I have to admit I didn't like Sharm El Sheik so my whole review is biased by that. Sharm El Sheik looks like a demilitarised war zone, with white concrete blocks plonked onto flattened earth mounds. It is built for tourism only so has no heart – just horrendous. However I had to go there for work, and so there I was in ugly concrete hot hell.
The hotel is fine, the staff are of mixed help, the front desk staff try to be as helpful as they can – although not always effectively. The waiting staff in the restaurant were all lovely and very kind and friendly. And then there were the guys who drove the golf trolleys around. I assumed that these were for the tourists to take them form lobby to rooms – as it is up to a 10 min walk to some of the far away rooms, and it was 40 degrees, however the guys who drove them seemed to always have their friends on board, they would never stop to carry you anywhere, and they parked in the few places in the shade – thereby making you walk in the sun.
The rooms were adequate, large and spacious – BUT HOT. It would take the a/c about 20 minutes to start to have any cooling effect, I would just sit in the shower until the room cooled down.
The food is a weird mix of European, but I don't think I saw any Egyptian food in the daily buffet – except one day they had Foul for breakfast.
It definitely isn't five star. I didn't pay – work did, so I don't know if it is value for money, however personally I wouldn’t pay more than £35 a night to stay there.
I would never go back to Sharm or the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 'The hotel occupies a prime location right in the centre of Sharm el Sheikh on Naama Bay’s promenade and sandy beaches of the Red Sea, offering 396 rooms including 23 suites, in 42 bungalows. All rooms are equipped with balcony or terrace, bathroom/WC, hairdryer, climate control, minibar, safe, telephone and Satellite TV. The cosy standard rooms are located in the Sport Area, which is around 300 metres from the main building and 700 metres from the beach. The comfort rooms are situated at the Palm Area, located beside the main reception area. 50 to 500 metres from the beach is the Preferred Front Area where the elegant superior rooms are situated. Gastronomic facilities feature 9 restaurants and bars covering a broad spectrum of international cuisine including 4 à-la-carte restaurants (thereunder a French and an Italian one) and the famous Beach BBQ. 24-hour room service is provided. The hotel’s expansive grounds and sports facilities ensure active guests have plenty to do. Newly built Thai Spa and wellness center, 4 tennis courts, children club, SUBEX diving centre, parasailing, various water sports, volleyball, horse/camel riding, safaris, jeep, quad and boat trips are offered. The Maritim Jolie Ville golf course is approx. 7 km from the hotel. Two pools (one with seawater and one with freshwater) are amidst the landscaped gardens. Kids will enjoy their time in the holiday club, open the whole year through for children from 4 to 12 years. Bakery, shops, bank, limousine service and a doctor in house are also offered. Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino occupies a conference centre, built on 3.000 m² of land, consisting of 7 meeting rooms, the biggest of which can accommodate up to 500 persons. All meeting rooms are equipped with the latest technology. Besides, the “Casino Royale” is operated by Casinos Austria International and located opposite the hotel. Business hours of reception: 24/7 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Otel, Expedia, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino Sharm El-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino Sharm El-Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Maritim Jolie Ville Resort And Casino Sharm El-Sheikh