“Boring I may be, but I love it !!!”

Concorde El Salam Front Hotel
Ranked #38 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Well, after yet another fantastic holiday I have found time to pen this.

Noise from the new hotel site two hotels away will soon go as they have just about carved out as much as they can from the place, Don’t kid yourself this would have been affecting a lot of holiday makers in near bye hotels too, the Sun Rise, Hilton and others not just the Concorde. From the refurbishment taking place in the hotel itself there is no noise at all and if it wasn’t for the screens covering the area you would not think anything was being done so that’s the building work covered !

Now for the staff ,I have travelled quite a bit in my years on this planet and I have yet to have service like I get here ( the reason why I go back time and time again ).I don’t know what it is, but you only need to smile and talk to the staff and you will want for nothing.If you are lucky enough to meet people like Emad in the main pool bar you’ll find out what I mean, pleasant attentive, and it seems like he has a painted on smile for everyone. Waleed in the Laguna terrace another star of the hotel you only have to be half way finished your drink and along comes another and always with a smile.The animation team girls and boys all happy and wanting to make your holiday special,Olga and Aliona just to mention two. But then again I could fill this review with the names of workers in this hotel that make a difference.

The food is adequate, with a lean towards the Russian taste but then again there are more of them than us so any hotel would do it, but I never went hungry in 14 days and I like my food !

That brings me on to the Russians, the Concorde is no exception to the other hotels in the area which all have a large Russian contingent (don’t kid yourself Russia is were the money is at the moment.) Ignorant and arrogant they can be, but me personally I ignore them to the extent that they are not there (if you get my drift ) Don’t let them bother you and get on with enjoying your holiday.

If you are a scuba diver like me, give Marina divers a go ( on the beach in the front hotel) safe, happy and knowledgeable couldn’t ask for more.

Well enough from this ageing Geordie, see you there soon , I’m going back in September.

Room Tip: only book the Concorde front hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank mctrout36
samirrashwan2000, General Manager at Concorde El Salam Front Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Guest,
I am pleased you had a delightful stay, enjoying the food, staff and diving which is indeed very popular due to our superb location.
Furthermore I am glad the service given by our staff was up to your satisfaction and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in September.
Kind regards,
Samir Rashwan

Write a ReviewReviews (3,646)

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Have just returned from a weeks holiday. After a concerning letter before we travelled we were quite apprehensive about the building work. I would like to say this did not affect our holiday in any way.
The hotel setting is perfect with a fantastic pool areas. We spent our time in the infinity pool where we were well looked after by the bar staff - all of which were very friendly and provided exceptional service - nadir, Ali, Ahmed who were headed up by there manager. We enjoyed the bar snacks for lunch every day that consisted of burgers, chicken, fish.
The main restaurant provided a large choice of food however most evenings we chose to dine in the Italian restaurant on the beach front. This was a lot quieter but again the manager and his team provided excellent service and tasty food which all inclusive guests receive a 40% discount on.
Our room was very comfortable and clean. The room attendant was always on hand if we needed anything. It was also a wow to come back to the room with some towel art.
In the evenings you can enjoy the in house entertainment, it is also a 5 minute walk to soho square where there are bars and shops.
Overall - we felt this all inclusive holiday was very good value with superb service throughout providing a very relaxing break!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jetsetter186220

Dear Guest,

I would firstly like to thank you for taking the time in expressing your views following your recent stay with us and for your kind and complimentary remarks.
I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay thanks to the service extended by our staff. I have shared you positive feedback with the staff and they were all pleased to hear your compliments.
Thank you for having stayed with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Far too many Russians, hotel is ok but would not rush back, food is dull, pool bar is dirty & smoking should not be allowed around the pool bar, soho square is the only evening thing to do, unless you head out to Nama bay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments , it is always very beneficial to us, to know how we are doing, and your comments is our top priority ,it lighten our way to success. We shared your precious comments with the management

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We have been going to this hotel for the past 10 years (twice yearly for 6yrs). The hotel has been undergoing some extensive renovations and the results are amazing! They are on the last section now by the infinity pool but noise is minimum and if you don't wish to be by the infinity pool then you still have the gym pool and the suite pool to go to which are both very quiet and away from any noise. The jackhammer noise is from the hotel next to the Hilton and they do work when they have the money; and yes it can be noisy from the work being undertaken especially by the infinity pool but this is not the fault of the Concorde Hotel.

Rooms - are cleaned daily by very conscientous young men with towel art - we had clean sheets and towels daily, nothing is too much trouble for them.

Fridge - this is provided purely for your own use and does not come stocked so there's nothing to pay for - we stock ours with tins of coke, tonic etc for using with our own bottles of bacardi and vodka etc, etc.

Staff - they are all absolutely fantastic with a ready smile and chat at any time and very, very helpful. Yes, they were slightly understaffed during our visit (16-30th May) but that is due to staff having their vacations just the same as us. They work 16hrs each day, 7 days a week so they are entitled to their vacations to visit their families in Cairo and far beyond.

