“Excellent stay”

Ranked #116 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Cairo
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

All what I hoped to find, I found here. I'm a doctor and I was seeking few days of relaxation and leisure. Everything here was more than what I hoped for. The staff was not only helpful and kind but so professional. My room which was so spacious with a spacious balcony with sea & pool view, offering a very romantic and relaxing atmosphere. The beach area was tempting and calling for those who seek peace and relaxation. For those who loke swimming, there is a certain bridge crossing the water t the end of which you can swim safely guarded by a safeguard. All people were friendly and cheerful. The restaurants offered very delicious food. I think this would be my place if I ever decide to visit Sharm again. By the way my room was in the main building and not in the resort, and this I recommend strongly. Finally, I wish to thank all the staff who saved neither effort nor time to make my stay agreable and comfortable especially MR. Amin Ibrahim at the front desk.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sherif S
Sheratonsharm2, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Sherif S,
Your will pass your comments to our associates who went extra miles to satisfy you we are glad to pass your comments to Mr. Amin Ibrahim for his efforts.

Best Regards
The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2013

we visited the sheraton in march 2012 for a week as it was not the holiday season there was very few guests the hotel had great staff who did whatever you wanted the locaition on the other hand was a bit dodgy the beach was terrible you had to walk down a wobby sandy pier to get to swimmable waters the food also was not very good i think it is because it is not a european hotel which is why i had a staple diet of bread the hotel itself i found confusing on the day we went home i still hadn't got the layout of the hotel nevertheless the entertainment was great

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank george_langan123
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I loved the hotel and the rooms were lovely. However, I didn't like the beach which is not sandy at all. You have to go to the peer to be able to go in the water and this was bothering me slightly. The hotel is awesome and the location is great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank papachoum
Sheratonsharm2, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear papachoum,
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your good comments about our rooms and are glad you liked the spectacular sea and pool views rooms.
We are sorry to hear that you didn’t like our coral beach whish has a great marine life. Although we have a very small sandy bays on the beach.
We hope to see you again in the future in our property or any Starwood hotels worldwide.

Do not hesitate to contact us in the future if we can be of any assistant with another stay.

Best Regards
The Mangement
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We returned from Sheraton Sharm on 15th of August (stayed for 11 nights). This was our second visit to Sheraton Sharm. We stayed at the Main Building, and my comments are related to this part of the hotel only, since the Resort area with its own restaurant has 4 stars as graded by our tour operator, and I do not know any details about it.
First of all, I should say we had a lllovely holiday (again!) thanks to the impeccable Sheraton staff. Some people at Sheraton were more friendly and eager to help, some of them were less helpful, but we never encountered any impolite, unprofessional or offhanded attitude at this hotel. I do not know how they train their staff but they have, no doubt, succeeded in it! This was my fifteenth visit to Egypt, and each time at every hotel (and I have never stayed at anything that is not five stars in Egypt) there were some guys who showed obvious disrespect to guests and I could not understand why they had not been fired on the spot. This hotel IS different! Congratulations!
As compared to our first visit in 2010, we have noticed that a couple of bars were closed, as well as the villas’ restaurant (not the Nefertiti one), which was a nice supplementary option to the White Cruiser restaurant. Of course, in the context of the current situation in Egypt and low business activity this is reasonable and can be understood. This is just a nostalgic remark. I am sure the bars and the restaurant will be reopened as soon as the tourist flow restores.
By the way, we have not experienced any inconveniences related to the political turmoil in Cairo. We felt quite safe. We should bear in mind that Cairo is about 500 km away from Sharm, and they try their best to keep situation in the resorts region calm and safe. And despite the closed bars, there were no queues in the remaining bars. So, in this regard, everything was OK.
We stayed in the left wing of the Main Building (if you look at the beach) on the 5th floor and it was really quiet there. We were never awakened by anything from outside during our stay. And this is another plus at this hotel as compared to other hotels in Egypt. Our room had a cheerful white-and-blue décor (it is white-and-light green in rooms with even numbers) which I liked very much. And the sea view was just spectacular!!! I really miss it.
I would like to specifically mention the Sheraton people who tried their best to make our stay comfortable.
We spent a lot of time on the beach near the Palms Bar. The first barman to greet us there was Waseem Estfanoues (I hope I spell his last name correctly). This is a special guy. I want to say that this is the sort of people the Sheraton brand in Egypt is based on. Most beach barmen I met were nice but simple people. Waseem is not just a nice guy but also a highly professional bartender. My wife had her birthday during our stay at Sheraton. On that day, while sitting at the Palms bar and enjoying the sea view, we had an impromptu desire to make colors even more vivid and drink some champagne, a bottle of which I had in the fridge in our room. I told Waseem about this. When I came back with the champagne, Waseem produced a champagne bucket and two ice-cold glasses (not plastic, real Champagne flute!). This would be normal if happened in the lobby bar but there, on the beach, in a small bar – we were impressed and grateful to him. This is only one illustrative episode. I also noticed Waseem was busy in purchasing and delivering supplies to beach bars on a vehicle. No doubt, he is a valuable multi-purpose asset for Sheraton. I think he deserves some sort of promotion. Sure, he can share his knowledge with other barmen and manage them.
Another wonderful guy we met at the Palms bar was Hossam Eldin. My understanding is that he studies at a University in Alexandria and earns extra money during summer time. It was always nice to see him – a smart-looking, happy, smiling face – a good addition to professional and friendly service. He is learning languages. Almost every time we saw him, he greeted us with a phrase in our language he just learned. We were moved. Keep up the good work, Hossam!
In the Hugo’s bar, which is the central beach bar, we were always happy to see Nabil Mohamed, Senior Captain. This is another professional I would like to mention. Even in situations when many people wanted to drink something at the same time (for example, after an animation event), Nabil effectively managed barmen so that people could get what they wanted without standing in a long queue. He always found time to instruct barmen how to better serve guests. Taking account of the August heat, he managed to serve cold drinks all the time. He even found time to take away empty glasses from tables himself. He is a tireless employee and always with a smile on his face. When he had a minute, he would bring us drinks himself and we had a nice (brief) talk about something – he speaks excellent English. I think he works really hard and, of course, he would also be effective in a higher position. Anyway, I hope Sheraton will keep Nabil so that we can see him again when we come to Sheraton next time!
At the lobby bar, I would certainly distinguish Hossam Hamed. If you need high-class service, you can always rely on him. I saw him working both at the lobby bar and at the disco. I would say that the disco bar is the most difficult to work at. The disco atmosphere, naturally, prompts people to drink more. Many of them want their drinks as quickly as possible. Some of them, I would say, are quite drunk – this is the disco. So, a bartender at such a place, apart from doing everything quickly, also needs to be a diplomat. Hossam handled everything very effectively. This is another person I would like to see again when I return to Sheraton Sharm.
I would also add some compliments to the team from Philippines working at Sheraton Sharm – three guys and a girl. They were always eager to help and were very modest and polite. They added a certain charm to the Sheraton’s overall image, of course.
It would be unfair not to mention someone from the White Cruiser restaurant. Somehow, most often, our waiter was Ibrahim Nassef. We didn’t mind at all! He was a nice and polite guy who remembered our preferences and always greeted us when we entered the restaurant. I wouldn’t even think he was just a bus boy. Of course, he is ready to become a waiter. I don’t know what else he could do for us. We were happy to thank him with a tip but he put it in a box near the entrance to the restaurant’s hall – an honest guy!
Thank you, Sheraton Sharm! Hope to see you again!
Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple.

