“excellent holiday in a excellent hotel”

Concorde El Salam Front Hotel
Ranked #68 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed May 31, 2011

After mixed reviews about Egypt I decided to make my own mind up.
After a about a 10 minute transfer from the airport we arrived at Concorde and was amazed, it’s beautiful. We arrived at 10.00pm and we received a pack lunch which was basic but welcomed after a very long day.
The room we had was in the topaz rooms and they were very spacious, as was the bathroom. The room was cleaned every day with towel swans on the beds. You have a mini fridge in your room but you only get one large bottle of water a day.
The pool is gorgeous, feels alittle cold but that’s because it’s so hot outside, on our last day it reached 102!
The pool tempeture is checked everyday and it’s was 27 most days. The swim up bar, you can get all drinks in plastic beakers, burgers etc and ice cream, the vanilla is to die for.
You have towel cards which you exchange for huge yellow fluffy towels. As you would expect, sun beds do get reserved but if you got to the pool before 10am you'll get a bed.
We only went on the beach a few times, it sand is little stony. You have to get into the sea via a floating jetty as you do with must sharm hotels.
You do get guys selling trips and staff from the health spa selling beauty treatments and massages around the pool. Once you get abit of colour and they know you’re not interested they will leave you alone. They are very friendly and don’t try to stuff it down your throat.
We went on the quad bike trip and the 3 hour boat trip which was run by bobo's. They were both worth the money, esp the boat trip. We even seen dolphins which were amazing, the captain kept the boat out an extra 30minutes so we could see them.
In the main hotel all drinks are served in a glass which is great. The waiters in the piano bar are great, give them a small tip and they will keep the drinks coming. The wine is very strong as I found out one night but my partner said the lager wasn’t but was still a good drink.
The food was great. There was something for everyone. You couldn’t fault it. On breakfast and lunch time it is the same spread but there is plenty to choose from. At breakfast there is a chef cooking fresh eggs and omelettes, and much more. You can tell everything is fresh.
All chilled food is kept on ice to keep it ultra fresh. We even had roast beef and Yorkshire puddings on the Sunday! The puddings were really nice, plenty of choice.
The entertainment was great by the animation team but once you've been there a week you will have seen it all. The singer is great but as more Russians came he would sing more Russian songs. He seemed more for them but maybe that was because they were all up dancing having a good time.
There is a nightclub that opens up at 11.00pm but as the all inclusive ends at 12.00 you will need to pay for any extra drinks.
There was alot of Russians on the 2nd half of our holiday, they can be rude but not all of them. We did have a time when they were reserving a table with hats, bread rolls, and keys and coming down around 9pm to watch the entertainment but after bringing this to the manager’s attention it was soon sorted. If you want to see the entertainment you'll need to be outside for around 7pm to be able to get a table.
The hotel is a few minute walk from soho square which is beautiful. It’s more up market than narma bay and you get no hassle at all. They have free entertainment on and the waterfall even has a musical show. The hotel does have a free bus to narma bay which will take you and bring you back. You do get alot of hassle down there, I wouldn’t go on my own. Their all trying to get you into their shops and bars and will even chase you down the street talking if you get into convo with them. It is something to see, there are loads of bars and shops, McDonalds, KFC, starbucks etc.
I would defo recommend the Concorde el salam, it is a beautiful hotel, great service, gorgeous food and great location! I would defo go back as it was a great holiday.

13  Thank katyon84
samirrashwan2000, General Manager at Concorde El Salam Front Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2011

Thank You very much for the time you took to write about us.
it was great pleasure for all of us reading your valuable and precious comments as it made us all more proud that our hotel, services , pool met your expectations ,as i was very glad that you have enjoyed your quad trip too .
we are all waiting to welcome you back again, hoping it will be very soon for more joyful and memorable holidays in our Concorde El Salam Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Concorde El Salam Front Hotel

