“Another great Trip”

Sultan Gardens Resort
Ranked #22 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Excellent Food, Customer Service, Facilities true holiday experience, Yet to find another all inclusive that will live up to Sultan Gardens, after taking a friend out for the week decided to return together in September making it my 5th visit over past 3 years.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank davidcrewe01
bkhedr, General Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Dear davidcrewe01,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind review. We look forward to your next stay with us and we remain at your service.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

We stayed at SGR between 1-9th March 2014, and have already booked for next year. We flew with Monarch and booked direct with the hotel. I've booked with Easyjet for Feb 2015 now the dates are available.

We took our family this time, so had a very different type of holiday to the usual 'just us two doing absolutely nothing' lazy days. Our grandchildren are 5, 7 & 9 and had - by their own admission and to some disappointment from their parents who've taken them all over USA / Disney etc. - the best holiday of their lives :-)

We were greeted at check-in with non-alcoholic cocktails, and the warmest of welcomes from staff members we know. How they remember everyone is beyond me - we only go once a year but people went out of their way to come to say hello to us and welcome us 'home'. What's really nice is that you get to see the same people each year unless they are on leave, so there is a comforting continuity. Also to see people moving up the ladder having been promoted for their hard efforts.

The amazing staff team made the children feel so special and welcome; we couldn't have asked for more. They went to the kids club a couple of times, but mostly joined in the activities around the pools during the day, and even managed to get us up and at it - darts, bowling, mini-golf, belly-dancing, aqua-robics etc. The evening entertainment was pretty good, some nights much better than others but then that's what tends to happen at all-inclusive resorts.

My daughter got to stand on the fakir's torso on a bed of nails; the kids went up on stage for the mini-disco every night and thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

How the animation team managed to get my husband and son-in-law to dress (drag) up as me and my daughter in the Mr Sultan Gardens competition, I'll never know but suspect quite a lot of alcohol and persuading were involved. Seeing them hip-hop dancing was the funniest thing I'd seen in ages, and we have the photos to remember it by. I'll give it a shot at uploading them.

As ever, the staff made the holiday. I can't give them enough praise. They are happy to work there, and have great attention to detail. The rooms were serviced daily and were impeccable. Our bed was good quality (not lumpy or old) but for us was much too hard. Once we could make ourselves understood, we had a topper delivered which made it perfect.

The resort is really nicely maintained and clean, and there is good attention to safety which was a concern (to others) at the time we went to Sharm. I've never felt safer anywhere.

There is a massive range of food and you can eat and drink all day long if you want. The menu in House of Spice was 'ok', and as ever in Casa Mia was absolutely perfect and yummy; we went there for our special meal together on our last night. We got to see Lofty before he went on leave, and stayed with our favourite waiter Reda Allah all week, as luckily he was working downstairs in Linah.

As returning guests, the sight of the Sultan Gardens driver waiting to greet us at the airport was a very welcome sight. He even brought us bottles of water - nice touch. The transfer is very short (7 mins or so) and on arrival they take your bags while you check in. We were given upgrades to suites 621 & 623, which were very central to the entertainment and kids pool, and not too far away from the food and other facilities, so was perfect for a family stay.

Thank you to Ahmed and Abu for your fabulous hospitality at Al-Shalal bar - you made us feel like VIP's and we love you for it.

Thank you also to the doc who took care of my daughter when she got infected mossie bites.

And as ever, thanks to our fave Mohamed Rahman who keeps the pool area running smoothly and somehow manages to find time to entertain the kids and make sure the guests are well looked after. He was on leave last year when we went, and it was noticeably different without him.

'Mr' Basel, Alia and all the staff team - be proud of what you are achieving. We absolutely love your place and feel like we are coming home to friends when we get there. We will never book anywhere else in Sharm. There's always a concern about bigging a place up so much that it will become 'too popular' as it's definitely our not-very-well-hidden gem..........See you in Feb 2015.

Room Tip: Depends whether you have children with you as then it's better to be nearer all the amenities...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TripSurvivorDotCom

Dear TripSurvivorDotCom,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your detailed and complimentary review. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us and grateful for your continued patronage. All of us look forward to hosting you again soon and we remain at your service.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Holiday May 6th - 13th. Great holiday from start to finish, airport pickup service excellent, check-in quick and easy, room provided in area requested and food better than ever in the main restaurant.

The hotel was fully populated for the majority of our week there, and was it seemed anything up to 90% Russian occupied, whilst this didn't in itself present any immediate issues to us, it is nice to meet and chat with people on holiday, and obviously if there's only 10% British speaking there then that side of the holiday is affected. There was a Russian celebration during our visit though so this may explain why the mixture of nationalities was so lop sided.

As it seems on every visit there were improvements to be seen around the resort, with the outside lobby seating and beach area having noticeable welcome improvements on this visit. We use the beach a lot and an area for improvement on the beach would definitely be the sunbeds, with many being sunken and uncomfortable, a repair or refresh program would be welcome.

We used the Fleur De Leis restaurant for the first time on this visit, and had a great meal down there and would highly recommend it. Prices were very reasonable, ambiance delightful and staff and food quality excellent, one suggestion here though would be that as we ordered 4 side dishes, whilst served hot they went cold very quickly despite us being quick eaters. Perhaps the sides could be served on hot plates or with a food warmer placed on the table to keep them at a reasonable temperature throughout the meal.

A quick mention for a place we visited twice called Hollywood, a soho square alternative that was very impressive, with spectacular fountains, shows and shops with a no hassle policy, worth a visit.

Finally no Sultan Gardens review would be complete without mentioning the staff, it's really unfair to pluck one or two names out as they are excellent across the board, but Mohamed in the Oasis bar was amazing, Bob, Moose, Ramy, Sophie, Irina and Julia work so hard in animation, and in truth the animation team could do with an extra few members, they seem more thinly spread than on previous visits. Maher and Mohamed stand out in the recreation team, and our room cleaner Mohamed was a great guy too. We had a nice chat with Basel, and you really are to be commended on running such an effective welcoming team, even when spoken rudely to the staff just rise above it and continue to provide top class service.

We had no plans to return until next April, but once back home within a couple of days we had booked to come back in November, who can resist!

2  Thank ChrisMoss77

Dear ChrisMoss77,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind, detailed and helpful review. It was a pleasure to host you again and we appreciate your constructive feedback regarding your experience at Fleur De Leis.

We all look forward to hosting you again next April and we remain at your service as always.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

i planned to visit sharm el sheikh with my family from 10 to 15 may 2014,my problem was how to find a very good hotel with sutible price,my son adviced to try sultan gardens resort, i did, it was a surprise for me to discover that high standard resort in my country, realy it was very confort stay,flavorfull food fits all tastes, wide rooms,many clean swimming pools,very kind and cute staff,very wellcom reception,realy i enjoyed more than money which i has paid .

Room Tip: rooms 103, 105 , s 606 , between swimming pools and restaurant
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank shbrieh
bkhedr, General Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

Dear shbrieh,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens and taking the time to post your kind review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

i have visited the SG before. I love it here and so i have returned.. i go to Egypt in March for the sun.. good flights out of Luton. the reason i return to the SG is the quality of the customer care, the attention to detail, the staff.
i have seen reviews about the decor. that may be about taste. the decorations is neat and clean. the rooms are cleaned daily.. CLEANED. i have left sand on the floor, and other bits lying around.. the floors are washed down. i have left my electrical items out. the hotel is safe, the staff are trustworthy. i have left a bag unattended, and Mohammed at the pool bar took it in and kept it for me. he is so honest he wanted me to check it was all ok before i took it back. i would trust him with anything.
off season the main pools are chilly, so the quiet pool which is heated would be the place for a dip.
the main restaurant has an excellent range of food catering to almost all tastes. personally i dont like the Russian night, so i ate in the Italian that night. the Italian restaurant is absolutely superb. i have only eaten in the Indian once and found the food quite rich- very tasty though. one of my concerns when coming to Egypt is the food hygiene. a MAJOR reason i return to the SG is that on all of my visits i have returned with NO PROBLEMS. its no fun returning home with a 3-4 week tummy infection.. i NEVER have from the SG. i return because i want to keep it that way.

drinks.. watered down? not a chance in hell. i drink vodka shots. they are not watered down. the vodka in the SG is not far off that of one of the premium £40 vodkas i drink. the gin, is gin..to be honest, if you think they are watered down, drink 2.. but they are straight out of the bottle at 40%. to say anything else is stupid.
i think the staff are amazing. if you have been before, they remember you. It is quite impressive that they do. i dont think they give you any "preferential treatment" but clearly if they know what you want and you are nice to them they will be able to serve you better. I dont believe it is a matter of when you tip, or IF you tip. the quality of their service is the same now as on my first visit.
the Manager Mr Basel Khedr leads from the front. If there is a problem he will sort it if at all possible. some things even he cant do though. he and his staff havent failed me at any point during my 7-8 return visits. i recommend this hotel to everyone i know.

