“Can't wait to come back.”

Sultan Gardens Resort
Ranked #22 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We were at Sultan Gardens from 16-23 November and, if anything, had an even better holiday than last year. We were welcomed back like old friends by many of the staff. The staff here are excellent; they can't do enough for you and always have a smile on their faces. Sorry I can't remember all your names, but special mentions have to go to our so-helpful room cleaner (we were in 111), Ahmed in the El Shalal bar, Aziz in the main restaurant, Muhamed the beach waiter (who makes sure you never go thirsty!), Labib, the beach lifeguard, and the waiter in the quiet pool bar who always knew when I wanted my afternoon coffee. As returning guests, we were invited to a cocktail party at the quiet pool on Wednesday night, where the management talked to everyone and it was good to be able to express our opinions (and they were all complimentary!) personally. The food all week was superb and, since our last visit, the House of Spice Indian restaurant has opened - this was, in my opinion, the best meal we had all week although the Italian, Casa Mia, was also excellent and we were never short of choice in the main restaurant. Unfortunately, the adults-only upstairs restaurant was closed due to the fact that the hotel was only 65% full following recent troubles in Egypt, but I can understand that the cost of opening both restaurants would be unjustified, to say nothing of the wastage that would occur. There is a weekly kitchen tour when Ehmed, the chief sous-chef, proudly shows any interested guests round his kitchens and explains the sky-high hygiene standards and other policies (e.g. not leaving cooked food on the hotplates for too long) - if you get ill here it won't be the fault of the kitchens! We spent almost all week on the beach, where the snorkelling is out-of-this-world, and saw even more (different) fish than we did last year. We didn't take part in much of the evening entertainment, but the 2 shows we saw (Chinese acrobats and fire show) were very enjoyable. Yes, the Wi-fi in reception does vary from slow to snail-like, but that's not the fault of the hotel - it's Egyptian connection speeds! All-in-all, it was another memorable holiday - for all the right reasons - and we have already booked to return next year. If you're undecided as to whether to go to Sultan Gardens, just give it a try - you won't regret it.

2  Thank MikeetJan
bkhedr, General Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear MikeetJan,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your detailed and helpful review. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your second stay with us and we all look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We have not been to Sharm since 2008, at which time we stayed in the "Royal Savoy". This is one of the top ranked hotels in the area. In our opinion the Sultan Gardens would give it a good run for its money, and even surpass it when comparing the difference in prices between the two and the shear value for money.We stayed 27th Nov for one week but to keep this review short I side with the "Excellent's" lets face it 2654 ( and counting) cant all be wrong, whereas the 46 moaners can be. Take in all the positives and please do not be put off by negative reviews. The only down side to our stay occurred on the day we had to check out. I ended up on a drip in the clinic being pumped full of saline and antibiotics due to acute gastro enteritis.!!!!!!!!!! still wouldn't mark the hotel down though as s**t happens. We will be going back next year around the same time.

Room Tip: the 100's are nice and close to the reception, restaurants,etc, we had room 140.
1  Thank miloNewcastel

Dear miloNewCastel,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your kind and complimentary review. We appreciate your feedback and are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We all eagerly look forward to your next stay with us and we remain at your service.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We visited Sharm for the 1st time at the beginning of November.
Because it was our 20th wedding anniversary on 5th November we wanted somewhere a bit special so we decided to stay at the Aqua Blu for 4 nights (as our 9 year old loves water parks) then onto the Sultan for 5 nights.

We chose the Sultan after putting in a request at tripadvisor as to which hotel we should choose as there seems to be lots of *5 star* hotels in Sharm.

After admitting that we had chosen the Sultan on Tripadvisor I received a nice email from Basel thanking us for choosing them and to contact him if we had any special requests.

So I did .........

I wrote and explained that it was our 20th wedding anniversary on the 5th, and would they be able to assist with the transfer from the Aqua Blu to the Sultan on the 4th.
I also requested a pool view room block 100, and for a booking at the Casa Mia on the 5th.

No problem said Basel..........

So off we went to Sharm stayed at the AquaBlu - Checked out on the 4th and sat waiting at our designated pickup time - wondering if anyone would turn up .....

Why did I worry.
The Sultans logo-ed shuttle duly arrived 20 mins early, we were greeted by the uniformed driver who shook our hand and then whisked us off to the hotel.

We were greeted by name by the receptionist who grinned and said "we have got a great room for you' and waved the room card in front of us and said this is your view ....

We were placed in room 146 which had a stunning view of the pool and the sea (and Tirran Island)

Unfortunately the 1st night the air conditioning didn't work, we reported it to reception at 8am, it was fixed by 10.30 - excellent service.

On our anniversary we went to the casa mia - the food was excellent. made even more special as we were given a cake and a congratulatory letter from Sultan Gardens.

The food overall was excellent, pasta station, soups, salads, and lots of meat, rice, vegetables for lunch and tea.
Breakfast had yogurts, egg station, fruit, pastries.
Every day there was food at the pool bar (chips, chicken etc)

The snorkeling was good, Ive never been to the red sea before so can't compare the house reef.

