“Fantastic hotel/facilities, friendly staff, would go back!!”

Sultan Gardens Resort
Ranked #21 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
West Yorkshire
“Fantastic hotel/facilities, friendly staff, would go back!!”
Reviewed November 20, 2007

My partner and I (early 30s) are from West Yorkshire, UK and we'd never been to Sharm El Sheikh before, but we had the best 1 week holiday at the Sultan Gardens in Nov 2007! The hotel's facilities/cleanliness/food/drink really are 5 star! The staff are friendly and helpful, not least charismatic Basel the owner! We may have been lucky to get a 1st floor view of the large pool (no. 2 and 3 I think) which gave us great views of, not only the pool area, but as far as Tiran Island too. The animation team were fun and the entertaining in the Amphitheatre in the evenings. Although the beach was only a 200m walk away, we couldn't tear ourselves away from the fantastic pool area, definitely the best we'd had the pleasure to enjoy. Andrea and his team on the beachfront were sociable and very helpful for the 3 scuba dives we did with them, 2 at Ras Mohammed and 1 at Shark's Bay (amazing!).

All in all, a superb hotel and one which we thoroughly recommend and would stay at again in the future. Congratulations and many thanks to Basel and all the staff at Sultan Gardens!

• Liked — Atmosphere
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank henderson1977
bkhedr, Owner, Executive Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, December 1, 2007
Dear Henderson1977,

Thank you for choosing our resort and for posting your very kind review. I look forward to your return and remain at your service.

Owner, Executive Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,133)
  • Arabic first
Shropshire
Reviewed November 20, 2007

Date stayed at hotel: 11-18 November 2007
Reviewer: Mr and Mrs Sweetland, Shropshire
Well I hope you have a spare half hour to read this review. My husband is at work and I return tomorrow so thought I would take this time to write a review. Having wanted to visit Sharm for many years now, I was ecstatic at the thought of finally getting there. I hope you will find this review to be informative and allow you to make your own decision on whether or not you would visit.. Firstly, my husband and I chose this hotel due to the majority of positive comments we read on this site. With particular interest in how attentive and friendly the hotel staff were. My husband wrote to the hotel Executive Manager Basel Khedr before departing to make some simple requests ie kettle in room, nice sea view etc and these were honoured. Basel himself writing back to us within 24 hours of the request-not often experienced in other 5* hotels around the world.

When we landed it was 25 degrees which was a real welcome having left the English winter. The airport was chaotic though with everyone being told they needed Visa's just to get through Passport Control. Don't fall for this! You only need a visa if you intend to visit Cairo or one or two other destinations whilst there. If, like us, you are planning a week by the pool, then a visa is NOT required and don't let them fool you that it is. All you need to do is get your passport stamped at one of the desks (which is free) and then you can go through. However the guy on the Passport desk kept going on at us asking where our Visa was and finally after three attempts at telling him we were only staying at our hotel, he let us through. The reason they do this is they charge you $15 for the priviledge, thus making money. If, once at your hotel you decide to take a trip, just hand you passport to your rep and he or she will obtain the required visa for you-a lot less painful. It will still cost you but only $12 not $15!!

Once we had our cases, we were greeted by a very friendly chap waving our name around and as promised our courtesy bus was ready and waiting. The journey is around 10 minutes to the hotel. As we approached my heart sank as it looked very basic and was in the middle of nowhere with just the Pyramisa Hotel next door and a building site the other side. We were ushered through the electric gates and I couldn't help thinking that the hotel looked like something out of Hi de Hi. However, once inside it was a little more impressive and the Reception Desk staff could not have been more cheerful and helpful. Our cases were brought to our Suite and we were unpacked and eating dinner within 30 minutes of arriving. As fillet steak was on the menu and was cooked to perfection (medium rare how we like it) we were in our element and thought if that was what was to come during our stay, we would be well and truly happy.

When we returned to our suite and on closer inspection, I was disappointed to see that the settee covers hadn't been straighted up and the cushions were on the wrong way with the zip showing and that the settee had tiny tears in it. The floor was also a little dirty and the chairs on the balcony had cigarette burns in them. The shower was very dated but worked well enough.

Our first night was tiring as all we could hear throughout the night were planes landing and taking off. It sounds like thunder. I had suggested this hotel as I though it was in fact slightly further away from the airport than others we had looked at and thus wanted to avoid this. However, we got a few hours sleep and ventured to breakfast the following morning having opened our curtains and seen the spectacular view. Stunning blue pool to our right, Italian restaurant infront and the gorgeous blue sea and sky beyond-heaven. Our suite was number 503 with a balcony and we would recommend this.

