$131
$129
$118
Official Hotel
  • Pool
Diamond Beach Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$309
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh(Sharm El Sheikh)
$186
$233
$91
$81
$109
Priceline
1,799 results
All reviewsreef grillil frantoiowaha restaurantkids clubitalian restaurantdive centresoho squarebeach stafffishfantastic hotelprivate beachtiran islandpastaarabesquefsdivingsharm
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We booked on the family package which included 3 hours of a nanny per day which we used for our 15 month old son. I was a bit wary of the nanny service but both of the women we had were wonderful with our son and most importantly I trusted them. We started by having the nanny at night after our son was in bed in order to meet the nanny before considering having her during the day. This strategy worked well for us and allowed us to become comfortable with the nanny before deciding to introduce her to our son.

The room that we booked was a two bedroom two bath suite with a little kitchenette. It had two patios and a small lawn in front. It was in the 800 block. It was spacious and well appointed. The kitchen area and living room were a bit dated but given the situation in Egypt I really can't fault the hotel for not upgrading until the country becomes more stable. When you drive into the hotel one very old "bomb sniffing" dog circles the car and is given a biscuit for his trouble. He is adorable and gives a sense of security without it feeling threatening. Unless of course you feel threatened by a geriatric golden retriever!

The staff were typical Four Seasons staff and they truly are a cut above the rest. The real difference is that they problem solve and appear empowered to act. It's not that problems don't arise it's that they actually fix them. They are also very friendly without being intrusive. They made a point of knowing our son's name. They were more than happy to make whatever we wanted for the baby even it wasn't on the menu so don't hesitate to ask. They had fried fish fingers and I asked if it possible to just have the fish steamed or grilled for our son and they had no problem doing so.

My husband enjoyed the diving and found the dive center to be professional and experienced. The house reef is literally just off the beach and allows children a good opportunity to snorkle and see some amazing fish as it has a wall that is stunning. The only real downside for me is the lack of sandy beach. You cannot walk into the water and go for a swim. You must walk to the end of a pier and jump into very deep water (beyond the wall). It must have been at least 5 meters maybe more? This means no swimming in the sea if you have toddlers or babies which is a real shame. Its the only reason I would try a different resort next time.

This is not a good resort for those who have trouble getting around either. Although they are more than happy to pick you up in a golf cart and showed up each time promptly it just isn't set up for those with mobility difficulties as it's set into the side of a hill and there's only so much they can do.

The spa was...strange and really out of character for a Four Seasons. They really do need to fix the spa. It was not up to Four Seasons standards. It was expensive and not 5star or even 4 really. The entrance to the spa is shared with the gym so you are greeted with thumping middle eastern rap music was you enter. Not ideal. When I check in they simply opened the door and pointed down a long corridor. I went to the end and took a seat expecting someone to show me around, give me a robe etc. Well, no one came until 5 minutes past my appointment time when the therapist appeared and asked why I hadn't changed into a robe. That would be because no one gave me one. Now it's not the end of the world but what you want is to relax at a spa not feel like you need to sort out what is going on. This is basic spa service. I had a full body exfoliation followed by a massage. After the exfoliation she just stood there and watched me shower? It was just bizarre. Usually they leave the room and wait for you to get back on the table. The massage itself was average. It wasn't restful and although I'm usually happily found in the spa for most of my holiday I didn't go back for further treatments.

The food was good and the wine was okay but very expensive for what it was. The setup for a family really was perfect and we will most likely return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank SaltyDog79
FSSharm, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor.

Your comments are highly appreciated and we will make sure to communicate them with our team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed July 15, 2013

On a fourth visit to the Four Seasons Sharm I've sadly been left underwhelmed and somewhat disappointed. With so many excellent reviews still being posted, maybe this is only apparent if like me you've visited on and off over many years, or maybe it's me that has changed. I found the breathtaking impact of the beautiful setting no longer masking deficiencies in other areas. My rating of 3 reflects the gap between expectations and reality for what should be a world class resort. Maybe I was just unlucky. It's a shame as this used to be my favourite hotel.

