Concorde El Salam Front Hotel
Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence(Sharm El Sheikh)
$78
$123
$99
$50
3,917 results
All reviewspiano barsoho squaresports complexinfinity poollaguna restaurantitalian restaurantbars managernaama bayfishaqua gymanimation teamspecial thanksmain poolgreat holidaysea viewswim up barmain restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 15, 2009

I noticed a minority of bad reviews buit they must have had an off week as our 2 week honeymoon was brilliant! Best time to go to red sea is late spring/ early summer where temperature is 28-32 degrees centigrade and weather was amazing. This hotel is lovely - we stayed at the main hotel - not the sport part - beautiful grounds and so much to do. No mosquito bites at all and food absolutely gorgeous. We did have 'travellers diarrheoa on the 3rd day and were laid up for a day with tummy ache but to be honest we went overboard with the alcohol and food so took it easy and were fine after that. There's a gym, inside pool and sauna, plenty of aerobics classes/ belly dancing, etc. The entertainment was pretty cheesy but very entertaining and the piano bar was lovely (even though the singer did sing the same songs most nights!) Only thing that annoyed my new husnabd was the local men in Na'ma bay chatting me up but apart from that we really enjoyed our stay and the hotel staff are so friendly. We are not the sort of people who find fault with everything and this really was a great hotel and the snorkelling was just amazing. You would not be dissappointed!

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mummypops
Reviewed May 13, 2009

We had a week's break in Sharm el Sheikh at the Concorde el Salam at the end of October 2008. (I realise this review is a bit late, I thought I’d already posted it until checking my profile). But, it was so fabulous I thought I’d post it anyway!!

We stayed in the “main” hotel and would recommend this above the “Sport” section as so much nearer the beach. The rooms were large and clean; all the public areas were beautifully marbled and polished; the food was plentiful and replenished constantly; the service (except for one surly waiter) was impeccable. The evening entertainment was pretty good and varied; you need to arrive early though as the tables get “booked” by the Russians, leaving hats etc on chairs/tables. We also found the rose wine was quite palatable compared to some of the local stuff available. They also had some good deals on cocktails of the day which were quite heady.

We had such a good holiday, we are thinking of going back next year - something we never do as there are so many places yet to visit.

Our last visit to Egypt was to Taba Heights in 2006, where we snorkelled from the beach and we were somewhat dismayed to find we had to venture into the sea via a pontoon. To make things worse, it was about 20-odd feet deep off the end. Hubby, although not a strong swimmer, mastered this; I’m the strong swimmer, who’s a chicken when I cant put my feet down, but I discovered there was a shallow beach part either sie of the jetty. Here, depending on the water level, you could paddle or snorkel with loads of colourful fish nibbling your toes. I’ve since found out it is one of the only hotels in Sharm where you can go into the sea from the beach, not just a jetty. I advise taking UV blocking sunglasses (we got ours on ebay). There are several pools on site, but we loved seeing the fish in the Red Sea.

One downfall is that it was pretty steep coming back from the beach, but there is the beach bar at the top of the beach level and then the swimming pool bar nearer the hotel, so a couple of places to rest. I can recommend both the pool bar and especially the beach bar for food, drink and atmosphere.

We also found it was deceptively hot. The first day I felt rather faint so we came back to the hotel about 2 o’clock, only to notice the temperature display showing 48 degrees! Because of the breeze on the beach we hadn’t realised it was that hot. After that we went to the beach about 10am, returned to the hotel for lunch/early afternoon in the air-conditioning and then went to the pool or beach about 3pm when it had cooled a bit, then back to the hotel at half past four for afternoon tea and cake. So civilised!

This was our first all-inclusive holiday and it was definitely worth it. We took a travel kettle for that all-important early morning cup of tea but, after that from breakfast to lunch, afternoon tea and dinner, we took full advantage of the a.i. facilities.

One piece of advice - it may be more expensive but book any trips through your rep. I pre-booked one to Ras Mohammed with Sharm Club but, despite sending several texts to the number they gave me, I didnt get a reply and they didnt show up on the day. I then booked a trip to Luxor through the Thomas Cook rep at the hotel, which turned out to be fantastic. OK, it was £45 each more than the Sharm Club one, and a very long day, but our guide, Hatem, made it an unforgettable experience. By the way, Thomas Cook were extremely good throughout the holiday and had a large presence in the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pushkathecat
Reviewed May 4, 2009

We went to Egypt and stayed in concorde sport recently, and after reading all of the reviews written, i was a little worried. A lot of people said they got ill out there, that the staff demanded tips or they were a bit funny with you, that the rooms weren't amazing, and after looking forward to this trip for a long time i was a little annoyed.

But, when we arrived, we actually thought they had made a mistake and they had put us in the salam hotel. We were amazed with our rooms - large, VERY clean, very tidy and had a lovely balcony looking over the pool. We were also told that the pools weren't cleaned often, but later on in the stay found out that those people had probably written that about the Salam pools - yes, the 'nicer' hotel which you had to pay quite a lot more for. People had also told us to grab sunloungers early in the morning - for the first couple of days I did do this, but if we were doing activites in the morning and when to the pool in the afternoon, the pool attendants would go out of their way to find you as many as you need and put them all together.