We got to breakfast and were stunned with the amount of food on offer. Sadly none of it appealed much to us as the food at the hotel is very geared towards the Russian taste in my opinion and we don't eat cereals (so our problem really not the hotels.) I would have loved a cooked breakfast but the sausages are the sort the Germans eat and were Veal, there is no bacon on offer, and no mushrooms. However, if you wish to have an omelette or fried eggs (which I did every morning) these are cooked for you. Ask the chef to flip your eggs though otherwise they pass them to you still practically raw (again how the Russians eat them).

If you like cereal, there is masses to choose from and if, like the Russians, you enjoy hams and cheeses for breakfast, these are in abundance. My husband and I opted for the varying cakes and croissant though, which were fantastic and the coffee is nescafe, which was great. Also the butter is Lurpack, another bonus! I must sound like one of these Brits that goes away wanting to have everything the same as at home. I'm really not, as I love to experience different cultures and foods but a lot of it just wasn't the kind of thing I fancied trying. For one I gave the Bird Beak Soup a miss at dinner and the Flave beans which look like mushy peas and are served every breakfast time a miss also!! That said, there is always something to catch your eye and pacify you at every mealtime, so you certainly have no excuse to go hungry. The soups on the whole are lovely and the bread so amazing that you could live on this during your stay. They also serve pasta at lunch and dinner and the chef heats it through in boiling water then you choose the sauce you wish on it. My husband enjoyed this. Also, if you can find nothing you like they do serve either burger and chips or fish and chips and cakes at the poolside bar from 3-5pm.

Other reviews I've read have mentioned how ignorant and bolshy the Russians were during their stay but I can honestly say that we experienced none of that apart from the one sunbed incident. The hotel had around 95% Russians staying at a guess, with only a few of us Brits and other than them filling lots of plates with lots of food, they didn't push or shove, they waited their turn like everyone else. They arrive at their tables with mountains of food but this is just because they do like the Italians, French and Spanish and enjoy a table full of food which they then take some time to eat and enjoy-nothing wrong with that and it certainly doesn't mean that there is less food for anyone else. The chefs are very good at refilling the trays.

Once refreshed with coffee etc we ventured to the pool only to be disappointed that we could not get a sunbed anywhere. The Russians had beaten us to it just like the Germans do and placed towels on every bed. I nearly had a row with one Russain couple who insisted the two remaining toweless beds were being kept for their friends. I told them 'No towels - no reserve' but they were adament and in the end through tiredness we walked away and found two on the beach. I later informed Basel who advised that the following day beds would be available as this was due to the hotel being overful as they had had to rescue the passengers from a cancelled flight and house them for a day. True to his word for the rest of the holiday sunbeds were available but do get to the pool around 7.30-8.00 am if you have a particular spot you like. I can recommend the corner by the Italian restaurant as the sun remains there until around 4pm each day and there is little breeze. The other areas of the pool experience the cold breeze and loose the sun by 2.30 - 3.00 pm each day.

Be prepared for a short day of sunbathing which I hadn't thought about. It's not really warm enough until 9am and then the heat has gone by 3pm. If you are unlucky enough to have a breezy day your sunbathing can be reduced to a couple of hours. However if this is the case, just hop in a taxi and take yourselves to Naama Bay for a wonder round. The temperatures whilst we were there were 32 degrees every day bar two and this was just perfect as it actually doesn't feel that hot at all. I would have loved to have taken a swim in the pool but it was absolutely freezing and would certainly give you the stomach cramps you are warned against as your body would be dropping from hot to freezing in seconds. If you wanted a heated pool there is one by the foyer of the hotel but not very attractive to sit round and obviously quite a few children around it. However the hotel cannot be blamed for the coldness of the pools as they are not heated and the weather isn't hot for long enough to warm them at this time of year.

Whatever you do, take a very thick jumper or even a winter jacket. I was certainly not prepared for how cold it goes at night and had envisaged sitting out under the stars for dinner or at least after dinner sitting out with a drink. We did do this, but as I had only taken a very thin jacket I was absolutely freezing-so be warned. If you visit Naama Bay at night though it's a lot warmer as the town is on the flat, not on a cliff like the Sultan Gardens and thus you are protected from the cold a great deal more and don't get the chilly wind there.

