“Our second home”

Concorde El Salam Front Hotel
Ranked #68 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We have been to this hotel 17 times now. Not boring as work hard and know you are going to get excellent customer care, good food and if you don't see what you want, the staff will have no problem getting it for you. The hotel is very clean and have cleaning supervisors monitoring the cleaners to ensure cleaning of a high standard. The most helpfull, friendliest and lovely people. They are genuine, funny and outgoing. Only problem is the Russians who treat the staff and Brits (well can I say - not nice). However, you just ignore them if possible, as the staff and amenities make up for it. The staff love the Brits and this is shown by the way in which they try their utmost to make your holiday so enjoyable. Nothing is a problem to them. We are there again for this Christmas and New Year and cannot wait as we know we will be treated so well.

Room Tip: If you book a room near by what is called the sports pool, this is mostly the Brits end. It is lik...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Hazel R
There are newer reviews for Concorde El Salam Front Hotel

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Where do I start!

10 night stay with family greatest ever!

Flight transfers straight to hotel door, checked in without any problems very welcoming and warming from all especially Ahmed and Mohamed at reception. We went for food first night returned to the room to find a gorgeous birthday cake for daughter, We were soon to our room which without any doubt was the most amazing ever overlooking one of the quieter pools, gorgeous view! The restaurant was one of the best all inc I have seen food quality was fantastic just repetitive week after week service by Mohamed, Sami and Waleed was exceptional! Evening entertainment was very good plenty to drink alcohol good considering most all inc this is a downside but all drinks ice cream till midnight was well appreciated! Beach very nice! Pools are fantastic swim up bar infinity pool what a view, quieter pools were a well deserved break if you want a relaxed sunbathing session, all pool staff were truly amazing!

Everyone within the hotel were outstanding to me and my family nothing too much trouble would go out of their way for you!

Russians we never had any trouble if any advice you ignore them they ignore you best way, the one incident we had was good a Russian women was very generous in sharing birthday cake and champagne with us followed by giving our 15month old a balloon so all in all not an issue!

Out and about soho square very nice 2sec walk away plenty of shops willing to haggle, part the holiday I say! Naama bay 15 mins in taxi 50egp each way but get hotel security to book was extremely easy and keeps it all safe, taxi drivers like a laugh just talk and they are fine! In Naama bay it's shops and restaurants very nice to see different environment!

Swimming with dolphins was truly magical and something we will never forget, we booked this through sharm happy tours a guy called Lido he was magnificent, visit his website sharmhappytours.com

We would defo recommend and simply say words cannot describe how sensational this holiday was!

We will be returning again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you soon!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Neil P
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The (front) hotel, as expected was of a very good standard. My room was described as one with a "pool view" - Realistically this simply meant it did not have a sea view and was pointing inwards toward a central area containing one of the swimming pools - but that was fine. However, the area around the front door was a bit scruffy, and some parts of the complex had refurbishment work going on - but this is normal in my experience and you are likely to encounter this in varying degrees wherever you go. The room was clean and everything worked properly. I did not use any of the pools so cannot comment on them. The bar staff were among the very best I have encountered. Food in the main restaurant was a little variable in interpretation - But to be fair, catering on a dining hall scale for multiple nationalities always is. As an 'all inclusive' hotel I would happily recommend it. At the time I was there, the guest population was dominated by Russian / Ukranian persons, who in the main both smoked heavily and ignored restaurant dress codes. It didn't bother me much as I spent a great deal of time either in or on the sea. Many cultures differ from ours and do not share the same sense of personal space. I did find one aspect of the service absolutely infuriating though - If you leave a dining table unattended even for a moment, it tends to get cleared and re-laid, which means whilst you get up and consider what you might like for dessert, your table becomes an 'empty' table for someone else to claim......irrespective of books left on tables, garments/bags on chairs etc..... nothing seemed to make the slightest difference. Family groups seemed to mitigate this by making sure the table was always attended -but they should not have to. The beach/sea/reef were excellent. Would I go back? Yes, I think I would. This hotel is VERY near the airport and whilst it is described as "only 10 minutes from the airport" that might depend very much on the route taken. It takes a lot less than that to reach the airport boundary. The air traffic seemed more obvious after dark, but I don't know if that was a reflection of atmospheric conditions or timetables. Either way, whilst I heard the air traffic I never found it bothersome in the slightest

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank andrewharris666
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My daughter and I speant 8 days at the hotel at the beginning of November for a bit of winter sunshine in the run up to Christmas.
We arrived after the restuarant had closed and where given a picnic bag prior to being shown to our room with had water, a sandwich, fruit and some very nice cake which I thought was a really nice touch.
Our room was on the ground floor over looking one of the smaller pools near reception and a short walk for the main pool and buffet. The rooms where very comfortable and clean, the air con was not as effective as it should have been but it did the job.
The main pool is lovely yes it is cold but to be honest when we where there it was so hot it was very refreshing to dip in. The pool and towel guys are really good always had a smile of there faces and ready for a chat. Lunch at the pool bar was also very good.
We where very lazy on our holiday and speant all of our time by the pool we did venture down to the beach once to explore but I found it over crowded and not as nice as other beaches I have been to in Sharm so we avoided it.
The main buffet restaurant put on a different theme each night and we never struggled to find anything to eat, the food was very good. The downside was trying to get a drink we waited 45 minutes for 2 glasses of water one night and most nights it was at least a 20 minute wait, all the waiters seem to fawn round the Russians the worst person being the lady that "greets" you as you go into the restaurant if you are not Russian don't expect any help at all.
Entertainment was put on my the animation team most nights and they where very good, whoever does their costumes for their dance shows does an amazing job. Unfortunatley the entertainment area is very small and unless you are sitting at a table by 6 you have no chance of seeing the show, again the Russians send their children down to sit at as many tables as possible to block them out, there just aren't enough seats for everyone who is staying in the hotel to watch the entertainment, a specific area way from the restaurant is really need.
Other areas include the Piano bar again you had to wait quite a long time for a drink but the guys in there are always cheerful.
The receiption staff where brilliant too and one night my daughter was struck down by egyptian tummy so I had to go out of the complex at 10 to go to the pharmay but the lovely man who was working on the concieigre that night drove me down in a golf buggy waited and dropped my back right outside my room - what a hero.
Over all a very nice hotel but the british are definately in the minority and because of that I would not visit again.

Room Tip: We where in room 1802 which is ground floor over looking one of the smaller pools but a good locatio...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank holidayhoney65
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have recently got back from a 11 night stay at the Concorde El Salam with my girlfriend and all I can say is that it was an amazing holiday. We were there from the 12 Nov to the 23rd and the weather was amazing. +30 everyday. However I will say if you go at this time of year and you like to sunbathe then start early as the sun is gone by 4pm. It is 30 degrees and 8am

The hotel itself is fantastic.We paid £750 for the 11 nights and I thought that was very reasonsable for the quality of hotel we got.

The food was excellent if not a little repetative and to be fair though there was always a large selection for breakfast, lunch and dinner so I cant complain. There is also a restaurant on the beach as well as a Italian restaurant which is also very nice.

The night time entertainment is varied but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Entertainment ranged from a Chinese Circus to Dancers and singers. There is also the Piano bar up stairs which is a great place to have a drink and take advantage of that all inclusive

There are 4-5 swimming pools which cater for all needs. The main pool which you see in most of the brochures is exactly how it looks in the photos. It is a very nice place to relax if not a little loud. This is the area where all the russians choose to spend there time so we opted for the smaller aqua gym pool which has mainly english people around it. I would just like to give a speacial mention to Mahamed the pool barman and Khaleed who is the lifeguard/towel man. They are very helpful and friendly and will do all they can to meet your needs. I had a many a funny talk with Mahamed

On the subject of Russians I have read on here alot of people complaning about them. I have to say we had no problems with them at all. They can be a little loud and a little weird but they are on holiday so there is nothing wrong with them enjoying their holiday

The beach is located just passed the main pool. If you are looking for golden sandy beeches then you will be disspointed but if you are looking for good diving, good snorkelling and warm water then this is for you. There is also a large selection of watersports and activities on the beech so there is plenty to do

The only bad things I can think off regarding the hotel are:

- The cleaners can be quite loud in the morning. At 7am its not appreciated. However, i must also say they do an excellent job when it comes to cleaning the room everyday and they will change your sheets and give you new towels everyday
- In the reception area there are several shops and the oweners of these shops are always trying to get you to buy somthing. I really did not like these men
- The guys that come to the pool areas and try and sell you water sports and beauty treatments can also be a little annoying

