Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino Sharm El-Sheikh
Ranked #120 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We have visited this hotel several times now at Easter and had a fabulous holiday. The location is very central in Naama Bay, very short walking distance to all restaurants, bars and shops. The hotel is beautifully clean, breakfast is fab and the staff are their best asset. Rooms in the 'preferred palm area' are best - close to the pool, and the lovely private beach. All in all, a lovely quiet hotel right in the middle of the bustling Naama Bay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Debbie S
Maritim J, Guest Relations Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino Sharm El-Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Debbie S
thank you for your overall positive feedback, we are looking forward to hosting you again next Easter for another fabulous holiday at our sunny Resort

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We booked online for our 8th visit to this hotel, for 24th Feb - 7th March '13 & arranged our usual upgrade, to the Preferred Front Palms area, directly with the hotel's Reservation Dept. We always request an odd-numbered room in blocks 17, 19, 21 or 23; they're situated half-way between reception & the pool, amidst the lovely, tranquil garden area, full of flowers & butterflies. The odd-numbered blocks are down the side of the complex that is *not* against the town. There are shady areas, with seats, where people can sit & be far away from the hustle & bustle of Na'ama Bay & life in general.
After being at Birmingham airport for a while, our outward flight flashed up as being delayed, so I emailed Reservations to warn them that we would be considerably later than scheduled. Someone replied (a name I didn't recognise) explaining that the Assistant Reservations Manager (who'd arranged our upgrade) was currently on leave, but would see us soon, & he passed on his regards. We later learned that the poor guy had been in hospital, in Cairo, & had confirmed the final details of our booking, from his hospital bed, when his colleague rang him!That's most definitely Customer Care beyond the call of duty from Hany Atef! Happily, he did return during our stay.
Everything was wonderful, as usual. We had complimentary bathrobes, slippers, wine, fruit & nuts as repeat guests. From a selfish point of view, we appreciated the fact that the hotel was only 35% full, so no problems with the sunbeds & it made the whole place even more relaxing, to be so quiet. You'd never know that you're in the heart of Na'ama, even when the hotel is more busy.
The staff always appreciate that we choose to return there & welcome us warmly, including the security guards on the complex.
The rooms are huge, with 2 balconies, plenty of storage space, enormous beds, table & chairs, programmable safe, hairdryer, tea & coffee-making facilities, large plasma screen TV & even a pillow menu. Aside from junior suites, there are the largest rooms in which we have ever stayed. Room service is 24hrs & there is a Dr. on call. Everyone's allocated a towel card, on arrival & exchange is by the pool or on the beach. Irons & boards are available through housekeeping.
Golf buggies will take guests wherever they want to go, around the complex; just ring reception. With it being so flat, the complex is ideal for wheelchairs, pushchairs, electric scooters & those with walking difficulties. There are also specific disabled rooms.
The beach is lovely, with a snack bar down there & 2 Happy Hours (lunch & early evening).
The hassle, from shopkeepers, in resort, was noticeably less, this time. Steps have been taken, by "The Powers That Be", to reduce it; meetings are still ongoing, with more plans afoot to address the issues of the vast variation in prices of purchasable goods, so that there is a more uniform approach, as haggling, together with 'rip-off prices' is off-putting for tourists & really counter-productive. They're also looking at imposing a system similar to that in Turkey, whereby vendors & restauranteurs, are only allowed to come a certain distance outside their property, to procure custom. If this is breached, in Turkey, there is a scale of punishment, depending on how much, or how many times, rules are broken, ranging from a fine, to the establishment being closed from 1 day upwards.
Tourist police are still around but some are in plain clothes & pass unnoticed; they have lost a certain amount of public respect since the 'Uprising'. Police road checks, within Sharm, are not so evident along the main Peace Road, so travelling around Sharm is a bit quicker.
We had a room extension, on our last day; just ask at reception, the morning of departure, for your room keys (cards) to be "topped up"; they weren't busy so didn't charge us.
Thanks to pool waiter, Khaled, for taking pity on me & my cold, & providing supplies of honey with fresh lemon, to take to the room, as well as dosing me up with it, on my sunbed, one morning.
We used the hotel taxi 2 or 3 times; it's literally only £1 or £2 sterling more than the local taxis. The hotel has obviously changed firms from last time, as the previous one was demanding 'silly money' from the J.V. clients, much to the embarrassment of the reception staff.
We dined at the hotel's French 'à la carte', namely, "La Fleur" again. It's on a par with a popular fine-dining restaurant in our home town, in terms of quality, presentation & service. The price reflects this, but it's worth it & we can thoroughly recommend it. The main tables are prom-side of the hotel & a more intimate setting can be arranged, so that diners have a candle-lit dinner, on the beach.
Sadly, I have to mention a negative aspect :-(
It concerns the on-site beauty / hairdresser & spa centres. I must emphasise that they are both run by non-J.V. hotel staff; the people who work in them rent the space.
I have no issues with the hotel staff but hope that management take note of the following.
We found the beauty / hairdressing staff to be a nuisance; especially one of the females. Being asked 4 times in a day if I want a treatment is unacceptable & would stretch the patience of a saint. I don't want to, "High Five", them, tell them my name, have them as a 'new best friend', be hailed as, "Hey! Beauty!" (by the female) or be hassled, in any way, when on my sunbed. I will now *never* consider using them.
We did try a massage, at the spa, but were disappointed. I'd specifically said (to the guy who took the booking) that I have an ongoing shoulder injury & also don't like my feet being touched. I had to ask the girl ***3 times*** to stop touching my feet & object when she tried to put my shoulder in a place where it didn't want to go! Hardly a relaxing experience. I wanted a back, neck & head massage; why my feet & legs had to come into it, I really don't know.
My husband also had a massage, on the bed next to me; I felt uncomfortable as the girls were whispering in Arabic & barely spoke English.
They obviously don't take note of medical history, or advise that clients drink plenty of water, to flush away toxins released by massage, or do skin tests on the face masks that they use. The air-con was too high, considering that people lose heat during treatments; we were uncomfortably cold when the face masks were done at the end. I do have some knowledge of massages & various therapies, here in the U.K.
The massage was over-priced, of average quality & not as good as the ones we've had at another Sharm hotel. We definitely won't use the massage facilities again. We were each offered a free 2nd massage, as the main guy knew we were unhappy, but we declined.
Back to the positive ~
We still love Sharm & will return, repeatedly, as long as we are able, for guaranteed winter sun, rest & relaxation. There is no other destination to which we have returned so many times. I used to wonder how people returned, to the same place, year after year; now I know :-)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Nephthys
Maritim Jolie V... R, Guest Relations Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino Sharm El-Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear Nephthys

