“Great trip”

Ranked #10 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Great trip”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Just returned from 2 weeks at this lovely hotel, if you are looking for a clean and relaxing hotel then please look no further, this is my 5th time to Egypt and it is the first time that my partner and myself had no tummy problems at all which was a huge bonus, the staff round the pool, Aref, Samwil, Haney, Mustafa worked non stop to make everyone's holiday special and always kept a smile on there faces and bearing in mind these guys work a 15 hour day on average is really impressive. The food was always fresh and plenty of it but a bit bland at times for me but considering the amount of people they are cooking for this isn't a criticism it is more my personal preference, the waiters are always more than helpful to get you a drink regardless of whether you tip or not and in my opinion for the service that you got I would of loved a few more people to show there appreciation now and again for the staff going beyond the call of duty in my opinion, my room cleaner Ahmed was out of this world cleaning the room daily with fresh towels, bedding etc and doing his best to make our stay special. Before I left for holiday I read the reviews and people complaining about the hotel being on a hill and to be honest it is on a hill BUT I would not say that you need to be super fit to deal with it and to be honest with all the extra food I ate I could really do with the excercise lol, another refreshing thing was that you don't get ripped off in the hotel shop, I found it very reasonable for bits and pieces that I fancied and found it cheaper than going out the hotel. As in most places in egypt they all speak very good English so no problems there and if you fancy a bit of a change of scenery it is a 15 minute taxi drive to Naama bay or soho square and Malek our regular driver from the hotel lobby charge £6 each way and his time keeping was superb always picking us up bang on time. Great trip and Thanks to all at the Xperia sea breeze.

Paul McCudden

Room Tip: If you want to avoid hill stay in blocks 10,11,12 but expect a bit more noise from block 10 as it is...
6 Thank Paul M
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you very much for posting your excellent review and recommendations about your holiday at Xperience Sea Breeze; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.
Thank you also for the recognition of our standards and your kind words about the efficiency and friendliness of our staff; your compliments will definitely be shared with the team.
Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,128)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed at Xperience Sea Breeze Hotel from 7th June - 17th June this year. It was our first time in Sharm and I was really wary and thoroughly read through all reviews before travelling.

I came across this hotel and I can honestly say that our expectations were exceeded.The food was great. Before travelling, we were warned about the food in Egypt. We did not have this problem at all. The food was excellent. We ate Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner every single day, excluding one evening where we ate in Soho Square because we were out watching the football. There was all different types of food and always something for somebody to eat. There was always rice, meat, pasta, bread and lots of cakes and fruit too!

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Personally, we did not tip the staff in the hotel and did not feel that we were treated any differently because of this.It is very difficult to get a sunbed around the pools during the day, but there are always free beds at the beach! We ended up spending the last few days of our holiday around the beach. The food was nice and the snorkeling was amazing!

Our room, was in block 16. It's quite a walk from the reception but if we were ever feeling lazy we jumped in the minibus that was driven by Anton! Who shared the same name as my boyfriend. Anton was very friendly and always bibbed us and waved if we had decided to walk. We had a sea view room, which was lovely. I think I would stay in this block again as the blocks closer to reception tend to be a bit noisier during the day as it's so close to the pool and also in the evenings if there is entertainment on. We watched the entertainment in the hotel a couple of nights, it was nothing special but nothing to complain out.

The watersports, diving and massage guys DO come around your sunbeds to try and sell their experiences, but they in no way pressure you or become annoying (If they do, you can get a 'Do Not Disturb' sign from your towel guy. We ended up becoming quite good friends with all of these people and in the end they just pass by to say hello. We did book watersports with the company on the hotel's beach and we loved them all! We had some great pictures taken by the photographer and put on a disk at an extra charge (Well worth it.)