Room Tip: Rooms in the left wing of the Main Building (if you look at the beach) are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Idalg0
Dear Idalg0,
Thank you for posting your feedback on your recent stay at Sheraton Sharm. We were delighted to note that we have made a good impression on your second visit to our Hotel and that you are planning to visit us again.
Your kind comments were shared with the Executive Team as it is certainly gratifying when efforts are acknowledged by our guests.

Once again, we thank you for your positive review and look forward to the pleasure of counting you among our most loyal customers.

Kind regards,
Aleppo, Halab, Syria
Reviewed August 21, 2013

service great , staff at bars very friendly , the hotel overall clean and perfect for vacation and diving with snorkeling are the best in sharm ,
also that staff very helpful at reception and restaurants

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Firas M
Dear Firas M,
We were very pleased to learn about how much you have enjoyed your stay at Sheraton Sharm Resort and we would like to thank you for your generous and genuine description of our Hotel reflecting how impressed you were with the service you received. We cherish your confidence in our Hotel and we will do our utmost to continue to meet and exceed your expectations. Whilst we thank you once again, for your honest posting, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
Warm regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have just recently returned from Sharm after staying in the Sheraton for 12 nights. My partner and I were staying in the resort area but were welcomed by staff greatly and were able to visit and eat in both main restaurants. The food was excellent every day with lots of choice. The staff EVERYWHERE were brilliant, so friendly and happy. I can safely say they made my stay worthwhile. I was able to hold conversations with many staff members and all were friendly, courteous and very very caring. Staff were always happy to help you to make your stay better. Also visited the spa which was also fantastic and great value for money!! There are nearly 11 pools here and visited most and all were beautiful (especially cave pool) always found a sun bed too!!
Thank you very much Sheraton for a lovely holiday! I hope that people are not put off by visiting Egypt especially sharm el sheikh due to the trouble in Cairo as I never felt safer. The Egyptians are friendly caring people so please pray for them and visit them.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ashleigh H
Dear Ashleigh H,
Delighted to read your positive review on your recent stay at Sheraton Sharm. It is very rewarding to hear from happy clients and a great motivation to go even further in our endeavors to exceed their expectations. We thank you for choosing Sheraton Sharm while recently visiting Sharm El Sheikh. And look forward to the pleasure of being of service to you again soon.
Kind regards,
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed August 19, 2013

It was such a great idea to spend my honeymoon at Sheraton Sharm, everything was great, the staff was very helpful, the rooms were very clean as well the restaurants, I enjoyed sitting at the bar, I felt myself like home with the staff, the most amazing place for diving and snorkeling, the food was delicious, specially the breakfast, thanks to Mr. Toufaily for his efforts, It was my first visit, but won't be the last, thanks Sheraton sharm team.

Room Tip: main building room 509
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank N0ra99
Dear N0ra99,
Thank you for sharing your comments on tripadvisor after your recent stay at Sheraton Sharm Hotel.We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us specially with Honeymoon celebration.

It’s always our pleasure to see the names of our associates who went extra miles to satisfy our guest. We are glad to pass your comments to Mr. Hussein Toufeily

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in our hotel.

The management