“Fantastic holiday PLEASE PLEASE READ!!!”

Sultan Gardens Resort
Ranked #21 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
wirral
“Fantastic holiday PLEASE PLEASE READ!!!”
Reviewed April 2, 2008

I feel i need to write a review for this resort and give it the excellent review it deserves!!

I requested the free shuttle service offered by the hotel and when we arrived at the airport the bus was there waiting for us. I emailed Basel a few weeks prior to our arrival to ask for a suite. Basel replyed to my email that day and told me he did not have any available and apologised. When we arrived at the hotel we were given a suite which had come as a bit of a surprise! The room had a queen size bed with an amazing sea view. We could not of asked for a better room.

The food was excellent, i cannot fault this at all. The omelettes are lovely for breakfast. I particuarly enjoyed the egyptian themed night, the fish was amazing. I think people that are complaining about the food are forgetting that this hotel has different nationalties staying there and they have to cater for everybody!!! For people that cannot live without there chips, chips are served every day at the pool bar with either battered fish, burgers, sausages etc.

The drinks were good also. I loved the cocktails. Nothing was ever a problem for the bar staff. I found that if you used your manners the staff would understand you were being polite and they would be extremely friendly with you. At times i was so embarressed to be British when i heard other British guests demand a drink and not even use there manners.

The pools are lovely and were cleaned every night without fail. I read a review earlier about the pools not being heated but in the weather we were in they certainly did not need it!!!! The weather was mid 30's and this can be the highest temperature Spain can reach in the summer, do you think hotels heat there pools in the summer??? I don't think so.

The weather was so hot! You could not walk without shoes on your feet as the ground was so hot! I dread to think how hot the weather will be in the summer!!

The beach was lovely, there are steps to get to the beach but this was not a problem for me or my partner. There is a free bus service to take you to and from the beach where you can do snorkelling or scuba diving which i would highly recommend to everyone. The water is so clear and the sealife there is amazing!

Evening entertainment is brilliant. They really do cater for all ages. The entertainment has now opened in the ampitheater outside with cushions to sit on. Day entertainment is also really good. This was mainly down near the childrens pool area. This is in my opinion is the best pool to be by. This has music on all day and different activities. The other pools are quiet and more suited for those who wanted a peaceful day.

I cannot see why people are commenting on the decor of the building??? I also cannot see why they are comparing this hotel to the hilton or any other extra expensive luxury hotels?? When we were looking at these hotels to book, we were quoted double the price we paid for the Sultan Gardens to stay there!! The decor at the sultan gardens is lovely. They are continually improving this hotel.

The staff are fantastic, a tip goes a long way!! We never tipped any more than £5 (except the cleaner at the end of the week). Nobody ever turned there nose up to us.

I just want to say to anybody that is going to this hotel that they have certainly made the right choice in hotel and will have an excellent holiday. This hotel does not deserve to be slated in any way. If you are people that are going on holiday to enjoy yourselves then this is the place to be. As for this hotel not being 5 star i would certainly disagree, the whole package this hotel offers is more than 5 star by far. We enjoyed the holiday so much we are returning in October!!

• Liked — Too many to say, value for money is one of the best though
  • Disliked — rude guests
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
8 Thank craigchico42
bkhedr, Owner, Executive Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, April 11, 2008
Dear craigchico42 ,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens and for posting your review. It was a pleasure to host you and we look forward to your return.

Owner, Executive Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,133)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed April 2, 2008

We just came back from a 2 weeks AI stay at the Sultan Garden Resort in Sharm el Sheikh and would go back right away. Before booking we tried to gather as much information about all the different hotels in Sharm. As we are both working in the hospitality business we kind of knew what to expect. We contacted Basil in advance to arrange the free shuttle pick up from the airport and when we arrived and got through customs there was a young man waiting for us holding a sign with our name. From the airport it took us only 10 minutes to get to the hotel where we had a very warm welcome by the team. We did not have to worry about our luggage, as it was delivered right away to our room. Gad (the FO Manager) then escorted us to our room and showed us the resort.
We had a very spacious,clean and well mentained Junior suite with a wonderfull view of tiran island. Everything in the room was great (AC, Maid Service, fresh towels each day, wonderful bed, international TV programms, bottle of water each day) eventhough we had some minor issues with the water pressure on the first day it got resolved immediately.

Beach:
Sultan GArdens has a wonderful beach with crystal clear water where you can see hundreds of coloured fishes swimming around. Make sure you bring your snorkeling equipment and underwater camera. We did a trip to Ras Mohammed and the Blue Hole but you can't beat the underwater world right there in front of the hotel - amazing. We even saw wild dolphins swimming in front of the hotel one day. The owner did have a good idea in telling guest to not reserve the sun beds as we never had huge issues in finding sun beds on the beach. Even when it got a little crowded there was always someone trying to help and find a sunbed for you. There is a beach bar just a couple of steps away from the beach where the serve refreshments until sunset (they even had service on the beach which wass truly amazing seeing them running around in the heat). They served a light Breakfast and lunch at the Beach directly so we did not even have to leave the beach to get up to the main restaurant.

Pools:
Eventhough we spend most of our time at the beach we must say that the pool areas is really nice, clean and quite large. Two heated pools and two unheated (which was a nice cool off at temperatures at around 32) They had lpenty of sunbeds and even a water slide for the kids. Each pool had a bar within reach so that drinks were never an issue.

Food:
We really enjoyed the huge variety of the buffets and eventhough my girlfriend is a vegetarian and a fussy eater we always manged to find something special. There were theme nights 3 or 4 times a week with buffets set up outside and show cooking. Even if you had a trip booked which either lasted very long or started very early you could just ask at reception and they arranged a food box for you.

Service:
Well what can you say beside ------ THANKS TO ALL THE WONDERFULL STAFF AT SULTAN GARDENS, YOU REALLY SPOILED US AND MADE OUR TIME UNFORGETTABLE -----

Special thanks to Gad (Front Desk Manager) Amr & Saleh at the Main Restaurant (how can they be so friendly after all these long working hours / days --- amazing always a smile on their face) and Ahmed Ramadan (Beach waiter & Main Reataurant - always in a good mude and surprising us with self made cocktails and great service)....

Trips/Tips:
Even there is almost no need to leave the hotel there are some nice alternatives. Special thanks to Nassr from Med Hotels who organized several trips for us which were all outstanding. Eventhough we did not book with his company he took his time with us. We can highly recommend Old Sharm (sitting at the mountain watching the sunset, Parasailing, Star Gazing in the dessert, a boat trip to either Tiran Isalnd or Ras Mohammed, a trip with a Jeep through the dessert, a camel ride and snorkeling at the blue hole near Dahab.

You should think about bringing enough change with you, even if nobody expects a tip they always apreciate one but there seems to be a lack of change in egypt so either bring 1$ notes or try to get small change from you british bank.

All together we once again would like to thank everybody at the Sultan Gardens for making our holiday unforgettable and we hope we will return one day.

• Liked — the outstanding service and the underwater world at the beach
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
5 Thank A S
bkhedr, Owner, Executive Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, April 8, 2008
Dear alsa0103,

wales
Reviewed April 2, 2008

We have just returned from a week at the Sultan Gardens and I was really pleasantly suprised by the place, it was wonderful! We did what everyone else did and read the reviews just before we went and the last few certainly do not do the place justice (some people are just too fussy).
The food was excellent, there was a wide range of food available each day, with a different theme, the Italian Restaurant was lovely and the live cooking was really good, made you feel everything was fresh, which it was,we never had a stomach complaint or heard of anyone having one throughout the whole week. The choice for young children was not brilliant, but if they like pasta and rice and salad and potatoes they will be fine. although there are chips,burgers and sausages available throughout the day at the pool snack-bar,
There is a good choice of pools depending on whether you want a nice quiet relaxing time with a pool bar close at hand, or more lively experience around the children's pools, 2 of which were heated (numbers 1 and 4) which was really good. Although 2 and 3 were cold pools they were really big and still lovely to cool off on a hot day.
The staff were excellent, you could not fault their enthusiasm from 8 o'clock in the morning til 1 o'clock the next morning they (mostly) all had a smile on their face and were great with the kids, trying to make your holiday as good as possible. Tipping goes a long way and so although you don't have to, if you tip at the beginning of your holiday they certainly do appreciate it.
All in all, this is a great holiday destination, it is not 5 star but is a good 4 star and is a great all round package, we are certainly going back.
Just a tip if you e mail Basil (the hotel owner) before you go he will arrange for you to be picked up at the airport FREE OF CHARGE, we didn't and missed out.

