“great vacation”

Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Ranked #9 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed October 20, 2013

i went to the hotel with my friends and it was a very pleasant stay , all rooms have sea view , easy access to beaches , near to naama bay , i loved the swimming pool , and the staff helpful and polite , and i want specillay thank MR .Zyad abd elrahman he helped me in a fast check in and and i appreciate the information and advices he had given to me and his assistance was invaluable to me scince i checked in till i checked out
definitly i will visit this resort again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Mr_Alain_Chatel, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Moevenpick Guest,

Thank you for your time sharing your thoughts with us on Trip Advisor. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and most important that you enjoyed our service &hospitality. Credit to our colleague Ziad from the front office for his good performance, i will make sure to pass on your comments to him.

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Moevenpick Sharm El Sheikh. I look forward to welcoming you & your friends back in soon.Please do not hesitate to contact us prior to your arrival should you need any assistance.

Kind Regards

Alain Chatel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,522)

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The hotel is excellent with air conditioned rooms and all have a sea view. Food is of good quality and restaurants very good.
I would like to say though , maybe because it was very under occupied that the main restaurant was closed at lunch leaving only the two outside ones available. The menu in these is quite limited and if you are all inclusive it is very limited. Only certain dishes are marked for all inclusive, my partner asked for a dish that wasn't marked all inclusive and the waiter just remarked that it was not available to us. He didn't ask us if we would have liked to pay for it or anything . Which I thought his manner very rude and abrupt . This and one or two other minor things made us feel that the ( all inclusive tag ) made us feel second class.
The beaches are beautiful with good acces to the reef which is visited by lots of boats which testifys to the array of coral and fish right on the hotels private beach. The rooms are spacious clean and well equipped. The cleaner was very attentive and friendly.
Would just like to add that when we went to the Rangoli Indian restaurant we were presented with a menu by a very likeable waiter only to have it snatched from our grasp by the very same waiter from the poolside bar incident with the remark " that is not the all inclusive menu here is yours " whereby he put 2 other menus on the table and walked away.
Apart from the all inclusive stigma, I would still recommend the hotel as the vast majority of staff where pleasant and extremely attentive and helpful. If I were to return it will not be all inclusive.

Room Tip: Ask for a low level room if you have any mobility problems whatsoever as there is quite a lot of sta...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sixer1957
Mr_Alain_Chatel, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear Moevenpick Guest,

Firstly, I would like to personally thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience on your recent stay with us.

I am glad to note that you were satisfied with the overall stay at the hotel. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

I have taken note of your comment regarding the waiter’s manner , and I am sorry for any inconvenience encountered. Kindly rest assured that I will follow up personally to ensure necessary corrective measures are immediately taken.

Once again thank you and I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back at the Moevenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed September 16, 2013

It's no secret that with the down-turn of tourism in Egypt nowadays due to the political circumstances that a lot of hotels suffer from bad service and downgraded food quality; NO SUCH THING HERE.

The service was very good, the crew very friendly and unobtrusive. The food was very nice with a different cuisine every night. The animation team is nice and very friendly towards children (unfortunately didn't get their names, sorry).

The nightly show was decent enough but could use more variety and be a bit later into the night as things get boring after that unless you try the pub which I didn't try because I have a child.

The mini-disco for children at night is very nice.

The spa is good.

The only question that I have and haven't been able to test is whether the service would be that good if the hotel were crowded or full, but that's a question for some one else to answer when things start to pick up again in Egypt as I'm sure it will.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mzedanh
Mr_Alain_Chatel, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to personally thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience on your recent stay with us and for recommending our resort to anyone coming to Sharm El Sheikh!

We couldn’t have asked for a more positive review, we wish we had the chance to host you for a longer stay.

As we read, you virtually enjoyed each and every amenity we offer. In order to provide this atmosphere, it is most important to have your constructive feedback which is very valuable for us to know.

I have passed your comment about the night show onto our concerned Team who are constantly reviewing and updating the programs in order to meet with guests’ expectations and satisfaction.

I truly hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance in the future.

Sincerely yours

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for just one week at the end of August. This was our third stay at the Moevenpick hotel and it never disappoints us. The dining was some of the best we have experienced in Sharm indeed anywhere in Egypt. The staff were very friendly and did their utmost to make our stay perfect. Mohamed Ali, and all the animation team were brilliant with the children. Snorkelling was excellent, we saw something new everyday. The horizon bar for evening drinks was a favourite place to watch the sun go down.
Overall a glorious place. It ticks all our boxes. I can't wait for our next visit.
Barbara x

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Barbara F
Mr_Alain_Chatel, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Mrs. Barbera,

Thank you for choosing Movenpick Resort Sharm El sheikh on your recent vacation, and having taken the time to share your experience.

Glad to read that you liked our variety of dining options and became your favorite. And great to know you enjoyed the snorkeling at our house reef, which can be considered as one of the best in the area.

We are proud to have lived up to your expectations. Your lovely feedback about the Horizon Bar venues are very appreciated.

Credit to our colleague Mohamed Ali from the animation and his team for their good performance with kids, i will make sure to pass on your comments to them.

Thank you for your encouraging comments and it is our pleasure to welcome you soon in order to indulge you ones again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 3, 2013

unique coastline; swimming and snorkelling are available. .
luxurious rooms and good room services team.
wonderful service and helpful hotel staff. .
very suitable for honeymooners. .
nice location on the pedestrian road.
perfect place for snorkelling.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the beach are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mr_Alain_Chatel, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Mr. Ahmed,

We would like to thank you for your kind feedback and taking the time to place such a nice review.
The Movenpick Team is very proud of our superb, professional hospitality and delighted that you enjoyed it. Many thanks for entrusting us with your holiday once again.

