1,821 results
All reviewsreef grillil frantoiowaha restaurantkids clubitalian restaurantdive centresoho squarebeach stafffishfantastic hotelprivate beachtiran islandpastaarabesquefsdivingsharm
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We've stayed 7 nights in this wonderful resort! As you can see in most of the other reviews, this is for sure the best resort in Sharm!

+ complimentary airport transfers with top notch service (cold towels, bottle of water etc), it's really worth to pay the supplement for the VIP service upon arrival (+/- 40 USD per couple)
+ very nice gardens, wonderful and peaceful property,
+ luxurious and very spacious rooms, all televisions have now been replaced by huge LG lcds and dvd player
+ top italian restaurant! We only had dinner their the last evening :( It's really worth the money and the food is just perfect! Fish market and the Lebanese specialities in the main restaurant are fantastic too.
+ top service, also at the pool (during the day they bring you a small smoothie, some fruits, a cold towel etc,

- as this is a Four Seasons property and sold on bed&breakfast basis, extras (F&B) are very expensive especially the minibar aminities!
- wifi was free of charge during my stay (september 2012), but I've heard that now it's charged
- the special themed nights (e.g. bedouine dinner on the beach) are very expensive and in my opinion not worth the money
- they should also provide free complimentary (still) water, especially during the hottest months around the pool

So overal, the best resort you can find in Sharm El Sheikh with top notch kitchen, spacious rooms, nice pools & personalised service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This was our second visit to the Four Seasons hotel, the first one being 3 years ago.
Getting through immigration and transferring from the airport to the hotel was surprisingly speedy and smooth due to the new terminal which easyJet fly into.
The service cannot be faulted and the attention to detail is impressive, however we were a little underwhelmed with certain things.
The first morning we went for breakfast I was disappointed with the selection of fresh fruit and the general presentation of the buffet which had previously had a real ' Wow' factor.
The Waha restaurant was closed for most of our holiday week so we lunched at the Reef Grill. The menu was dull and the standard of the food average.
We had dinner at the main restaurant, the Sails restaurant and the Italian restaurant and the experience was sadly disappointing.
The hotel is very quiet at the moment due to the political unrest in Egypt and it shows. It seems like they have cut back on the selection and quality of food but unfortunately this is not reflected in the pricing.
The pool bar was closed and the beach bar under stocked. I think in these quiet times they should be concentrating on creating the very best ambience for the guests that they do have rather than using the time to carry out maintenance works.
After having said all of this we had a good holiday and the staff are all really helpful and friendly.
Our girls wanted to borrow a particular dvd which had already been loaned out and the reception couldn't locate it. Three days later when the girls had forgotten about it the very helpful gentleman who's name escapes me delivered a copy that they had purchased especially. You would not get this level of service in many hotels and these seemingly small gestures are memorable.
I usually book our holidays independently but the whole time that takes is sometimes exhausting if you're busy with work so I used a company called holiday designers www.holiday-designers.com who I can thoroughly recommend. They are a small company who have first hand knowledge of the each resort and I couldn't fault their level of service. My experience with them reminded me of how we used to book our holiday's 10 years ago, by speaking to a human being. I will certainly use them again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank helen_tonner
FSSharm, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed our service and above all our hospitality.

Your comments are highly appreciated, and we will certainly take them into serious consideration.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was our Second Trip to the Four Season, and I can only say that that the service only got better. The hotel was run like professional "Family", from the warmth and friendliness of the Resort Manager Borja Manchado, to the dedication and attention from the Life Guard Mohamed. We will certainly be back, the food was great the service perfect and the Dive centre extremely professional. Yes the drinks are a little expensive, but no more than any other resort of this level, and you are not just paying for the drinks, it is the service,the attention to detail and the total friendliness of the whole experience. Today everyone thinks of cost, if you want total consistent and professional service the team at the Four Seasons Sharm El Sheikh delivery in addition the resort is beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ross062
FSSharm, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for such a vivid description and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and most of all the hospitality of our Staff.
Recognition is very important to us and we hope to always be up to your expectations!

We hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We booked on the family package which included 3 hours of a nanny per day which we used for our 15 month old son. I was a bit wary of the nanny service but both of the women we had were wonderful with our son and most importantly I trusted them. We started by having the nanny at night after our son was in bed in order to meet the nanny before considering having her during the day. This strategy worked well for us and allowed us to become comfortable with the nanny before deciding to introduce her to our son.

The room that we booked was a two bedroom two bath suite with a little kitchenette. It had two patios and a small lawn in front. It was in the 800 block. It was spacious and well appointed. The kitchen area and living room were a bit dated but given the situation in Egypt I really can't fault the hotel for not upgrading until the country becomes more stable. When you drive into the hotel one very old "bomb sniffing" dog circles the car and is given a biscuit for his trouble. He is adorable and gives a sense of security without it feeling threatening. Unless of course you feel threatened by a geriatric golden retriever!

The staff were typical Four Seasons staff and they truly are a cut above the rest. The real difference is that they problem solve and appear empowered to act. It's not that problems don't arise it's that they actually fix them. They are also very friendly without being intrusive. They made a point of knowing our son's name. They were more than happy to make whatever we wanted for the baby even it wasn't on the menu so don't hesitate to ask. They had fried fish fingers and I asked if it possible to just have the fish steamed or grilled for our son and they had no problem doing so.

