“Phenomenal Wedding Day ”

Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #3 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Phenomenal Wedding Day ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

I have been putting off this review for 3 months due to not believing I can explain in words how exception our stay here was. Alas, I still feel I have writers block but thought it unfair to not review on this basis.

We decided to get married at the four seasons after visiting many MANY hotels in Sharm. From the moment we arrived on our first visit we felt completely at home and absolutely the place we wanted to cement our relationship.

Mohammed Abel Aziz was absolutely phenomenal from start to finish. We live in the UK but Mohamed ensured that we were kept up to date on a very regular basis on our options for menus and everything else required for our day.

When I arrived the morning of our wedding day I was greeted by the GM, food and beverage manager and Mohamed and a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I was then taken to my suite with my mother and maid of honour and made to feel completely and utterly like a princess. Nothing was to much trouble. No matter what we requested it was delivered within 10 minutes - newspaper, food, drinks etc.

The suite itself was amazing. Separate living room with balcony, TV, Bose docking system, seating area, eating area, bathroom and coat room. The bedroom had a walk in closet and be suite (stunning) with a separate door through the bathroom to the balcony. Further the bedroom also contained a TV and the most comfortable bed I have ever ever slept in. So much so we are currently trying to purchase this exact mattress and bed for our martial home!

The staff could not do enough, always smiling and willing to help out in anyway possible.

The food and beverage manager (so so sorry but after 3 months his name escapes me - Swiss gentlemen) was excellent - ensured everything was running to plan, not intrusive and picked his moments to ensure this perfectly. Upon arrival at our reception I mentioned I was thrifty, my mother asked if I would like water to which I jokingly replied no vodka straight will do. F&B manager asked me if I would like this as it could be arranged immediately - fantastic!!!!!!

The food itself - well what can I say! Anytime we talk to any guests about out special day it's brought up as simply the best they have ever had!

The venue - we got married on the beach cliff - amazing. Nothing can compare. We had our reception on the lawn over looking the beach. Everyone who attended had stated how beautiful this was - over looking the Red Sea while we danced the night away what more could you want?!

Staff - excellent, no glass left empty, genuine concern over all guests and needs. Just excellent.

The resort is fantastically private - if you want to not mingle with others this is perfect. And if you do there are the bars and restaurants which allow you to interact - for us we wanted it to be exclusive to our occasion - and it was. The hotel is set across a large complex with golf buggies to take you around - perfect. Totally suitable to walk but if you want that extra luxury might as well make use of it! There is also a tram which runs from the reception to the beach - great fun!

After our wedding we arrived back to our room absolutely exhausted and hungry - amazed to find a chef just leaving the room having cooked us a steak and grilled veg, separate wedding cake and a starter of mozerlla and basil with pesto - EXACTLY what we needed and absolutely perfect! My husband and myself don't eat fish of any variety and this was ensured to be catered for throughout.

My only tiny quarm is the spa / hairdresser. Expensive and also not entirely reliable - my make up artist was 2 hours late therefore delaying the ceremony for 2 hours and thus unable to get the professional photos as sunset as we wanted. The following day we arranged to meet with the manager who agreed this was unacceptable and that a make up artist would attend to re do my make up so we could take pictures on the beach as originally planned - however would have loved for this to be on the day. Please don't let this put you off - it wasn't the hotels fault by any stretch just bad luck due to make up artist and Egyptain timing!

I can't recommend this four seasons enough - we will be returning without a doubt! Thank you Mohammed for making our wedding so perfect (one of my most favourite pictures from the day is Mohammed sorting out my dress as I begin to walk down the aisle - that is dedication and commitment!!!!)

I can't finish the review without recommending CREME our wedding planners. If you have any events make sure to use these guys - took every thing we wanted and made it a dream come true! Everything was brought down from Cairo to meet our needs - Tamir and Sara the best people you could ever ever want in charge of such a special occasion.

Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!!! Can't say enough, you made it perfect.

Rachel and Michael (3 Oct 2013 wedding)

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
FSSharm, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Mrs. Rachel and Mr. Michael

Please allow me to thank you for taking the time to send us your comments after your recent visit to our Resort. The feedback and comments that we receive from our guests are invaluable to us as they form part of our ongoing training and assist us in refining our services.

We are delighted to see that you were very pleased and satisfied with our facilities and services and have, indeed, thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I have shared your compliments with all our staff who are very proud that their efforts and work were recognized and appreciated, especially Mr. Mohamed Abdel Aziz and Mr. Adrian Messerli, our Director of Food and Beverage.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh, hopefully for the celebration of your first wedding anniversary, please do not hesitate to contact either myself or the Executive Office Assistant, Mrs. Nathalie Renaud, whose email address is Nathalie.renaud@fourseasons.com to make a future reservation.

Sincerely yours,

Maria Jagla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

This hotel was beautiful. The service was exceptional but unfortunately it's beach is not the best of Sharm El Sheik. We have visited sharm many times and though the hotel is great, you can find better beaches. It goes without saying that it is $$$$$$

Room Tip: We liked having a room on the upper level because you get a much better view of the ocean. Rooms ar...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Mezzat69
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

One of the best hotels in Sharm el sheikh, but it is more for family than friends, if you want a place for relaxing i believe this is the one, there are no animation team or activites on beach, staff there are always smiling and very good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ahmed_Adel88
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

This is the feedback of my 2.5 years old Sofia regarding four season experience in sharm.
My comment as an expert in customer experience management is that the secret of their exceptional quality of service are all their people at any level, the so called " front end factor".
Every one smiles , every one is extremely kind and attentive and try to make your staying "spectacular".
A special thank you to Nazmi, the super star of concierge.
We will came back.

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank aterri
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is our 4th stay here and I always say I will write a review when I get home and never do! So I am writing this sat on my terrace after a full day of sunbathing and being SO well looked after, the staff cannot do enough for you and they know your name and remember it. The service here is better than any hotel I have stayed in and I am very well travelled. What I want to say is please travel to Sharm, do not be put off by the troubles in Egypt these guys need you to visit. I feel totally relaxed here I love it. The New Years Eve Gala Celebration was fantastic, out of this world and when we returned to our room after we had seen in the New Year they had left a clock made of chocolate and macaroons to see in the new year, so special, attention to detail is key. From management to the gardeners they all have the same focus to make your holiday most special and boy do they do that. A big thank you to you all. We will keep coming back and I hope this review makes more people visit The Four Season, you will be hooked and keep coming back!

Room Tip: Room 142 is a great location
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Sharon M
Hanau, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Very personal service, Dedicated staff anticipating your needs. Every detail is being taken care of.in a perfect way. Excellent location. Large comfortable tastefully decorated and clean rooms. Really excellent.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Rudolph W
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

The hotel grounds are like an oasis. We had a 2 bedroom suite with a sea view, which was expensive - look out for the free upgrades if you can from 1 to 2 beds to help with the price. Views amazing. The suites are spread around the grounds in small low buildings which are beautifully built to suit the local style.

Everything as it should be in a 5star hotel and especially a Four Seasons. A wide variety of restaurants - only thing to watch is the price of the wine which is expensive.

We stayed 27 dec to 3 jean, which is coldest time of the year and it was between 23 and 26c each day and mostly blue skies, with the odd cloud here and there. Pools are heated to 29c which is good.

This is the only hotel I have ever seen with its own miniature funicular railway from the pool by the beach back up to the main hotel building ! Fun but slightly slower than walking up the steps !

Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Room 819 is upstairs and has good sea view over the garden.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family