There are plenty of bars within the hotel complex to choose from however during our stay, the one overlooking the beach never opened and the one by the pool didn't have anyone sitting there either, we also never saw anyone eat in the Fish Restaurant, so no atmosphere at all. Most people drank in the hotel foyer bar or just outside this where there is a singer each night. I would say that we felt there was no atmosphere in the hotel foyer bar and it could have done with a pianist or something going on to liven it up in the winter months. It's a very large area and not particularly cosy, also the airconditioning makes it cold all the time. The Cocktail bar upstairs never had anyone in it either. I think most people must go out into Naama at night or retire early as we didn't think there appeared to be many people around considering the hotel was full. There is a nighclub in the basement so you can dance til the early hours if you wish.

The hotel itself is lovely and quiet. By that I mean that you are not disturbed at night by load music from anywhere or drunken yobs returning to their rooms and once you get used to the planes taking off and landing, you get a really good nights sleep there. During the day however, there is music constantly playing and activities happening throughout the day so you have to get used to someone talking over a PA system at times. This is actually not a problem but after three days you wish they would change the CD as its the same one every day of your stay.

The beach is nice but quite small and unless you get there either early or at lunchtime, you won't get a sunbed. Also the wind does pick up by early afternoon and in November it can be chilly there. I'm sure in the summer months you would be grateful of every bit of breeze you can get but not at this time of year.

During our stay we both fell in but nothing serious. On day two we both started experiencing stomach pains, not cramps as advised we might. This prevented us eating much which was a shame as every time we ate we felt worse and we kept feeling queasy and very lethargic. It appears most people had the same problem but they also had 'the trots' and vomitting, which thankfully we avoided. We brushed our teeth in the bottled water provided, didn't eat the salads and had no ice in our drinks, so maybe this helped us.

We ventured out to the Old Market one night which was an eye opener but worth the trip and we also spent a couple of nights and a day at Naama Bay. It's great for shopping, eating and drinking and the food is perfectly safe to eat there. You will also find a TGI Friday's and Hard Rock Cafe there. We didn't eat out but were told the food in Naama was excellent.

Before you get into a blue and white taxi you MUST agree the fare first. Even though we did, the driver kept going on and on during our drive back to the hotel about how he needed more money etc. It was a horrid drive and they drive like complete idots. My advice is use the taxis from the hotel. They cost if anything £0.50 more each way but the drivers are polite and drive beautifully. You can also agree a pick up time and location when you are dropped off which is fantastic and they are always on time collecting you. Worth every penny!!

In summary, I would say that I was disappointed with Sharm as it isn't a pretty place. There is no scenery to look at and the beach there certainly isn't stunning. Yes it's lovely to see the clear blue waters and blue sky but the sand is very course and not soft and golden which I'm afraid I'd had in my head. We had hoped to go back there with our children as it is such a cheap family holiday but due to the illnesses we won't risk it.

Having stayed at a couple of five stars over the past few years, the Sultan Gardens does not compare. I would give it an overall rating of 3.5* rating. The staff and their friendliness, courtiousness and all round attitude to help and please you definitely deserve a 5* , the quanity and quality of the food 4* but the standard of the rooms and the general standards around the resort would only allow me to give it the grade of 3*. I'm disappointed to have to do this as Basel and his team obviously work very hard to please but the hotel definitely needs a makeover, requires a higher standard of cleanliness and to add more atmosphere before I could give it 5*.

I hope this has helped anyone thinking of visiting and for those of you who may have already booked, not frightened you off. Don't let it. We all have different perceptions and standards so this is just mine. Yours may be totally different.

• Liked — Kingsize bed and lovely view from balcony
  • Disliked — Very little atmosphere
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Sweets44
bkhedr, Owner, Executive Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2007
Dear Sweets44,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens and for posting your detailed and honest review. It was a pleasure to have met you and to now read your review. However I do disagree with certain points you have raised and I feel I must respond to them.

Firstly, you mentioned that the resort is in the middle of nowhere and this is not entirely true. We are located midway between the city center and the airport, in a strip of 5 resorts, and directly across from Sharm Park, the International Conference Center and an 18 hole PGA golf course. Admittedly, one cannot simply walk out of our resort and go shopping, but this means that we are away from the never ending noise and bustle that is Nama Bay so I view this as an advantage. As for your being kept awake by planes, I do not doubt you but I am a little surprised as we are far enough away from the airport for this not to be a problem, I have never received this comment before, and I actually live on the property myself and have never had a problem with planes disturbing me or keeping me awake.

With regards to there being cigarette burns in the cushion on the terrace, I apologize for this and will look into it immediately after writing this review.