Food - I will admit my husband felt it was not so good as has been in previous years and it could have been hotter. This was brought to the attention of the Executive Chef, however, they now have a new French Chef and I place this squarely at his front door and the fact that the choice of dishes is more to the taste of the russian guests. I personally have medical problems with IBS/Diverticulities, therefore all my food is cooked fresh by Chef Maged and is fantastic as I am not allowed any spices or pepper so I have no complaints whatsoever.

Entertainment - as usual, the entertainment team were great with some new routines and costumes. They also do gym aerobics; pool volleyball, beach disco etc, etc and work very hard.

New : There are more internal renovations going to be taking place within the main hotel area off Reception as they are planning a new Oriental Cafe opposite the Piano Bar and I am looking forward to seeing this when done.

We are currently looking to book our holidays once again at the Concorde el Salam for May & September in 2014.

Keep up the good work Mr Samir and Mr Serhat and please pass on our sincere thanks to all your fantastic staff.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, choose a room around the gym pool or suite pool.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hazel H
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hotel should be very good , however there are way to many bad points for me to recommend to anyone. The only way anyone could consider this to be 5 Star is a chav who has only ever being to Butlins and this is the first hotel they have seen outside Blackpool but to someone who is a seasoned traveller this is only a good 3 star at best. Having 3 to 4 holidays a year for the last 10 years all to very good resorts to compare and this is the worst yet.

The hotel is in a good location right next to Soho Square which is very bright and worth a visit , go to the Ice bar for a drink (£17.50 a head to get in with a drink included) and if having a meal expect to pay around £35 a head for a 2 course and 2 drink meal (beer drink) or pop to Narma Bay to the Hard Rock Café but be prepared to run the gauntlet as the traders will be at you from the moment you get out the taxi, which is good training for the shops in the hotel as the shop keepers there are nice the first couple of times you walk past but as the week goes on they get very aggressive because you don't go in their shop. Also everyday all day there are boat trip people constantly tapping you on the shoulder while at the pool or beach. (worst day we had 7 in 20 minutes)

There are some points that I must make, the hotel is catered for the Russians who are so rude its unreal and will literally take food off your plate with no manors at all. As there is only 1 eating place for all inclusive with very poor food, that is cleared out in minutes and not replaced with a dining area that is clearly under staffed as the tables are never cleared way or reset, this set the scene for the whole place as the hotel is dirty and understaffed. Don't expect a drink at dinner as you will be ignored unless you are a young lady with your cleavage on show.

As mentioned in other posts there is a lot of building work going on both inside and next door so you will hear banging all day everyday.

The staff are a little over familiar with the ladies which at times is very sleazy ,on Friday at the pool bar Ali who seems to like the woman stepped over the line a little to much as his manager slapped his face in front of customers and as one of our party was my 20 year old daughter who at first thought it was funny to be fussed over but as the week went on seemed to be stalked by the barman Shazny who became aggressive with her for constantly being told no to his advances ,I had to pull him to one side and tell him flat, to back off and leave her alone

Lastly all 8 of our party had dreadful illness that spoilt the holiday which also seemed to be the case for many travellers in the hotel.

All in all as I started I cannot recommend anyone to travel here , as the only way we had a good time here was due to the company we travel with. Sorry that I this is a negative report as holidays should be a wonderful time but the Concorde is far from wonderful

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank gtspeed15
Reviewed May 31, 2013

just returned from Concorde El Salam Front hotel at end May 13. Had a fantastic time there. Staff were so friendly and helpful. We have a 3 year old son and everyone was great with him. Special thank you to Waled our waiter who looked after us all week. Food was lovely and something for everyone. We tried the Sports hotel but preferred staying at the Front as the pool area and beach view were nicer. The hotel is built on quite a steep hill which was not a problem for us but maybe just a caution for anyone with walking difficulties.

We went on a couple of the day trips (snorking and quading in desert). They were fantastic value for money and a great experience. We used the sellers who come round the pool area. I was quite hesitant at first but they were all highly professional and experienced teams of trip organisers and these trips were cheaper than using First Choices options.

Loved it and will be worth paying a visit there again. 5 stars.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tracey G
samirrashwan2000, General Manager at Concorde El Salam Front Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent visit at Concorde El Salam and for posting your feedback. We are glad that you mentioned that you had a fantastic holiday.

Looking forward to welcome you back another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband I stayed at your Resort for the past 2 weeks. (May 15th to May 28th) We had a wonderful stay. First I would like to thank a couple of people. Bar Manager (stationed at Sport Lobby while we were there) Mr. Hesham was just outstanding and excellent service. Even we had to walk every day. Your Main Lobby Bar was ok, staff was good but your floor is just terrible and dangerous. Ahmed Main Pool Attendant outstanding service. The best part of your Hotel is your Animation Team and your evening SHOWS there are just wonderful, beautiful and professional. You do need to change your female singers they are terrible.
My last commend is about your Restaurant. First I have to say your staff is quite nice and very hard working. My daily routine was to answer in why I don't have a wraistband. Wow,no hello, no good morning just where is your wraistband? In reference to your daily Buffet I really would like to stress to improve your food. It's by far the worst I have eaten. The food is really not good please improve. We are looking forward coming soon again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I am always happy to receive comments from our guests, as it is always very beneficial to us, and to know how we are doing, and your comments is our top priority ,it lighten our way to success. We shared your precious comment with the management, looking forward to see you again soon.