“3rd visit and already looking forward to visit 4!”

Sultan Gardens Resort
Ranked #19 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Back this morning from our third visit and again had a wonderful holiday. The hotel gets better each time we go and this visit we were lucky enough to have a room in block 3 with a fabulous view of the sea. The room was spacious, clean and had everything we needed. Bathroom was lovely and had a huge walk in shower and lovely fluffy white towels. Bedding and towels changed daily and lots of toiletries in the bathroom. Full hospitality tray in the room and a fridge stocked with soft drinks(no extra charge unless you need it restocking). The food was great and we visited the Italian Casa Mia and the Indian House of Spice a la cartes....both were excellent with gorgeous food, great succulent beef fillet in the Italian . When the chef of the Indian came to ask how we had enjoyed our meal my other half( curry expert !!!) said it was delicious but he would have loved some onion bharjis....the chef said he would have made him some if only he had asked. Chef is recently over from Delhi so real authentic food here.
We also visited the Fish Market (not part of A/I) for an evening meal which was tasty and very well presented with great service. Also had a 3 course lunch there which was amazing value at only 10€ each. Could not fault the food at all and huge portions, I had 3 fillets of salmon in my main course with parsley mash. Neither of us could manage a dessert. Can't understand why it wasn't busier in that restaurant....think it needs a big sign outside saying OPEN and 3 courses only10€.
Since our last visit there have been lots of improvements to the food outlets and you can now enjoy a BBQ at lunchtime in addition to all the other choices. The beach restaurant is in a great position serving light snacks and is a great place to chill out for half an hour after a hard morning sun bathing and snorkelling.
We also really like the new outdoor seating outside the lobby....great comfy seats and a nice place to relax in the evening.
We visit Egypt often and have stayed in many hotels but the two things that really stand out at Sultan Gardens are good quality, well cooked food and the staff. This visit we would like to mention a few who really stood out as deserving an extra mention. Saber Gamal in the lobby bar - very attentive and ensured we had what we wanted whether that was a coffee or glass of wine, Sabry at the quiet pool, Labib and the mattress nicker(!!!) on the beach, don't have his name but they were great fun and made sure we had a comfy mattress and clean dry towels all day whenever we spent the day at the beach. Special mention to Joseph the office manager( from the UK), he is a great addition and went out of his way to look after us all the time we were there and saved the day when Alpharooms caused us a few sleepless nights just before we were due to arrive. Know that's not anything to do with this hotel review but worth a mention. Alpharooms book via a third party bed booking agent who can choose ( and did with us) not to actually book until the day before arrival or even the day of arrival to get the cheapest possible price. What they did to us was book via a Russian contractor and the hotel could not accept this booking for British passport holders.....so to cut a long story short Joseph had to step in from the hotel and we had to email and phone Alpharooms who kept saying all was ok when it actually wasn't. We were still getting phone calls from Alpharooms who to their credit did try and help when they had it confirmed by SG that SG had no valid booking for us, as we waited to board the flight at Luton. Thanks to Joseph all did turn out OK for us and our room was ready and waiting when we arrived in resort. Next time we will use Hotels4u who book directly with the hotel rather than subcontract to other contractors/bed bookers.
Good to see lots of return visitors as usual and this time we were lucky enough to meet a couple of fellow TA regulars there....hello to Dawn43 and Stargunner, good to meet you at last and hope you're still having a great time. Dawn see you by the quiet pool in October!
Looking forward to visit 4 ....thanks to everyone at the hotel for a lovely holiday.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Linda H
bkhedr, General Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear Lynda35,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind and detailed review. We appreciate your feedback and we are very happy that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us.

We all remain at your service and we hope to host you again soon.

The Management

Write a ReviewReviews (6,556)

Reviewed June 12, 2014

we have booked again it will be our 4th visit .i think that speaks for its self.Friendly staff can't do enough for you.hotel very clean.good choice of food .great swimming pools bar at everyone even the at the beach.would go any time.you get so many extras.go and treat yourself.

Room Tip: they are all good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank johnor835

Dear johnor835,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind review. We are very happy that we you continue to enjoy your time with us and we remain at your service.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I'd like to start by saying I'm not usually one to give reviews so for me to do so I need to be impressed. Well, where to start? The hotel was beautiful, clean and well maintained in plush gardens and a well thought lay out.
Staff were all extremely friendly and worked hard to make guests feel comfortable and well looked after, nothing was too much effort for them. Staff did not expect tips and when offered accepted graciously. Room service was fantastic, our room was spotless at all times and the complimentary well stocked mini bar was a nice touch.
Food, the main canteen style restaurants were very pleasant to eat in, wait staff were very attentive and the atmosphere was relaxed. We also ate at the Indian restaurant on one night, food was delicious and staff very friendly, entertaining and attentive. The food was delicious everywhere that you ate, plenty of options for everyone and even the food boxes put together for day trips were very generous. Drinks and snacks were available at all times so we certainly didn't go hungry!
Whilst there it was my mum's birthday, I asked the staff to make a bit of fuss of her at tea time. The wait staff made up a lovely table with swans and flowers, at the end of the meal they brought out a cake and all the staff came out singing and banging drums. Certainly gave my mum some special memories!
As I was diving for most of the holiday I wasn't interested in the evening entertainment and I must admit it was a bit annoying as wasn't far from my room but it didn't go on too late so was fine.
The shops at the hotel were handy as we didn't really get much hassle. In particular the gentlemen selling Papyrus was lovely and informative and Hani (Leo) the hotel's artist was very friendly and kind.
The hotel has four (maybe five?) swimming pools including an adult only quiet pool. Perfect!
Now, negatives, there were two. The manager(?) (i assume) of the Dive one dive school attached to the hotel was extremely rude and abusive towards me because I chose to do my diving with a different dive school. I felt very harrassed and his behaviour ruined the first day of my holiday, I put a complaint in with the hotel who dealt with it very quickly. So I wouldnt recommend using Dive One at all, I went to Aquarius Dive School and they were superb!
My only other complaint was the spa, I originally purchased a treatment for my mum which was a body pampering treatment which she loved. So we decided to go back to book some more treatments. When I went in to get a price list the chap on the till insisted on showing me around the spa, including looking in on another customer whilst she was mid treatment!?!?!?! He kept trying to push me into having a massage even though I had said several times I did not like massage. Needless to say I left without booking another treatment! My mum also had a pedicure and manicure and they did a terrible job. So probably best avoided.
Still, all in all a wonderful place to stay for families with children, or couples or single people. We did the day trip to Luxor too which although expensive, made my holiday and provided me lots of stories to share with friends. BOOK TODAY!!!

Room Tip: My room had a sea view and was apparently one of the nicest rooms, whichever you have, with the serv...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Hannah E
bkhedr, General Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Hannah E,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind and detailed review. We appreciate your feedback and are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also sorry that your experiences with the onsite diving center and spa were not up to the standard of the rest of your stay. We will take action to address these concerns. Further, we would like to stress that we encourage all guests and future guests to please inform hotel management immediately in the event of any aspect of their holiday not being up to standard so that we may take swift action to insure their satisfaction.

Thank you once again. We remain at your service and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Huge resort! Right on a beautiful beach. Food was good and drinks were also good. Service was good and if you tip the service gets better. Main town (sharm) is not far from resort. Has 4 different huge pools and different eating areas which is nice for change of scenery. Went as a family of 5 and enjoyed this 2 week holiday. Weather was absolutely boiling too!

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear sunkisses22,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind review. We appreciate your feedback and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.All of us hope you will return soon and we remain at your service.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed in a group of 5 for a week. The hotel is very beautiful with well kept grounds and pools; in fact all of the public areas i thought were very well looked after with staff constantly tidying up and keeping things to a standard. Same can be said with the rooms, excellent air con which is more than needed when temperatures are reaching 40 degrees C+. The beds were comfy and the linen and towels clean and changed.

It has been said previously there are a lot of Russian visitors and we didn't find them an issue at all other than when eating. The concept of queueing seems to be lost on them; especially the ones we encounter during our week. It seems that if they see something they want at the buffet, regardless of a queue of people, they will just go and get it. Even a few words, tuts and shakes of the head don't bother them so its a case of get used to it and move on. I do have to say not all but 85% of them.

Like most "beach/pool" holidays theres always the game of towels for your beds in the morning. We were told that you couldn't prebook your beds and sometimes that was enforced but not all of the time. It wasn't so much an issue when we were there as the hotel has plenty of pools and beds and it wasn't at capacity but if it was i would envisage an issue.

Staff. We found the staff very helpful and friendly and again as previously stated tipping is an option. I did see that if you tipped someone, like most places, then you receive better service the next time around. Almost like bribery in a way. Tipping is an option that we didn't always take but did in a couple of areas. Overall staff very good and no complaints.

Food. Breakfast is the same but you know what to expect. Evening meals did see a change but if i'm 100% honest some nights were better than others and some nights the food wasn't that good.

Overall the hotel is an excellent choice and worthy of its rating and place on this website. I found it of good value with good rooms and good staff. Food is the only area of improvement but by no means was the food bad.

Honest review but if i was returning i would definitely consider this hotel both for myself and anyone else.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mr_MrsBeckett
bkhedr, General Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear loz626,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your detailed review. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your feedback.

We would be grateful if you would take the time to contact us and provide more information regarding which evening meals you felt needed the most improvement so that we can keep this information in mind moving forward.

Thank you again. We remain at your service and hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Our second visit to Sultan Gardens and we had another fabulous holiday! The staff at this hotel are what really make this a great place to stay. They always demonstrate a helpful, caring, happy attitude - all of them, all the time! I thought it was quite crazy that so many of them remembered us from our previous visit which was over a year ago! That's attentive service! The only negative I can say about Egypt and this is in general, is that the mosquitoes are vicious, really vicious if you tend to get bitten. I must say though that the on site clinic were amazing at sorting this for me. Many thanks to everyone at this beautiful hotel. My extra special shout outs go to Ehab in the Reception bar and Mohamed Elsayed in the Italian restaurant. I thought it was a nice touch to be invited to give personal feedback on improvements/differences which had been made since our last stay and we'll done to the managers who appeared to really want to listen and take notice. I won't comment on alcohol as I don't like alcohol really and I'm a fussy eater so would prefer plain food rather than all the fancy things the chefs make but there are pasta chefs who will make dishes as you select ingredients so even for me, it was fine! Of course we will return! Thank you all.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a sea view room well worth it
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank RoseJasonRoxy

Dear RoseJasonRoxy,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind review. We are very happy to be able to continue to provide you with a great holiday experience and we will continue to work to improve our services and standards in anticipation of your next visit.

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Sultan Gardens is one of the best hotels in sharks bay. We went there the second of june .The staff were so friendly and very very helpful. The food was great. The animation team was good and we saw an excellent chinese show .Swimming pools were good too but snorkeling wasn't good enough as I expected .Thanks for Sultan Gardens' manager and Mr. Basel the owner.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear FAROEGY,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind review. It was a pleasure to host you and we all look forward to your next visit.