“beyond my expectations”

Ranked #35 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Bedford, United Kingdom
“beyond my expectations”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I travelled in late october with my husband and three children aged 3, 5 and 9yrs. I had never visited Egypt before or had an all inclusive holiday and the holiday had been quite cheap so I wasn't expecting much, however we all had a brilliant time. The accommodation was spacious with comfortable beds for everyone and a separate room. The service was very good and child friendly. There were two pools the one near our room was mostly deserted. The food was what you would expect from a buffet, but BBQ by the pool was good. The beach and sea is perfect for children and felt very safe. Both the 5 and 9yr old were able to snorkel and see some amazing fish. On a practical note- the hotel provides beach and swimming towels so I didn't need to take any and you will need long trousers for one of the restaurants. I would certainly recommend these hotel for families.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Joanna R
Amro G, Manager at Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence, responded to this review, February 19, 2017
Dear Guests,
thank you for choosing JAZ Fanara Resort to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.
As a result of our efforts. This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvements

Amro Gamal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Well this is the SEVENTH time we have stayed at the Fanara, we have now started to call it our second home because we love it so much. When we went in June of this year the hotel had started the renovations to improve things and update the hotel,so we were a little bit disappointed not to have the room we requested, but on arrival this time in October some of them had finished,and true to their word we were the first guests to stay in the suite which is absolutely fantastic the decor was really nice and the rooms were just brilliant,Allah couldn't wait to show the suite to us, he was so enthusiastic it was contagious. It was so brilliant to see so many friendly faces who always make us feel so welcome. The whole place is just a delight to be at, can't wait until we go back next year,

Room Tip: Room 1327 is one of the suites, very large rooms and a great big balcony to sunbathe on when you wan...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank tracey H

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is one of the best hotels i liked in Sharm el Sheikh, will surely do it again.
The food is georgius, the thema restaurants are perfect and of course the italian cook makes the perfect al dente pasta everyday again. Thanks to him. Very clean and up to date.
The vieuw is fantastic, looking on ras mohammed. Very good choice, and if you want quitness, go at the pool at the end of the hotel, you will be charmed...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank pastago

Kelsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We love snorkelling and there is no question that this hotel is fab for snorkelling straight off the beach. According to the rep this is the best hotel for snorkelling in Sharm. The days we spent on the beach were great and we saw so much sealife. If that is what you are looking for you won't be disappointed.

We were disappointed with the rooms, we were in a family room (6121). Family rooms are behind the main building and stretch back to the road. The room was very tired on arrival our sheets were stained and we had to get them changed. The air conditioning in the main room didn't cool and the air con in our bedroom was wedged up with paper. The curtains were falling down, the door didn't lock, the safe had run out of batteries and the bathroom had cockroachs. On the upside the staff were very friendly and tried to fix the problems. Unfortunately they tended to be patch jobs in a faulty towers fashion! For example they just jamed the patio door shut so we were unable to use it all week. The batteries in the safe were replaced with more flat batteries.

Rooms are in need of updating and it seems that it is underway. So be warned at the moment (sept 2012) the sea view rooms are being updated. They have closed one side and boarded them up. AVOID THIS HOTEL IF YOU WANT A POOL HOLIDAY the construction is right beside the pool and all day there are power tools on the go.

The up side of the construction is that the hotel is half empty and therefore the beach is not over crowded. If you are planning to have a beach holiday and snorkel you will have a good time but go prepared for a mixed experience.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room. If you have a family room ask for one closer to the main building. It is a...
12 Thank Chillipepperlou
Amro G, Manager at Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence, responded to this review, February 20, 2017
Dear Guests,

thank you for choosing jaz fanara resort to [spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback.
Our whole team is extremely committed to delivering the perfect holiday experience for each and every guest. We are very sorry that we didn't accomplish this for you. We welcome any suggestions for improving and developing our service. Please contact me by e-mail fo@jazfanara.com in order to discuss your impressions in more detail.
Thank you, once more, for your visit to our hotel. We would also like to apologize again for not fulfilling your expectations.
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Front office manager
Bucks
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Fanara from the 3rd of September till the 17th and we cannot wait to go back!! It was our first time in Egypt and we had a wonderful time, the hotel is brilliant and I would highly recommend staying there.
The staff at the hotel are by far the kindest and most helpful people I have ever come across, nothing is too much trouble for them and they are always willing to give you advice about trips and areas to visit. I cannot praise the staff enough, especially Hassan (barman), he is a lovely man and works so hard, he never let me be without a drink! Unfortunately some of the guests at the hotel (mostly Russians...) do not treat the staff well enough which was very annoying.
The food and drink at the hotel was brilliant, we never got bored of the food and i would highly recommend trying the Italian restaurant, its set further away from the main complex which is nice as its a lot quieter and the food is outstanding!
We spent a lot of time snorkeling which was simply incredible, you can go on snorkeling tours every morning with staff from the dive centre, this way you get to see some amazing fish and the staff will tell you what they are...and its free!
I would advise being careful when booking any excursions (nothing to do with the hotel, you book them with a separate company). We went quad biking which was awesome but if you go make sure you take some sunglasses and a towel as the engine can burn your legs...we didn't know this and wish we'd taken them! Also drink plenty of water...you're in the desert for 2 hours and its VERY hot! We went on a trip to Cairo to see the pyramids, they told us it was 6 hours each way on the coach, it turned out to be 9 hours. The best trip we went on was the Bedouin Dinner and star gazing, it was organized perfectly and was an incredible evening!
Like most people who visit Egypt, we ended up with pretty dodgy stomachs and were quite concerned about it however we spoke to the hotel staff and they ordered us some medicine which completely sorted us out! Just ask on the reception and they will get you a pack of 24 tablets for 10 Egyptian pounds (about £1) was a big relief!
We used quite a few things offered from the hotel, we each had a massage, my girlfriend had her toe nails done and a face mask, we had lots of photographs taken of us and we went to the Shisha bar a fair few times! It was all brilliant!
All in all i would recommend the hotel to anyone and really cannot wait to go back!

3 Thank Daannnn

cheshire uk
Reviewed September 14, 2012

just got back from a week at iberotel club fanara & residence,,what can i say it was the most amazing holiday ive ever had,i was weary about going egypt but going to this hotel put my mind at rest,it was clean the food was lovely,and the staff were amazing will do anything for you,while i was there i had a lovely facial would recommend it to any1,and my husband had a massage which he loved it too,the complex is huge it had 3 different places to eat,had 4 swimming pools then just a walk to the beach,went on a glass bottom boat trip which was brill,hotel organised it all for us,didnt think much o naama bay.but didnt matter at all,wont be going anywhere else cant wait to go back next year now,oh our room was lovely

Room Tip: we had the superior room which is right by everything,bit more expensive but well worth it
4 Thank joanne531

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed at the Iberotel Club Fanara from the 27th July to the 10th August and loved it.
There are good and bad points about Sharm El Sheikh, but the hotel was great.
I would really recommend doing the excursions (quad biking, camel riding etc), they were the funnest part of the holiday. You should book them through the reps that walk around the hotel pool area (they do get really annoying when your trying to relax and their constantly trying to sell you something). For each excursion, they pick you up from the hotel and deliver you back afterwards.

Naama bay is horrid, I would never ever visit this area again, the people were rude and almost violent. I would strongly recommend you avoid the area, and don't think about taking a step into a shop unless you are willing to hand over money, because they won't take no for an answer. I had my life threatened when I said no, nice hospitality!
But this shouldn't paint a bad picture on the hotel at all! Just stick to the resort or to the excursions booked through the hotel.
One bad thing about the hotel...the massage people are sleazy and creepy, I'd avoid them and have a massage at home!
The Italian restaurant in the hotel was amazing, they cooked the most tasty garlicy bolognese I've had in a while. You have to ask for extra garlic and cheese, and it tastes epic!!

Hope this review helped! If anyone has any questions, you can ask me on twitter at @tom_bourlet

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple