“Winter Break”

Ranked #21 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
London, United Kingdom
“Winter Break”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We went to the Sultan Gardens on 18th Nov 2012. We have been to Sharm many times and have always stayed in Naama bay. We were recommended to the Sultan gardens by friends.
This was our first experience of all inclusive so were open minded.
The Hotel is very close to the air port and the hotel if you request will collect you free of charge and take you back for 1 euro each, which we did and we were met on time at the air port, this saves you the trasfer fee if you are booking your holiday through an agent, which can be up to £20 each return.
The Hotel entrance is very impressive, and checkin was quite smooth. We had requested room 180 because we were told this block had been referbed. We were given room 168 which we think was better.In our view all rooms from 160 even numbers up to 180 are very good, all have both pool and sea views and are close to everything.
If you prefer to be aound the pools most of the time this block is the best position, any noise from around the hotel in the evening finishes at eleven but we were never disturbed.
The Hotel we were told was full, and it showed during the day as sun loungers were at a premium and nose to tail, you had to be quite friendly with the person next to you as you were practicly touching. At this time of the year the heated pool was very popular with the Brits and beds were being claimed by 6am to get a good position as the sun starts to go off of this pool by 2.30pm and is gone totally by 3.30pm, so get up early.
If you are a beach lover there are a lot of steps and very steep to get to the beach, and once there you won't be popping back to the room very often. There is a bus which runs about every 20mins which will pick up and drop off but if you suffer with bad legs i would not recommed the beach. I snorkelled off the pontoon and along the reef there and was very disapointed, most of the reef is dead and void of larger fish types which i have seen further down the coast in Sharm.
however if you have never been before there are plenty of smaller fish to see.
The Hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful, it appears to be a well managed hotel and nothing was too much trouble.
During our week we took a taxi 3 times from the hotel in to Namma Bay. the price is very competitive and you are not ripped off, a return trip was 90 egyption, about £9 ish, good value as it is a fair way around all the one ways, but it only takes about 10 mins or so,a must do.
The weather when we arrived we thought was quite cool, still about 30c but with a nip in the air, by the third day and for the rest of the week it got steadily hotter during the day and also the evenings warmed up too, but i would take something long sleeved and long trousers for the men as it can get chilly at night.
We had a nice week here, we didn't enjoy the all inclusive experience we prefer to eat out in town in a chosen resraurant and be waited on instead of enduring the regular evening bun fight in the main restaurant of the hotel to get your food, although the food was of a good standard and was theamed each night, but not to our taste.

Room Tip: Block 100's 160 to 180 even numbers are all referbs and in a very good position,very few steps...
1 Thank les d
bkhedr, Owner at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear les d,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your detailed review. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,133)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Cheshire
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have returned to Sultan Gardens over 13 times now and will never hesitate to go back again. All of the team have made me feel welcome since my first visit nearly three years ago. Every time I want a sun holiday I look and always come back to Sultan Gardens - nowhere else can you find guranteed sun, great value for money and a service that makes you feel like part of the family. The hotel is comfortable, clean with a great choice of food but it really is the service that is like no other and I have been to Dubai and the Far East on many an occasion. Particular thanks to Kimo and the animation team who always keep us well entertained and Ahmed at the bar ensures you never have to leave your sun lounger for a drink! The hotel is not in Naama Bay but only ten minutes from the airport and Naama and the hotel provides a shuttle and taxis - I prefer not being in the loud centre of Naama bay. The hotel also has great snorkelling on the beach. If you want a great value week in the sun with a good variety of food, drink and great staff then this is the one for you!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
bkhedr, Owner at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear poshhols,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for your kind words. It was a pleasure to host you again and we all remain at your service as always.

Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have just returned from the Sultan Gardens resort yesterday and I found it to be an excellent experience. The staff have been first class, with my comfort and enjoyment first on their list of priorities. If you want to stay by the pool the bar staff are only too pleased to bring you a drink (just in case you dont want to break a sweat getting off your sun lounger). The animation team are always friendly and make you feel welcome and are more than happy to chat with you. I would highly recommend this resort as not only are the staff first class but its an excellent way to relax and make some great friends. Make sure you seriously consider this hotel when you book a trip to Sharm!

1 Thank Jason G
Dear Jason G,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will return soon.

Bournemouth
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was our third trip to the Sultan Gardens and it certainly will not be our last. I am amazed that anyone can find fault with this hotel and I would like to know where they could find such value for money. We paid around £50 per day which included our flight, accommodation, all meals and drinks. If anyone can find anything any better, perhaps they could let us know. The staff are all a credit to the hotel, all so friendly and helpful and I am amazed at how they remember you when you return. Special thanks to Mohammed by the pool for looking after us, to the nice chap who cleaned our room (258), the waiters who provided refreshments by the pool, the animation team, including Evie, who unfortunately got thrown into the pool and took an early bath. Nothing was too much trouble. The animation team try to encourage you to take part in the various activities on offer but are not intrusive and if you don’t want to take part that is fine. We spent the majority of our time by the pool. There are 4 to choose from, two of which are heated, but we found them to be like a warm bath and much preferred the cooler one as you are in need of a cooling off as the temperature was in the mid to late 20’s.
We have to admit we did not leave the hotel during our stay as we have been on all the usual trips before, but we did go a 2 hour speedboat trip from the hotel, with our lovely friends we met, Sarah & Andrea’ (svinge no. 1).
We did have a little trouble with the internet which I did find very frustrating, but the problems were resolved If you are expecting a good internet service, I would suggest you don’t go to Sharm El Sheik, hey you are on holiday, you don’t need the internet. My only other small negative comment would be that I found the beds a little uncomfortable, but this was not a problem for most, I think I am just a little fussy.
We once again booked into the spa for a body exfoliation and massage, about £60 per head which compares to prices you would pay at home but well worth the money for a holiday treat.
We were able to book the Casa Mia Italian restaurant a couple of times which was excellent. All part of the all- inclusive package and I have to say it was one of the best steaks I have ever had. The hotel was in the process of renovating the Indian restaurant which is due to open within the next few weeks, which will also be part of the all- inclusive. The main restaurant is excellent with plenty of choice with the food always hot and fresh. The egg station in the morning provides excellent omelettes and the pasta station at lunch and dinner is excellent. I would like to know how anyone could never find anything they didn’t like!
We can only praise this hotel and if you read any negative reviews, then I would urge you not to believe them, you will have a great holiday here. Thank you Sultan Gardens, we will be back.

