“It's a BIG yes... Amazing n a beautiful place”

Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Ranked #10 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I would like to thank Nabil and also Soumaya for making my one year old daughter feel so special, I would also like to thank the hotel staff for keeping a surprise party for my baby's first birthday on 04/06/13. This was my first time in Egypt and I loved it so much I am planning another holiday very soon. Thank you for everything. I will definitely recommend this hotel to all those planning a holiday in Egypt.

Room Tip: Choose movenpick to enjoy your stay.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Safffy
Philippe d, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for chosen Movenpick Rsort Sharm El sheikh on your recent vacation, and having taken the time to share your experience.

Credit to the Nabil and Somaya, a copy of your kind comment has been send to the concerned department to be in the employee file as engorgement from our valuable guest.

Thank you for your encouraging comments and it is our pleasure to welcome you soon in order to indulge you ones again.

Kind regards,
Philippe de Vizcaya

Write a ReviewReviews (2,454)

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Excellent large rooms
Very clean especially bathrooms
The bathroom is luxurious and nice
Service is excellent... There was one problem with one of the waiters and they way they handled it was very professional
Food is excellent with lots of variety and restaurant service is very good
The beach is rocky not for swimming and the hotel is away from down town and neama bay but they have regular shuttles
Very good romantic gateway for couples

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Salmaahmed

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing Moevenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotels and Resorts International, we are very proud to receive such a wonderful review of your recent stay at the Hotel

Our Team are so pleased to read that our cleanliness of the room and the service were up to your expectations

We would look forward to welcoming you back to our resort again in the near future, please contact us if we can be of any assistance.

Sincerely and with kind regards

Reviewed June 14, 2013

me and my wife spent our honeymoon at Movenpick Sharm resort, everything is excellent, the resort is sooo special and private, there is 5 beaches inside the resort and you don't have to cross the road to go to the beach like the other hotels, and also you can do alot of activities in the beach .. the room is so clean and spacious and the bath room inside it contains everything you need and soo clean, tjhe food is excellent the breakfast and dinner, but i think they have to offer more desserts, the staff were so friendly and made all what they can to makeus happy.. my only comment that the prices are little overpriced specially the mineral water, there is also the horizon bar were sooooooooo romantic and we enjoyed it .. all what can I say we were above the moon during our stay and we are so sad that we are going to leave it

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bahaaabu-shady

Dear Moevenpick Guest,

Thank you for your visit to our resort. Very nice to read that you have enjoyed the resort and facilities.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed our Resort and the beaches Facilities.

We would hope to welcome you again back to our resort in the near future, please contact us in advance if we can be of assistance with any arrangements or special requests.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The resort overall was a good experience. The buffet meals had a large variety and the items were fresh and regularly replensihed. The restaurant offers a good menu and the service was excellent. The gift shop was too expensive for needed asundries like toothpaste and sun tan lotion.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ScottAfghanistan
Philippe d, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

We would like to cordially thank you for your very positive summary referring to your recent stay in our Resort. We are delighted that you had a memorable holiday and you enjoyed our facilities.

We are also very pleased to know that you liked our wide food variety ,

Reference to the shop prices, kindly be advised that the shops are an external reputable tenants, but even though the management have instructed the owners for an immediate improvement.

We would hope to welcome you back to our resort in the near future and if we can be of any assistance in the meantime, please do contact us at your convenience.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Main Restaurant had excellent servers. The waiters were always friendly.
The food in the main restaurant could be better. One night I had to ask what it was - I couldn't tell it was fish. Another night I had something that looked like the German food called Leberkase.

I ate one night in the Indian restaurant and was VERY happy. The Indian food was superb and the servers were very professional. I highly recommend the Indian restaurant.

My hotel room was quiet and clean. The housekeeper made a swan using a towel and placed it on my bed. The next day he made me a heart shape with rose pettles. This made me a little bit uncomfortable because I was visiting the hotel solo. The next day he took my bikini and hat and posed it on the bed. And the day after that he took one of my t-shirts and posed it on the bed, pulling it in shaping it at the waist … It started to freak me out a little.

Internet is only free in the lobby.

The beach is very nice and clean. The water is clear and you should definitely snorkel. I saw the most amazing fish. This was a big highlight.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank MissFrancesRose
Philippe d, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Moevenpick Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Moevenpick Sharm El Sheikh and for your detailed feed-back. It is very nice to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us and were satisfied with the services offered.

So glad to know that you have enjoyed the Indian restaurant, and thank you for recommending Our Rangoli Indian cuisine.

Regarding the House keeper, kindly be advised that they used to decorate the rooms this way to entertain our guest. Rest assured that it will not repeated again,

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to our resort in the near future and if we can be of any assistance in the meantime please contact us at your convenience.

Sincerely and with kind regards

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Last week I was looking for a short break to take with my best friend we wanted to go to Sharm el-sheikh i was planning on staying in Naama Bay we looked and were able to find a double room at Moevenpick Resort we took our flight and as soon as we arrived we found the hotel shuttle bus waiting to take us to the hotel .The hotel is on a high mountain overlooking the Naama bay with an excellent view of all the city it was very quiet at night which helps you to sleep deeply during your holiday.the food was great especially the Indian restaurant 'Rangouli ' there were 5 beaches in the hotel. I want to thank the front office staff who were very helpful , also Mohamed Fathy in the restaurant who cared a lot about pleasing the hotel guests .

Room Tip: Choose the rooms close to the reception area and pool on the 2nd or 3 rd floor they have sea view wi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kiapride
Philippe d, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Moevenpick Guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind feedback and taking the time to place such a nice review.
The Moevenpick Team is very proud of our superb, professional hospitality and delighted that you enjoyed it. Many thanks for entrusting us with your holiday once again.

Credit to our Front Office staff and our colleague Mohamed Fathy from the Restaurant, I will make sure to pass your kind comment into each of them as encouragement.

Once again thank you for your fabulous review and taking the time to share it on the site.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I had a 4 day weekend and decided to visit Sharm with my girlfriend. We chose Movenpick based partially on the ratings and pricing. I will focus mainly on the resort and not the town itself since your experience will be similar regardless of where you stay.

The review contains the good and the bad, and hope it can be of some help. Although the resort was "acceptable", it was not good enough for me to return. However, with a few improvements to staff hospitality, Internet and customer service, this resort could improve a long way. With the tourism industry suffering as it currently is in Egypt, customer service should be a focus since there are too many options out there for tourists to choose from. Our trip was in mid-April.

The Resort

The resort itself is beautiful. Great design and great to view the sunset from any location on it. A trip to the "strip" will cost you 50 Egyptian pounds (9 US dollars) in a taxi. It is a bit too far to walk. Wait times were minimal but drivers are crazy!

- Upon arrival at 9pm we encountered the staff at the front desk. One of the staff members did not act like he wanted to be there. Upon check-in, he was supposed to give us a tour, but instead quickly went through the breifing of the hotel and the restaurants. We had to keep asking him to repeat what he said since he was not clear and seemed like he wanted to get back to the front desk. This was not a language barrier issue either.
- Based on that first individual's "Hospitality", we had trouble turning on the TV. When we complained to the front desk, they said oh, you just have to hold down the number "3" button. Thanks for letting us know...
- Clean and fresh towels were NOT available when we checked in. After the first day though (and complaints), the room was cleaned well for the rest of the trip.
- I had to maintain email connectivity for work, so I got my Internet "broadband" for about 20 bucks for 24hrs. If Movenpick management is reading this, your internet connection is hardly worth 1 dollar / day. Again upon complaining how we could not access anything online, the front desk looked into the matter and resolved it. The connection then improved to what is considered poor by many standards, Should that have not been an issue initially ? I suggest you either reduce the price of the connection or provide it for free. It's embarrasing.

Basically, TV and internet are not the most important things on a vacation, but having access to them is nice when winding down from a long day filled with activities. To blame the staff on all the issues is not reasonable, however they could definitely have been more helpful, instead of only reacting to our complaints.

- Breakfast was ok. Food was fine. No complaints.
- The customers were mostly European. Germans and Italians. Well mannered and not too noisy. This, I understand, depends on the season and the Holidays that are occuring at the time in those Euro countries. Obviously when school is out, you will get more rowdy younger people. However, we were fine with the people there.

- The facilities and the grounds were excellent, clean, very well maintained and the upkeep was excellent.
- Their beach is beautiful and especially nice for those who enjoy snorkelling. It provides an oppurtunity to look at some nice corals, while enjoying some good tanning. One inconvenience was the staff who kept trying to push us into buying massages while we were sun bathing. We were probably asked 4 times in the span of an hour and a half if we wanted to buy a package. I wish management would figure a better way to sell their extracuricular activities without being as pushy.
- For any scuba divers out there, we booked a trip throught their onsite diving centre. Cannot really complain since this was probably the best part of the trip. It was expensive. A whole day from morning until 4pm cost us approximately 170 bucks each, which is 3 or 4 times more than other countries i've been to, but it included a full day's trip. We could've also dove in the bay there for much cheaper but we wanted a true Sharm experience.
So instead we opted for Ras Muhamad, known for it's great diving. The staff was EXCELLENT, diving instructor EXCELLENT, trip to Ras Mohamad EXCELLENT. Very enjoyable, and our guide Hassan was very good to us and food on the boat was fantastic. If the price is a bit of a put off for you, fear not since there are tonnes of diving centres in Sharm. TONNES. But for us the convenience of the centre being located on the resort made the difference for us. Also, worth mentioning that all the equipment is brand new.

Staff rating 6 out of 10
Grounds Maintenance 8 out of 10
Internet - 3 out of 10
Diving - 9 out of 10

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Wabadaba

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on trip advisor following your recent visit to Moevenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh. We are pleased to learn that you have mostly enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for all the positive comments you have made. We have noted your concerns on the issues you have mentioned and please be assured that it have been passed onto the concerned departments for corrective measures. We listen to our patrons as always and make positive changes to add value to their experiences. Once again we thank you for your valuable time taken to post such detailed review and for all your well worded comments.

Kind regards,