by Islam who gave us the best service. There is also a Spa,where we got massage.
The beach and the coral reef is amazing,We also tried scuba diving. Unforgetable!
I recommend this hotel. Of course, I will return.

Notice: Buy "OFF" Mosquito spray. Nescessary in the evenings. You can buy it in the pharmacy,or even in the hotelshop.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in my opinion is a very good hotel providing you stay on the rooms that are attached to the hotel and not the old rooms which are in the residence. When we arrived we were shown to our room and it was not a nice room at all not what I would expect from a hotel of this level, it was very very small and extremely dark having only one very small window and no balcony. We were than taken to another room which was marginally better in size but still very old and tired. As it was late we stayed in this room. After a very sleepless night due to the room overlooking the road we asked again to be moved.
This cost me a considerable amount to upgrade to a superior room in the main building but the room was lovely and spacious. These rooms have been modernised and have a very large walk in shower. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms had a light airy modern feel to them.
The food in this hotel is good for Egypt and the staff in both the dinning room and the pool bar were the best. We felt very looked after.
The pool area is great having two pools on split levels. There is good space and comfortable sun beds.
The beach was a little on the small size and a little crowded for our liking so spent most of our time round the pool.
The one thing about the beach is it is a short walk down a ramp to get to it maybe not great if you have mobility problems.
The best thing about the beach is the absolutely fantastic house reef which is easy to dive and snorkel. There are two great dive sites just of the beach and the Italian run dive school at this hotel is very well run with great friendly staff. My son did a PADI dive course and dived his first dives. I was a little concerned as he is only 11 but I didn't need to worry as he was extremely well looked after is already planning his return trip.

One thing that is a little annoying is the behaviour of some of the guests, I know this is not the fault of the hotel but there are a lot of Russian staying in this hotel and the can be very rude. They have no idea how to wait in a que and just barge you out of the way.

In short this hotel is a good one with some elements that are very good. If the rooms were all the same standard and the Russian guest were gone then I would have given it five stars.
We would return to this hotel mainly because of the great staff and the great house reef.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jude W

Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Just back from Sharm (21st March 2013)

This is the 4th time we have been to Sharm and this hotel is the best yet. The staff are fantastic and will do anything for you. The hotel sat on the cliff at Um El Cid overlooking it's own deep water beach and coral reef giving us the choice of going down the many steps for a swim in the sea or staying by the pool enjoying the views. The sunsets were spectacular and most evenings saw us and many others sat with a drink watching the boats go by and the sun go down. Our room was well appointed and kept spotless by Mohammed who suprised us each evening with his "towel art" which varied from swans to a monkey suspended from the ceiling!!. We had the pleasure of meeting two Ahmed's, one looked after us in the restaurant and the other at the hotel bars when they were on duty, they even got their colleagues to continue the high level of service on their days off.

Cannot praise the staff enough for making our stay so enjoyable and we are looking forward to returning later in the year.

All in all a fantastic place to go, fantastic weather and fantastic people.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple