“excellent staff”

Concorde El Salam Front Hotel
Ranked #52 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed June 26, 2013

fab holiday , fantastic all inc deal even included the safe . Great service at all the bars , a little bit remote but this suited us def one to return too. we did upgrade our room for a full sea view , well worth the extra money fantastic waking up to the red sea :-)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pee-dubleya
samirrashwan2000, General Manager at Concorde El Salam Front Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and comments about your experience at Concorde El Salam Hotel Sharm El Sheikh.
We are glad that you mentioned that you had a fabulous and fantastic holiday.
Looking forward welcoming you back
Samir Rashwan

Write a ReviewReviews (3,500)

Reviewed June 19, 2013

My partner and I arrived home early hours of Tuesday morning and I was honestly gutted to have left such a beautiful place. The Concorde had been recommended to us by close friends and then my parents, both of which came back with the same reviews, that it was just amazing so of course we had to visit to see if the hotel and holiday lived up to our expectations. From the minute we stepped foot inside The Concorde it did not disappoint and we knew we had made the right decision. Having arrived later on in the evening we were greeted at reception where they looked after our bags and showed us to the food hall as we hadn't eaten a meal leaving England. When finished a lovely gentlemen escorted us to our room along with our suitcases which he kindly pulled up.

The room itself was immaculately clean, the bathroom could do with a spruce up but I believe they are in the process of that elsewhere in the hotel. Every day our room was cleaned beautifully and we were left a big bottle of water. We had seen reviews previous saying that the fridge wasn't cold enough but like any fridge once the water was in there in didn't take long to cool and we found that just one bottle of water per day was more than enough especially as we were all inclusive, we even had 3 bottles left at the end of the week. We were also greeted with some amazing towel art which I loved, very talented people :-). We had a lovely view of one of the pools which had some sports equipment in the water!!! Very quiet round this pool and mostly English people we found.

Each day we spent at and around the main pool with the pool bar, we found it was best to get down there earlier for a sunbed, if we couldn't find two when we first got down there we never had to wait long anyway so was never a problem as people are always coming and going.
We must admit we had two favourite members of staff that worked at the pool bar, Ali who sadly has left and we were truly gutted and Nadir who is quite possibly the kindest, sweetest man I've had the pleasure of meeting. Couldn't do enough for you, always with a smile on their face which has got to be hard in that heat and with some testing people i.e the Russians but they handled it all in their stride and always remained professional. We were fortunate enough to meet a lovely family whilst there and met plenty of English people which made the holiday even more perfect. Even the guys that walk around selling massages and excursions were lovely, we just wanted a holiday where we literally did nothing so after saying 'no thank you' they were gracious and accepting of that and we got chatting to them every day and having a laugh with them over different things other than the excursions etc which pleasantly surprised us as we were apprehensive thinking maybe they would keep on but not at all, some truly nice people.

The food hall, well that was an experience in itself, only because again The Russians are very ill mannered and have no concept of queuing and no patience, apart from that the food was of a very good, wide selection and not once did we go hungry and my partner being quite fussy we thought he may struggle but he always had a full plate and was pleasantly surprised. Again we got to know one waiter in particular, Mohammed and as soon as he saw us would get a table ready, drinks ready and couldn't do enough for us. We had lunch at the pool bar every day bar one and the food was brilliant, again the chefs there were so friendly and couldn't do enough for you or give us enough food :-).

Everywhere you go staff are always cleaning!! The hotel is beautifully structured and beautifully kept and what a fantastic job they do.

The piano bar we spent a lot of time in as it was the only place with wifi so perfect to FaceTime family and also because of another two of our favourite people, Ali the general manager of the piano bar and Ahmed I'm pretty sure his name was we're just brilliant. Ali is a fantastic manager and you can see really appreciates his staff which is so wonderful to see as there were times when in other ares of the hotel I think the staff are definitely under appreciated and aren't given enough credit for what they do. Every day we would be greeted with a warm and friendly reception, even remembering our favourite drinks and also surprising us with cocktails along with Nadir who also did this at the pool bar :-). They were great people to talk to and it it made our experience all the better getting to know these wonderful staff members. They truly are a credit to this hotel. They are definitely what makes it and I can only hope they are still there when we return as soon as possible as we both miss them already!

In regards to the building work the noise really is minimal and the noise it drowned out by the atmosphere and everything going on at the pool so really was no bother. The Russians, they are exactly what the other reviews say, rude and arrogant with no manners but that is just them. Easily ignored and your there for you so it wasn't a problem to us. Kareem our holiday advisor was fab, very helpful and at the hotel every day if ever we needed him. Soho square was brilliant, a few minutes down the road, a very lovely experience and a place we visited several times during our stay.

