“Lovely relaxing week!!”

Concorde El Salam Front Hotel
Ranked #68 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and i have recently returned from a smashing week at the Concorde. We booked in advance a beachfront room, which, though a little extra, was well worth it for the lovely views.
The hotel itself is always very clean, the gardens are well tended and the pool areas are spotless. we like the beach, and the one here, on 3 different levels, is spot on, though get there early before the Russians. The small jetty to the swimming area beyond the shallow coral is fantastic.
Evening enetertainment was very good, though we did spend most of our evenings strolling around Soho Square, which is literally paces away from the hotel entrance. Soho is lovely!! Very cosmopolitan, very very clean though a little more expensive than other resorts. However i feel if you want quality then you pay for it! We tried a couple of restaurants there, Chinese and Egyptian, and both were very nice. 70 quid for a decent meal, a bottle of wine and a couple of beers is'nt too bad in my eyes.
The food at the hotel, to be fair, was excellent. All of it always very fresh and lots of choice. We tried the beachfront Italian one night, for the buffet, and again it was all very nice. The beach bar serves very nice lunches and a good range of drinks too.
The staff are tremendous, even by Sharms standards!! Very friendly, always on hand, and always smiling.
All in all we had a lovely week in blistering sunshine, and would not hesitate returning, though we both do like to try different hotels.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms do cost a little more, but well worth it, trust me!!
1  Thank Shane D
samirrashwan2000, General Manager at Concorde El Salam Front Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your experiences of your recent stay at Concorde El Salam Hotel. It is always a great pleasure to receive such highly positive feedback, have shared it with all associates, they are glad to know that you had a very pleasant stay with us. Also we are glad to know that you did enjoy the high level of service provided by our staff
Thank you again for such a beautiful review, look forward to welcome you again for another pleasant stay.

There are newer reviews for Concorde El Salam Front Hotel

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The check in was OK; only 20 minutes from the airport so far so good... We arrived in the dark and were 'shown' to our room which was not the service I expect - we were taken to a point where the block could be seen and the porter/concierge just pointed to it and told us the room was 'in that block over there'. We weren't told what time food was served or given any information at all about the facilities. I'd booked the hotel to take advantage of the sports facilities but they were mainly in the other hotel that was across the road - this was not made clear in the brochure. However, due to an injury before the holiday I wasn't able to use them so I can't say what they were like although I would have found it very inconvenient to have to cross the road and try and find my way around the other hotel. No maps were provided to show where everything was.
The hotel is geared totally for Russians. They had different coloured bands and were given preferential treatment (although the rep said they paid a premium to get branded alcohol!). We were told that there was one visit to the on site Italian a la carte restaurant included in the AI package but when trying to book a visit were told we'd have to pay. Turns out green bands (non-Russian) only get a visit on Sunday evening, which is not very helpful when you fly from/to Stansted on a Sunday evening, meaning you can't book!
I didn't travel with children but was told the kids club was for Russian children only - I can't confirm this but if you are travelling with children I would double check before booking this hotel.
The beach towels were lovely and soft (and large) but the towel cards were numbered to your room which meant you could only return the towel to the place you got it. This was a pain if you collected your towel at the beach and later moved to one of the quiet pools. It was also hard to get a sun bed unless you got up at 0630 and claimed one with a towel or you bribed the attendant to reserve one for you. This was very annoying when the beds were often not used for more than 50% of the day but not available for anyone else.
Whilst there was plenty of food available nothing was labelled for vegetarians (do they have these in Russia?) so it was very difficult to be able to make choices and I ended up eating salad for most meals. Although the brochure says afternoon tea is available we never saw it and there were no notices in the hoteI or in the room indicating where it was served (we don't think it was!).
I have never been to a 5* hotel that didn't provide tea/coffee making facilities in the room - this was at extra cost (I was quoted 250 Egyptian pounds) which is ridiculous. Whilst water was available all day it was only in small plastic cups. At previous hotels in Sharm bottles of water have been available at breakfast to take for the day, which is a lot more convenient than having to keep getting up to fetch a small cup of water. (Although to be fair there was a large bottle of water left in the room each day - not the easiest to carry around though).
The shower screen was too small and it was impossible to shower without getting water all over the floor. For two days we didn't get a bath mat meaning we had to use one of the hand towels to mop up the very slippery floor. We had a small patio which got the sun very early (by 0630 it was hot enough to sunbathe) but to begin with we only had 1 chair and then later in the week no chair at all, although one did appear again for the last 2 days we never had 2 chairs at any point! On check out day I went back to the room just before lunch and found my key card no longer worked. I then had to go all the way to reception to find out why. Once I asked they quickly reinstated the key but I had pre-booked a late check out so the key card shouldn't have been cancelled.
Soho Square is very over rated and there should be a rep warning about the 'ice bar' which is a complete rip off (a very expensive visit to a deep freezer!).
I don't want this to sound all bad though - most of the staff were very friendly and the sun loungers were comfortable when you got one! The weather was superb (too hot at times) and the 'gym pool' was very quiet and relaxing. The free wi-fi in the piano bar was a bonus. Although very close to the airport there was very little aircraft noise.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Teresa S

