“Amazing! Great value for money!”

Sultan Gardens Resort
Ranked #25 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Wow. Firstly, let me start with the hospitality of this hotel. They came to collect us free of charge from the airport and arranged to take us back when we were going home. I arranged this by one simple email to the hotel. It was my birthday whilst I was away so emailed them re getting a room with a view and various other things and they were super efficient. Got a beautiful room with a sea view right next to the kids pools.
It was my birthday while I was there and so got a beautiful cake with birthday messages also (lovely touch).

The hotel staff (ranging from porters to bar staff, pool boys to waiters & servers)are exceptionally friendly and simply cannot do enough for u. Our cleaner introduced himself and was very friendly and helpful (sorry I don't remember your name room 226)

Animation team were lovely and often came over for a chat by the pools, However, I was a little put out when we found out we had to buy a ticket for the beach party and the white party!!! Now I was under the impression that this was an all inclusive hotel and never have I been charged for either before at other complexes!!!!

I booked the spa for my birthday for a foot massage with reflexology but was really disappointed as the nearest thing I got to a pedicure was some fresh nail varnish and some dead skin taken off. There was no massage or reflexology given and they still asked me for the full amount of £28 which I thought was extortionate.
I'd like to see the spa with a makeover and a little bit more money spent on it as it was quite dated and in need of new equipment.
The guys from the spa told me I could go back and have it done again (free of charge) but as I sat around for so long the last time for poor service I wasn't interested) maybe they were just having a busy day (Don't worry this is my only complaint)

Food- wow! Beautiful food from fresh eggs and omelettes in the morning to fresh salads and meat for Lunch and dinner was themed so u never had the same thing two days in a row!!!

The cash Mia (Italian) was beautiful also, highly recommend the spinach parcels, veal, pizza, soup and the steak !!!!! Very very nice!
The waiters work really hard and yes, of course they appreciate a tip (no matter how big or small) but I disagree that they are only nice if u tip them early on, this was simply not the case!

We had no major concerns at all with any aspect of this hotel, it was beautifully kept (the gardeners do a fantastic job) the pools were cleaned every night and the variety is what would keep us coming back here!

I would like to say that if u are looking for some art work, don't go into Naamba bay or soho square (there is an artist in the hotel) he takes orders, and listens to what u want and is very very good. We bought a painting from him and he did exactly what we asked for.

I've been to Egypt four times now an this is by far the best hotel I've ever stayed in here!!! The pools are huge and plenty to do if u get bored easily.
I want to say a special thank u to Adel (bar man from reception and disco bar) for being the most pleasant and happy guy on the complex. You are a credit to the hotel.
We will definitely be returning to this hotel next year.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Dee D
bkhedr, Owner at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Greggers_9,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your detailed review. It was a pleasure to host you and we all remain at your service and look forward to your return visit.

There are newer reviews for Sultan Gardens Resort

Reviewed December 3, 2012

As we enjoyed our first visit so much In may decided to return again in November for some guaranteed winter sun. We contacted the hotel directly mr Basel who gave a good price for a 10 day stay. We e mailed the hotel for a few requests which were all met to our satisfaction. Our collection from the airport by the hotels shuttle bus was waiting for us on our arrival and promptly delivered us to the hotel within 15 minutes. We requested a double bed near the quiet pool which was overlooking the main pool and sea.which was in a great location although we did not have a double bed the cleaner rectified this by pushing the two beds together. Although the room was kept very clean I do have to admit the bathroom could have done with a refurb.

As we visited in may there were many staff who recognised us and made us feel so welcome again it felt like returning back to family as they all make you feel so special. Nothing was too much trouble and was always smiling.

The food in the restaurants was varied and plenty of choice and we loved the new adults only restaurant. Sometimes I found the food to be Luke warm which I did mention to the head waiter. It would be nice iif there was a microwave available for those who like their food hotter. We loved the new Italian restaurant which we booked prior to our visit as we were celebrating our wedding anniversary and of course the hotel spoilt us with a cake and a fruit basket in our room.