As for breakfast, I have to strongly stress that it is not geared towards any nationality and I cannot imagine why you would think it was geared towards Russians. Assorted cold cuts and cheeses are a staple of any international buffet and our breakfast includes these as well as fresh fruits and vegetables, jams, toast, fresh made pancakes, cereals, french toast, english cake, croissants, danishes, and other pastries, scrambled eggs, freshly made omelets, scalloped potatoes, sweet baked potatoes, veal sausages, beef sausages, and local favorites such as fava beans and falafel. As you can see this very wide selection has something for everything and is certainly not catering to any one nationality. That being said I have taken your review seriously and we are now adding beef bacon and fried mushrooms to the breakfast buffet effective tomorrow.

Regarding your comments about the Russians, I wholeheartedly agree with everything you have said except that about 95% of our guests are Russian. The truth is that even though we are at th height of Russian season, no more than 50% of the resort's guests are Russian, and as I write this we actually have 82 rooms of the resort occupied by Brits, all of whom, at least from what they have told me, are thoroughly enjoying themselves.

Regarding your comment about music constantly playing, I would like to say that this is a staple of any resort as many guests enjoy the music and the activities. However we at the Sultan Gardens try to please all our guests so we have one large quiet pool with no music and no activities at all. We also have quiet time at the beach everyday from 12 to 3 in the afternoon so guests who want to do so can relax and listen to the waves. As for the music being repetitive, I am sure it must have seemed so to you, but the fact is that we have three DJs and they are always refreshing the listening options.

As for the beach being small, it is in fact 260 meters long and 10 meter deeps. It may get crowded as the beach is why people come to Sharm but that does not make it small.

I would also like to say that there is no risk from eating our salads or drinking beverages with our ice. All of our salads are cleaned with the same purified water used to make our ice cubes. We also contract, at our own expense, a British based health and safety company called Cristal. This company performs monthly spot checks on site where they test everything you can think of and give us a grade out of 100, and I am proud to say that we consistently score over 90%. I am sorry that you very ill, and it is true that there may have been a few others who were, but that is to be expected when you have 1,200 people swimming, and sun bathing, and going in and out of air conditioned rooms and vacationing in a country their bodies may not be used to. Based on the above conditions it would be surprising if one or two people did not get slightly ill, but this is through no fault of the resort and we have a pharmacy and clinic on site should anyone need them.

I would like to thank you again for being our guests and posting your review and while I disagree with your conclusions (I consider the Sultan Gardens to be a top class 5 star resort, and Sharm to be magnificent) they are reasonable and well thought out.

I wish you the best and truly hope that you will give Sharm another chance and choose to visit the Sultan Gardens again as we are constantly improving and may well exceed your expectations next time.

Should any tripadvisor guests have any questions about our resort or this response please feel free to contact me at bkhedr@sultangardens.com

Nottingham
Reviewed November 19, 2007

We have recently come back from Egypt and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Sultan Gardens Resort. All the staff at the resort were so friendly, they couldn’t do enough for you. I read some reviews before we went that people only helped you as they expected tips but that was not the case. None of the staff expected anything in return; they genuinely wanted to make sure we enjoyed our stay.

The food on the whole was good. There was a wide selection, which meant you didn’t end up eating the same thing each day. I particularly liked the fact there was a crepe and an egg man every morning! Casa Mia, the Italian restaurant, served good food. It made a nice change to be waited on. We also ate at the Seafood Restaurant on the sea front. This is not included in the all-inclusive deal but they give you 25% off your bill. Our bill came to only £10 for both of us. The food and the service were exceptional. I would definitely recommend paying it a visit.

The swimming pools were all really nice and clean. We favoured the pool in the Oriental Corner as it was quieter than the others and tended to be where most of the Brits congregated. Our room had a lovely sea view and was cleaned thoroughly each day. The whole resort was constantly maintained whilst we were there.

Basel, the Assistant Manager, at the Resort was really helpful. He arranged a late check out for us, which was nice and was always there to help you if you had any queries. We found that when we arrived at the airport we had to pay over the odds for a taxi to the resort. It’s only a 10-minute journey but we paid almost £25. Basel informed us that the local taxi men always rip the tourists off and in future he could arrange for a taxi to pick us up if we sent him our flight details. On the way home the hotel’s shuttle bus took us to the airport for free which was a nice touch.