We had made friends with so many of the staff there - the pool attendants, the waiters, our cleaner, the luggage transporter - everyone was so friendly! All of the staff would go out of their way to sort out any problems you had - we reported that our air conditioning seemed to be playing up, and 5 minutes later a mechanic was knocking on our door ready to fix it!

The food there was absolutely incredible! The range of food was astonishing - hot food, cold food, salad, soups, cakes, pastries, everything! And if you are worried about that side of things, well quite frankly you have nothing to worry about. We ate very well everyday, 4 times a day! All of the fruit was fine, all of the vegetables - everything! The only reason people got ill out there is because of the water. We didnt drink the water from the taps (bottled water from the supermarket was fine). People probably weren't careful - they could have brushed their teeth with tap water and still got ill even from that. So really, there is absolutely nothing to worry about, none of us got ill!

I was ill one of the days from diving and reacting bad to the pressure - i had a series of severe nose bleeds, but it wasn't too much to worry about though because i suffer from them anyway. Once the waiters and our cleaner found out i was ill they were very apologetic, as if it was their fault! They got straight onto customer relations to give me my meals in my room, which was fantastic! When i was better, every time i went past someone who knew i was ill, they would ask me if i was ok!

The weather was abosolutely incredible! One of the days it got up to 39 degrees! But it was nice to get into the pool, or the sea at the salam hotel and go snorkelling.

Everyone had said how awful the entertainment was, but on our first night we found out that the entertainment wasn't actually that bad! The only problem was the out of tune english classics songs! Other than that, there were very friendly 'animation team' members who would come and chat to you and get everyone to play waterpolo or volleyball etc.

Overall, this was the best holiday i have ever been on. I would recommend staying in the Sport complex, simply for value and the looks! You have to pay quite a lot more to stay in the Salam complex for the benefits of only a beach front, more places to eat and supposedly better rooms. Actually, the Sport was newer, cleaner, and generally had a nicer, quieter atmosphere about it.

Can't wait to go back again!

6  Thank happyholidaymaker999
Reviewed April 27, 2009

We stayed in the Concorde Sport which in our opinion was the better of the two Concorde hotels (you do have full use of the facilities at both hotels). Although not on the sea front the pool is better, always able to get a sunbed and the restaurant was quieter. The staff were excellent and will do anything for you. Food is buffet style but there was always plenty and the choice was good. I think like most people we found the Russians to be very rude, no such thing as a queue for them and don't expect them to hold a door for you even if you do have your hands full! We never had to buy water, a big bottle was left for us everyday in our room and it's available at all the bars (out of a bottle). If you buy anything from the shops start by offering at least half the price they tell you. In fact if your offered anything, offer half the price they expect it. They do try it on with their pricing!! WATCH OUT for a company called Elite who although are not time share they are trying to sell membership to a travel club. They approach you with scrach card things and you will win a t shirt or (surprise surprise) a star prize. You have to sit through 90 minutes of crap and at the end they try and convince you to sign up and part with lots of money. We sat with them one night, told them at the start not interested just wanted my t shirt, got to the end and they offered us life membership for about £10,000. Said no. 1 day after we got home we got a call from them offering the same deal for £1950 still said no. Checked them out on the web and so many people have lost their money. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!
For families there is a kids club which ours enjoyed.
We used the indoor pool every day after lunch to give the children a break from the sun.
Room was ok with plenty of space not as plush as the ones in the brochure.
Staff - fantastic

4  Thank womble65
Reviewed April 26, 2009

After a long flight almost 6 hours it was great to see the hotel was only 10 mins drive if that. Upon arrival we were met with some smiley faces especially ahmed at the front who look bemused at the fact that i was speaking a little arabic having worked in sharm prior. We stayed at the sports area however the main part of the hotel is a bus ride and there is a bus going to and fro all the time and you dont have to wait much. There is also a bus that runs to naama bay and returns you back to the hotel however you did have to phone up quite early in the morning to reserve your seats. A few times we had to get a taxi or if you wanted the cheaper option the mini van that runs the locals around. A bit uncomfy with all the people crowded in 1 egyptian pound to naama bay or old sharm is an absoloute bargain less than 20p. You do have to wait on the busy main road at the front for these vans to pass by. The taxi cost 25le which came to around £3.00 but they all drive very very fast and on 1 occassion i had to tell him to slow down as i had my 8 month old son with me.

The airport is visible from the fron of the hotel, you can hear planes flying coming in and out but at night i dont remember hearing anything. Must be due to the fact that you do get very tired in the sun well i did anyway, The hotel staff are extgremely friendly and will do almost anything to help you. .

The hotel was marked as a 5* now i have been lucky enough to stay in some 5* hotels and would class this as a more of a 3*/4*.

The food is excellent although sometimes it does get a little boring. I was there for 11 nights on a all inclusive basis and decided to have a change on a few nights and eat out in naama bay and the old town.ahmed the head chef will make something specially for you if you so desire.

There are lots to do in the hotel with all its sports facilities, gym indoor swimming pool, horse riding,football pitch.horse riding think i counted around 30 horses at the stables. Lots to do as a couple and as a family.

3  Thank zak1uk