As we were returning guests we were invited to a cocktail party with the management where we got to talk to mr Basel the general manager to discuss if we had any concerns or issues. He is very proud of the hotel and staff in making sure that everyone has a good time. If there are any issues please let the hotel know ASAP as they will try and rectify them. There are some new things being added to the hotel all the time e.g a new Indian restaurant opening soon.

There is lots more good things I could write but in my advice just give it a try you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank torfaenwesty

Dear torfaenwesty,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your review. We welcome your feedback and we all remain at your service and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Our first visit to Sultan Gardens was in March 2011 which was around the time of the unrest in Cairo and as a result the resort was very quiet but i have to say the service was outstanding.
On our return i found that the Sultan Gardens was operating at capacity and thought it would be interesting to see if we would receive the same level of service.
Well the service was spot on and even surpassed our last visit.
The staff were very attentive and could not do enough for you .
I have recommended Sultan Gardens to many friends and should anyone with young family be looking for a family friendly resort this is the place for you.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pool are i feel the best location and are recently upgraded with some havi...

Dear Paul M,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your review. It was a pleasure to host you again and we hope you will return soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I'll start by saying that I'm not usually the 'resort' kind of traveller, but my wife and I wanted some winter sun, and Sharm or Tenerife looked to be the closest options we had available.
We chose Sultan Gardens due to its location and price, neither of us were bothered that we were far from the main hubbub of Naama bay, and the relative isolation of Sharks Bay was actually very pleasant.

We arranged an airport transfer with the hotel in advance, and also for the return transfer (total cost €1). The airport is very close, only about 5 minutes away. On arrival our bags were whisked away and we were offered a complimentary drink. Once we had checked in we were driven down to our room in the taff-taff (open sided mini bus), only to find that we had a twin room with separate beds. This wasn't really clear when I booked that this was the situation. We called reception who said they would see if they could move us and would call us back. After 30 minutes I called them again, and asked the same. After they didn't call back again, my wife and I were starving and just went to the restaurant. After dinner I went to reception and arranged an upgrade (€20 per night) to a suite with a proper double bed, and our bags were moved.

The resort itself is a good size with multiple pools (the "quiet" pool near the spa was excellent), a long beachfront and good sized dining areas. The rooms were a good size but nothing special. In fact in our upgraded suite we had a bad CRT TV, whereas the room we had moved out of had a nice modern flatscreen TV.

Dining wise there were plenty of options, the main restaurant (buffet) always had a theme in the evening (Chinese, Mexican, Russian, etc..) and offered salads, meats, fish, vegetables, pasta at all times, so there was always something to your taste. The all inclusive beverages were just local beer, wine, and soft drinks. There were 3 other restaurants on site offering a la carte dining, Fluer de Lys (Cajun), Fishmarket (seafood), Casa Mia (Italian). For Casa Mia you have to book, and they seem to make a big deal of how difficult it is. On our second day we spoke to them to make a booking and they said they had nothing until the next Monday (when we were leaving). After some discussion he said to come back tomorrow and he could see what he could do. Speaking to him then he managed to get us a booking for the Sunday night. When we actually dined there, the place was almost half empty for most of the time, so I think the "popularity" of the place may be a little manufactured. Then again it did serve the best food we tasted on the whole resort.

The staff were always very attentive and friendly, in particular the recreation/pool team were brilliant, always willing to move sun loungers and umbrellas, and fetch clean towels, or bring you drinks. The housekeeping was a little haphazard, one time taking all our bath towels and not leaving us fresh ones.

We took some excursions and I would heartily recommend some diving in the Red Sea. The water is exceptionally clear and there are many reefs and wrecks to visit. We didn't visit any of the nightlife outside of the resort, so I can't comment on how good Naama Bay or Soho Sq are, but you do get a free return taxi journey if you book an excursion.

All in all we were very happy with our stay. The resort was very relaxing and the weather was great, which is just what we were looking for out of our holiday.

Room Tip: The suites are much roomier, and actually have double beds!