If you fancy a night out you have two options, Soho Square and Narma Bay. Soho Square is located less than 5 mins walk from the hotel and has a good selection of restaurants, bars and shops. This area is owned by the Savoy hotel so is very nice but can be slighty expensive depending where you go. I recommend the steak house above crytsal bar and the Indian restaurant for food and the queen vic pub is a good place to watch the football. One bar I do not recommened is fusion becuase it is a total rip off

Narma Bay is at most a ten miniute journey from the hotel. There is a shuttle bus that will take you there that runs at 8pm and 9pm and will pick you up at either 10 30pm or 11 30pm. If you choose to stay later then there are plenty of cabs. Regarding the cabs do not pay more than 60 Egyption which is £6.
In Narma bay you will find a vast selection of Restuarants, bars, nightclubs and shops. This is a very loud and bustling place and I have to say I loved it. There is always someone trying to get you in to their bar or shop but just say no and they will leave you alone. It is not like places like malia and Ibiza where they will chase you down the road. There is somthing here for everyone so if you want a quiet drink on a roof top or you want a night club open to the early hours then you will have lots of places to choose from.

If you choose to do an excusion i recommend the VIP Cruise. This is a all day cruise where they take you out to the small islands in the red sea and you go snorkelling around the coral reefs. They also feed you and supply you with umlimited soft drinks. The boat is very nice as well and is a great place to sunbathe if you dont fancy the snorkelling

Overall I highly recommend the Condorde el Salam and Sharm El Shiekh itself. I really would like to think that I will go back there one day

FANTASTIC HOLIDAY

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the Aqua Gym pool
3  Thank ChrisLeckie
Reviewed November 25, 2012

just got back on thursday last from ten nights at this hotel our fith trip to egypt but our first here and must say its the best one. we have been in march the other times but in november the sea water is much warmer and the snorkling is so wonderful its so good to see the hotel staff on the jetty doing there best to make sure people dont go near the coral or [as i saw] break pieces off of it a british tourist as well i was disgusted had a right go at him.
the rooms are lovely and akmed our room boy kept it spottless and made pretty flower pictures on the beds which was so sweet and i shant need to buy shower get shampoo or conditioner for months either! the pool areas are really nice with a view of the sea the staff there cant do enough for you but some of the older russians are so rude to them its dreadfull. the younger ones are lovely though must be something to do with the cold war! our first night there we watched some very good dancing beautiful costumes i was gobsmacked when i realized it was the amimation team there is entertainment every night. we went on a boat trip to tiran but i cant recommend it they take you out so far im a good swimmer but i was exhusted. and it was £40 per person. to be honest the snorkling on the house reef is much better. one very important thing if you get the start of a bad tummy go to the pharmacy and get some antinal stuff from home does not work i was ill the first three trip there till i found out about it so the minute i get there im straight over the pharmacy and take 2 a day and you will not be ill. usually and the end of a holiday i am keen to go home but not this time i cannot wait to go back again. JUST PERFECT.

Room Tip: all the rooms looked lovely
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
samirrashwan2000, General Manager at Concorde El Salam Front Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate all reviews, but the ones we enjoy reading the most are obviously the ones from guests who have spent a perfect time with us, like you did.
Thank you very much for your kind and detailed review and we look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable family holiday.
Samir Rashwan

Reviewed November 25, 2012

hotel was of good standed,but the pools was freezing and not heated,everyone complained.the sea was so much warmer.the food was ok somethink there to eat but hit and miss at times,not the best.staff cannot do enougth for you,always there with a smile read to help and serve you.russian rule this hotel but didnot spoil our holiday just play them at there own games.location to soho square is perfect only minutes walk out side of hotel.all rooms look ok, ours was big enougth and clean.all i can say is just enjoy yourself dont let the russions get you down and go with an open mind.nearly forgot the temperture was 40c by midday cooling down to 28c by 6pm with a light breeze in the evening.

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Concorde El Salam and for taking the time to write about us. I am glad that you enjoyed your holiday and were satisfied with hotel food, staff and property location I wish you had used our indoor heated pool or enjoyed the water slides in our heated pool in the sports area.
Samir Rashwan