“excellent”

Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Ranked #10 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed November 9, 2013

just perfect.to relax or to have fun.very clean good food and service friendly staff. nice and large rooms
big clean pool and beach.
one of the best view you will see, from every part of the hotel.
i definitely recommend this hotel as i told excellent!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Armen A
Mr_Alain_Chatel, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Armen,
Thank you very much for your nice comments that I have passed on to my team.
We am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and are looking forward to welcome you back very soon.
Best regards
Alain Chatel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,453)

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Great location for a peaceful vacation or a short walk to were the excitement is. The hotel is also very secure, at night they check who is coming in from the board walk so not anyone can come in.

The beach was amazing for snorkelling, the coral and beautiful fish were right there, for people that don't like to swim and want to get a taste for what the rest of us get to see, you can drop your face right in the water and see amazing fish!

The food was good. The normal breakfast buffet was okay. You can order lunch on the beach and it was fine too. For dinner you can choose to eat on the board walk out side the hotel but the hotel has a great Indian restaurant that I highly recommend. The food was great there, mmm butter chicken!

I found the staff to be very helpful and polite.

Room Tip: A lot of stairs, book a lower room if you have mobility problems. The higher rooms have a nicer view...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle S
Mr_Alain_Chatel, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Michelle,

Thank you for your nice posting that I shared with my colleagues. Happy that you appreciated so much the hotel and enjoyed snorkeling in our live aquarium (that is the way a guest called our seashore last week). I passed on your comments to Chef Raj who is waiting for you in Rangoli Indian Restaurant on your next break from busy Cairo.
Best regards and looking forward to welcome you back very soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 31, 2013

So pleased to find this hotel. It is in a great location just at the edge of Naama Bay, where you feel secluded, though are only a 15 minute walk along the beach front into town. The views over the bay are lovely and the sunsets from the pool and Horizon Bar especially stunning.

The property is set directly onto four small private sandy beaches which give access to fantastic snorkelling. As soon as you step into the water there are the most beautiful fish to see and there is a large area for you to snorkel and experience the coral and its amazing inhabitants.

The staff are extremely warm and friendly which makes such a difference. Many were kind and helpful throughout the week but special thanks to Magdy, Mohammad Ali and the reception team. Also to those in Rangoli Indian restaurant, which serves delicious cuisine.

A great resort and would love to return again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Mr_Alain_Chatel, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Wendy,

Thank you for your posting that I shared with my colleagues. Happy that you brought back such beautiful memories from Sharm to, I guess, cold London! Thank you to praise the team. They are great and I really enjoye to work with them. Best regards until we welcome you back.

Best Regards

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I visited sharm at 14 oct till 18 oct my visit were not to be completed in the absence of Ziad Abdel Rahman Guest relation, this wonderful man helped us a lot to enjoy our stay there with his professional way and his easy smile that did not leave his face, reflecting perfect image of the Egyptians ,in addition ,the hotel and the beach was amazing and all the people working there very friendly the food was tasty the room was clean and also Wael Khalifa the reservation manager was very friendly and flexible and everyone there make sure that we had everything we need I Recommend everyone to visit movnbick , service is really great and the view is superb

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Mr_Alain_Chatel, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Moevenpick Guest

Thank you for staying with us and your valuable feed-back which is much appreciated and for recommending our resort to anyone coming to Sharm El Sheikh!

seems overall you enjoyed your stay with us and services provided. I'm particularly pleased to read that you were satisfied with the service of our team,.

pleasure to share your comments and positive experience with our colleague in particular with those employees who you have identified by name.

looking forward to welcome you back again to our resort in the near future, please contact us at your convenience if we could be of any assistance.

Sincerely and with kind regards

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I just visited Sharm and we stayed at the Movenpick and we absolutely loved it. Hotel is fascinating, very good location and the service was amazing. Our guess relations Mr.Ziad is very helpful and valuable to the hotel. He makes you feel welcomed snd makes sure the hotel meets your needs. Also the purpose of my trip was to Dive and they have a diving center at the beach area where you find the Amazing and well experienced diving instructor Mr . Ahmed Kanan he made our trip unforgettable with all the amazing things we got to see on that side of the red Sea. I really enjoyed and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013
Mr_Alain_Chatel, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Moevenpick Guest,

Firstly, I would like to personally thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience on your recent stay with us and for recommending our resort to anyone coming to Sharm El Sheikh!