Overall I would definitely recommend this resort. I am already planning my next trip.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — Occasional ants
  • Stayed November 2007
6 Thank Hollis82
bkhedr, Owner, Executive Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, November 21, 2007
Dear Hollis82,

Thank for choosing the Sultan Gardens and for posting your review. It was a pleasure to host you and I look forward to your return.

London
Reviewed November 16, 2007

Good Clean hotel for a nice relaxing break ! Met some friendly egyptians.. staff are gr8 & make u feel welcome.. especially Basel and Amr ;) who was deeply saddened by Egypts loss in the footy..
The Hotel Club Disco wasnt bad either with a good selection of house/dance & techno music...friendly animation team..not sure about the entertainment shows. Quad Biking is gr8 and not too far from hotel and naama bay where all the night life is..oh yeh and i forgot to mention !Beware of the Bossy Arrogant Russians ! they are everywhere!

• Stayed November 2007
6 Thank Ndn_Lon
bkhedr, Owner, Executive Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, November 17, 2007
Dear Ndn_Lon,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort. It was a pleasure to host you and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope to see you again and remain at your service should you require anything.

Crewe, Cheshire, UK
Reviewed November 7, 2007

Another fantastic holiday at the Sutlan Gardens. I visited this hotel last December on a work trip, we visited in the range of 20 hotels in Sharm and this was my favourite. So when planning my holiday, I had to choose the Sultan Gardens. It was just the holiday we wanted, hadn't had a holidy in over 18 months, so needed a relaxing holiday in the sun.

Had arranged the airport transfers through Basel and they were brilliant, remember to reconfirm your return transfers with the hotel reception the day before your flight. The sea view rooms are well worth the upgrade (thanks Basel), the views are just amazing!! The staff are one of the best things about this hotel, they are so friendly. I was 6 months pregnant at the time and the staff were lovely, always asking how baby was, making sure I was alright and making me lovely non-alcoholic cocktails.

As usual loved the food, you have to remember you are not going to Benidorm, so your not going to get chips for Dinner every evening. If you do want your chips, hot dogs, burgers etc, they put them on around
the snack bar everyday around lunch time. There is always something for everyone, potatoes, pasta, rice, meat (chicken, beef, etc), fish, veg, salad, soup, bread. Plenty of variety. The desserts are just fantastic aswell. Don't forget to book in for the Italian at reception, get in early as it gets booked up, this is included in your all inclusive.

The pools are fantatic, one with a slide (children love this one, as well as the big kids), the two main pools are where all the animation goes on all day, and the fourth one is the quite one, no loud music or animation team etcs, just perfect for relaxing.

Overall, had a fantastic time and would definaltly come again, but next time we'll bring the new arrival with us!! Wish I had more time to write my review, but would be here all night otherwise.

Thanks to everyone at the hotel

P.S Is your brother Mo back yet Basel? missed not seeing him while I was there.

Stayed October 2007
12 Thank Sar123
Dear Sar123,

Thank you for posting your review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to your return.

As for Mo, he is still in Canada and will return soon. Just email me if you would like me to pass a message on to him.

Kindest Regards
Mossley
Reviewed November 6, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Sultan Gardens from 27 October to 3 November with our two children and also our friends and their daughter. We had a lovely relaxing week. The weather was faultless (not a cloud in the sky for the whole week, about 30 degrees every day which was helped by a lovely breeze) and the hotel and its grounds were kept clean and tidy. We tended to stay at the larger pools which were close to our rooms and I can honestly say that although this was where all the entertainment was going on if you wanted to just spend the day relaxing on your sun lounger the music and entertainment did not affect this in any way (I managed to doze off on a few occasions!) and even though the animation team did come round trying to get people involved they were lovely and did not cause a nuisance to anyone. The kids had a great time, we didn't see our eldest son for most of the week. He was off playing on the water slides or getting involved with the animation team. The two youngest children absolutely lived for the 9.30 shows - they loved them (especially the part where mummy was dragged up to take part in the Miss Sultan Gardens show!)

I felt the food was very limited but that is probably because I am a very fussy eater! My husband enjoyed it and there was plenty of variety and all the staff were very friendly (many thanks to Abdul who really looked after us during breakfast and dinner)

I would defintely recommend a trip out to Naama Bay. A return taxi ride will cost you £8. Hard Rock Cafe is a must - £65 for 4 adults and 3 children - amazingly cheap, great food and atmosphere!

One thing I would say about the hotel is that we were not able to keep our rooms or one of the rooms for an extra 3 hours before departure. As we had a full day round the pool before we had to leave at 5.30pm an extra couple of hours would have been greatly appreciated, especially with 3 children to sort out! We did offer to pay extra for this but the reception staff said the hotel was fully booked. We were able to use the shower facilities in the health club but everybody had the same idea at the same time!

