“Fantastic views, good service, lovely staff”

Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Ranked #15 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Jordan
“Fantastic views, good service, lovely staff”
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I originally intended to stay 5 days in Sharm but extended to 8 because we were enjoying ourselves. After check in, the Guest Relations Manager Mr. Ziad, escorted us to our room and explained the facilities and activities in the resort. The hotel is arabesque style; our room was very clean and everything was in working order. All the rooms have balconies facing the sea...the views are breath taking. The gardens are well maintained, large pool, a pergola that sits on a hill and extends out towards the sea, where you can relax and enjoy the views of the coastline and Naama Bay. The 5 separate beaches have watersport activities or if you prefer you can just chill out. The hotel location is the best in Sharm because of its elevation and proximity to the sea and Naama Bay. There's a fully equipped gym and health club where the staff will pamper you. Lobby area has free wifi. The breakfast has a full range of high quality food, including a fantastic fresh juice bar, imported jams, and delicious croissants. I'd like to give a big thanks to: Guest Relations Mr. Ziad, Food and Beverage Manager Mr. Elsaid Basioni, Mohammad at the Indian Restaurant (best in Sharm), Breakfast Manager Mr. Nageeb, Head Waiter Mohsen and the girls Azza and Aya, for their great service and hospitality. The staff extended themselves to make our trip very enjoyable and we want to return soon. I'm glad we chose this hotel, it's a gem. Lastly, Sharm AlSheikh is very safe and the locals take good care of foreign tourists.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mags340Jordan
Mr_Alain_Chatel, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear Mag340Jordan,
Thank you very much for you positive comments posted while staying with us. I have of course passed on your nice words to all my colleagues. It is so nice of you to bring the security aspect of the hotel and of the destination. Unfortunately, a lot of people are still cautious about coming to the Red Sea. Hope you are now one of our ambassadors and spread the word around. Best regards and looking forward to welcome you back very soon.

Best Regards
Alain Chatel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Great spot for chilling lovely staff very helpful. Nothing too much trouble sat in reception now on free wi fi super massages in the spa.
Aqua aerobics exhilarating too!
Food at breakfast offers a good variety even make porridge for you with water only when requested!
Would come back.
Stephanie Mills Current resident at hotel

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Steph M
Dear Stephanie,
Thank you very much for your nice posting while staying with us. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and have passed your comments to our Spa Manager and other colleagues. Our Chefs are always ready to make special food for our guests whatever it is special porridge, fat free or other diet dishes and I am happy you could appreciate it. Looking forward to welcome you back very soon.

Kind Regards
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Good points
• Fantastic location
• Beautiful hotel
• Free shuttle bus to the airport
• Great pool
• 5 private and clean beaches
• Great restaurants with fantastic food - excellent breakfast buffet
• Clean and well maintained facilities
• Great room service
• Free books to read by the pool
• Free wi-fi in reception
• Big TV in the room, with lots of channels
• Competitive hotel prices
• Only a 15 minute walk into town

Bad
• There are flies around the outside dining area of the restaurants – needs electric bug zappers installing
• Restaurant prices don’t include taxes and compulsory service fees, which is confusing. Restaurants in town have these prices included in the price, which is much easier. The hotel should do this too.
• The restaurants are much more expensive than ones of the same standard in town.
• There’s too many sales people around the pool and beaches
• The bathroom had loose/broken fittings, including toilet roll holder, toilet lid, and hairdryer mounting. Also the plug in the sink wouldn’t click down, so you couldn’t fill the basin with water.
• On a few days there was a smell of sewage around the pool.

The bad points are all fairly minor and could (and hopefully will) be easily fixed in the coming years. Overall I would highly recommend the resort, we have a fantastic time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Robh32
Mr_Alain_Chatel, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Robh32,
Thank you very much for your very nice report and constructive remarks that I have discussed with my concerned colleagues.
Sure you will find most of your comments addressed when you stay with us next time.
Looking forward to welcome you again very soon.
Best regards
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

This is my second time for me in this hotel and my first time was from 2 months ago , it was an amzing vacation i did my resrvation with mr wael khalifa in a very fast and easy way thanks for him , and i felt this time like i m in home the guest relation mr ziyad abd elrahman welcoming me in a very nice way he helped me scince i reached the hotel till i left , and my room this time was amazing with sea and pool view , and also he helped me in making a reservation in all hotel activities , and even he send me a greeting for my birthday , and also the general manager mr alan send a welcoming note in my room really i appreciate the respectful an warm treatment from all staff and definetly i will come again

Stayed December 2013
Dear Trip advisor Member,
Thank you very much for your nice comments that I have shared with my colleagues.
I am happy to see that you have enjoyed again your stay with us and became one of our numerous regular guests.
I am looking forward to welcome you back very soon to our Resort.and to have the pleasure to meet you personally.