Firstly we thank you for your time to give us a detailed feedback of your stay at our Resort. We spoke several times at the pool and it was a pleasure to host and see you again.

Regarding your comments for the Spa, we are glad to inform you that we took serious action and we hope to welcome you again next year.
Best regards

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I cannot fault this hotel .We have just booked for our 4th trip. I am disabled and in a wheelchair .
So finding a good hotel can be difficult .As there is disabled access & DISABLED ACCESS .This ticks all the boxes Everywhere is ramped .They have 2 disabled rooms .But the staff are brilliant as the 1st year we were in a normal room and things were a bit tight they were going to take the bathroom door off & dismantle the shower cubicle to make it a wet room.Fortunately I was able to manage
In the dinining tables at floor level are reserved for the disabled as all other areas are up 3/4 steps
Even though it is in the centre of Narma Bay .It remains peaceful and relaxing

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room near reception & pool. If you are on the other side of the main road...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ann M

Dear Ann M

We take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback and if you return once again, please feel free to contact us to reserve your room accordingly

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Well we have returned from our 16th visit to this hotel and would most certainly go back there again. There is only one problem you have to return to cold English weather coming away from the lovely sky's and hot weather. Excellent staff look after you with excellent service and if you want a dining experience go to La Fleur which is part of the hotel and the food is excellent and you are treated like special people.

Room Tip: If you want easy access to beach and the restaurants book preferred palm area
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Maritim Jolie V... R, Guest Relations Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino Sharm El-Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear Alby and Lesley

thank you for your feedback, we are always happy to see you and looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

The best thing about the hotel is the location, which is near everything, but make sure that your reservation is in the preferred area of the hotel (as it is called), which is the nearest to the beach, the walk from the rooms to the beach would take 2 minutes.
The beach is amazing, clean sand which I found better than many hotel beaches in Sharm.
Available activities on the beach are pedalos, canoes, speed boats, para-sailing and other interesting stuff but it doesn't have aqua park.
I recommend the breakfast only, as it is the best meal that they serve, there are many restaurants around the hotel which are also 10 minutes walk max from the hotel, inside the hotel there is a magnificent Italian restaurant which i highly recommend, and a restaurant which serves good sea food next to the hotel which is "Al Dananeer"
In the evening you can go out for a walk in the walkway which starts at the corner where the hotel is located, you can have shisha or a drink or ice cream.
At night there are many options but the best of all was the casino which is across the street, you can have fun without losing much money and also you can sit there have a drink on the bar and listen to some music.
That was the best about the hotel, now the rooms are clean and good but not that fancy, but you can have a good night sleep.
The reception area, the landscaping and the furniture seems a little old and need some attention, but none of this bothered me as I didn't have to stay in the room but to shower and sleep, and all the time you will spend around the hotel and at the beach, which is all perfect.

Room Tip: The "Preferred Area" is the closest to all surroundings.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nader A

Dear Nader A

we thank you for your positive feedback, we are glad you had an enjoyable stay with us and hope to host you again in our sunny Resort

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here for one week b+b,can't fault the place we had no issues,the breakfasts were excellent every morning with a nice varied choice,there is a non smoking area which was nice.the pool area was nice and well looked after there is a very nice private stretch of beach with a ridiculously warm red sea awaiting you.

The spa was superb,sauna,steam room all free to hotel guests.It was nice to sweat all the suntan lotion out at the end of a days sunbathing.

Being on a b+b basis it gave us great freedom in the evening for our dining choices,the hotel has its own restaurants and one night we ate in The Ligolini italian on the complex,very nice i have to say.But what awaits once you leave the complex is a huge,varied amount of restaurants around the naama bay area and along the beautiful beach path.Neither of us suffered from a dodgy stomach all week.

The only thing i could say was that the noise from naama bay at night went on and on when we were trying to sleep,we were in a side annex from the main complex and right beside one of the main streets,so take earplugs just in case.But i wouldn't let this put you off staying there.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main complex.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Maritim J, Guest Relations Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino Sharm El-Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear markc222

thank you for your overall good feedback, we are glad you were satisfied with your stay and hope to host you again.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

With my family we planned to enjoy the Easter holiday at Sharm el Sheikh, from the past 10 trips, this time we picked Jolie Ville to stay in and to try it. It turned out to be a nice stay, we enjoyed our time there,

The hotel is neat, clean with nice staff, the rooms are clean, yet a bit old.
The hotel location is very convenient, being right to the commercial area of Naema bay.

I do reecommend it to all my friends to go there and try it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Maritim J, Guest Relations Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino Sharm El-Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Raed A

Thank you for your feedback and recommendations to your family and friends, we hope to welcoming you again next Easter