I travelled here with a party of 4 other women aged between 31-39 begining of June 2013. This was my third visit to Egypt and the rest of the party was their first time.
We checked in with no problems and were given an upgrade to a family room with two bedrooms and two bathrooms plus sitting room. The room was quite far from the beach (10 min walk) but none of us minded as we enjoyed the exercise. The room was really clean and the beds were very comfy. The air conditioning in the rooms was very effective albeit a little noisy. Pool towels are put in your room and are changed every evening.
Food: and Drink
Breakfast was average but most people would find something to eat. Buffet dinner was quite poor but we only ate there once as we managed to book restaurants for 6 nights out of 7.
The mexican restaurant was good food and great service. C view great for lunch as is the mexican. Shish restaurant was great food but service was slack when it came to getting another drink. Shame as we are all good tippers for good service. Lebanese restaurant was really nice food and good service. The pizza restaurant was very good. The best restaurant of all was the Italian for food and service, book early to get a reservation. This is my third visit to Egypt and I had great food but this hotels buffet is probably been the most disappointing. Drinks at the pool bar, mexican and lobby were fine but I did not drink anywhere else.
Beach and Pool:
Only used the pool down by the beach which was thoroughly cleaned and was quite fun with activities and music. The sea was fantastic for snorkelling and swimming. We always managed to get a sunbed but we are early risers and were probably on our sunbeds by 8am most days.
We found the staff at this hotel to be simply charming and polite and that was without a tip first!
I would like to mention Nada, Eid and Hassan at the Mexican and pool bar. In fact most the staff in the Mexican bar and restaurant were very attentive and friendly. If you can give them a tip great as they really do depend on these to make a better living. The Millenium Dive Centre are also very professional and friendly especially Teva.
You will find that staff will try to get you to buy extras but a polite but firm no thank you will suffice although Hassans cocktails are very good if you fancy paying for something..
To sum up I would say that for the price I paid I was pleasantly surprised and would return again. for a 7 night break. Its not perfect but I am yet to find one that is!! Thank you Sharm Plaza and staff for making our holiday so relaxed and fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting small blocks of whitewashed buildings, decorative arches, water features, secluded corners and private grottos, the Sharm Plaza evokes a typical north African village feel. The rocky coral shore is punctuated with beach terraces that offer the perfect place to soak up the sun and develop a healthy appetite to enjoy the many à la carte restaurants. It’s a perfect choice whether you seeking a quiet corner to catch up on your holiday reading or a more active adventure such as snorkelling from the jetty on to the famous Far Garden reef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sharm Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sharm Plaza Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Crowne Plaza Sharm El Sheikh
- Crowne Plaza Resort Sharm El Sheikh
- Sharm El Sheikh Crowne Plaza
- Crown Plaza Sharm El Sheikh