We went to the Sultan Gardens on 18th Nov 2012. We have been to Sharm many times and have always stayed in Naama bay. We were recommended to the Sultan gardens by friends.
This was our first experience of all inclusive so were open minded.
The Hotel is very close to the air port and the hotel if you request will collect you free of charge and take you back for 1 euro each, which we did and we were met on time at the air port, this saves you the trasfer fee if you are booking your holiday through an agent, which can be up to £20 each return.
The Hotel entrance is very impressive, and checkin was quite smooth. We had requested room 180 because we were told this block had been referbed. We were given room 168 which we think was better.In our view all rooms from 160 even numbers up to 180 are very good, all have both pool and sea views and are close to everything.
If you prefer to be aound the pools most of the time this block is the best position, any noise from around the hotel in the evening finishes at eleven but we were never disturbed.
The Hotel we were told was full, and it showed during the day as sun loungers were at a premium and nose to tail, you had to be quite friendly with the person next to you as you were practicly touching. At this time of the year the heated pool was very popular with the Brits and beds were being claimed by 6am to get a good position as the sun starts to go off of this pool by 2.30pm and is gone totally by 3.30pm, so get up early.
If you are a beach lover there are a lot of steps and very steep to get to the beach, and once there you won't be popping back to the room very often. There is a bus which runs about every 20mins which will pick up and drop off but if you suffer with bad legs i would not recommed the beach. I snorkelled off the pontoon and along the reef there and was very disapointed, most of the reef is dead and void of larger fish types which i have seen further down the coast in Sharm.
however if you have never been before there are plenty of smaller fish to see.
The Hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful, it appears to be a well managed hotel and nothing was too much trouble.
During our week we took a taxi 3 times from the hotel in to Namma Bay. the price is very competitive and you are not ripped off, a return trip was 90 egyption, about £9 ish, good value as it is a fair way around all the one ways, but it only takes about 10 mins or so,a must do.
The weather when we arrived we thought was quite cool, still about 30c but with a nip in the air, by the third day and for the rest of the week it got steadily hotter during the day and also the evenings warmed up too, but i would take something long sleeved and long trousers for the men as it can get chilly at night.
We had a nice week here, we didn't enjoy the all inclusive experience we prefer to eat out in town in a chosen resraurant and be waited on instead of enduring the regular evening bun fight in the main restaurant of the hotel to get your food, although the food was of a good standard and was theamed each night, but not to our taste.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the finest resorts on the Red Sea; The multiple Award winning, certified Eco Friendly, Sultan Gardens Resort in Sharm el Sheikh is your ideal All Inclusive holiday destination in Southern Sinai. The resort boasts 220 meters of private sandy beaches, beautiful coral formations, and an unrivaled view of the stunning Tiran Island. The resort also features five large, freshwater swimming pools as well 550 guest rooms ranging from the comfortable and spacious Standard rooms, to the luxurious Premium rooms and suites feasting in room Jacuzzis, all the way to the ultimate option of holidaying in your own private beachfront villa. The Sultan Gardens Resort is not just about great rooms, gorgeous pools and an unbeatable location. Everyone involved in Sultan Gardens Resort’s success is a firm believer that dining is an integral part of any holiday and recognizes the importance of offering delicious, exciting food coupled with inspired service. Guests will be impressed with the wealth of choice on offer whether they are dining in one of our six award winning themed restaurants, enjoying themselves at one of our 9 bars, or taking advantage of 24 hour room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sultan Gardens Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sultan Gardens Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sultan Gardens Sharm El Sheikh
- Sultan Garden Resort Sharm El Sheikh