Sultan Gardens Resort
$71
$63
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$80
Hyatt.com
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$58
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Sharks Bay Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$62
  • Pool
$182
$136
6,970 results
All reviewscasa miaquiet poolmain restaurantitalian restaurantanimation teamfishtiran islandgreat holidaysea viewnaama baykids poolbar staffspecial mentionbelly dancingkids clubthemed nightssomething for everyone
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We have just returned after another week here , our 8th stay .
Always a very warm welcome from both staff and management , familiar faces all round .
Our usual block 800 room was waiting for us , spotless & comfortable as usual.
Food seems to get better all the time, minor changes to the many dishes , always fresh & appetizing . We both eat a variety of foods ( rice, salads, ice cream, pasta, meats, soups,burgers etc) & have never had any stomach issues . There are vast options available every day , no one can say there`s nothing to eat here . Also, if you require anything for dietary needs etc , just ask, it will be provided .

The staff really cannot do enough for you , waiters remember your drinks, beach staff/pool staff remember if you need shade, animation all stop by several times each day for a chat ,managers are always around - do speak to them too , they always help if you need anything.
Rooms are kept clean all week, lovely fluffy towels, changed daily , comfortable beds & excellent aircon . Tea/coffee & water refilled daily .

This is most definitely a hotel you can rely on , we`ll be back....soon.

Room Tip: 800 junior suites are a good location
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kmeWales
bkhedr, General Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Dear kmeWales,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind review. It was a pleasure to host you again and we all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

As the title says - 3rd visit. And once again the Sultan Gardens Hotel & staff came up trumps. It's very difficult to give anything five stars, but I'd certainly give it four and a half if I could.

The hotel itself is clean, well maintained, has good facilities & nothing at all that stands out as a really bad point. But, as I'm sure other posters highlight, just about the main strength of the SG is the quality of the staff - always friendly, always helpful............nothing is too much trouble.

If I had to provide one criticism (purely to give this post a bit of balance) it would be the lack of 'free' or indeed 'reasonably priced' wi-fi..........from memory it is 10 Euro a day per device. This when you have 2 teenagers feeling as though their limbs have been cut-off due to lack of connectivity is an issue. As my eldest says - wi-fi is a basic human right in this day and age !!!!!

As a family Sharm as a main holiday may be behind us now, but should we venture back for a spot of winter sun we'll have no hesitation in re-booking the Sultan Gardens.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank david g

Dear david g,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind review. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us and we appreciate your feedback.

Regarding WIFI access, please note that all guests are provided with complimentary WIFI access available in the lobby. WIFI access in guest rooms and throughout the property is available against supplement or as part of the Sultan Class all inclusive board option. We apologize if any guest has encountered any inconvenience or difficulty with the network due to bandwidth or stability issues resulting from the city's infrastructure which are beyond our control. The resort has been informed by the authorities that new fiber optic cables will be installed soon to replace the old phone lines and allow for better quality internet in Sharm el Sheikh. We hope this project will be completed soon.

Thank you again for your patronage and your feedback. We hope to see you again soon and we remain at your service.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

My husband and I went to the Sultan Gardens Resort in March and loved every minute of it. From arriving to leaving nothing was to much trouble for any of the staff. We were really impressed that they had an adult area for eating as this was unexpected, the food was the best we had had in any of the hotels we had stayed in in Egypt. Will definitely be going again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a room near reception overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sue S

Dear Sue S,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind review. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will return soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We had booked our Easter holiday to Egypt last year. We were originally staying in Dahab at a small and friendly hotel, as we prefer this type of accommodation. Due to the Foreign Office advising against travel to anywhere in Egypt except Sharm, we were no longer insured to travel to Dahab (please check with your insurance company if you are planning on going outside of Sharm, as we have very good business insurance, but they still refused to insure us if we left the Sharm area) so we had to cancel our Dahab hotel and find an alternative in Sharm. We had a bit of a bad Sharm hotel experience previously, so we weren't really looking forward to the prospect of Sharm again, but we had no choice. I booked The Sultan Gardens purely based on the excellent reviews - surely that many people can't be wrong can they?