Dear guest,
Thank you for your precious time you took to write your valuable comments, regarding the sunbeds, I assure that improvement of sunbeds problem is an ongoing process to satisfy our guests and we do agree that reserving of sunbeds and not actually using them is an unfair practise. We advise all guests that sunbed reservations are not permitted. Whilst the recreation team do their best to monitor and remedy any sunbed situation
We also have noted your comments and actions will follow.
We will be more than glad to welcome you back again and promise you will witness lots of improvements

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Here are some fair facts about our stay this week at the Concorde El Salam - Sharm
(Good and bad - I dont believe in writing a just bad review)

Firstly we arrived here with my parents and my new civil partner - ( we didnt advertise this fact to avoid being stoned. So many people thought we were just a family, best choice i think!)

Our arrival was good, the airport was seamless and trouble free, the hotel is indeed a very lovely and clean looking hotel, so no complaints there. However, when getting upgraded to a family room isnt always a good thing when you are techincally on a "honeymoon". We were upgraded apparently as a selection of guests get this "special treatment" however, it is no more that putting 4 of you in a suite to free up another room. Great if you are a legimate family. However, we were my mum and dad and my new civil partner, so we didnt really have room to negotiate the seemingly kind offer.

Rooms

The problem here was that the room we were given had the following faults
- 1 x Broken Safe, therefore we used my parents in their room.
- 1x Unusable bathroom(suite had 2 bathrooms) - Parents used ours for the holiday.... talk about cramping style!
- TV had low sound on all 3 sets in the apartment and only catered for Russian viewing

The rooms were clean and only stocked once a day with 2 bottles of water and rarely stocked with coffee and whitener , unless you tipped more than once.
My advice is to tip very frequently by leaving money under the water bottles as a hint and the same applies to the coffee etc... However, i would advise that you bring those Nescafe 3 in 1 sachets in abundance as to be fair, that would be the nicest brew you will get, as the creamer is foul.

Meal Times

In a word - AWFUL

They only cater for the Russians apart from a terrine of French Fries(as apparently thats all us Brits will eat!). The Russians have no concept of Respectful queing, manners, portion control.
The only chance you will get of getting a full plate of food is to get in there on time at the start of mealtimes and fight for it, and I mean - FIGHT FOR IT.

The staff often put out fresh fruit, but unless you are linford christie with hands the size of a baseball catcher, you will miss out. I witnessed a Russian woman fill a plate of 9 , yes 9! Bananas as the start of the meal and put in on her table. This is a frequent occurance and unless you are swift you will miss out. I patiently queued for 20 mins for a pizza to find a Russian woman had claimed it and went off with it and all the chef could do was shrug his shoulders and offer me another one, if i was prepared to wait another 20 mins! no thank you.( The reason for the 20 min delay was this pizza chef stopped the Pizza cooking to do some room service orders) so as you can imagine in the heat of the canteen and the delay then having your pizza nicked when you finally get it kind of ruins your cool exterior and temperament!.

There are several guys in the restuarant who are incredibly nice and the guy who serves you coffee in the morning is a good man who has a sense of humour. However, watch out for a guy called Islam who is a bit of a ladies man. He will do anything for you until he finds out that you are attached( we obviously had to claim boyfriends in the uk to get some private meal times together harrasment free) However, once we did this, he avoided our table like we had the plague as we were clearly not interested in his advances. So find the coffee guy and keep him. However, we did tip Islam in the beginning and rarely saw him anyway unless he was being cheesy, but as stated,that stopped when he found out you are not "into him" - Tip the restuarant people last in your stay.

Bar Staff

All of these guys are really great and are so helpful. However, we experienced incredibly slow service from one or 2 of the more mature aged fellows - until my father showed up in the bar. Having a male around certainly speeds up some service!. Some, not all of the Egyptian employees respond only to men as us ladies are the inferior sex (However, I am keen to express, this is NOT ALL of the Egyptian employees - Here are a few -

Look out for the following fantastic staff

Mohammed - Piano Bar and Pool waiter. This guy is superb. His customer care skills and amazing smile are all you need for a really good day. He is located around one of the quite pools near rooms that are numbered 2120 etc... he will get you drinks all day and he thinks for himself in terms of kindness. Please tip this guy he is fab. He also works the bar at night in the piano bar. He is fab.

Mohammed - Lifeguard - Again at the small pool as above. Nothing was too much trouble for him. He was a really nice natured guy who has the time to talk to you without the cheese!.

The guys down at the Beach boat bar they are all really nice and friendly, this place is a posh looking boat deck on the edge of the beach - It makes for a nice sunset drink before dinner. However, beware the " all inclusive" option here ends at 1800 and then you have to pay. You wil also find in the piano bar, only local spirits are all inclusive. So forget your Jack Daniels and coke unless you pay. However, the local Brandy is rather nice and warming in the evening.

Overall - Apart from the RUSSIANS!!! and the monotonous menu (themed nights - serve the same stuff but under a different nationality) This hotel is clean, well maintained and overall the staff are polite, give or take the odd cheesy gigalo.

Dont even bother trying to get a sun lounger by the main pool or beach unless you sleep on it from 2200 at night. As the Russians pay the pool guy to reserve them all. Stay by the smaller pools as you get a more intimate service and without kids jumping on your head all day or rubbing sweaty armpits in your face.

We had a very hot week that was a well earned rest. However,we would return to Egypt but maybe Cairo for more tours, but not to this Hotel for no other reason that the RUSSIANS. If the Russians holidayed in say Bagdad, then we would return here.

PLEASE PLEASE come armed with a lot of patience or a good set of sharp elbows to dig in some Russians. Dont forget your Nescafe sachets... I wished I had brought some as I am now at home and on my 12th coffee..

Room Tip: Noisy Air Conditioners in our room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Let me seize the opportunity to thank you for the precious time you took to write your detailed review, it is a great pleasure to know that you liked the hotel cleanliness, and the staff , and i wish you clarify that Concorde El Salam hotel where there are customers from different nationalities: British, Russian, Danish and so on ... However we apologize for any inconveniences you mentioned. I have relayed your comments about food variety and it is worth mentioning that quality and variety of food are considered our top priority, and our Kitchen Team is doing their utmost in order to please all nationalities.
Our main goal is that all our customers get a good service and be satisfied with their choice at the end of their stay.
We will pass on your comments to all staff, please be assured that we will take them all into consideration.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed here from the 3rd of Oct for a week, it was also my honeymoon!!! When we arrived we were given a cocktail on a love heart pillow, we definitely did not expect this. We were taken to our room in a golf buggy and when we entered we were immediately aware we had received an upgrade!!!! Our room was just above the beach with an amazing view of the Red Sea!!!! The food ,waiters and room staff were amazing, always smiling and polite! The towel art was amazing and room cleaned so well everyday!!!!! The reef off the jetty was also amazing, we definitely did not expect it to be quite as breathtaking, snorkeling is a must!!! As for the Russians, take them with a pinch of salt and don't expect them to hold any doors open for you, or for them to smile :) Would go back in the morning!!!!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing a portion of your honeymoon at our hotel. Our team loves the opportunity to be the host for our guests’ special occasions.

Your very kind words about the service, food, rooms and staff are very meaningful to all of us. I will share your feedback with our team.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for an anniversary trip.

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Ok put it into honest points.

Hotel. clean plenty to do :)
Pools. the main pool u have to get there early to get a sun bed it gets a bit tight. the sports pool and all the other little pools tend to have more room.
Beach. Hot and perfect
Food. Plenty or choice stay away from he fruit juice ull have a bad tummy.
Excursions. Brilliant give the quad and camels ago brilliant day out

Over all. First time I went to Egypt and I really really loved it x

• Stayed: November 2011
samirrashwan2000, General Manager at Concorde El Salam Front Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

We were delighted to have had you here with us and thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at Concorde El Salam Hotel.

We are pleased to know you have enjoyed our staffs’ exceptional service and our restaurants.

We look forward to the privilege of welcoming you and your family back in the near future.
With my best wishes,

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Having arrived in Egypt after a great flight out with easy jet a quick transfer to the hotel was just what is needed, its about ten minutes transfer time (if the airport terminal was on the other side of the runway you could probably walk -don't let that put you off as aircraft noise is hardly noticeable) I arrived at the hotel to a friendly welcome, I was quickly checked in and taken to my room, on route to my room the porter was explaining all about the hotel room and facilities which I feel was handy if you've not been to the hotel before, I was here this time last year and had a great time so decided to return again. I had booked a deluxe room which is nice and spacious clean and comfortable, however it was looking a bit on the worn side. The hotel is currently in the process of refurbishing all the rooms, a lot have been completed but I wasn't lucky to get one. The food is very repetitive but I am a very fussy eater but I found something each day, the pool bar serves hot snacks at lunch time which I found was really nice, the pool bar staff are great Emad, Ahmed and ibrahim they are very friendly and welcoming. Saying that I found all the staff to be friendly and helpful. The piano bar is a nice place to chill out after dinner or you can take a stroll down to Soho square where you can find a selection of shops, bars and restaurants there is also an ice rink and bowling ally that was fun. The hotel is a 5 star, this is an Egyptian 5 star not like you would get in Europe, I would say its more like a very good 4 star. When you visit Spain its mainly British and Germans at the hotels, in Egypt its mainly Russians and eastern block people, yes they are very arrogant and rude but that's just how they are.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Marky320

Dear Guest,

I would like to sincerely thank your complementary feedback on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay with us at Concorde El Salam Hotel.

I am very pleased to read that you really enjoyed our service and features around the hotel.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is a great all round hotel and having visited many others in Sharm and Hurghada, its the one we keep returning to. It wasn't the fanciest although there is an excellent renovation programme and the new piano bar and beach restaurant are really lovely. In terms of British standards I would say its a 4* plus but working its way up. What makes this place different are the staff who are so friendly and welcoming that we always feel instantly comfortable. Located in Sharks Bay its within walking distance to a small no of shops, bars and good restaurants if you fancy a change in Soho Square. There is also entertainment on most nights too. If you want a more lively holiday then stay in Naama Bay but its not for the faint hearted as its always so busy.

I would agree with the comment about the Russian invasion and hope that the hotel can redress the balance as it may be off putting to some people. Nevertheless, the rooms are spotlessly clean, the food was good and varied to suit most tastes and you can also dine a la carte at the new beach restaurant or in the Italian which was lovely.

There is a dive centre on the beach although you can snorkel on the house reef and see just as much at no cost.

There is now free wifi in the reception area which is very welcome and also available in Soho Square.

As well as standard pool / garden view rooms, they also have deluxe rooms which are more spacious and 2 bedroom family suites which are really huge.

We always come to this hotel in the winter for a relaxing chill out so if that's what you are looking for as well as decent food, clean rooms etc then this could be the one for you.

Room Tip: When booking, please ensure that you book Concorde Front as Concorde Sport is completely separate ac...
1  Thank lynncarr2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We were delighted to learn that you were pleased with the service and facilities provided at Concorde El Salam Hotel.

Thank you for making Concorde El Salam Hotel your destination of choice. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to in the near future.