“Amazing Hotel No Complaints”

Sultan Gardens Resort
Ranked #22 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
dublin
“Amazing Hotel No Complaints”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

what an amazing holiday

26 June 2013

Stayed at the Sultan Gardens Resort in April last. I must say it was a holiday to remember. I stayed there with my daughter and my grand daughter aged 2. The room we originally got was too far from reception so we asked to be moved the day after we arrived. We asked if it was possible to be put in rooms 101 - 180 Within 2 hours we were moved and guess what no room we got? 101. This was only one example of how friendly and helpful the staff of this hotel are. The management of this hotel have thought of everything, from hammocks to sheltered areas at the beach while you wait for the bus. There was nothing I could fault everything was perfect. Because myself and my daughter are such fussy eaters I was worried about the all inclusive, but there was no need the food here is great. The variety is unbelievable and tasty. NOTHING BLAND HERE. During our stay we were phoned from reception on a number of occasions to ask how we were enjoying our stay and if there was anything that could be done to make our holiday more enjoyable. I have been to Egypt about 8 times and stayed in a number of hotels all over the world but this hotel far outshone them all. I have also never seen a person employed in a hotel to sit at the top of the slide to make sure that the children go down the slide in the proper way. Finally I would like to say that a porter helps you with your luggage on arrival at your hotel but at this hotel when we were checking out at 5am a porter came to help us with our luggage. This is what I mean about this hotel thinking of everything. Well done management I give your hotel full marks and would have no hesitation in recommending it to my friends. Hopefully I will return next year.

Room Tip: As per review
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank karencDublin
bkhedr, Owner at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear karencDublin,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your kind and helpful review. We appreciate you taking the time to post your review, particularly as Sultan Gardens Resort makes no effort to request or reward guests for doing so.

It was a pleasure to host you and we hope you will return soon.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,137)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed June 26, 2013

hi guys my name is osama hamdan from jordan i usually do not write about my trip but this time i had to so i can do justice to the host that made me and my family have the greatest time in my life better even than hawaii when i was there,and i been all over the world . i am in food and services also so trust what i tell you about this hotel .first no way you can get sick from a hotel as clean as this one.the food is soo good for an open buffet in such a big crowd and the rooms looking at the sea view is breathtaking and the treatment from the staff over warming and who ever called it sultan gardens was write in naming it that because the landscaping very well taking care of and so nice and the walking between all the gardens are so relaxing ,the active tty like snorkling is the best they have a very long beach and a very clean one and you can dive,or parachuting ,or banana ride and many other things or you can swim in there so clean pools and the most i like it was mixed from many country english ,italian ,jordanians ,little rusians and at last this is a family hotel for sure,enjoy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
bkhedr, Owner at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Osama H,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind review. It was a pleasure to host you and we hope you will return soon.

Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great hotel,freindly staff,the kids loved the holiday, did not want to come home.The food even suited the kids which is unusal for my two.The pools had plently of space around them,you could even move around following the sun.It is a great idea to have a adults only restuarant with so many kids running around.Nice sandy beach,great to swim with the fishes.
Wifi a bit slow in the afternoon,but it worked.
We will return another day to enjoy relaxing by the pool.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
bkhedr, Owner at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear martyn1962,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your kind review. It was a pleasure to host you and we all look forward to your return.

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is our second trip to this hotel - Everything was fantastic.

The weather was hot, the facitlities great and the staff attentive.

We were there from 13 June 2013 for 9 nights. Our room whilst a little dated was clean and well kept and cleaned well. We choose to stay by 'pool 1' which is essentially an adult pool, so there were no children jumping on us , or shouting and also no spa / gym/ dive or trip reps allowed to bother you whilst you are around this pool. The drinks were plentiful and there was a constant supply of fresh cold water as needed. Salah the 'towel man' was cheerful & very helpful - & also supplied buckets of ice with flannels for cooling down or sticking your drinks in - nice touch.

The food in the resort was fresh and good ( and again there is an 'adult resturant section - perfect). We tried the Italian and Indian ( included in our all inclusive fee) and the Steak House ( over looking sea - total cost for 2 including drinks £50) The staff in each of these were attentive and helpful without being over the top.

Basel the general manager , goes around to speak to everyone once a week to check that everyone is having a good time and put right any issues anyone has - so if you have an issue there is always the chance to put it right or look into it. We had no issues.

Were our bellies a little 'sensitive' after 9 days ? - absolutely , but this is no reflection on the hotel. We live active lives, in the UK weather - we got to Egypt, barely moved and was in 40 degrees, - our bodies we bound to be slightly ' off kilter' - The whole hotel is immaculate, and whilst we were only left 1 bottle of water in the room everyday, there are water coolers with bottled water all around the resort, which you can fill your bottles from or use the cups supplied - this is not limited in any way so there is no excuse to be dehyrated.

We used the Gym which has everything you need ( if not the most up to date equipment it was very adequate) . We also visited Soho square twice , which is 10 minutes taxi drive away, there were the usual shops and nice places to eat here and the added bonus that I assume because this Savoy hotel backs on to this , no one is allowed to 'hassle ' you , so you are able to browse the shops freely without getting pulled in different directions and shouted at ( Nabq bay !!)
We are 2 girls travelling together and have stayed in other Egpyptian resorts and found the staff to be a little 'creepy' at best - there was absolutely none of this at this resort, I felt totally at ease. I cant recommend this hotel enough - if your ideal holiday , is sunbathing , swimming and a few nice meals you wont beat it.

Will defintiely be returning.

Room Tip: some of the rooms have been updated - may be it would be worth asking for one of these but we didnt...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank KIMV383
bkhedr, General Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear KIMV383,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your detailed review. It was a pleasure to host you again and we are very happy to read that you enjoyed your second stay with us.

We look forward to your next stay with us and we remain at your service.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I would like to say I loved my stay like I did last year but unfortunately I didn't. The staff were great as usual but the management let me down very badly. I visited the hotel back in January and unfortunately I broke my wrist whilst walking back from the pool in the quiet area to my sunbed. I was completely sober. I tripped and fell heavily on what I realised later were floors that were slippy when wet. Normally surfaces around pools would be non-slip but for some reason this floor was like an ice rink. There were no warnings to indicate that the floor was slippy. I was hospitalised for three days and in that time no one from management came to visit. When I broke my wrist I was encorted up to the pharmacy where the chemist insisted there and then to give him 12 euro's for a sling. I didn't have anything on me so he finally agreed to waive it until I got out of the hospital. Once out of the hospital I immediately received the bill for the sling (for some reason I thought this small cost would have been waived) but the management offered me a bunch of flowers and room service. I told the hotel manager I had legs that were fine and could walk to the restaurants. After that the management avoided me and didn't apologise for what had happened. They knew these floors were slippy when wet but didn't alert people to it before and after the accident.

I realise that most people will love their stay but if you have an accident don't look at the management for help. They'll just offer you a bunch of flowers.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view before you go
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank SteveandJenn1
bkhedr, Owner at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear SteveandJenn1,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort. It was a pleasure to host you again and we are very sorry to read your most recent review.

We understand where you are coming from, as it is normal for guests to be disappointed if injured while on holiday. We regret that this happened and that you felt the management response was inadequate we must stress that we disagree with you on this point. Certainly the idea that management was "avoiding you" is not at all accurate and management got involved in the case and took what it deemed to be suitable and appropriate action at every turn.

Regardless, the fact that you were left with this impression cannot be ignored and will be kept in consideration moving forward.

Thank you again. We hope that you will return soon for your third visit and we remain at your service as always.

PRESTON
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

My previous reviews have been very detailed about SGR which you could read here. So all I want to say is that we were supposed to be having my partners 50th here at home with friends and family.....

But he will be celebrating his 50th at Sultan garden resort instead! Thats how much we love this place.

For us to return to the same hotel for a 3rd time was unheard of....but just booked our fourth 2 week stay! Its the staff who make this place so special...especially Ahmed Hafez at the pool bar...the Legendary Lofty in the main restraunt....Ahmed Kamal...so many really great people...and of course the stunning hotel itself.

So dont just think about it.....BOOK IT!
So looking forward to being there....roll on AUGUST!!!

If anyone has any questions, please dont hesitate to contact me.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank RussnLee
bkhedr, Owner at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear RussnLee,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort. Thank you also for taking the time to post your kind review. It is very much appreciated particularly as Sultan Gardens Resort prides itself on earning reviews in an organic fashion without requesting them or offering services in exchange for them.

We eagerlylook forward to your return and we remain at your service as always.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just returned from an amazing 10 days at this hotel and would thoroughly recommend it to everyone looking for a good all round holiday with great food, entertainment, close to the beach and friendly enthusiastic staff.

I would like to mention particularly the staff who stood out for us and made our holiday that extra bit special. the animation team: Chiko, Moose, and Rami all made us laugh and kept us entertained the whole time - we are still haunted by the yells of "WATER POLOOOOOO" several times a day hehe... Ehab in the restaurant was excellent, was very funny and entertained the kids everyday. The towel man (recreation team) were all very helpful and kept the kids entertained with donald duck impressions. The pool bar staff were brilliant, bringing us drinks everyday while we sunbathed what more could u ask for. Labieb who worked mainly on the jetti was also extremely helpful and was always at hand to help with snorkels, lend lost masks etc.

We took advantage of the beauty treatments at the hotel, we had a full body massage and 2 facials, which were lovely, Oscar really looked after us and we felt truly pampered :-)

TRIPS.... We done quad biking, though I would recommend paying a bit extra if you want to go faster or else you will be in a group staying in a straight line and not going very fast, if you want speed its worth paying for a private group... the scenery was lovely, in the desert around sunset, we stopped at the bedouin place, and its worth taking some extra money to get drinks and give them a tip. Also bare in mind that whatever trip you do, you will be photographed or videoed and will be pressured to buy them....

We done the submarine trip which worked out £30 each, this was at the old market area, it was a good trip and saw lots of fish, though i dont feel it was worth £30.

Star Gazing was good, we went by coach to where we got the camels who took us up the mountain, you will be hassled to buy the scarf and then the bedouin children are relentless in asking for tips! We then had to climb a small mountain to see the sunset and i would recommend wearing decent shoes as i had flip flops on and nearly went over a few times! The food was nice and we saw the moon and saturn through the big poweful telescopes.

Me and my ten year old son done the private speed boat trip to tiran island which was awesome... thought he speed boat was a bit hair rasing and not for people with a bad back lol... it stoppped off near a ship wreck where we jumped in and snorkelled and saw some amazing fish then stopped at tiran island for about half hour for more snorkelling... we saw the dolphins too which was the highlight of the trip!!

TIPPING - we were told that they preferred english money, however that wasnt the case, they didnt take english coins at the market as said they had trouble changing it back up, so next time i would definately take egyptian money or american dollars for tips... I normally gave £2 every other day or so, as they worked so hard and remembered all our names and what drinks we all wanted.

FOOD - the food was amazing, there was a different theme every night, indian, thai, chinese, egyptian etc... there was so much choice and the puddings were out of this world. Missing the egg station in the morning where they make your eggs fresh for you, how ever u like them - omelets fried, eggs Benedict etc. We had one meal in the Indian which was lovely and one in the Italian Casa Mia, this was 5 courses and by the third we were all stuffed, so pace yourself! There was plenty of food during the day round the pool if you don't wish to go into the main restaurant for lunch, also they have ice cream at around 3 o'clock which is a lovely touch to help you cool down!

The rooms were cleaned every day, our cleaner were Mohammed was lovely.

We are definately looking forward to returning to this hotel :-))))))))

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family