They are not wrong. Whilst the Sultan Gardens would never have been a resort we would have chosen as we really don't like large complex style hotels, from the minute we arrived they impressed us. We had to wait at check-in as there was a bit of a queue, but they asked us to get a drink at the bar, and within 10 minutes we had our paperwork and keys. This is a very large complex, and it is extremely steep up and down hill and steps access all areas, so if you have any mobility difficulties or you are elderly and would struggle with steep steps and hills then this resort may not be ideal for you. We were taken to our hotel room block by the resort bus that runs up and down the hill. I had booked a sea view room, and wasn't really sure how good this was until the next morning when I could see the view properly, and it was lovely. The bedroom was the best I have had in any of the Egypt resorts I have stayed in ( 6 previous holidays at a variety of places ). The bathroom had a large half-bath with shower over; previously we have had to squeeze into a tiny shower cubicle. The bed was very comfortable, and there was a large flat screen TV on the wall. The bathroom and beach towels were soft, good quality and large enough. The boy that cleaned our room was excellent. As anyone who has previously been to The Red Sea will have learnt, if you tip just £1 a couple of times during your holiday to any of the staff who give you good service they are very grateful, and there is often a time during your holiday when it gets paid back to you in kind. Whilst this is definitely a family resort as is very geared up with lots of entertainment and facilities, it also somehow manages to work for couples seeking a quiet escape as well. The separate adults only dining room is a really nice feature. This restaurant offers the standard run of the mill buffet style food, but it was certainly good enough and two chefs are there to carve meat and cook fresh pasta should you want it. Compared to all my previous visits to Egypt the food was very good and the staff were excellent. I also liked the choice of swimming pools; the large noisy activity filled ones, the family and small children's one which was really hot, and the quiet pool which was mainly adults. Any children who did come to this pool with their parents were very quiet and behaved very well. The bar staff bringing you drinks all day is a very nice touch, and tipping just £1 a couple of times a week ensures you superb service for the duration of your stay - it's up to you if you think it's worth it! The staff are excellent, and extremely well mannered. They like to talk to you, and if you are willing to stop and have a chat, they will remember you were polite to them - some nationalities are not quite so polite; these particular guests may not get served at the bar as fast as you!

I didn't expect to have a brilliant time, but I did. This huge resort somehow manages to offer a very personal service, and has real personality - something I have never found anywhere in a large hotel. I believe it is possibly due to the attitude the staff have. I really enjoyed my week; I wished the sea had not been so rough as we love to snorkel, but we did manage to get out for just one day, and the reef, coral and fish were wonderful. Because of the problems Egypt has had the hotel was not full, which for Eater week is not very good for them. Because of this there were plenty of sunbeds, and no fighting for tables in the restaurant; I don't know if I would have liked this resort quite so much, had it of been very busy.

Book a table at the Indian and Italian restaurants as soon as you arrive, to avoid disappointment, These restaurants are lovely. Don't expect too much from the Indian, as the food doesn't taste like Indian but it's an enjoyable experience. The Italian Restaurant is superb.

I never thought I would say this about a large complex style resort, but I would go back to this one. I would recommend it to active couples and families, but not to anyone with mobility problems or the elderly. Whilst there were guests there in wheelchairs, it is definitely not suitable as there are steps and steep hills across the whole of the complex.

Room Tip: Paying extra for a sea view room is worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank LisaFreeman

Dear LisaFreeman,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind and informative review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We all hope to host you again soon and we remain at your service.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We visited SG again for the 5th time in March and once again we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were once again made to feel very welcome from arrival right through to the day we left and it was lovely to see the staff again that we have come to know over the last 5 years.

Each time we holiday at SG and tell our friends back home what a wonderful place it is and how nice the staff are, we end up with more people wanting to go! This time we were a group of 16 but we have already booked 22 of us in for next year! If that is not recommendation enough I don't know what is. The good thing is that, even though we are a large group there were no issues with service or being able to get sunbeds together. The staff take it all in their stride and do what they can to accommodate all the guests.

We were pleased to see even more improvements had been made since our last visit such as changes to the beach area including a patio area in front of the bar with seating that overlooks the beach and sea and also windbreaks on some of the sunbeds to ensure you aren't bothered by the sea breeze if you don't want it.

This year we booked on the kitchen tour as we had never been on it previously, we were amazed at how clean and organised everything was. We had expected to walk from the dining room into the kitchens at the back but they are actually down on another level and spread out like an underground city!. It was fascinating to watch the bread rolls being made and refreshing to hear that everything is made fresh on the premises.

We're already looking forward to next year - but if any more of our friends decide to go I think Mr Gad (Karim) will need to give me tour operator status and a better discount!

If anyone is reviewing this resort with a view to booking and has any questions, message me on TA and I will do my best to answer them.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Gill H
bkhedr, General Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Gill H,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind and detailed review. It was a pleasure to host you again and we all look forward to your next stay with us.