My husband enjoyed the diving and found the dive center to be professional and experienced. The house reef is literally just off the beach and allows children a good opportunity to snorkle and see some amazing fish as it has a wall that is stunning. The only real downside for me is the lack of sandy beach. You cannot walk into the water and go for a swim. You must walk to the end of a pier and jump into very deep water (beyond the wall). It must have been at least 5 meters maybe more? This means no swimming in the sea if you have toddlers or babies which is a real shame. Its the only reason I would try a different resort next time.

This is not a good resort for those who have trouble getting around either. Although they are more than happy to pick you up in a golf cart and showed up each time promptly it just isn't set up for those with mobility difficulties as it's set into the side of a hill and there's only so much they can do.

The spa was...strange and really out of character for a Four Seasons. They really do need to fix the spa. It was not up to Four Seasons standards. It was expensive and not 5star or even 4 really. The entrance to the spa is shared with the gym so you are greeted with thumping middle eastern rap music was you enter. Not ideal. When I check in they simply opened the door and pointed down a long corridor. I went to the end and took a seat expecting someone to show me around, give me a robe etc. Well, no one came until 5 minutes past my appointment time when the therapist appeared and asked why I hadn't changed into a robe. That would be because no one gave me one. Now it's not the end of the world but what you want is to relax at a spa not feel like you need to sort out what is going on. This is basic spa service. I had a full body exfoliation followed by a massage. After the exfoliation she just stood there and watched me shower? It was just bizarre. Usually they leave the room and wait for you to get back on the table. The massage itself was average. It wasn't restful and although I'm usually happily found in the spa for most of my holiday I didn't go back for further treatments.

The food was good and the wine was okay but very expensive for what it was. The setup for a family really was perfect and we will most likely return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank SaltyDog79
FSSharm, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor.

Your comments are highly appreciated and we will make sure to communicate them with our team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed July 15, 2013

On a fourth visit to the Four Seasons Sharm I've sadly been left underwhelmed and somewhat disappointed. With so many excellent reviews still being posted, maybe this is only apparent if like me you've visited on and off over many years, or maybe it's me that has changed. I found the breathtaking impact of the beautiful setting no longer masking deficiencies in other areas. My rating of 3 reflects the gap between expectations and reality for what should be a world class resort. Maybe I was just unlucky. It's a shame as this used to be my favourite hotel.

In a nutshell:

The resort still looks amazing, the landscaping and gardens are unbeatable and the way the resort villas are positioned on a hill sloping down towards the Red Sea is wonderful.
The evening lighting of the resort and restaurants is both beautiful and subtle
The rooms are serviced so unobtrusively and the room quality remains almost excellent, ice and towels are replaced in the room twice a day. Housekeeping is very good, L'Occitane bath and shower products remain a nice touch.
The AC always keeps the room at the right temperature without being noticeable
The gym is great, with natural light, towels and cool water always to hand
The scale of the resort means there's always a quiet pool or garden to relax in
Some staff members are excellent
The reverse osmosis system means there's no worry about water quality in the hotel

However:

Whilst there were notable exceptions, the attitude of many staff felt more grudging that it once did. There was little evidence of anticipation of needs or special touches, though they may well still excel with children. I think this is longer term issue, more to do with management rather than individual staff members or the recent Egyptian unrest for which I empathise with staff who have families in Cairo and elsewhere.
Food is also more variable than it used to be. Some options such as the Italian restaurant were excellent. The Thai food at 'Sails' on the beach was very disappointing, it lacked key Thai ingredients and was poorly cooked. Only once in a week do I recall being asked how my meal was and whether I enjoyed it. Whilst not a vegetarian myself, non-meat options on certain menus seemed either missing or an afterthought.
WIFI is £15 a day for up to 3 devices - it is very good across the resort but should be free
Alcohol pricing is designed to be prohibitive - a small beer costs around £8 and the cheapest glass of Egyptian wine £10. I suggest walking over to 'Soho Square' next to the Savoy Hotel (10 mins walk to the right at the traffic bollards) to use your duty free allowance at the Egyptair shop within 48 hours of the start of your holiday! (remember your passport) Also bring a decent bottle of wine or two in your cases.
Tea and coffee facilities in the room are now poor. There used to be good filter coffee machines provided. The in-room coffee is now basic and rough, the tea is yellow label - no decaf options were supplied without special request.

Since the 'Royal Savoy' wing of the Savoy hotel is now second on tripadvisor and only 10 mins walk down the road I went to have a look. Comparing the two hotels is like comparing chalk and cheese though. Whilst the Four Seasons resort tumbles beautifully down a hillside to the sea, the Savoy is a more traditional hotel by design. The Royal Savoy environment was seemingly less refined, more friendly, more 'real' and potentially better value.

This is probably my last stay here, which is a shame. I hope the hotel regains what made is so special in the first place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
15  Thank Sofarsogood2

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We would appreciate it if you could give us more details about your stay, hoping to always be up to your expectations during your next visits.

Please contact me personally at email : Borja.manchado@fourseasons.com, we will be more than happy to hear from you.