Room Tip: You can upgrade to a sea view room on arrival for 10 euros per room per night.
1 Thank Topgearers
Dear Topgearers,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your detailed review. We appreciate your continued patronage and we remain at your service as always.

Hunstanton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We have just returned from our second stay at The Sultan this year,having previously been in February for seven days - this time we went for eleven. I can honestly say that this is the only hotel that we have ever returned to for the following reasons -
1) The hotel & the grounds are amazing. It is kept very clean & the gardeners work very hard to maintain the beautiful gardens.
2) The food is very good, with a wide choice every day that will suit everyone. Desserts to die for!!!
3) The staff are excellent & nothing is ever too much trouble for them. They are always bright & cheerful even though they work long hours.We were even remembered on our return & greeted us like old friends, which is amazing considering the amount of guests that they deal with through the year. They make you feel so special. There are a few members of staff that we would like to mention in particular for looking after us so well - AHMED HAFEZ & ABAL FATAH at Al-Shalal Bar, who kept us supplied with our various drinks plus honey & lemon for my sore throat! LOFTY( General Manager) in the main restaurant, who always greeted us with a smile & found us an empty table plus supplied us with honey!
4) The Spa has been decorated & updated since February, when my experiences there were not as relaxing as I had hoped! There are new staff now & they were amazing. I had a coconut scrub on my second day to exfoliate my skin, which smelt gorgeous, followed by four massages over the next nine days. The therapists were excellent & professional - I am afraid that I cannot remember their names. I would like to thank MUSTAFA though, for arranging my treatments for me & for the cream he gave me for my partner's shoulder. I also had a facial & pedicure, which was out of this world, leaving me walking on air! Thank you ASKER for your amazing nail art!
5) There are various shows on at night - Chinese Jugglers, Fire Show, Egyptian Show plus the Animation team arrange shows. Their latest show, which was Burlesque style, seen for the first time just before we came home is well worth watching. Their energy & enthusiasm is amazing & such lovely young people to. Sorry Evie for teasing you so much!!!
Nothing more to add except we are already planning to return next year & possibly bring the family with us. We look forward to trying the Indian Restaurant which is about to open.

Thank you Mr Basel for keeping the standards so very high at your hotel. It is no wonder so many guests return year after year.You have amazing staff.

Dear Stevesara,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your review. It was a pleasure to host you again and we all remain at your service.

Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is our 2nd time at Sultan Gardens Resort and as expected it was superb, there has been some changes since our visit last year. The italian restaurant has been moved & it was excellent, much much better than last year. We visited the cajun restayranat for my friends birthday & the food & service was outstanding !!! the main lina restaurant has undergone a make over & we loved the fact the adult only area was now situated upstairs, the waiters in there could not do enough for us.
The only small complaint was that the room we were given room 631 was right next to the amphitheatre, so there was no chance of an early night, also the entertainments team practised until 01.30 hours, this was very tiring.
we spent most of our time at the quiet pool, we found this year there was less sunbeds than last year & more tables & chairs that were rarely used, so unless we were up really early we couldnt get a bed & the one day we moved a table we git told off by the pool boy LOL :-)
Apart from this we had a fantastic holiday & will definatly be returning.

Room Tip: choose a room away frfom the pool area & the amphitheatre if you want peace & quiet. also ch...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank maisiemoo73
Dear maisiemoo73,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your review. It was a pleasure to host you again and we remain at your service as always.

London UK
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from sultan gardens after a 4 night stay . We were a little worried about travelling to Egypt but once we were there in the resort we felt very safe . The sultan gardens is so big that we didn't actually go out , there didn't seem much reason to as everything you needed was on hand .
The staff are amazing and work so hard, many are away from home and family and on pretty poor wages I should imagine ,so I think the odd tip here and there is much appreciated but not expected.
It was the first all inc we have been on and I was really pleased with it . Plenty of food variety always hot and freshly cooked. Lofty the resturant manager was a lovely guy as we're all the waiters .
Alcoholic drinks ........very cold red wine which was a shame as it tasted ok . Beer not bad and only one decent cocktail but it was ok for us when we remembered what we'd paid !
Late check out and extended use of wrist band was great value and worth doing if travelling later .
Pools lovely with plenty of sun beds .
The one negative thing about this resort were the entertainment team , I found some of them really annoying I think they thought we'd all come away to listen and watch them !!!(Performing art graduates who have only enough talent to be holiday reps) one guy constantly trying to be centre of attention during a show that he wasn't even in !not that any of this should stop anyone going but I think it's a shame and should be addressed by management .
A lovely relaxing resort that I would go back to .

• Stayed November 2012
Dear jojoLondonUK,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your review. It was a pleasure to host you and we hope you will return soon.