“Great Holiday”

Concorde El Salam Front Hotel
Ranked #36 of 233 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have just come back from my ninth visit to the Concorde el Salem, again it did not disappoint. Unfortunately, on my first night, only having been at the hotel, I slipped off a step behind reception and severely twisted my ankle. Aziz and Mohammed down by the pool could not have looked after me enough, Aziz, on my first day at the pool, wrapped my foot in a towel with lots of ice to bring down the swelling, he also came with me to the Doctor to explain what I had done. For the next couple of days Aziz kept my foot in ice and kept ensuring that I was ok. Mohammed kindly put the parasol up as it was quite hot and I could not get in the pool. I would like to take this opportunity in thanking them for their kindness. I would also like to take the opportunity to thank Gomaa and his bar staff by the pool. Again once, when they had found out I had hurt my ankle and could not move about much, Gomaa ensure that periodically the other bar staff brought round refreshments. Aziz, Mohammed, Gomaa and the bar staff are a credit to the hotel. We are looking forward to returning again in the new future. My only negative comment is that after returning nine times it would be nice to be allocated nicer rooms instead of one that is still waiting to be refurbished. Anna, Alan & Russell

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank AntZ61
Write a ReviewReviews (3,722)

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The weather was great, the bed was huge & very comfortable and our room was spacious, nice & clean. We also appreciated the complimentary 2 litre bottle of water in our room every day.
Provided in our room were a mini fridge, full length mirror, plenty of cupboard space and a hair dryer in the bathroom. We would have appreciated a bath (it looked like there used to be one but it had been changed into a shower / wet-room.
We were a bit put off by how sales reps would come up and talk to you, trying to sell you excursions, massages and jewellery while lying on the beach or beside the pool (within the resort parameters). Not particularly relaxing.
We went for a massage which was lovely, but were disappointed that the calm, relaxing music was being played on a faulty CD player - the speaker cracking and wheezing - not very relaxing either!
These things however, did not bother us too much - but the one thing we found particularly disappointing was the food! The included breakfast buffet had plenty to offer, but not of particularly good quality. The fruit juice provided tasted watered down and the fresh extracted juices you had to pay for. There was a huge buffet area of pastries, but they all have the same stale taste. We found the milk jug at the cereal station empty every day (except 1 morning).
Our first night there we tried the dinner buffet, but was rather disappointed by that as well. Luckily there is a fabulous Indian as well as a Thai restaurant nearby at Soho Square, which we both highly recommend.
In the end, it's a lovely hotel to stay at, but don't go for the inclusive meal deals.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Quazilogic
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The resort is huge (730 rooms), divided into two structures. The first, facing the sea, (Concorde el Salaam) cozy, clean, with a coral reef EXCEPTIONAL accessible from a scaffold (no beach so). The second, Concorde Sport, located inside very well connected by a shuttle service with a great pool with slides (my son has much appreciated).
Positive Rating as a whole, courteous and helpful staff, spacious and well-maintained rooms. Council, if you can spend a little more, better take a sea view room rather than the full board. The view on Tiran Island is enchanting. The only flaw is the kitchen (the Indian evening is really to be avoided) shame because with a kitchen slightly more edible my judgment was totally supportive.
Further advice, learn a few words of Russian, the resort is practically a suburb of St. Petersburg.
Advice for managers: you have a great coral reef, do not close it in a cage avoiding swimmers to fully enjoy it just to allow the passage of boats at an ABSURD speed . Sooner or later, some disaster will happen.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Fabio C
samirrashwan2000, General Manager at Concorde El Salam Front Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent stay with us. I am very glad that you enjoyed the other theme nights and the international buffet, also it has been a pleasure to have you staying with us and we are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Concorde El Salam Hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Family with two boys 6 and 8 years, all inclusive. We were at Front Hotel (as opposed to Sport Hotel with no direct access to sea).

