I have just returned home from a week away at this hotel. First impressions of the hotel was that it was clean albeit in need of a re- fresh. The grounds are beautiful and well tended to with staggered steps leading to other pool areas, accommodation and the beach. The staff at reception were courteous and checking in was done with minimal fuss.
This hotel is advertised as a 5 star and as such with the good reputation with this chain of hotels, we were expecting a degree of luxury. We were sadly disappointed. On booking we were told that we had a free upgrade to a deluxe room. Our room however was a standard room with twin beds and was very compact. This was queried upon arrival and we were told that the twin rooms and the deluxe rooms are the same!! That aside, the room was clean, the beds comfortable and the linen fresh. Given that we spent little time in the room that wasn't really an issue. however, the all inclusive package was. I have traveled abroad on many occasions and previously stayed at other hotels in Sharm so i have previous experience of this option. I can truly say that this is the worst all inclusive package that i have had. Cocktails were not included, my friend asked for a lemon and lime to be told that this was not in the all inclusive package and would have to be paid for. There was no complimentary entrance for a meal at the speciality restaurant ( although they offered roughly what equated to £5 per person off a meal in one of these restaurants. Not a lot when an average meal for two cost around £40 and the all inclusive package had been paid for.
Ice cream was advertised as being free, however only certain types could be eaten freely. There was a variety of ice cream in the freezer however guests were only able to have the cheaper brands.
the main meals were located in the conference room as the restaurant was being refurbished. The food was generally fresh but lacking in variety. The best meal of the day tended to be at breakfast time. The midday snacks left a lot to be desired.
There was sometimes a lack of cutlery, and the food was "sameish" As the week went by we did however see subtle improvements.
the staff in the restaurant were very friendly and always willing to go that extra mile for the customers. Special thanks to Mohamed Adel and Bola Nicola who looked after us so well. There is no complaint about the service or the staff as they work extremely hard and nothing was too much trouble.
We did address our concerns to the management ( Max) whilst at the hotel. He took on board our concerns and that of other customers and it was clear that he was wanting to make improvements with the hotel and was striving to do so.
The majority of the evenings were spent in the ZinZina bar. The staff here were also exceptional and we were looked after very well. Special thanks to Khaled.
The entertainment was a little hit and miss but they tried hard.
In short this has the potential to be a lovely hotel and to have justification for it's 5 star rating. However changes need to be made.
That said, the sun shone, the location was lovely and quiet and if these problems could be ironed out, this would make for a fantastic holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Marriott Managed hotel nestled on a headland & surrounded by the spectacular coral reefs of the Red Sea, overlooking Ras Mohamed National Marine Park. Extends over 95,000 square meters, with 350 meters of its own beach frontage, sandy coves, Lush gardens, waterfalls, its own floating jetty, diving center & 4 Swimming pools. The resort provides a series of two storey villas accommodation, creating a feeling of space around the Resort & affording many of the 384 rooms & suites with panoramic views of the Red Sea Riviera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sharm El Sheikh Renaissance