Kind Regards
London
Reviewed December 8, 2013

The views from this resort of the sea and the bay are just simply amazing, the pool is large and enough to cater for guests. The pool area was quite as we went end of November and generally that was the case all over the resort. Most guest were on the choices of 4 private beaches which is accessed via the grounds past the pool and breakfast restaurant. They are small though and i can imagine when its the busy periods it would be very congested. The hotel is built on hill so there are alot of steps to go up and down to get around the resort, although this was not a major issue for us i can imagine if you had young children or mobility problems this could cause some issues. The hotel is up a private road which takes 10mins to walk to the main road where there is a small supermarket and macdonalds (15mins walks). Naama Bay is walkable via the hotel where there is a path near the Liwa restaurant this is part of the hotel so no random strangers are there, however it comes out along the promenade and you would probably need to ask some locals where the main bit of Naama Bay shops and McDonals, Hard Rock, Pizza Hut, KFC & TGIF are. We got taxi from the resort which dropped us outside the main bit, the Taxi to Naama Bay from down the main road (walking 10mins from hotel) is around 10 to 15 EP the hotel was extremely expensive. However as it was just me and my husband and we was alittle paranoid about getting cabs from the main road being just 2 of us we stuck to resort taxi service. They were lovely guys the range of cars were always clean and always on time. Recepetion Staff were all very friendly all the time, special thanks to Basseem Emad who made our trip most enjoyable and helped us with local information to shopping places etc. Hotel is really clean and free Wifi in reception is great where we often sat and caught up with staff and also emails facebook etc. We dined at Rangoli indian restaurant which was really nice food and reasonable priced. Breakfast for vegetarian wasnt that great but my husband eats meat and he said there was plenty of choice. However we noticed even though they serve breakfast till 10.30 the food was never replenished after 9;30. We went down for breakfast every day between 9.30 and 10am. I had oranges all of twice in 7 days as they just didnt seem to cut up any more, they were really nice. The cossiants where limited by time we went down and as i said they didnt seem to refill. The staff all over the resort where amazingly friendly and that was nice. Hotel supermarket does not stock water to purchase so if you needed it you would need to purchase from hotel or from outside like we did. The AC in the room left on most the day would cause a damp feeling when we got in bed which i didnt like after few nights. We opted to leave it on Fan in evenings so when we came back it would not be too bad, not sure if it was due to us going in winter month and not that hot. Overal this hotel resort it great to chill out relax and destress which is what we went for. Thanks for the memories.

Room Tip: Higher Rooms have amazing Views, there are no upgraded rooms all face the pool really and most have...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Varsh V
Mr_Alain_Chatel, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Varsh,

Thank you very much for your nice review and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and have passed on your comments to all my colleagues.

I have discussed your very constructive comments with my colleagues and I am sure it will help us to improve further.

I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon.

Best regards
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Where do I start?my whole two weeks stay at Mövenpick in sharma a total pleasure.being my first visit to eygpt,I am so pleased we picked this destination for a lot of reasons.being so close to the airport,the hotel it's self on arrival is totally fantastic,the personal beaches it has,the swimming pool area is superb and all facilities it has around the pool.plus all the sea activities that are available to you at beach one.plus the food was to die for,all food was of top quality and it has a large number of top chefs.the work and the quality is at a very high standard.we also have a very special thank you to Sayed. Food and beverage manager.total gentlemen. Very hands on and very professional. Our number one man was helmi,hard working,always hands on and always came to the table with a smile.hassem and hani attended to me to,nothing was no trouble.very superb and professional strong team.we in England could learn a lot from this fantastic team that you have .Total pleasure. The pool bar staff,hands on.nothing no trouble.a special thank you to Ahmed.always smiling,always on the go and always to please all customers.a credit to you.a big big must when you stay at this wonderful hotel,is the first class top notch Indian restaurant with wonderful views.the food was at such top quality.the best indian meal I have ever ate.shabana, you are a legend.we would love you to come to England and open loads of restaurants.a very special thank you to sherif for the hands on and service he gave.very professional . reception staff always attentive,all security guards top chaps. Now that brings me to the bar in the reception. A total pleasure to of met two wonderful hands on very hard working and very dedicated staff members.nabil,and waleed.i miss you guys very much.many nights and days of total happiness. Hope you guys are there for when I visit in October 2014.which brings me to our room.2510.wonderful.everything perfect.and the room was cleaned and washed daily to a very high standard.these guys work so hard.my man and number one chap,rida. Me and my wife feel in love with him.always smiling and happy.nothing was no trouble,and the wonderful things in the room when we returned with all the towels.fantastic.my wife's birthday was on the sixteenth of November hence the holiday to Mövenpick.rida kindly placed flowers in the room and on the bed.my wife was thrilled.me and my wife send you our kindest regards. Hope to see you October 2014. Which brings me to the general manager,a large Thank you to you for all the high standards you have at your hotel.total quality. I hope all staff will be there for when my wife and I return.if you have never been to eygpt or stayed at Mövenpick,it's truly your loss.its a big must.my last words.was truly sad to say good bye to Mövenpick hotel and eygpt and all the wonder staff.see you in October 2014.love to you all.x

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carl C
Mr_Alain_Chatel, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Critchlow,

Thank you very much for your nice posting.

It was a real pleasure to have you with us during you vacation and to celebrate your wife birthday.

All the Team is overjoyed by your comments and I it is a great reward for them.

We are all looking forward to welcome you back in October next year and it will be a great pleasure to see you again.

Best personal regards
weirdfish2
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Just returned from two great weeks at the Moevenpick, lovely hotel with great staff. We travelled as a family of seven people, three generations. We were made to feel very welcome, great staff, nice rooms at pool level. Food was good, had a trip around the kitchens with the Executive Chef, the were very impressive and spotlessly clean, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.
Our only gripe was that spirits were not included on our all inclusive package, missed my G&T before dinner otherwise the local wine was ok and the horizon bar has the best view in Sharm.
Very convenient for Oonas dive club which is the best dive club in Sharm.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank merrion-owner
Mr_Alain_Chatel, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Merrion-Owner,
Thank you very much for your nice comments. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you will recommend our beautiful Resort to anyone.
I am pleased to inform you that local spirit are now included in our “All Inclusive” Package and that includes of course Gin & Tonic.
One more reason to have you back with us very soon.
Best regards and looking forward to welcome you back.