Entertainment was good, acrobatics, fire eaters, dancers - the usual for a multi national hotel.

The pools were excellent, 2 heated (the quiet pool & kids pool) the 2 big ones were cold, but lovely !!

The bar staff were excellent and were attentive to our drinks, as was the towel man, sorry cant remember their names.
Also the staff in the dinning room were also excellent.

The only things I didn't like was being asked if I wanted Spa or Rasta hair, diving, excursions over and over.
Eventually on the 3rd day they left us alone
At the Aqua Blu we were approached constantly, and I got really fed up with it, so I probably sounded quiet rude when at the Sultan.
It would be nice to have something to show that we weren't interested in buying anything - a paddle or something

The other annoyance was having to barter at the shops.
Please just price your goods at what you want. My daughter got quiet upset when I refused to pay £25 for 3 wooden cats that she really loved which I eventually got for £13understand t

I managed to see Basil at the pool (he was often walking around talking to the guests) and managed to thank him in person for making our anniversary so lovely.

The Sultan Gardens is a lovely hotel, Staff are great, its clean and comfortable. The food is good. I wouldn't hesitate recommending it
I would go back !!!

Room Tip: Rooms 142 - 148 lovely views of the pools, Sea & Tirran Island
3  Thank ronniebs

Dear ronniebs,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your detailed and informative review. We appreciate your feedback and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to hosting you again soon and to providing an even better experience during your next stay with us.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I would really recommend the Sultan Gardens for it's excellent customer service, facilities, food selection and high standards. The staff are very friendly and helpful and made our stay there really enjoyable. A`special mention for Mahmoud at the quiet pool was and Ramadam in the restaurant (outside) , who were just lovely.
I would love to make a return visit next year.

1  Thank Jennifer H

Dear WallyD0g,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your review. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again next year.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Our second visit to Sultan Gardens was everything we expected once again. Stayed 20-27th Nov. We were welcomed back by reception & it was lovely to see so many of the staff we knew from our first visit - and for them to remember us. I cannot fault this resort, the staff, facilities, food, service, grounds - it's all wonderful.
We were looked after my Mahmoud at the quiet pool everyday, a true gentleman. Nothing is ever too much trouble, he took the time to check on all his guests, moving sun beds, umbrellas & tables as people desired. I don't think i saw him sit down once while we were there (Everyday 9-3) he always had the biggest smile on his face. His collegues in the bar are also to be commended - and while we were there Ahmed was promoted to the Al Shalal bar, so we missed him one day but caught up with him later on when he told us his good news. We love the Al Shalal bar - a stop off at the end of the day's sun & then again for the rest of the night after dinner. Abdul seems to have a second sense to know just as you are finishing your drink, as the next arrives before you get the glass back to the table. Aziz in the restaurant is still there & even remembered what we liked to drink, so attentive & more than happy to go the extra mile every meal. It is these wonderful people who make our holiday such a joy & they are the reason we will be back again next year - with my grandmother, as having seen a couple of guests with mobility problems being given so much assistance this year I know i can bring her & she'll be treated with respect & cared for exactly as we would.
I would say to anyone who visits Sharm - not just this resort - buy your mosquito repellant over there. A product called OFF - the pharmacy on resort recommended it after I had been bitten using a well known british product & it's fab! The guys in the pharmacy are great, loads of advice & have everything you'll need. We even bought out sun protection from them this year.
Just know, if you choose Sultan Gardens, you WILL be looked after from the start of your stay till the end. There is a reason so many people return year after year :D

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, let the hotel know ASAP & they'll put you in a suitable room.
1  Thank MrsHelmke

Dear MrsHelmke,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your detailed review. We appreciate your feedback and eagerly look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This was my 7th visit to this hotel and I will be returning in March .We stayed for 9 nights 5-14th November and as usual had a brilliant time .The management and staff at this hotel are brilliant please if you have any problem what so ever go to the desk and sort it out dont wait till you get home as they will do their upmost to solve it immediately. We have so many friends here now that I could name everyone but days spent on the quiet pool I must thank Ahmed on the bar and Maher from recreation for looking after us top class.At night we just chilled at the lobby bar with our friends that worked there they just could not do enough.Mr Gad and Mr Abdallah you will know who I am please dont be catching me up I have just gone over level 200. Not many hotels you can have a laugh with the management on passing just brill.Please try the specialist restaraunts I love the Italian such class food.Anyway if you do have any questions at all I am happy to answer them if you email me .See you all on the 20th March take care till then.

Room Tip: We had a room by the quiet pool so easy just to slip back
1  Thank claire43blu

Dear claire43blu,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your detailed review. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us and we appreciate your feedback.

We all look forward to seeing you again in March and we remain at your service.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

It was my fourth time at the Sultan Gardens and definitely not the last - what more do I have to say??? A great place to snorchel, to swim, to relax. Maybe there are hotels where the beach is bigger, the rooms newer and you can choose between more soups for diner - but it will be hard to find a hotel that makes you feel better! The whole team is just fantastic and cares for you every minute of your stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Sybille K

Dear Sybille K,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your review. It was a pleasure to host you again and we all look forward to your next stay with us.