Reviewed May 30, 2011

We have just returned from our third trip to the Concorde, having previously stayed at the Sport ,we stayed at the Front Hotel on this occasion and we were not disappointed.On arrival we were upgraded to deluxe rooms , which were perfect for access to Reception, the main restaurant and the marvelous Infinity Pool.
The hotel for the first few days was exceptionally quiet and you could basically "pick your spot and your sunbed"
by the pools.Despite the lack of guests the staff where, as usual, absolutely superb with the guests and most were exceptionally friendly.I would like to recognise the following staff who helped to make our stay a memorable one..Sam deserves a special mention from the Sport pool bar. We met him on our last trip and he welcomed us back with open arms and his usual sense of humour.!Thanks mate
.I would also like to mention the Chef at the
Sport poolbar who prepared me the freshest salads with care and attention and a genuine satisfaction for creating me a meal which I wasdelighted with.I am only sorry I did not get his name, but he came to gather feedback on each occasion he prepared a meal for me - he is a credit to the establishment.Try his tuna salad - it is exceptional !
I must point out that I believe the service across the board this time was not what it was before and I think that this is largely due to the reduced staffing levels due to the current drop in visitors.The Italian rstaurant which we were really looking forward to, was a disappointment and offered a significantly less choice in dishes and a poorer quality of food at lunch.
The addition of three water slides at the Sport has ensured that this is an improved option for famililes and what's more they are great fun!!
The infinity pool bar as usual did not disappoint and special thanks to Ahmed and
Whaled who entertained us and looked after us during our stay.Further thanks to our room attendant who showed genuine concern for our families welfare and delivered an excellent standard.All the guys in the upper bar adjacent to reception but a special mention to Ahmed - affectionately known to us as the "
Ginger Ninja" who was friendliness epitomised.I would also like to thank Veronica from guest relations who helped to validate our satisfaction and offered an upgrade to even better service on any further visits to the hotel.It is nice to be valued as a customer!
Overall, if you are looking for a relaxed family holiday to Egypt with good food,relaxed surroundings and a high quality level of customer care - look no further than the Concorde!A special mention to all the wonderful people we met during our stay! Enjoy !

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank Lamby64

Thank You very much for the time you took to write about us.
I am glad knowing that you liked your deluxe rooms, the main restaurant and the Infinity Pool. Sport pool bar
and that our staff met your expectations, and that you liked the three water slides that we added at the sports hotel
kindly be informed that I shared your valuable comments with all staff members that you have kindly mentioned, as they were very delighted that your Overall impression was good, that you have enjoyed your stay and that they met your kind expectations.
We are all waiting to welcome you back again , hoping it will be soon

Reviewed May 26, 2011

I have just returned from a weeks stay for the 2nd time at this hotel and enjoyed it as much as the 1st time.

As I have been before I knew what I expected and I wasn't disappointed. When we arrived we got a beachfront room upgrade which was had an amazing view. From what we saw the majority of british guests were towards the front of the hotel as there was a little bit of refurbishment going on towards the rear of the reception area, but never caused us a problem and couldn't here it at all.

The food was excellent and there was always plenty of choice available. We visited the Italian restaurant (not included in the all-inclusive package) for 1 dinner and it was definately worth it. All-inclusive guests get a 40% discount and was lovely to sit right on the beachfront. It was just a shame that more people didn't use it as it wasn't expensive and the food quality was definately worth every penny.

The service of the staff in the hotel is outstanding, from the waiter in the restaurant to the room cleaner. Never expecting a tip, and always able to get you anything you wanted.

The hotel itself is great for adults and couples, but if were taking kids and they liked to have lots to do, then maybe stay at the Concorde Sports section (across the road) as they have more to do for them.

The location of the Concorde hotel is brilliant. It about 10 minutes from Naama Bay (hotel offers free shuttles), where you can do shopping and eat out if you'd like. The only downside with Naama Bay is that as there aren't as many tourists as previous years, and you are therefore more likely to get hasseled, but saying no if enough. Soho Square was much more pleasant. It was a 2 minute walk from the hotel entrance and perfectly safe. Shops selling similar things to those at Naama Bay - without the hassle, I would definately recommend this area, even heard people from other hotels saying how nice it was.

Overall I would definately go back to this hotel again, and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Request room number 5224 - on beach, near to pool
  • Stayed: May 2011
10  Thank sallyb_22386

Thank You very much for the time you took to write about us.
It was great pleasure knowing that you have enjoyed your 2nd stay in our hotel as much as you have enjoyed your first, and that you have enjoyed the beach view of your room, the food choices, the service of our staff members which we consider a treasure to our hotel, as our main aim and top priority is our guests satisfactions.

waiting to welcome you again in Our Concorde El Salam - Sharm El Sheikh Hotel

Reviewed May 26, 2011

This I have to say was and amazing trip great staff fab location. The only down side was the bar supervisor on the beach who didn't understand the word no!!!! who smoked inside where they were serving drinks and fruits. He made me feel very uncomfortable and was very rude to other staff!!! which is really sad because apart from that this trip was the best I ever had.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank Maysmith28

Thank You very much for the time you took to write about us.
I was Glad knowing that the overall impression of your trip and holiday in our Hotel was good, kindly be informed that we took your comment seriously , as our aim and main target is to make our guests satisfied with all our services and personels too.
We are all waiting to welcome you back again , hoping it will be soon

Reviewed May 24, 2011

This is the only hotel we have visited where we would return again & again.

