“Not quite so Quiet Pool”

Sultan Gardens Resort
Ranked #22 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We came here for our 3rd visit to this lovely hotel, and were really looking forward to our piece of tranquility at the Quiet Pool especially. However, to our great dismay, noisy neighbours have moved in next door namely Xperience Sea Breeze, blasting out a constant noise from 10am, which sounded like an all day rave with a DJ that thought he was in Ibiza! This really spoilt the ambience of peace and quiet that we longed for.

We did see some fantastic shows though, especially the Kenyan Acrobats and the Chinese Circus who were amazing! The A La Carte meals at the Italian and Indian restaurants were fabulous, and we really appreciated the adult only buffet upstairs as well. Special mention for the Pasta King Abdullah as always with his amazing concoctions.

We would definitely recommend this hotel which is laid out beautifully in spacious manicured grounds, with various facilities catering for your every need. It is just such a shame that the one thing we came for ie the Quiet Pool, will now have to be renamed!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Carole A
bkhedr, General Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Carole A,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind and helpful review. We value your feedback and are sorry that the noise from outside the hotel grounds had a negative impact on our signature quiet pool. We are working to try to alleviate this problem.

Thank you once again for taking the time for your repeated patronage and constructive feedback. We remain at your service and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

This was my eighth visit and loved it even more than the last, I am always surprised that Mr Basil and his team just keep on improving the experience at Sultan Gardens Resort.
The staff are defintaly very happy to be working there to make every guest feel special, if anyone has a problem they will do their best to resolve it.
My special diet was catered for in very way.
The choice of Restaurants on the resort are really great, Fish Market, Cassa Mia Italian food,and The Taste of Spice is Indian and it has a Indian Chef too his name is Prakash he is an amazing chef and has made a big difference to the food there. Looking forward to the new addition of Crep house too.
I also love the fact the management have a meeting with the guest who have been there before to see if they have any suggestions to improve the experience.
So the things that I love about this Resort is , staff, quiet pool, food, drinks, location as it has the largest beach in the area and the amazing gardens. The sunrise is well worth getting up and enjoy the amazing Traian Island view.
There are lots of other plans in the pipe line and I look forward to see them all blossom.
I can't wait to go back in six months.
Thank you to all the team.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are well worth a stay if you don't mind doing stairs I love the room 371 Pool vi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank pammy656

Dear pammy656,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your detailed and kind review. It was a pleasure to host you again and we appreciate all your suggestions and ideas to help improve our services and facilities.

Thank you again. We all remain at your service and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a week at sultan gardens and could not fault the place , lovely room 244 with sea view, 2 double beds , rooms cleaned daily . Plenty of choice food wise which was always fresh . But got to say the thing that makes this hotel is the staff they couldn't do enough for you especially young Ahmed on quiet pool that boy really is an asset to your hotel . Also whilst there my boyfriend was poorly and we visited the clinic who were again fantastic especially the nurse had him back on his feet in no time . We visited soho square which is a must had a lovely meal there at the mandarin restaurant highly recommended . So all in all I will def be visiting this hotel again .

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vickymckirdy1971

Dear Vickymckirdy1971,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind review. We welcome your feedback and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We all look forward to your next visit and we remain at your service.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

It's been a month since returning back from Egypt, what a wonderful experience I had, the sun was lovely, the hotel resort was amazing with first class service, food was very good with a theme day each day.

The yoga was an eye opener and with the most amazing view it was breath-taking.

The yoga retreat is a must for everyone who is thinking to detoxify and de-stress the system

Going again in March counting the months

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank nasim p
bkhedr, General Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Dear nasim p,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Back this morning from our third visit and again had a wonderful holiday. The hotel gets better each time we go and this visit we were lucky enough to have a room in block 3 with a fabulous view of the sea. The room was spacious, clean and had everything we needed. Bathroom was lovely and had a huge walk in shower and lovely fluffy white towels. Bedding and towels changed daily and lots of toiletries in the bathroom. Full hospitality tray in the room and a fridge stocked with soft drinks(no extra charge unless you need it restocking). The food was great and we visited the Italian Casa Mia and the Indian House of Spice a la cartes....both were excellent with gorgeous food, great succulent beef fillet in the Italian . When the chef of the Indian came to ask how we had enjoyed our meal my other half( curry expert !!!) said it was delicious but he would have loved some onion bharjis....the chef said he would have made him some if only he had asked. Chef is recently over from Delhi so real authentic food here.
We also visited the Fish Market (not part of A/I) for an evening meal which was tasty and very well presented with great service. Also had a 3 course lunch there which was amazing value at only 10€ each. Could not fault the food at all and huge portions, I had 3 fillets of salmon in my main course with parsley mash. Neither of us could manage a dessert. Can't understand why it wasn't busier in that restaurant....think it needs a big sign outside saying OPEN and 3 courses only10€.
Since our last visit there have been lots of improvements to the food outlets and you can now enjoy a BBQ at lunchtime in addition to all the other choices. The beach restaurant is in a great position serving light snacks and is a great place to chill out for half an hour after a hard morning sun bathing and snorkelling.
We also really like the new outdoor seating outside the lobby....great comfy seats and a nice place to relax in the evening.
We visit Egypt often and have stayed in many hotels but the two things that really stand out at Sultan Gardens are good quality, well cooked food and the staff. This visit we would like to mention a few who really stood out as deserving an extra mention. Saber Gamal in the lobby bar - very attentive and ensured we had what we wanted whether that was a coffee or glass of wine, Sabry at the quiet pool, Labib and the mattress nicker(!!!) on the beach, don't have his name but they were great fun and made sure we had a comfy mattress and clean dry towels all day whenever we spent the day at the beach. Special mention to Joseph the office manager( from the UK), he is a great addition and went out of his way to look after us all the time we were there and saved the day when Alpharooms caused us a few sleepless nights just before we were due to arrive. Know that's not anything to do with this hotel review but worth a mention. Alpharooms book via a third party bed booking agent who can choose ( and did with us) not to actually book until the day before arrival or even the day of arrival to get the cheapest possible price. What they did to us was book via a Russian contractor and the hotel could not accept this booking for British passport holders.....so to cut a long story short Joseph had to step in from the hotel and we had to email and phone Alpharooms who kept saying all was ok when it actually wasn't. We were still getting phone calls from Alpharooms who to their credit did try and help when they had it confirmed by SG that SG had no valid booking for us, as we waited to board the flight at Luton. Thanks to Joseph all did turn out OK for us and our room was ready and waiting when we arrived in resort. Next time we will use Hotels4u who book directly with the hotel rather than subcontract to other contractors/bed bookers.
Good to see lots of return visitors as usual and this time we were lucky enough to meet a couple of fellow TA regulars there....hello to Dawn43 and Stargunner, good to meet you at last and hope you're still having a great time. Dawn see you by the quiet pool in October!
Looking forward to visit 4 ....thanks to everyone at the hotel for a lovely holiday.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lynda35
bkhedr, General Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear Lynda35,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind and detailed review. We appreciate your feedback and we are very happy that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us.

We all remain at your service and we hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

we have booked again it will be our 4th visit .i think that speaks for its self.Friendly staff can't do enough for you.hotel very clean.good choice of food .great swimming pools bar at everyone even the at the beach.would go any time.you get so many extras.go and treat yourself.

Room Tip: they are all good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank johnor835

Dear johnor835,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind review. We are very happy that we you continue to enjoy your time with us and we remain at your service.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I'd like to start by saying I'm not usually one to give reviews so for me to do so I need to be impressed. Well, where to start? The hotel was beautiful, clean and well maintained in plush gardens and a well thought lay out.
Staff were all extremely friendly and worked hard to make guests feel comfortable and well looked after, nothing was too much effort for them. Staff did not expect tips and when offered accepted graciously. Room service was fantastic, our room was spotless at all times and the complimentary well stocked mini bar was a nice touch.
Food, the main canteen style restaurants were very pleasant to eat in, wait staff were very attentive and the atmosphere was relaxed. We also ate at the Indian restaurant on one night, food was delicious and staff very friendly, entertaining and attentive. The food was delicious everywhere that you ate, plenty of options for everyone and even the food boxes put together for day trips were very generous. Drinks and snacks were available at all times so we certainly didn't go hungry!
Whilst there it was my mum's birthday, I asked the staff to make a bit of fuss of her at tea time. The wait staff made up a lovely table with swans and flowers, at the end of the meal they brought out a cake and all the staff came out singing and banging drums. Certainly gave my mum some special memories!
As I was diving for most of the holiday I wasn't interested in the evening entertainment and I must admit it was a bit annoying as wasn't far from my room but it didn't go on too late so was fine.
The shops at the hotel were handy as we didn't really get much hassle. In particular the gentlemen selling Papyrus was lovely and informative and Hani (Leo) the hotel's artist was very friendly and kind.
The hotel has four (maybe five?) swimming pools including an adult only quiet pool. Perfect!
Now, negatives, there were two. The manager(?) (i assume) of the Dive one dive school attached to the hotel was extremely rude and abusive towards me because I chose to do my diving with a different dive school. I felt very harrassed and his behaviour ruined the first day of my holiday, I put a complaint in with the hotel who dealt with it very quickly. So I wouldnt recommend using Dive One at all, I went to Aquarius Dive School and they were superb!
My only other complaint was the spa, I originally purchased a treatment for my mum which was a body pampering treatment which she loved. So we decided to go back to book some more treatments. When I went in to get a price list the chap on the till insisted on showing me around the spa, including looking in on another customer whilst she was mid treatment!?!?!?! He kept trying to push me into having a massage even though I had said several times I did not like massage. Needless to say I left without booking another treatment! My mum also had a pedicure and manicure and they did a terrible job. So probably best avoided.
Still, all in all a wonderful place to stay for families with children, or couples or single people. We did the day trip to Luxor too which although expensive, made my holiday and provided me lots of stories to share with friends. BOOK TODAY!!!

Room Tip: My room had a sea view and was apparently one of the nicest rooms, whichever you have, with the serv...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Hannah E
bkhedr, General Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Hannah E,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind and detailed review. We appreciate your feedback and are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also sorry that your experiences with the onsite diving center and spa were not up to the standard of the rest of your stay. We will take action to address these concerns. Further, we would like to stress that we encourage all guests and future guests to please inform hotel management immediately in the event of any aspect of their holiday not being up to standard so that we may take swift action to insure their satisfaction.

Thank you once again. We remain at your service and we look forward to your return.