Family Suites are spacious and well equipped but bathrooms are just horrible. After the first night we changed to a king and twin room with connecting door and sea view at no additional charge! Bathrooms there a lot better, newer, cleaner but still far from perfect. However, you cannot expect the same level as at Concorde Paris or Berlin.

Staff is very friendly and helpful and will do everything to make you happy.

Buffet are rich with a variety of international and local meals. There were never empty bowls as staff takes care of adequate supply. Main restaurant has the widest choice of meals. The problem here is the sparrows i.e. the pillows on the seats on the terrace should see a washer from time to time. We spent every lunch at the restaurant at the seafront that offers "only" 4 different salads, 5 or six main courses, a soup and 4 or 5 deserts. This restaurant is bit more quiet, more personal and the view is great. We usually had continental breakfast at the Italian restaurant (all perfect) but did not feel the need to try lunch there although it looked quite appealing.

Three pools with different temperatures from 25 to 31 degrees celsius. Water clear, quality seems very good. No red eyes ever. All pools are maximum 1.2 meters deep. Plenty of towels. Drinks supply at all pools (softdrinks, beer).

90% of guests from Russia and Ukraine. Very cultivated, quiet and pleasant people. Our boys made friends with other kids. Haven't seen anybody seriously drunk but we mostly went to the room before midnight.

House reef is beautiful for snorkeling!

Now the big minus: There was this huge construction site in May 2013. There is a Hilton on the north of the hotel and next to this Hilton there is a construction site where they work with heavy machinery on solid rock. There is a permanent hammering noise. So, I would only go maybe in a year or so when the noise is over.

Room Tip: Better choose two deluxe rooms instead of family suite!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Andy W
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

The beauty of this hotel is worth a mention.I was absolutely taken away by its architecture and furnishings. Beautiful Egyptian masterpiece.
But that's not all, for I so loved the staff.
Their eagerness to help you, the way they politely greet you when you pass by them and Concorde' s generosity was touching.
The health club is lovely with enough equipment to keep you fit and their cuisine is lovely too.
I loved the fact it's near the airport which was awesome after a tiring flight.
I just wish they would add some computers in the crew lounge but the delicious fresh apples in the lounge were appreciated and so were the bitings for breakfast.
And there's free wifi all over the hotel ground,thanks.
My favourite staff was Sharif at the reception.
Thank you Sharif for your wonderful welcome to our group and we absolutely enjoyed our stay.
My compliments.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank SusanGitonga

Dear Guest,
Thank you for these nice and generous comments and for sharing your experience with us.
Indeed, our entire team does the utmost to take excellent care of all our guests and we aim to make everyone feel like home. We look forward seeing you again very soon

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just stayed for 7 days and would recommend this hotel to anyone and iv stayed in Hotels all over the World. Overall really good value for money and in a great location just 2 mins from Soho Square and 15 mins from Naama. Food is so-so as is the case in 99% of AI,s but there's always something worth eating. The pool is great and the snorkelling off the beach is out of this world! The entertainment generally goes above and beyond also. The rooms are great but we did stay in a deluxe so not sure what the cheaper ones are like. The staff, in every department are a credit to the Hotel and can't do enough for you and are always friendly. Only down-side, which isn't the hotels fault, is the Russians which make up about 75% of the guests. They are truly horrible, arrogant, rude and disrespectful. They talk to the staff like animals and at dinner in the last day one literally tried to tip me out of my chair so his fat wife could have it. This isn't an dramatisation, this actually happened. They are so bad that the staff give you special treatment when they find out your British. Please don't let this put you off though, as despite the Russians, this is still a great Hotel and I will be returning.

• Stayed: April 2013
5  Thank PrincessTink88

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent stay in Concorde El Salam Hotel, We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us and you were able to take advantage of our great location within Soho square and Naema bay. We truly hope to have the chance to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Hotel was spotless and the staff couldn't do enough for you really friendly. There is work going near by but did hear much think they are building two hotels down. I thought they the food was good always something to eat

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank eamesmob

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review, we are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and were truly pleased with the staff, food and the facilities available at the hotel.