Overall our stay at the Sultan Gardens could not be faulted and we will definitely be returning to Sharm El Sheikh in the future (and we would definitely would not dismiss returning to Sultan Gardens).

The only major problem we had was with our tour operator, Cosmos, who had only booked us in for a 5 night stay instead of the 7 nights we had booked. This problem only came to light when we could not get into our rooms using our key cards on the 5th day!

After a few wasted hours we did manage to get this sorted out and the reception staff were very helpful in assisting us in any way they could.

Stayed October 2007
9 Thank lisal2012
bkhedr, Owner, Executive Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, November 9, 2007
Dear Lisal2012,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens and posting your review. It was a pleasure to host you and meet you and I do hope that you will choose the Sultan Gardens for your next visit to sharm.

I apologize for not being able to provide a late check out but I am sure you can understand that sometimes this is not possible.

Watford
Reviewed November 5, 2007

The purpose of this holiday was to have a relaxing week away from england with my sister, which was exactly what we had. Prior to booking i had read all the reviews on trip advisor and although some of them were not great i was very impressed that the manager Basil takes the time to read the reviews and comment on them. (Never since this before on trip advisor!!)

The hotel itself is very clean, the showers are in need of a refurb however but we were informed whilst there this was due to take place some time soon. The rooms are very spacious and we were lucky to have a lovely view of the swimming pools and the beach.

The resort itself is HUGE so if you want a small personal hotel then this would not be top of the list, it took us a while to find our bearings. There are four swimming pools, one aimed at children and two very loud and busy swimming pools but if you prefer something a little quieter there is a fourth pool that seemed to be very empty when were there and we tended to go there where we were not bothered by lpud music and entertainment. Seemed to be that the majority of Brits were there too which we liked.

As for the food and entertainment, the food i would say was average. there is something for everyone and it was exactly what i would have expected for an all inclusive holiday as this. there was fresh salads and fruit everyday which i tended to live off as it was usually a safe bet, but they do have plenty of cooked food although i find that mass catering as this means the standard is not as good as it could be. they did make fresh pasta everyday which i enjoyed also. I would say the food is probably typical of what us brits would class four star resort abroad. There was an itlaien restuarant available for all inclusive too but you need to book as soon as you arrive because it gets very booked up. it was great to be served food to the table which we enjoyed. The drinks are all local spririts so do not expect the best quality wine and spirits once again they are what you would expect for all inclusive.

There was two types on entertainment, a singer by one of the pools who was absolutely awful but he played every night!! and there was entertainment in another arena both for children first and then an adult show. Apparently some nights this was good but we did not attend because the films in the room on television seemed much more appealing to me!!

we did have an issue with not getting clean towels in the room everyday but when Basil introduced himself to us by the pool one day, we informed him of this and a couple of other small problems we had and he quickly addressed them and the staff made sure we had towels everyday.

I did a dive trip with the hotel dive company on the beach. the staff were fantastic but they seem to make the prices up as they went along, all having their own ideas and we were quoted different prices about three times for the same trip so do bargain with them. We also went to Naama bay one night using the bus from the hotel which is definately worth a visit.

The previous reviews state lots of russians and i did not know what the problem was with this until i was in Egypt. The are basically pushy and rude and will push you out of the way when getting food but they are amusing to watch and unfortunately this is the nature of this resort.

Overallw as a good holiday. The hotel is classed five star but do not compare this to 5 star hotels in cities like london and new york. It is typical for such a holiday resort and would compare ot to a 4 star hotel as i know them!!

• Liked — the bed
  • Disliked — the russians
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
7 Thank lucy.glass
bkhedr, Owner, Executive Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2007
Dear lucy.glass,

Thank you for visiting our resort and posting your review. It was a pleasure to meet you and your sister and I am glad that you had a relaxing and enjoyable break.

I would just like to mention that we have already taken steps to solve the water pressure problem (which is a problem in sharm rather than in our resort) but we are waiting for special equipment ordered from abroad.

I would also like to mention that we have just increased our food allocation budget so expect the already good food to be much improved during your next visit.

As for the singer, this is a little difficult for me because he is a very good man with great enthusiasm, and he seems genuinely loved by many guests, but there have been complaints so we have made a change and our new singer will start working as of the 15th of November.

Once agian lucy,glass, it was a pleasure to meet you and I remain at your service.