“Truly a world class hotel”

Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #3 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have now stayed at the Four Seasons Sharm on three occasions. Having travelled extensively throughout Asia, the Middle East, the US and Europe; if I was to name my favourite hotel it would be this one. Service is excellent, the rooms splendid, the pools enticing, the gym well equipped, the view beautiful and the sunshine constant! When I can afford it I will return.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sofarsogood2
FSSharm, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Stay connected with us on Facebook & Twitter too!

Sebastien Carre

Write a ReviewReviews (1,728)

Reviewed January 6, 2013

There is no doubt that the four seasons is one of the classiest and most prestigious hotels worldwide. Its well known for being a bit too pricey but it really does pay off. The service is just magnificent. You will be treated like royalty. I don't know about the location though. I find Hyatt's location to be MUCH better.The pool is great, and the beach is very nice. They carry out many water activities. The views are magical. I had a seaview suite connected to a premiere room. It was amazing and their spa is indescribably amazing it is just over the top! and again, the service is wonderful. All aside, the one thing I just cannot get over is their Italian chef. I am a world traveler and I would say their chefs are from the best! The food is just exquisite!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank SamiraAH
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is our 2nd time to this hotel and it was just a fabulous as the first time.! we stayed for 2 weeks with our adult children over xmas & New Year. From the minute you arrive along the pretty tree lined driveway you know it is going to be good. The reception staff were all courteous and quick in dealing with check-in. We booked a deluxe room and a premier room, but as the hotel was quiet (due to people being put off by the trouble in Cairo) they upgraded the deluxe room to premier. these rooms are all the same size, but they have a sea view which is lovely.
We had only been there 2 days when my husband had been badly bitten by mosquitos, he had about 70-80 bites, but he gets a reaction to them. On leaving breakfast the manager asked how we were and i explained my husbands problem. He told me to leave it with him and he will sort it out. Within an hour, we had a call saying they were getting their tailor to make a mosquito net to cover the whole bed in our room , as it was whilst he was sleeping the few mossies that were about were feasting on him!! sure enough, an hour later we had the custom made net and my husband got bitten no more! Its not that there is a problem there with mosquitos, but it only takes a few, and they found him very tasty. Its this sort of service that makes the Four Seasons the best.
The food is excellent and we especially like the new addition of Sails, by the sea, for breakfast and Asian lunch,
We did miss having the Indian restaurant there, and when we mentioned it, again this was not a problem. whilst sitting by the beach, the manager brought over the chef and he took our order of what we would like for our Indian meal the next evening!! where else would they do that! We are very normal people that like good hotels, but they treat everyone very special , like VIP's at FS.
There are 3 lunch time venues, and its never a problem if you eat in one restaurant to order off of one of the other restaurant menus. This worked well for us as with 5 people we couldnt always agree where to eat.
The daily treats to the rooms each day fabulous, from warm pastries, chocolate xmas tree, canapes, fruit, and a chocolate clock on new years eve it was all delicious and exciting to see what we would receive next! Im not sure if this is done just over the xmas period, but i hope they do it all year round.
The spa is gorgeous and i went to a few classes which are complimentary which i enjoyed very much.
The beach staff are attentive and never let you move your chair by yourself. They also bring round nibbles of fruit, shots of juices or smoothies,cookies, and clean your sunglasses, ipads etc etc.
They laid on special evenings in each restaurant which made a change, and we believe when they extend the hotel and add a few more options for dining this would benefit greatly, as when there for 2 weeks it does get a bit repetative, and although you can go out to eat, and we tried once, its never going to be as good as FS.,so why bother!
The xmas festivities, carol singing was lovely and New Years Eve was well planned. The only low point was the music played, if they had played more hip music it would have kept people dancing for longer! not everyone likes blues and rock n roll./
All in all I would thoroughly recommend FS over and above anywhere else in Sharm, and will definately return in the near future .....