Great to read you enjoyed the snorkeling at our house reef, which can be considered as one of the best in the area.

We would look forward to welcoming you back to our resort again in the near future, please contact us if we can be of any assistance.

Sincerely and with kind regards

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We have chosen this hotel for our honeymoon. What can I say, we really enjoyed every minute of our stay! Perfect location, amazing sea, friendly staff and wonderful quisine. We will definitely come back here on our next holiday!

Although all rooms have sea view, some of them have advantageous view to the whole bay. We got such room as a surprise for our honey moon from front office manager Mohamed Abouzeid. That was very touching! In general, all reception staff were extremely friendly and helpful, they organized transportation from/to the airport and supported us with all needed information during our stay. We would like to mention Mohamed Bassiony and Mohamed Khafagy for their warm attitude and patience. As my husband and I also work in hotels, we highly appreciate the professional attitude!

I would advise not to book halfboard as there are two wonderful a la carte restaurants in the hotel, oriental and indian. Besides, the city center with numerous restaurants and cafes is only 15 minutes walking distance from Moevenpick. Therefore, there are plenty of dining possibilities.

Another thing worth mentioning is the amazing coral reef with all kind of fish and 4 sandy beaches. It definitely makes this hotel a paradise for snorklers. If you swim to the highest coral rock in front of the 4th beach, you'll find a lonely clown fish living in an anemone. Or maybe he won't be that lonely by the time you meet him :)

The only disadvantage of the hotel is the architecture with lots of stairs that might be not suitable for people with disabilities or for elderly people. Though there are two elevators in the resort, there still are some stairs (to the reception or to the pool level) which you have to reach by foot, and it's not easy by 40 C.

In other words, this hotel is a perfect choice for young people (all the discos in Naama Bay are reachable on foot), for families with kids (sandy beaches with no sharp stones and no sea hedgehogs; kids pool and mini disco every evening) and for all who prefers quiet vacation and relaxing ambience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank land_of_peace
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My family and I have been coming to Sharm for many years.
The Moevenpick (and former Sofitel) has become our family favourite in preference to all other hotels we have stayed at in Sharm. It is an unsung gem and wins my prize for best-all round experience.
I love the Moevenpick, so please read this review knowing that I am totally biased!

For starters, there are 5 beaches offering different facilities - from scuba diving, wind surfing, kayaking, parasailing, tubing, banana boat rides, wake boarding - it is all there if you want it (and you are happy to pay for it). Go-Karting at the Ghibli Race course is just at the bottom of the hotel drive, and is a lot of fun.
My children have learnt to ride horses at the Moevenpick equestrian centre, and the instructors (a big thank you to Nasser and Ahmed) have been exceptionally patient with my younger son, who has severe autism. The beach ride at sunset is a must - an unforgettable experience.

What makes the Moevenpick so special is its location on Naama Bay - it is at the edge of Naama Bay and therefore totally peaceful and quiet with breathtaking views. And yet it is just a 10-15 minute walk away from the beach promenade with some of the best restaurants in Sharm and the hustle and bustle of Naama Bay's night life. Even if you are not planning to dine out it is worth venturing out of the resort on foot at sunset time and have a drink in the many beach bars along Naama Bay.

Personally I love the sandy beaches (many other beaches in Sharm are all pebbles or too shallow as in Nabq) and the fact that it is perfect for snorkelling. Just step into the sea and you can see the most amazing fish - parrot fish, butterfly fish, angel fish - even as an experienced scuba diver I never fail to be thrilled when I go snorkelling here.
My autistic son has learnt to scuba dive at the Moevenpick this summer - there is no better place to do intro dives as there is such a gentle slope and then a max depth of about 2m for the first 30m of the beach. Ahmed and his team offer PADI courses, and my thanks go to them for the incredible patience they have shown to my son.
For advanced divers there is a magnificent house reef and boat trips to Ras Mohammed and Tiran that can be organised.

As for the staff - what can I say! Some have become friends and cannot do too much for us (Shaker - a big thank you to you, Hamada and Magdy - I will be in trouble for not mentioning everybody). The secret is to ask for what you want - the staff are happy to help with special food requests and any excursions you want. They really try to please.

One thing that could be improved is the Internet. Free internet at the pool bar (in addition to the lobby) would be wonderful. And paid-for internet on the beach would be life-changing.

I have signed up specially to TripAdvisor to leave this review, when I found that the reviews left previously did not do credit to the hotel. Thank you, Moevenpick, for many happy memories.

Room Tip: All rooms have sea views but the rooms on the left hand side (where the villas are) catch the evenin...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank AB_Online2013
Alain C, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

All Moevenpick Team is very proud to read such a nice review and recognition towards our associates who were up to your expectations and the special names you mention at all Moevenpick Group’ Venues (room, reception, restaurants, bars, beach, pool and stable). It prides us that we succeed to send you home with a memorable holiday,

Also I would like to thank you for your loyalty and being an ambassador of our hotel which will help undecided vacationers in selecting our property for their forthcoming vacation.

Reference to the free internet, kindly be advised that we are always considering to give better offer and we are studying the possibility to increase the coverage of our free internet as per your suggestion.

Once again thank you for your fabulous review and taking the time to share it on the site.

It is our pleasure to welcome you back in sunny Sharm (at your second home Moevenpick Sharm El Sheikh)

Kind regards,