Dear sokeeffe,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your helpful review. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We went to the Sultan Gardens on 18th Nov 2012. We have been to Sharm many times and have always stayed in Naama bay. We were recommended to the Sultan gardens by friends.
This was our first experience of all inclusive so were open minded.
The Hotel is very close to the air port and the hotel if you request will collect you free of charge and take you back for 1 euro each, which we did and we were met on time at the air port, this saves you the trasfer fee if you are booking your holiday through an agent, which can be up to £20 each return.
The Hotel entrance is very impressive, and checkin was quite smooth. We had requested room 180 because we were told this block had been referbed. We were given room 168 which we think was better.In our view all rooms from 160 even numbers up to 180 are very good, all have both pool and sea views and are close to everything.
If you prefer to be aound the pools most of the time this block is the best position, any noise from around the hotel in the evening finishes at eleven but we were never disturbed.
The Hotel we were told was full, and it showed during the day as sun loungers were at a premium and nose to tail, you had to be quite friendly with the person next to you as you were practicly touching. At this time of the year the heated pool was very popular with the Brits and beds were being claimed by 6am to get a good position as the sun starts to go off of this pool by 2.30pm and is gone totally by 3.30pm, so get up early.
If you are a beach lover there are a lot of steps and very steep to get to the beach, and once there you won't be popping back to the room very often. There is a bus which runs about every 20mins which will pick up and drop off but if you suffer with bad legs i would not recommed the beach. I snorkelled off the pontoon and along the reef there and was very disapointed, most of the reef is dead and void of larger fish types which i have seen further down the coast in Sharm.
however if you have never been before there are plenty of smaller fish to see.
The Hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful, it appears to be a well managed hotel and nothing was too much trouble.
During our week we took a taxi 3 times from the hotel in to Namma Bay. the price is very competitive and you are not ripped off, a return trip was 90 egyption, about £9 ish, good value as it is a fair way around all the one ways, but it only takes about 10 mins or so,a must do.
The weather when we arrived we thought was quite cool, still about 30c but with a nip in the air, by the third day and for the rest of the week it got steadily hotter during the day and also the evenings warmed up too, but i would take something long sleeved and long trousers for the men as it can get chilly at night.
We had a nice week here, we didn't enjoy the all inclusive experience we prefer to eat out in town in a chosen resraurant and be waited on instead of enduring the regular evening bun fight in the main restaurant of the hotel to get your food, although the food was of a good standard and was theamed each night, but not to our taste.

Room Tip: Block 100's 160 to 180 even numbers are all referbs and in a very good position,very few steps...
1  Thank les d

Dear les d,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your detailed review. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have returned to Sultan Gardens over 13 times now and will never hesitate to go back again. All of the team have made me feel welcome since my first visit nearly three years ago. Every time I want a sun holiday I look and always come back to Sultan Gardens - nowhere else can you find guranteed sun, great value for money and a service that makes you feel like part of the family. The hotel is comfortable, clean with a great choice of food but it really is the service that is like no other and I have been to Dubai and the Far East on many an occasion. Particular thanks to Kimo and the animation team who always keep us well entertained and Ahmed at the bar ensures you never have to leave your sun lounger for a drink! The hotel is not in Naama Bay but only ten minutes from the airport and Naama and the hotel provides a shuttle and taxis - I prefer not being in the loud centre of Naama bay. The hotel also has great snorkelling on the beach. If you want a great value week in the sun with a good variety of food, drink and great staff then this is the one for you!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
bkhedr, Owner at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Dear poshhols,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for your kind words. It was a pleasure to host you again and we all remain at your service as always.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have just returned from the Sultan Gardens resort yesterday and I found it to be an excellent experience. The staff have been first class, with my comfort and enjoyment first on their list of priorities. If you want to stay by the pool the bar staff are only too pleased to bring you a drink (just in case you dont want to break a sweat getting off your sun lounger). The animation team are always friendly and make you feel welcome and are more than happy to chat with you. I would highly recommend this resort as not only are the staff first class but its an excellent way to relax and make some great friends. Make sure you seriously consider this hotel when you book a trip to Sharm!

1  Thank Jason G

Dear Jason G,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will return soon.