Room Tip: the sea rooms are lovely. Although the same size as the category below, they are lighter and better...
2  Thank sunseekerli123
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We have just returned from our second trip to the Four Seasons and as we expected, it was just as good as last time two years ago - you always worry about returning but when it's the Four Seasons you do not have to worry! No sharks this time (maybe a few residing in the hotel!) so no sea restrictions which made it even more special than last time - incredible marine life just off the jetty let alone out in the Ocean! I am pretty well travelled and this still remains my favourite hotel, the service from EVERYBODY is 1st class and the food in ALL the restaurant outlets is superb, my personal favourites are the Reef (where we had dinner on Christmas Day) and the Waha Restaurant. It's not cheap but you get what you pay for which can't be said about the Abama (Tenerife) where we stayed this summer (very similar pricing). The activities / parties arranged for the children on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Years Eve were excellent and very well organised (Santa arrived on a speedboat again). We will definitely return possibly for a long weekend. My only slight criticisms are that the WIFI is quite expensive at £15 per day (up to 3 devices) and as you receive complimentary water in the room, I think it should be complimentary throughout the resort.

Room Tip: Recommend the Ocean View Rooms, we had Room 110 which had a stunning view for sunrise in the morning...
2  Thank Mark K
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Everything about the hotel oozed class. We were met at the airport and taken by limousine to the hotel where a welcome drink was waiting for us. We were then taken by cart to our villa which was almost perfect.
The service was top notch and every request we made to either the General Manager or the Entertainment Manager was adhered to. The children had a great time in the kids club even though our youngest was only 2 years old. A babysitter was on hand to look after him and he thoroughly enjoyed himself.

We enjoyed the little touches such as toys on the beach for children to play with, fruit and water being delivered to the villa etc.

The breakfast buffet was good but often there was a queue for the fresh fruit and the chef making eggs did not understand English particularly well which lead to some confusion.

The buffet at the Italian restaurant was okay but there could have been more choice for main courses and definitely some more vegetables on offer.

The buffet at the Arabesque was superb.

The only complaint we had was that the water temperature in our private pool was too hot and the temperature in the hot tub too cold. Also there were some light bulbs missing and some loose door handles. However, these issues were swiftly dealt with and did not detract from an excellent holiday.

1  Thank Shelbyville_9
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Four Seasons Sharm El Sheikh.

Not much more to add to the other reviews. If you are visiting Sharm, this is the hotel to stay at. We have always experience top notch service at FS properties and this was no different.

The breakfast buffet was always a delight and there was ample options for lunch and dinner. Prices were also normal for a FS property.

We went to Soho Square for dinner one night - I wouldn't recommend it. Its a better idea to have dinner at a Four Seasons restaurant and then walk over to Soho Square for some entertainment or shopping.

If we are ever back in the area, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I had intended to write this review a while ago but only realised I hadn't done so when I planned to book another holiday at the Four Seasons again this year. To be honest, everything that can be said about this fabulous resort has been said and I totally agree with all the positive comments. I have absolutely nothing negative to add, although a smaller bill would have been welcome! We stayed for 9 nights in August 2012 during Ramadan and the start of Eid. Business was as usual. The first thing my husband said on arrival was, "I think this is going to be good". We were not disappointed in any respect. I have to say that the huge operation is very impressive. The staff are friendly, professional and knowledgable. They soon know your name and there was not a surly face to be seen. The restaurants were all first class and we dined in them all, several times. Our room was beautiful and the grounds were immaculate. I could go on and on but suffice to say that although the resort is rather large, they somehow manage to create a boutique hotel feel. I know having spoken to other guests that a considerable number of them return year after year. I can see why. Children would also appear to be very well catered for.
I would also like to mention the fantastic dive center, Sinai Blues. I had attempted to achieve my Open Water Diver qualification in 2 other countries and this was my latest attempt. To be honest, attempting this in my late 50's I was petrified; however, my instructor Duncan was first class, I cannot praise him enough. He managed to survive the ordeal and I in turn managed to acquire my Scuba Diver qualification. I am now going back to try and achieve my original goal. The dive center is run like clock work by Valeria, the dive staff are brilliant and the diving in the area is beautiful. Try the one day boat trip to Ras Mohamed, it is well worth it. There is diving for every type of diver and I challenge anyone to be disappointed by anything the dive center and the area provides.
To conclude, this will be the only resort we are considering visiting twice. As you will have gathered from previous reviews, this is not a cheap hotel by any means but you do get everything you pay for and more. The final bill did make our eyes water a little but we loved the place so much that we never set foot outside the resort during our 10 day stay as we had everything we needed on site. That has to say something!! I hope this review will be useful to some of you.

Room Tip: The hotel is very spread out so make sure you ask about the location of the rooms. Noise levels can...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple