I feel i need to write a review for this resort and give it the excellent review it deserves!!
I requested the free shuttle service offered by the hotel and when we arrived at the airport the bus was there waiting for us. I emailed Basel a few weeks prior to our arrival to ask for a suite. Basel replyed to my email that day and told me he did not have any available and apologised. When we arrived at the hotel we were given a suite which had come as a bit of a surprise! The room had a queen size bed with an amazing sea view. We could not of asked for a better room.
The food was excellent, i cannot fault this at all. The omelettes are lovely for breakfast. I particuarly enjoyed the egyptian themed night, the fish was amazing. I think people that are complaining about the food are forgetting that this hotel has different nationalties staying there and they have to cater for everybody!!! For people that cannot live without there chips, chips are served every day at the pool bar with either battered fish, burgers, sausages etc.
The drinks were good also. I loved the cocktails. Nothing was ever a problem for the bar staff. I found that if you used your manners the staff would understand you were being polite and they would be extremely friendly with you. At times i was so embarressed to be British when i heard other British guests demand a drink and not even use there manners.
The pools are lovely and were cleaned every night without fail. I read a review earlier about the pools not being heated but in the weather we were in they certainly did not need it!!!! The weather was mid 30's and this can be the highest temperature Spain can reach in the summer, do you think hotels heat there pools in the summer??? I don't think so.
The weather was so hot! You could not walk without shoes on your feet as the ground was so hot! I dread to think how hot the weather will be in the summer!!
The beach was lovely, there are steps to get to the beach but this was not a problem for me or my partner. There is a free bus service to take you to and from the beach where you can do snorkelling or scuba diving which i would highly recommend to everyone. The water is so clear and the sealife there is amazing!
Evening entertainment is brilliant. They really do cater for all ages. The entertainment has now opened in the ampitheater outside with cushions to sit on. Day entertainment is also really good. This was mainly down near the childrens pool area. This is in my opinion is the best pool to be by. This has music on all day and different activities. The other pools are quiet and more suited for those who wanted a peaceful day.
I cannot see why people are commenting on the decor of the building??? I also cannot see why they are comparing this hotel to the hilton or any other extra expensive luxury hotels?? When we were looking at these hotels to book, we were quoted double the price we paid for the Sultan Gardens to stay there!! The decor at the sultan gardens is lovely. They are continually improving this hotel.
The staff are fantastic, a tip goes a long way!! We never tipped any more than £5 (except the cleaner at the end of the week). Nobody ever turned there nose up to us.
I just want to say to anybody that is going to this hotel that they have certainly made the right choice in hotel and will have an excellent holiday. This hotel does not deserve to be slated in any way. If you are people that are going on holiday to enjoy yourselves then this is the place to be. As for this hotel not being 5 star i would certainly disagree, the whole package this hotel offers is more than 5 star by far. We enjoyed the holiday so much we are returning in October!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the finest resorts on the Red Sea; The multiple Award winning, certified Eco Friendly, Sultan Gardens Resort in Sharm el Sheikh is your ideal All Inclusive holiday destination in Southern Sinai. The resort boasts 220 meters of private sandy beaches, beautiful coral formations, and an unrivaled view of the stunning Tiran Island. The resort also features five large, freshwater swimming pools as well 550 guest rooms ranging from the comfortable and spacious Standard rooms, to the luxurious Premium rooms and suites feasting in room Jacuzzis, all the way to the ultimate option of holidaying in your own private beachfront villa. The Sultan Gardens Resort is not just about great rooms, gorgeous pools and an unbeatable location. Everyone involved in Sultan Gardens Resort’s success is a firm believer that dining is an integral part of any holiday and recognizes the importance of offering delicious, exciting food coupled with inspired service. Guests will be impressed with the wealth of choice on offer whether they are dining in one of our six award winning themed restaurants, enjoying themselves at one of our 9 bars, or taking advantage of 24 hour room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sultan Gardens Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sultan Gardens Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sultan Gardens Sharm El Sheikh
- Sultan Garden Resort Sharm El Sheikh