“A lovely hotel”

Ranked #72 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
London
“A lovely hotel”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely lovely. The staff are truly amazing! They can not do enough for you. Not once did we come across a rude member of staff. The pool is nice and on a beautiful setting.
Within walking distance to soho square.
DefinAtely would recommend this hotel to anyone! Food has a wide variety to please everyone! Go for a visit!!!
El

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank BearEat
samirrashwan2000, General Manager at Concorde El Salam Front Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear guest,

It was a great pleasure to me to read your review about your stay with us and to know that you enjoyed your holiday in our hotel; I have shared your comments with our staff and they appreciate it very much and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable holiday.

Samir Rashwan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The Hotel location is very uniqe, also the hotel rooms are great, swimming pool is very nice and beach are very good if you plan to do some snorkling or diving,

but the service is very poor the staff are very aggrussive and food are very poor too, the varity are huge but taste is Terrible.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mohamed_Rahim
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your time to write about us, appreciate your comment about the hotel location, room and beach, concerning your comment about the food and service, your notes were shared with our executive chef ., hopping that your next visit will be more joyful, with my best wishes.

Warm regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

As a solo traveller doing a bit of diving I stayed here from the 3/6 until 10/6. The hotel was very well presented I stayed near to the reception area room 1221 which was very nice and modern. I can say nothing negative about my stay and will go back for sure. Most of the guests are Russian who I must say I found good company and very friendly the ones that spoke a little English anyway and most speak far more English than we speak Russian. Great location next to soho square and five minutes to the airport in a taxi. Always a good choice of food and yes they do cater for the Russians but I always found something nice to eat - and the omelette cooked to order for breakfast were great. The piano bar in the evenings for a few drinks was always entertaining - thanks Walid

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Alanholding
samirrashwan2000, General Manager at Concorde El Salam Front Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments following your recent stay with us, they are very much appreciated , It is wonderful to read that you were satisfied with our hotel and that you liked our rooms.
I also thank you for your words about the food and staff. Thank you also for pointing out our perfect location near to Soho Square and the airport.
The entire team is looking forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,
Tynemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Well, after yet another fantastic holiday I have found time to pen this.

Noise from the new hotel site two hotels away will soon go as they have just about carved out as much as they can from the place, Don’t kid yourself this would have been affecting a lot of holiday makers in near bye hotels too, the Sun Rise, Hilton and others not just the Concorde. From the refurbishment taking place in the hotel itself there is no noise at all and if it wasn’t for the screens covering the area you would not think anything was being done so that’s the building work covered !

Now for the staff ,I have travelled quite a bit in my years on this planet and I have yet to have service like I get here ( the reason why I go back time and time again ).I don’t know what it is, but you only need to smile and talk to the staff and you will want for nothing.If you are lucky enough to meet people like Emad in the main pool bar you’ll find out what I mean, pleasant attentive, and it seems like he has a painted on smile for everyone. Waleed in the Laguna terrace another star of the hotel you only have to be half way finished your drink and along comes another and always with a smile.The animation team girls and boys all happy and wanting to make your holiday special,Olga and Aliona just to mention two. But then again I could fill this review with the names of workers in this hotel that make a difference.

The food is adequate, with a lean towards the Russian taste but then again there are more of them than us so any hotel would do it, but I never went hungry in 14 days and I like my food !

That brings me on to the Russians, the Concorde is no exception to the other hotels in the area which all have a large Russian contingent (don’t kid yourself Russia is were the money is at the moment.) Ignorant and arrogant they can be, but me personally I ignore them to the extent that they are not there (if you get my drift ) Don’t let them bother you and get on with enjoying your holiday.

If you are a scuba diver like me, give Marina divers a go ( on the beach in the front hotel) safe, happy and knowledgeable couldn’t ask for more.

Well enough from this ageing Geordie, see you there soon , I’m going back in September.

Room Tip: only book the Concorde front hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank mctrout36
Dear Guest,
I am pleased you had a delightful stay, enjoying the food, staff and diving which is indeed very popular due to our superb location.
Furthermore I am glad the service given by our staff was up to your satisfaction and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in September.
Kind regards,
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Have just returned from a weeks holiday. After a concerning letter before we travelled we were quite apprehensive about the building work. I would like to say this did not affect our holiday in any way.
The hotel setting is perfect with a fantastic pool areas. We spent our time in the infinity pool where we were well looked after by the bar staff - all of which were very friendly and provided exceptional service - nadir, Ali, Ahmed who were headed up by there manager. We enjoyed the bar snacks for lunch every day that consisted of burgers, chicken, fish.
The main restaurant provided a large choice of food however most evenings we chose to dine in the Italian restaurant on the beach front. This was a lot quieter but again the manager and his team provided excellent service and tasty food which all inclusive guests receive a 40% discount on.
Our room was very comfortable and clean. The room attendant was always on hand if we needed anything. It was also a wow to come back to the room with some towel art.
In the evenings you can enjoy the in house entertainment, it is also a 5 minute walk to soho square where there are bars and shops.
Overall - we felt this all inclusive holiday was very good value with superb service throughout providing a very relaxing break!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jetsetter186220
Dear Guest,

I would firstly like to thank you for taking the time in expressing your views following your recent stay with us and for your kind and complimentary remarks.
I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay thanks to the service extended by our staff. I have shared you positive feedback with the staff and they were all pleased to hear your compliments.
Thank you for having stayed with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Far too many Russians, hotel is ok but would not rush back, food is dull, pool bar is dirty & smoking should not be allowed around the pool bar, soho square is the only evening thing to do, unless you head out to Nama bay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments , it is always very beneficial to us, to know how we are doing, and your comments is our top priority ,it lighten our way to success. We shared your precious comments with the management

Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We have been going to this hotel for the past 10 years (twice yearly for 6yrs). The hotel has been undergoing some extensive renovations and the results are amazing! They are on the last section now by the infinity pool but noise is minimum and if you don't wish to be by the infinity pool then you still have the gym pool and the suite pool to go to which are both very quiet and away from any noise. The jackhammer noise is from the hotel next to the Hilton and they do work when they have the money; and yes it can be noisy from the work being undertaken especially by the infinity pool but this is not the fault of the Concorde Hotel.

Rooms - are cleaned daily by very conscientous young men with towel art - we had clean sheets and towels daily, nothing is too much trouble for them.

Fridge - this is provided purely for your own use and does not come stocked so there's nothing to pay for - we stock ours with tins of coke, tonic etc for using with our own bottles of bacardi and vodka etc, etc.

Staff - they are all absolutely fantastic with a ready smile and chat at any time and very, very helpful. Yes, they were slightly understaffed during our visit (16-30th May) but that is due to staff having their vacations just the same as us. They work 16hrs each day, 7 days a week so they are entitled to their vacations to visit their families in Cairo and far beyond.

Food - I will admit my husband felt it was not so good as has been in previous years and it could have been hotter. This was brought to the attention of the Executive Chef, however, they now have a new French Chef and I place this squarely at his front door and the fact that the choice of dishes is more to the taste of the russian guests. I personally have medical problems with IBS/Diverticulities, therefore all my food is cooked fresh by Chef Maged and is fantastic as I am not allowed any spices or pepper so I have no complaints whatsoever.

Entertainment - as usual, the entertainment team were great with some new routines and costumes. They also do gym aerobics; pool volleyball, beach disco etc, etc and work very hard.

New : There are more internal renovations going to be taking place within the main hotel area off Reception as they are planning a new Oriental Cafe opposite the Piano Bar and I am looking forward to seeing this when done.

We are currently looking to book our holidays once again at the Concorde el Salam for May & September in 2014.

Keep up the good work Mr Samir and Mr Serhat and please pass on our sincere thanks to all your fantastic staff.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, choose a room around the gym pool or suite pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple