Booked this hotel as it had good reviews and we wanted a decent standard on our first trip to Egypt. The hotel is nicely positioned in a quiet area of Sharm on the main road from Naama Bay about a 10 minute taxi ride away from the hustle and bustle.
Check in was quick and easy and we were taken by golf buggy to our room. Room was very spacious and had everything expected of a 4 or 5* hotel, linen changed regularly and room cleaned meticulously by our man maid. He went out of his way on my birthday having seen cards to get the management to send down a cake and card!
Pool area was spotless and our towels were laid out ready for us every morning by Ayman who was great and always made sure we had a good spot, regular sun glasses cleaning was also a nice touch.
There are really only two things that lets this hotel down. Firstly, the all inclusive as others have mentioned, you pretty much need to keep the sheet they give you at check in on you at all times to know what you can have, at what time and where as not all bars at all times are included (and not all serve food AI at all times). It's also worrying to have to sign for every drink or snack you have as we felt worried that we would get charged for it at the end, a strange practice that surely would be bettered by having wrist bands like all other AI hotels.
The only other criticism is the service in the main buffet 'Coast' restaurant. Diabolical is the only word for it. Regularly found ourselves half way through our meal before we could get a drink or even summon someone to acknowledge we were even there. This seemed so strange as the service in all other areas of the hotel was fantastic. Tipping well did nothing to change this either. Food on the other hand was very good, lots of choice and good quality.
On the whole we had a great week and would probably return if the all inclusive was changed to an any time any place policy. Gorgeous hotel and grounds and some really lovely staff (Il Palio restaurant and waiters superb).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Marriott Managed hotel nestled on a headland & surrounded by the spectacular coral reefs of the Red Sea, overlooking Ras Mohamed National Marine Park. Extends over 95,000 square meters, with 350 meters of its own beach frontage, sandy coves, Lush gardens, waterfalls, its own floating jetty, diving center & 4 Swimming pools. The resort provides a series of two storey villas accommodation, creating a feeling of space around the Resort & affording many of the 384 rooms & suites with panoramic views of the Red Sea Riviera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sharm El Sheikh Renaissance