Rooms - very spacious, massive beds, dressing table, TV, drinks cooler, large wardrobes. cleaned daily!

Pool - Think there was 3 - The main pool has stunning views of the sea over to Tirran Island. You do have to be up about 8:30am for a lounger though!

Food - lots of choice for breakfast & lunch! Main resturant on evening was sometimes a bit 'samey' but they do open the italians on a sunday evening, you have to pay for drinks but so worth it!

Staff - super friendly! Tip them with $1 notes & they'll come to you every night with your drinks!

Bars - My favourite was the shisha bar which is on a veranda next to the gift shop. only about £2 in english money for a shisha pipe served by the very friendly Hussein. Sit on comfy Egyptian cushions & rugs & look out to the sea - bliss!

Room Tip: If there's any faults they'll move you!
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jet-setter-S90

Thank You very much for the time you took to write about us.
I was very happy and honored while reading your valuable and detailed descriptions of our facilities, services , pool view staff and even bars.
As I was very glad knowing that the overall impression of your stay in our hotel was good and that we met your expectations
We are all waiting to welcome you back again for more joyful holidays.

Reviewed May 24, 2011

always wanted to go to this resort and glad we did ,had a great holiday ,staff are so friendly and helpful and not just for tips ..............food was good every night ,drink and
snacks were great also , the pools were amazing and clean ,rooms were very nice and clean also ...............everything at the hotel went smoothly and efficiently form check in to check out. If we get another deal for here we will definitely come back ,ahmed and waleel at front pools were great and also aziz at restaurant area great lads all .....
cannot wait to go back...............

3  Thank davyfromayrshire

Thank You very much for the time you took to write about us.
I was glad knowing that you have enjoyed your holiday in our Hotel, as you liked our snacks , the pools, rooms and that our staff and services met your expectations I would like to inform you that I shared your valuable document with Ahmed and Waleed at front pools and also Aziz at the restaurant area as they were very happy and proud that they met your expectations
we are all waiting to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed May 23, 2011

Have just returned - and have already looked to see when we can go back! The hotel is great- I loved the attention to detail. A bonus was the gratis upgrade to a superior room as the hotel was not full. Thick mattresses on the sun loungers/fluffy towels, immaculately clean, lovely staff who did not once expect a tip, and good food too. Even the fussiest of eaters should be able to find something to their taste. As a six times veteran of Egyptian AI you need to be realistic about the food - and not expect michelin star standard - but it was very very good. The mark of a good AI - we got to thursday and had only spent 4 GBP to buy a cap for my partner! We chose to go to Naama - and wished we hadn't as we were hassled - they're desperate to get you into the bars & shops as it has been so quiet following the troubles. You do expect some approaches - but it is really out of hand I think. We had only booked for a week and to be honest could have spent the entire week on the hotel site. Soho Square is right outside the hotel - and is worth a look around (although obviously no good for bargain hunters), nicely thought out with a selection of bars and shops - I understand the shop/bar owners are not allowed to hasle you - and it made for a much nicer experience in my opinion. The Italian restaurant was a bonus - we lunched and sampled the Al a carte evening menu too - ehanced by a John Williams guitar guy in the corner - really lovely, (very romantic!) My fav spot in the hotel was the terrace upstairs near the current Piano Bar - G & T at 5pm in the shade - total bliss. As ever, the entertainment wasn't up to much - the Russians seemed to like it - but that wasn't really of any interest to us.

I understand a new piano bar is under construction and also a fish restaurant - so can't wait to see what they're like when we return later in the year. There is some renovation taking place around the Aquagym pool - but it didn't really intrude on our holiday, and there are plenty of other places if it did start to get noisy.

Can only rate the whole week as excellent!

2  Thank GeordieGirl2
samirrashwan2000, General Manager at Concorde El Salam Front Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2011

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for the time you took to write your kind comment.
First of all, kindly know that i was extremly glad knowing that you started looking to come back to our hotel; although you have just returned hom your holiday in our hotel.
as i was very happy knowing that you have enjoyed our services and that it met your kind expectations.
as i was happy that you have enjoyed our Italian restaurant and its romantic environment with the guitar player.
we are all hopefully waiting for your next visit , to see and enjoy our piano bar and beach bar after the renovation , and for more joyable and memorable visits.

Concorde EL Salam Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, Executive office