“Snorkeling”

Camel Dive Club
Fredrikstad, Norway
“Snorkeling”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We went snorkeling at Ras Mohamed with Camel, and it was an incredible experience! First of all the snorkeling was outstanding. The instructor (Sayid) was very helpful, and took us through the basic (we snorkeled for the first time). He took his time, always making sure we were keeping up, that we were OK and that we enjoyed the snorkeling.

After the snorkeling experience and getting "the taste of it" - I'm going back to get a diving certificate.

Visited January 2013
CamelDive-Sharm, Public Relations Manager at Camel Dive Club, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Wow! There’s possibly no greater compliment than hearing that your snorkelling experience with us has inspired you to take your diving certificate. Fantastic! Sayid is one of our team of experienced snorkel guides, and we’re really pleased that you found him to be helpful and attentive. We know that he will be delighted with your feedback. Thank you very much for making the effort to share information about your experience with other travellers, and we look forward to diving with you in future!

London
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“As good as ever”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Did our OW with Camel back in 2009 and haven't looked back since. I'm now MSD qualified, my wife is AOW and have over 200 dives between us. Going back to Camel feels like going home - many of the staff are still there and whilst our OW instructor has moved to Spain, most of the others are still there.

They have high standards, a very well run and seamless operation, good trips, good equipment and they look after you well. They work hard, have a great centre in Na'ama Bay and would recommend them to anyone either learning to dive or looking to day boat dive in the Red Sea. Big thanks to Beth, Chico, Deniz, Ahmed, Cath and all the staff, drivers and crew.

If they see you can dive well and are competent they will kind of let you do your own thing, stay at the back, surface on your own, etc. No hand holding required, unless you need a bit of support and/ or encouragement - just what you want, when you want it.

Didn't stay in the hotel, but reports from other divers are good, the tandoori is very good, as is the Italian, the bar, the roof bar, all in all, you could do worse than stay here for your holiday and dive with them.

Will be back, maybe next year!

Visited December 2012
Warwick
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I decided to go diving in Egypt this winter, and now I want to back ASAP! I'm not an experienced diver so was a bit nervous at first, but as soon as you're on the boat and the guides are going through the briefing you're made to feel at ease. I had 6 brilliant dives, but Thistlegorm... IMMENSE! I really want to say thanks to Ali, Tulio, Cath and all the crew who made this such a brilliant trip, see you in 2013... Hopefully for some sharks!

One point I'd like to make is that speaking to people who I met on the dives, staying at the hotel sounds the best thing to do, and cuts out the bus rides in, so I'll be booking in next time.
Thanks again!

1 Thank Jareddavies100
Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“world class diving, attentive staff, and fun club”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My boyfriend had such a great experience with CDC that he brought 12 of us back to Sharm just to dive with them! We did two days of boat diving with Rodrigo and Ali. They were so friendly and attentive, the boat crew was helpful and served up great food, the boat was kept clean and the dives organized. It was a bit colder than we expected, and Ali even found me an extra shorty for the next day (Thanks!). Rodrigo showed us some of the coolest stuff we have seen underwater including a frog fish, a huge turtle and an eagle ray that swam right at us! It was nice to hang out at the club after a day's diving and chill on their rooftop bar overlooking nama bay. Thanks guys for a wonderful and I am sure we will return soon.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Phoenix C
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Obsessed with Nitrox”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I did 6 dives over 3 days with Camel Dive Club and I must say in future I will be sticking to the smaller more personal club in future. I found Camel to care more about money than the customer’s experience. I had 6 great dives mostly with Omar who was a great guy and really knowledgeable about the sites he took us to, he was really passionate about what he does and it made the dives so much better. I’ve done 50 dives over 6 years in 6 countries and I’ve never needed or wanted to use Nitrox, I’m an AOW diver and understand the benefits for myself especially with how low my air consumption is so I could have a longer bottom time and or more dives in a day. If this was my goal. One day I’m fairly certain I will move onto Nitrox but I’d prefer if it was my choice and not being forced into it because everyone else in my group was already qualified. I prevailed and had 6 great long dives without the need for Nitrox. I’m glad I did. I completely understand why it was sold/offered to myself but they then went on to sell it to my new qualified dad who has only done 11 dives and can easily consume a 15 litre air tank in 30 minutes at 18 metres. So this made my mind up that the only reason you wanted us to do the Nitrox certificate was for your own profit. The only benefit for someone like my dad was maybe feeling less exhausted but were both fit and healthy and have never felt bad after a day’s diving in our lives. Very disappointing to say the least.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Blacktin
CamelDive-Sharm, Public Relations Manager at Camel Dive Club, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience of diving with us. There are clear benefits to using nitrox, particularly for people over the age of 45, since for any given dive the body absorbs less nitrogen compared with the same dive made with normal air. For this reason nitrox is considered safer and we offer it for free to suitably qualified divers who book in advance. However, as you correctly point out, all our dives are conducted within safe diving limits so there is absolutely no requirement to use nitrox instead of normal air. We’re sorry to hear that you felt pushed to use nitrox, whether by peer pressure from other divers or by members of our team, since it’s always the diver’s own decision whether to dive with nitrox or air.
Thanks again for your feedback, and may we wish you and your Dad many happy and safe dives in future.