We couldn’t have asked for a more positive review, we wish we had the chance to host you for a longer stay.

As we read, you virtually enjoyed each and every amenity we offer. In order to provide this atmosphere, it is most important to have your constructive feedback which is very valuable for us to know.

Pleased to read that our Colleague Mr. Ziad From the front office and Mr. Ahmed Kanon Diving instructor was up to your expectations, Will make sure to pass your comments to them.

I truly hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance in the future.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed October 22, 2013

It was an amazing vacation. The place, the staff, the food. Everything was just wonderful. Special thanks to Ziad Abd El Rahman, he is the relation officer. He was amazing, very helpful and super nice. I will definitely go back.

Dear Moevenpick Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your feedback following your recent stay at Moevenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh.

It is very kind of you to recognize Mr. Ziad our guest relation officer and his hard work. I will share your comments with him and I am confident that he will be delighted to hear that his efforts have been appreciated.

Last but not least, we would be very pleased to welcome you back to our resort in the near future, please contact us if we could be of any assistance in the meantime.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed for a week during Eid vacation “Moslem’s Grand Bhairam "with my whole family. Despite Being Egyptians, we booked 4 rooms for a charge which is far exceeding that offered to foreign tourists Due to high Season. That's basically because Hotels tend to make up for the low occupancy during low season “due to current security situation”.
The location is nice; overlooking Naama bay, property and facilities are excellent beaches and pool are awesome.
Front desk Manager Mr. Mohamed Hassan was very helpful, he accommodated all our requirements despite not having notified hotel of same before arrival and despite arriving early before normal check in time, our rooms were ready in short time .
Lots of stairs and the building is like a maze you could get lost easily.
Breakfast was fine , not up to known movenpick standards , Dinner was below standards , no much varieties despite the fact that the hotel was 100% occupied , Mainly Egyptian food .Many food items looked stale" old" and sometimes tasted weird and sour . This may be because it was stored for a long while due to low occupancy Shame on F&B.
Service at restaurants and other outlets was very bad, Staff tend to just do their basic jobs if they were forced to do without a smile and with no attention, as per one of the staff this is mainly because majority of guests were Egyptians who do not offer good tips " Regardless the fact that the hotel is charging 12% service charges" and do not consume liquor " which increases hotel profits and hence Staff Bonuses!!". One night we ordered water, the waiter came across with the bottles putting them at the edge of the table without getting any glasses!!! His senior got the glasses and unwillingly apologized .Once on the beach we ordered ice cream which turned out to be stale dated “expired”.
All waiters tend to get you the check without you requesting it as if they want to say “that’s it, enough, It is time to go”.
We did accept the exaggerated rate offered having anticipated the High service level at this reputable chain, However It was a Turn Down and disappointing experience, In future I do request Hotels who employ staff with anti-Egyptians culture to display a sign saying " Egyptians are Not welcomed" or Just explain to staff How Egyptian Guests’ bookings would save their Jobs in turbulent times.

Room Tip: Higher Floors Have better Views
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ossama
Mr_Alain_Chatel, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dear Mr. Osama,
Thank you very much for your detailed comments. I am very sad that, unlike the 500 other guests staying at the same time in the hotel, you did not enjoy your stay with us.
As the new General Manager of the hotel, your comments are very useful to me to raise the level of our service.
Due to the situation in the country, we had offered for the Eid vacation a very affordable package that made the success of the hotel with an occupancy well over the average of the competition. I am sorry that you missed that.
The hotel is built on a cliff that makes its reputation to have the best view over Naama Bay. Thank you for your comments that we have 5 excellent private beaches and an awesome pool. Of course there is many steps to go down. However, two elevators are located each side of the hotel.
I am pleased to see that Mr. Mohamed Hassan, our Front Office Manager was very helpful.
Mövenpick Resort International took over the Resort a year ago from another operating company and all efforts are done to achieve the good standard that is well known in other properties. I am sorry that we fell in satisfying you.
We had during your stay a very high occupancy with a very high food turnover and I have tried to identify how we could have stale food.
I have discussed your very constructive service comments with our Food & Beverage Team and hope that you will not face such situation if you give us a second chance.
I would like you to contact me personally if you wish to spend again some time in Sharm and I will ensure that you get the most competitive rate and prove to you that you bad experience was an infortunate exception.
With my best personal regards.