on my last trip there were a couple of issues though.. one was a moron cage fighter who was Mr. Angry and complained to everyone about everything and threatened other guests. he is not representative of the guests at the SG who are also some of the nicest people you will meet too. i have made friends there, and there is a good family atmosphere. i have taken my kids there and am happy that they are safe and looked after. one lady i met here was on her own and the staff kept an eye on her to make sure she was happy and had company if she needed it. i believe that is beyond the call of duty.
i have said it before in a previous review but i have spoken to many of the staff about their managers, and they all have the greatest respect for the managers. How many people can say that in a company. i have witnessed the staff looking after their managers and vica versa.. and they all transfer that care and consideration to the guests they look after.

Room Tip: the 101 block is great. the 600,s are a bit further away from reception but are junior suites close...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank glennlobo

Dear glennlobo,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind and informative review. We appreciate your patronage and your continued support and hope to be able to continue to meet and exceed your expectations in future visits.

We look forward to hosting you again this Summer and we remain at your service.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

I have just returned from my second visit to Saltan Gardens and we are looking at booking our third holiday as we enjoyed our time there so much. This hotel has it all great pools, the beach, great food and you can't beat the Egyptian weather. Those things aside what really makes this hotel a real gem to visit is the staff. I don't think I have been anywhere where the staff are so friendly and accommodating and will always try to make your holiday as enjoyable as it can be. The staff all work such long hours and they are always on the go however they always have a smile on their face and always say hi to you. A special thanks has to go out to Ahmed at the pool bar who was always bringing us drinks and taking care of all our needs to the point that 5 days into the holiday it had dawned on me that I hadn't left my sun lounger once to go to the bar to get a drink as Ahmed kept bringing them out to us. Also a special thanks to Abo and Mohammed in the Oasis bar. Mohammed makes the best cocktails!!! (Please don't ever let him leave Sultan gardens just his cocktails are worth returning for). Lastly all the waiters in the restaurants deserve a thanks they also work very hard and always ask you how you are and if you are having a good time. To give a fair and honest review there are other hotels that you can go to that may be newer or have better ameneties and an Egyptian 5* hotel may not be the same as a 5* in other countries but what keeps people coming back time after time to this hotel is the staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a an all inclusive holiday and I will hopefully be booking my third visit soon.

2  Thank AnnaLambo

Dear AnnaLambo,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind and helpful review. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your second stay with us and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

The Sultan Gardens Resort is not a great impersonal monolith of glass and marble that is all show and no substance. Sultan Gardens is built in a more traditional style and is set in stylish, expansive grounds and gardens which are always kept really well. It has a lovely relaxing, welcoming atmosphere and all of the staff at this hotel are friendly and helpful and all go out of their way to ensure that you are well looked after. This is our fourth visit to this hotel and each time we have thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We returned to the UK on the 13th May after a lovely holiday. There are four swimming pools and also the beach and getting a sunbed is not a problem. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable and the hotel is kept really clean. There always seems to be a rolling programme of improvements and upgrades at this hotel to keep the standard consistent. All of the staff seem to take great pride in their jobs and this is reflected throughout in all areas. The food is plentiful and varied and there is a wide selection for people to choose from. There is also an adults only section upstairs in the restaurant which is greatly appreciated by couples and groups of adults holidaying without children. There are four restaurants on the complex that guests can book. There is a fish restaurant, a Cajun restaurant, an Indian restaurant and an Italian restaurant. There is a small charge for the fish restaurant and the Cajun restaurant. We used the Indian restaurant and also the Italian restaurant and we enjoyed both of these. There is also a varied entertainment - animation programme each evening that is suitable for all ages. We would particularly like to thank all of the staff who looked after us so well by the quiet pool during our stay and we are already planning to return next year.

Room Tip: This is a low rise hotel and choice of room is dependent on the individual. The less mobile and old...
1  Thank Jennifer L

Dear Jennifer L,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind and informative review. We appreciate your feedback and we all look forward to hosting you again soon.