In a nutshell:

The resort still looks amazing, the landscaping and gardens are unbeatable and the way the resort villas are positioned on a hill sloping down towards the Red Sea is wonderful.
The evening lighting of the resort and restaurants is both beautiful and subtle
The rooms are serviced so unobtrusively and the room quality remains almost excellent, ice and towels are replaced in the room twice a day. Housekeeping is very good, L'Occitane bath and shower products remain a nice touch.
The AC always keeps the room at the right temperature without being noticeable
The gym is great, with natural light, towels and cool water always to hand
The scale of the resort means there's always a quiet pool or garden to relax in
Some staff members are excellent
The reverse osmosis system means there's no worry about water quality in the hotel

However:

Whilst there were notable exceptions, the attitude of many staff felt more grudging that it once did. There was little evidence of anticipation of needs or special touches, though they may well still excel with children. I think this is longer term issue, more to do with management rather than individual staff members or the recent Egyptian unrest for which I empathise with staff who have families in Cairo and elsewhere.
Food is also more variable than it used to be. Some options such as the Italian restaurant were excellent. The Thai food at 'Sails' on the beach was very disappointing, it lacked key Thai ingredients and was poorly cooked. Only once in a week do I recall being asked how my meal was and whether I enjoyed it. Whilst not a vegetarian myself, non-meat options on certain menus seemed either missing or an afterthought.
WIFI is £15 a day for up to 3 devices - it is very good across the resort but should be free
Alcohol pricing is designed to be prohibitive - a small beer costs around £8 and the cheapest glass of Egyptian wine £10. I suggest walking over to 'Soho Square' next to the Savoy Hotel (10 mins walk to the right at the traffic bollards) to use your duty free allowance at the Egyptair shop within 48 hours of the start of your holiday! (remember your passport) Also bring a decent bottle of wine or two in your cases.
Tea and coffee facilities in the room are now poor. There used to be good filter coffee machines provided. The in-room coffee is now basic and rough, the tea is yellow label - no decaf options were supplied without special request.

Since the 'Royal Savoy' wing of the Savoy hotel is now second on tripadvisor and only 10 mins walk down the road I went to have a look. Comparing the two hotels is like comparing chalk and cheese though. Whilst the Four Seasons resort tumbles beautifully down a hillside to the sea, the Savoy is a more traditional hotel by design. The Royal Savoy environment was seemingly less refined, more friendly, more 'real' and potentially better value.

This is probably my last stay here, which is a shame. I hope the hotel regains what made is so special in the first place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
15  Thank Sofarsogood2
FSSharm, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We would appreciate it if you could give us more details about your stay, hoping to always be up to your expectations during your next visits.

Please contact me personally at email : Borja.manchado@fourseasons.com, we will be more than happy to hear from you.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Best resort .. In Sharm. Highly recommended .. Private beach friendly staff .. Location is ok need taxi to Nama bay (50 pound) and the hotel provide free airport transportation. (10 minutes from airport)

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Fahad A

Thank you for taking the time to write such an amazing review about your experience at the Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh.
we are delighted to know that you enjoyed our Rooms, Gardens, location and most of all the hospitality of our Staff.
Recognition is very important to us, as there is nothing more rewarding than a positive comment from a happy guest!
We hope to see you again soon at Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Everything was perfect, amazing hotel and room, nothing was too much trouble for the staff. A very relaxing hotel with great views and good food. The resort is on a hill - so not ideal for older people.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kerrie1lh
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Hotel is absoloutely amazing, Like paradise. Staff Polite attentive and very friendly. Room was Lovely, constantly cleaned. Would highly recommend to anyone wanting a bit of pampering and peace and quiet. Only thing letting it down is the price of the food. If they sort that out it will be Perfect.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple