Back this morning from our third visit and again had a wonderful holiday. The hotel gets better each time we go and this visit we were lucky enough to have a room in block 3 with a fabulous view of the sea. The room was spacious, clean and had everything we needed. Bathroom was lovely and had a huge walk in shower and lovely fluffy white towels. Bedding and towels changed daily and lots of toiletries in the bathroom. Full hospitality tray in the room and a fridge stocked with soft drinks(no extra charge unless you need it restocking). The food was great and we visited the Italian Casa Mia and the Indian House of Spice a la cartes....both were excellent with gorgeous food, great succulent beef fillet in the Italian . When the chef of the Indian came to ask how we had enjoyed our meal my other half( curry expert !!!) said it was delicious but he would have loved some onion bharjis....the chef said he would have made him some if only he had asked. Chef is recently over from Delhi so real authentic food here.
We also visited the Fish Market (not part of A/I) for an evening meal which was tasty and very well presented with great service. Also had a 3 course lunch there which was amazing value at only 10€ each. Could not fault the food at all and huge portions, I had 3 fillets of salmon in my main course with parsley mash. Neither of us could manage a dessert. Can't understand why it wasn't busier in that restaurant....think it needs a big sign outside saying OPEN and 3 courses only10€.
Since our last visit there have been lots of improvements to the food outlets and you can now enjoy a BBQ at lunchtime in addition to all the other choices. The beach restaurant is in a great position serving light snacks and is a great place to chill out for half an hour after a hard morning sun bathing and snorkelling.
We also really like the new outdoor seating outside the lobby....great comfy seats and a nice place to relax in the evening.
We visit Egypt often and have stayed in many hotels but the two things that really stand out at Sultan Gardens are good quality, well cooked food and the staff. This visit we would like to mention a few who really stood out as deserving an extra mention. Saber Gamal in the lobby bar - very attentive and ensured we had what we wanted whether that was a coffee or glass of wine, Sabry at the quiet pool, Labib and the mattress nicker(!!!) on the beach, don't have his name but they were great fun and made sure we had a comfy mattress and clean dry towels all day whenever we spent the day at the beach. Special mention to Joseph the office manager( from the UK), he is a great addition and went out of his way to look after us all the time we were there and saved the day when Alpharooms caused us a few sleepless nights just before we were due to arrive. Know that's not anything to do with this hotel review but worth a mention. Alpharooms book via a third party bed booking agent who can choose ( and did with us) not to actually book until the day before arrival or even the day of arrival to get the cheapest possible price. What they did to us was book via a Russian contractor and the hotel could not accept this booking for British passport holders.....so to cut a long story short Joseph had to step in from the hotel and we had to email and phone Alpharooms who kept saying all was ok when it actually wasn't. We were still getting phone calls from Alpharooms who to their credit did try and help when they had it confirmed by SG that SG had no valid booking for us, as we waited to board the flight at Luton. Thanks to Joseph all did turn out OK for us and our room was ready and waiting when we arrived in resort. Next time we will use Hotels4u who book directly with the hotel rather than subcontract to other contractors/bed bookers.
Good to see lots of return visitors as usual and this time we were lucky enough to meet a couple of fellow TA regulars there....hello to Dawn43 and Stargunner, good to meet you at last and hope you're still having a great time. Dawn see you by the quiet pool in October!
Looking forward to visit 4 ....thanks to everyone at the hotel for a lovely holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the finest resorts on the Red Sea; The multiple Award winning, certified Eco Friendly, Sultan Gardens Resort in Sharm el Sheikh is your ideal All Inclusive holiday destination in Southern Sinai. The resort boasts 220 meters of private sandy beaches, beautiful coral formations, and an unrivaled view of the stunning Tiran Island. The resort also features five large, freshwater swimming pools as well 550 guest rooms ranging from the comfortable and spacious Standard rooms, to the luxurious Premium rooms and suites feasting in room Jacuzzis, all the way to the ultimate option of holidaying in your own private beachfront villa. The Sultan Gardens Resort is not just about great rooms, gorgeous pools and an unbeatable location. Everyone involved in Sultan Gardens Resort’s success is a firm believer that dining is an integral part of any holiday and recognizes the importance of offering delicious, exciting food coupled with inspired service. Guests will be impressed with the wealth of choice on offer whether they are dining in one of our six award winning themed restaurants, enjoying themselves at one of our 9 bars, or taking advantage of 24 hour room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Prestigia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sultan Gardens Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sultan Gardens Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sultan Gardens Sharm El Sheikh
- Sultan Garden Resort Sharm El Sheikh