Don't be put off by the unrest near Cairo, Sharm is well guarded and like an independent area totally safe and problem free. The Golden View is part of the Marriott chain so it has everything you would expect from a luxury hotel: excellent service, fabulous architecture, luxurious rooms and an unparalleled attention to detail and guest comfort. My husband and I went there for a well earned two week rest and we were enchanted by our stay. We only took the bed and breakfast option as we wanted to be free to explore restaurants in the area outside the hotel. Obviously if you want to make your stay even cheaper you can opt for the all inclusive formula which covers absolutely all your food and drink.
The hotel is well away from the hustle and bustle of down town Sharm so you will get peaceful nights but still be within easy taxi ride reach of all night fun a few kilometres away. The hotel has a variety of lovely pools descending in layers towards the sea and surrounded by the most beautiful flowered gardens. the sea is mostly coral reef and you can snorkel right off the floating pontoons that allow you to slide into clear water and watch the dazzling multi coloured fish. There are excursions to see more sea life but we found the marine variety just at the hotel extremely beautiful and very accessible. This is a jewel of a hotel and the staff ensure that your stay is an unforgettably pleasant experience.
Of course European and US tourism is low as the media relentlessly reports on the worst aspects of Egyptian unrest. This means that the fearless and fearful Russians dominate but the girls are pretty and although their alcohol consumption is astonishing, it never became a problem. This is a great place to unwind, soak up the reliable sunshine and enjoy the very best sort of relaxing holiday for any age group.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Marriott Managed hotel nestled on a headland & surrounded by the spectacular coral reefs of the Red Sea, overlooking Ras Mohamed National Marine Park. Extends over 95,000 square meters, with 350 meters of its own beach frontage, sandy coves, Lush gardens, waterfalls, its own floating jetty, diving center & 4 Swimming pools. The resort provides a series of two storey villas accommodation, creating a feeling of space around the Resort & affording many of the 384 rooms & suites with panoramic views of the Red Sea Riviera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sharm El Sheikh Renaissance