Stayed March 2008
6 Thank juldar10
Dear juldar10,

Thank you for your email and for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort. It was a pleasure to host you and we hope to see you again soon.

England, NW
Reviewed April 1, 2008

having been a guest at the hotel over the last four years on seperate occassions, the resort's standards have dropped considerably.

There seems to be an emphasis on attracting more Italian customers than us Brits, this being apparent by the way they seem to be treated like a higher-class.

As always, the day to day staff of the hotel, i.e. bar staff and waiters could not be faulted and considering the length of their shifts and the fact they weren't permitted to have refreshments on duty deserve a medal.

The food, although in the main cooked well, really did lack imagination. If you're there for more than a week I suggest eating out.

There did seem to be a problem with flies on this occassion, particularly in the restaurants and by the pools.

If room service is ordered and you pay the waiter GET A RECEIPT or, as has happened to us several times, you will be asked to pay again on check-out.

The nighly entertainment left a lot to be desired and was quite minimal and repetative. They singer by the pool did his best but after 6 nights of the same set it get's a bit thin.

I have to also say that there is a distinct targetting of guests who appear satisfied with their holiday to place comments on here. This is done by the Executive Manager Basel canvassing round the pools each day. Where guests may have genuine issues/problems with the hotel/resort, he's simply not interested. It appears to be a vanity excersice rather than genuinely caring for guests.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Notthebest
bkhedr, Owner, Executive Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, April 9, 2008
Dear Tripadvisor Members,

I would just like to say that the rating given in this review was written by a guest who has stayed with us numerous times and has thoroughly enjoyed every trip.

On this most previous trip they were well into their holiday and enjoying themselves as usual until they became very upset when we would not allow them to reserve sun beds by the pool while they were away out on a boat trip.

I promptly apologized but explained that this was a new policy at the hotel and we could not make any exceptions. The guest also found available sun beds in their favorite spot immediately upon returning from their boat trip so we considered the matter closed.

To our surprise, and for seemingly no reason, they bore a grudge for the rest of their stay.

I sincerely hope that you will keep the preceeding in mind when deciding how much merit to give this review. I would also like to assure you that our commitment to guest satisfaction is of the highest standard.

Derby
Reviewed March 31, 2008

Me and my friend stopped here at the end of March and we found the holiday perfect for what we were after.

The hotel was ideal for what we paid! It was clean, spacious and modern. Everyone that has been moaning about it.. I really don't no what they were expecting. If you want better.. pay more!!!
There were 4 pools.. we spent the first few days in the heated one but in actual fact with the temperature being so high it was nicer in the cold pools. Again, I don't see why people are complaining about the water temperature. The cooler pools were packed when we were there so I clearly don't think alone.

The room was nice.. we had a gorgeous view of the sea and it was cleaned every day with a bottle of water left for us. The air con was much needed and the tv was a bonus.

We were intending to tip more than we did.. I wish we could have but the staff still treated us brilliantly.. I don't think they expect it. maybe they do.. I don't know. Manners are as good as anything (Some people are so rude). The only issue we had is that we are both girls in our mid 20's.. we found some of the staff slightly sleazy and at times I felt uncomfortable by what they were saying to me. I didn't complain as I didn't want to get anyone into trouble.

The food was nice.. enough choice for everyone. I certainly put on weight so that's gotta say something.

The hotel entertainment was a little boring but we discovered Naama bay by the second night and we couldn't stay away after that. Yes, you do get hassled alot but just say no thanks and walk off! Don't let it put you off because Naama Bay is so nice, lively and full of tourists. I was pleasantly surprised. We had a favourite bar where we just chilled and watched all the Egyptian men dancing to hip hop.. it was funny!
We went into Old Sharm one night but we didn't enjoy that.. it was quieter therefore got hassled more. I wouldn't go back.