Overall this holiday exceeded our expectations. The staff go above and beyond and our the friendliest, most welcoming, amazing people we've met. Truly a beautiful place and one I would easily repeat very year. Thank you for an unforgettable holiday and hopefully see you again very soon :-)))))

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank JRoe_25

Dear Guest,
It is always great pleasure for us to receive such a feedback from a satisfied guest as our guest satisfaction is our main target and top priority. I would also like to thank you for your nice and kind comments in details about the hotel , the food, pools, facilities and staff it was a great pleasure for me to know that the holiday exceeded your expectations. We are all waiting to welcome you back, hoping it will be soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely lovely. The staff are truly amazing! They can not do enough for you. Not once did we come across a rude member of staff. The pool is nice and on a beautiful setting.
Within walking distance to soho square.
DefinAtely would recommend this hotel to anyone! Food has a wide variety to please everyone! Go for a visit!!!
El

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank BearEat

Dear guest,

It was a great pleasure to me to read your review about your stay with us and to know that you enjoyed your holiday in our hotel; I have shared your comments with our staff and they appreciate it very much and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable holiday.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

The Hotel location is very uniqe, also the hotel rooms are great, swimming pool is very nice and beach are very good if you plan to do some snorkling or diving,

but the service is very poor the staff are very aggrussive and food are very poor too, the varity are huge but taste is Terrible.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mohamed_Rahim

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your time to write about us, appreciate your comment about the hotel location, room and beach, concerning your comment about the food and service, your notes were shared with our executive chef ., hopping that your next visit will be more joyful, with my best wishes.

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 11, 2013

As a solo traveller doing a bit of diving I stayed here from the 3/6 until 10/6. The hotel was very well presented I stayed near to the reception area room 1221 which was very nice and modern. I can say nothing negative about my stay and will go back for sure. Most of the guests are Russian who I must say I found good company and very friendly the ones that spoke a little English anyway and most speak far more English than we speak Russian. Great location next to soho square and five minutes to the airport in a taxi. Always a good choice of food and yes they do cater for the Russians but I always found something nice to eat - and the omelette cooked to order for breakfast were great. The piano bar in the evenings for a few drinks was always entertaining - thanks Walid

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Alanholding
samirrashwan2000, General Manager at Concorde El Salam Front Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments following your recent stay with us, they are very much appreciated , It is wonderful to read that you were satisfied with our hotel and that you liked our rooms.
I also thank you for your words about the food and staff. Thank you also for pointing out our perfect location near to Soho Square and the airport.
The entire team is looking forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Well, after yet another fantastic holiday I have found time to pen this.

Noise from the new hotel site two hotels away will soon go as they have just about carved out as much as they can from the place, Don’t kid yourself this would have been affecting a lot of holiday makers in near bye hotels too, the Sun Rise, Hilton and others not just the Concorde. From the refurbishment taking place in the hotel itself there is no noise at all and if it wasn’t for the screens covering the area you would not think anything was being done so that’s the building work covered !

Now for the staff ,I have travelled quite a bit in my years on this planet and I have yet to have service like I get here ( the reason why I go back time and time again ).I don’t know what it is, but you only need to smile and talk to the staff and you will want for nothing.If you are lucky enough to meet people like Emad in the main pool bar you’ll find out what I mean, pleasant attentive, and it seems like he has a painted on smile for everyone. Waleed in the Laguna terrace another star of the hotel you only have to be half way finished your drink and along comes another and always with a smile.The animation team girls and boys all happy and wanting to make your holiday special,Olga and Aliona just to mention two. But then again I could fill this review with the names of workers in this hotel that make a difference.

The food is adequate, with a lean towards the Russian taste but then again there are more of them than us so any hotel would do it, but I never went hungry in 14 days and I like my food !

That brings me on to the Russians, the Concorde is no exception to the other hotels in the area which all have a large Russian contingent (don’t kid yourself Russia is were the money is at the moment.) Ignorant and arrogant they can be, but me personally I ignore them to the extent that they are not there (if you get my drift ) Don’t let them bother you and get on with enjoying your holiday.

If you are a scuba diver like me, give Marina divers a go ( on the beach in the front hotel) safe, happy and knowledgeable couldn’t ask for more.

Well enough from this ageing Geordie, see you there soon , I’m going back in September.

Room Tip: only book the Concorde front hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank mctrout36

Dear Guest,
I am pleased you had a delightful stay, enjoying the food, staff and diving which is indeed very popular due to our superb location.
Furthermore I am glad the service given by our staff was up to your satisfaction and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in September.
Kind regards,

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Have just returned from a weeks holiday. After a concerning letter before we travelled we were quite apprehensive about the building work. I would like to say this did not affect our holiday in any way.
The hotel setting is perfect with a fantastic pool areas. We spent our time in the infinity pool where we were well looked after by the bar staff - all of which were very friendly and provided exceptional service - nadir, Ali, Ahmed who were headed up by there manager. We enjoyed the bar snacks for lunch every day that consisted of burgers, chicken, fish.
The main restaurant provided a large choice of food however most evenings we chose to dine in the Italian restaurant on the beach front. This was a lot quieter but again the manager and his team provided excellent service and tasty food which all inclusive guests receive a 40% discount on.
Our room was very comfortable and clean. The room attendant was always on hand if we needed anything. It was also a wow to come back to the room with some towel art.
In the evenings you can enjoy the in house entertainment, it is also a 5 minute walk to soho square where there are bars and shops.
Overall - we felt this all inclusive holiday was very good value with superb service throughout providing a very relaxing break!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jetsetter186220

Dear Guest,

I would firstly like to thank you for taking the time in expressing your views following your recent stay with us and for your kind and complimentary remarks.
I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay thanks to the service extended by our staff. I have shared you positive feedback with the staff and they were all pleased to hear your compliments.
Thank you for having stayed with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,