We stayed at the sultan gardens on 22nd July 2013 for one week. This trip was our long awaited honeymoon, we left our children at home with our parents. We chose this hotel due to a recommendation from a friend and due to the fantastic reviews. We arrived at around 6pm at the hotel, we were shown to our room which was a suite, on arriving in the room we found that the rooms were very clean but extremely outdated. We agreed that this wouldn't be a problem if the rest of the hotel lived up to expectations. We then went for our tea, again we were extremely disappointed at the choice of foods, but we were determined to enjoy ourselves.
The next day we went for breakfast, and again barely ate! We then went on the hunt for a nice lively pool, we struggled to find it the hotel was like a ghost town, we struggled to determine which pool was the quiet one and which ones weren't. The lively friendly atmosphere written about on here was nowhere to be seen. We went for a meal to the Italian, this was fantastic, but made me even more frustrated that it was obvious that the hotel was capable of good food, but this was not reflected during any of the other mealtimes.
Over the next couple of days things were niggling at us, you had to pay extra for fresh juices and fresh fruit, you couldn't enjoy an all inclusive ice cream until 3pm.
We decided to go and speak to a manager, this was successful he agreed that the entertainment was to be moved to by the main pool due to others complaining, we were allowed fresh juices in the morning and had a fruit basket delivered to our room, he also stated that we the evening discotheque was included in the all inclusive, apart form a saturday when they have a white party. He also offered us to keep our room until we departed on our last day.We were also offered a room change we were shown two rooms, a refurbished one and a sea view room, a note to guests who think they are going to a refurbished room.... they are exactly the same apart from a lick of paint, they are still extremely outdated, but clean.
So we moved to a 'refurbed' room only down to location, it had a pool view.
We started to relax and enjoy our holiday a bit more, we coped with the fact that the food wasn't very nice and picked at what we could, the food was always fresh and hot, we did find that some of the other guests poor habits were petty bad, particularly the egyptian ones, they would pick food up with their fingers, put them back lick their fingers and touch the food again. Both me and my husband had poorly tummies throughout our stay but we believe that it was not due to the hotel directly but the poor habits of some of the other guests. On the friday of our stay we went back to our room at around 5pm we sat reading for a while when i noticed a stench of smoke, we hunted around the room, there was a fire in the air-conditioning unit in the bath room, we contacted reception and they said someone was on their way, my husband managed to put out the fire but we could not be sure if it was all gone. Twenty minutes later there was still no sign of help we contacted them again they assured someone was on their way, 10 more minutes passed before some one arrived, a manager poked his head in then left again leaving three maintenance men, who told us they were awaiting an engineer. An engineer arrived and took around 45 minutes to fix the problem an fix the electrics that had been tripped out.
By this time we were late for our meal at the indian restaurant, we went to complain to the manager stating that whilst we were aware that the fire was accidental their attendance time was unacceptable it was very lucky that we weren't asleep. The manager agreed and acknowledged this and stated whilst it was no excuse but the time that we rung was 6.30pm and breakfast time due to ramadan, all staff were eating, he offered us a meal in the steak house free of charge on the next night. He told us he would book and sort everything we were to turn up at 8pm on saturday at the steakhouse. We enjoyed our meal at the steak house but even this was not without is issues, we tried to order the ribeye each only to be told they only had the one steak available because you needed to pre order, miraculously they managed to find us some steaks but we had to fight over who would have the sirloin and who would have the ribeye, totally unacceptable and just another negative to our holiday.
The overall service at the hotel was ok but only if you tipped every person you spoke to, i don't mind tipping but excellent service should come as standard when you claim to be a 5 star hotel.
Every issue we approached the management with were sorted, however we feel we should not have had to approach them in the first place, this being a 5 star hotel.
We will not return to this hotel, our long awaited honey moon was ruined, this is such a shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the finest resorts on the Red Sea; The multiple Award winning, certified Eco Friendly, Sultan Gardens Resort in Sharm el Sheikh is your ideal All Inclusive holiday destination in Southern Sinai. The resort boasts 220 meters of private sandy beaches, beautiful coral formations, and an unrivaled view of the stunning Tiran Island. The resort also features five large, freshwater swimming pools as well 550 guest rooms ranging from the comfortable and spacious Standard rooms, to the luxurious Premium rooms and suites feasting in room Jacuzzis, all the way to the ultimate option of holidaying in your own private beachfront villa. The Sultan Gardens Resort is not just about great rooms, gorgeous pools and an unbeatable location. Everyone involved in Sultan Gardens Resort’s success is a firm believer that dining is an integral part of any holiday and recognizes the importance of offering delicious, exciting food coupled with inspired service. Guests will be impressed with the wealth of choice on offer whether they are dining in one of our six award winning themed restaurants, enjoying themselves at one of our 9 bars, or taking advantage of 24 hour room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sultan Gardens Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sultan Gardens Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sultan Gardens Sharm El Sheikh
- Sultan Garden Resort Sharm El Sheikh