I do recommend quad biking.. that was the highlight of my holiday!

The weather was soooo hot.. I hardly ever burn but I did on this holiday even with my factor 20 slapped on. Hey, im not complaining though.

Overall I would definitely go back to the same hotel. I think we had a bargain.. even though we paid half term prices.

• Liked — The cleanliness and large choice of pools
  • Disliked — A couple of sleazy staff
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
4 Thank SharonW27
Dear Indie25,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens and for posting your review. It was a pleasure to host you and we do hope that you will choose to be our guests again soon.

Sultan Gardens Resort
London
Reviewed March 30, 2008

We booked this Hotel, based on the Reviews.

Overall we had a fabulous Holiday. The major downside was my hubby having to set the alarm for 7am to get a sunbed! I have now read that this has now been rectified.

The room we stayed in was a little shabby stuck somewhere in the 80s. It was clean, didn't have much of a view (only the wall and building works). To be quite honest it just needs a little bit of tender loving care.

The Staff are fantastic! They all work really hard. The Animation Team have their work cut out, as the Russain , Italian & English don't like to mix! I would especially like to thank Maggy after being reluctant I eventually (after her help with the fish incident) succumbed to the belly dancing and loved it! I'm only sorry that I will be missing the outdoor shows!

Another grumble would be that they served the non-acoholic drinks in little plastic kids cups - YUK! I You can ask for the bigger cups, but you don't always get it! The family pool with the slide was wonderfully heated, it was like stepping in a bath - bliss! With so much use it could with more of a clean, but it looks like it was one the area's being "touched up".

As I have previously read, I would like to see more signs up regarding the sea area. There are some in the Rooms, but prehaps it's not detailed enough. There is no mention that you should wear SHOES! Freinds we met went snorkelling on their next to last day, unfortunately as they were getting in they slipped and they landed on a sea creature, which stuck out it's black spikes to protect itself. They ended up with the spikes in their heel as this was the only area exposed. I can quite honestly say the on site Pharmacy and Docotor are very helpful. I had first hand experience!

FOOD - Was great! Not one of us was ill. The kid's always found something to eat. Each night has a different Theme. The second week was exactly the same as the first.

If you do have any problems or are not happy, please, please ,please do tell reception, they really do go out of their way. If they don't know they can't help! They are constantly trying to improve themselves. My big concern is once all the upgrade work is done, they will be constantly fully booked!

Would we go back? YES!

PS If you get a chance to go on any trips, We greatly enjoyed the Camel Ride and Stargazing!

• Liked — The Whole complex was great
  • Disliked — Only the room
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
5 Thank TheReedsLondon
Dear TheReedsLondon,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens and for posting your review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your holiday and would like to assure you that I take the points you raised seriously and we will do our best to improve upon them.

That being said I feel I must say that shoes are not the answer for people who get hurt on the coral. The fact is that the coral is hard, sometimes sharp, may hurt people, and must be protected as it is a vital ecosystem. I therefore would not recommend shoes so much as I would recommend that guests stay off the coral. Look but don't touch please.

I hope that we will see you again soon and we remain at your service.

England
Reviewed March 29, 2008

Just come back from a 1 week great break at sultan gardens, the weather was wonderful, the staff were friendly and looked after us from start to finish, i couldn't fault them at all during our stay
( top class ). The only downside for me was the beach, it was to small and i wouldn't like to be there during the main holiday weeks, but the 4 pools make up for it.
Namma bay is a 10 min ride in a taxi ( £4 each way ) the hotel has it own taxi's available at anytime, give the driver a time and he will pick you up, for piece of mind this is the safest way to travel. The foods is nice but basic, so if you fancy trying out the food in Namma Bay then you must try the Hard Rock Cafe, the food is great and is well priced, with fun staff and good music.
Over all the holiday was totally relaxing and a great experience.
(9 out of 10 ) Would have been 10 if it had a better beach.
We will go back next year.

• Liked — Great veiw of sharks bay / Tidy and clean
  • Disliked — Could have done with a well stocked fridge
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank hyland4
Dear hyland4,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens and for posting your review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your holiday and hope to see you again in the future.