The evenings in this hotel can get a bit dull after dinner, but there is a free bus to Naama bay and you can request a free bus to Soho square from the rep in the hotel lobby (Sayed). We personally didn't like Naama bay as we felt very harassed and bothered by locals. Soho Square was lovely, and we spent most of our evenings there. We also booked an excursion into the dessert driving quad bikes etc which was amazing and cost around £40 each.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody travelling to Egypt and I would definitely go back there myself. We felt very welcome and everything was kept spotless. I would like to say a massive thank you to Anton (The Driver) for making us feel so welcome. My boyfriend (Also called Anton) has been asking me to write the TripAdvisor review and mention you since we got back! So here you go! We will definitely come back to visit you.

Very impressed with this hotel and will definitely return. I am missing it already!

We will see you soon, next summer hopefully! :)

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1615, it's quite far from reception but also close to the beach. Very quiet. W...
10 Thank Paige M
It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us. We have taken notes of your kind comments and will pass it on to all departments concerned.
For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through your comments, we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.
Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home.
Cheshire
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is amazing! I went in May for 10 nights with my boyfriend. It was my first holiday abroad and it couldn't of been better.
The hotel is so clean and modern. Stunning sea views and lots to do.
We were in room 1115. It has to be one of the quietest blocks it was lovely. The staff were great, so helpful and friendly. Couldn't of asked for better.
Reda, the guy at the pool near our block couldn't of done more for us. Constantly smiling and joking even though he worked his socks off all day everyday.
I really want to come back to this hotel again, id recommend it to anybody!
Thankyou to everyone at Xperience sea breeze who made our holiday especially, reda, mostafa, ibraham, and abdullah! Amazing people

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank sianlouisexo
It’s of utmost pleasure, that we could provide you with a great holiday and wonderful time at our resort, where you felt very welcome.
We are looking forward to welcoming you hopefully in the near future again to enjoy another interesting vacation.
Please, accept our warmest regards from Xperience Sea Breeze Resort.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The room was very clean[different towel art each day] & comfortable overlooking one of the many pools, the staff were very friendly the all inclusive was much better than expected, the shisha restaurant on the roof was excellent the no children policy is an added bonus. Beautiful snorkling from a private beach overlooked by terraced sun beds & much needed sun umbrellas, with drinks delivered if your feeling a little lazy. The entertainment was a little hit & miss loved the Whirling Dervish, animators amused my son 21 years old & got him involved with others his age it's mostly couples but he still enjoyed it, he even tried scuba & I took it up again after 22 years with a very patient instructor the boat trip was fantastic I had a buddie[instructor] to myself. The gym was well equipped & health spa was very relaxing my sister I both had the 3 massage deal the Egyptian was to die for a little less rigorous than the Sports, also had a fab facial including eyebrow tint. The service overall was exceptional the best package holiday I have ever been on would recommend to anyone to try.

Room Tip: We had a pool on either side 1214 the balcony had the morning sun
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Karen A
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at Xperience Sea Breeze, and for your lovely review. We are indeed delighted that your visit with us was as enjoyable as It sounds. We will most certainly share your comments with all our team members, who put in the extra mile and made the difference. Thank you once again, it's been our pleasure having you with us, and we all look forward to be of service to you in the nearest future. Warm regards from all of us.
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2014

First time in Egypt and loved the complex. The only negative being the fact it required using the bus within the complex to make use of all the facilities. The food was good with a wide variety of food being available. Staff were friendly and attentive to our needs (special thanks to Sameh who looked after us providing water, juices and fruit wherever we were sat around the pool)
Another person who deserved a mention was Anton who drove the bus and on each time we used the service was met with a warm welcome and a friendly smile
For those that are interested in the coral and fishes of the Red Sea it's all there at the complexes jetty.
We were in room 1623 and the room cleaner who's name we have forgotten made an excellent job of ensuring it was always clean and tidy

Room Tip: We upgraded to a sea view which was excellent well worth the money
2 Thank paddylenn0n
We would like to take the opportunity to send you our sincere appreciation and thankfulness for your great feedback upon your recent visit to Egypt and of course at our Xperience Sea Breeze Resort and for your kind support.
We read with very much delight, that our team could make your stay fantastic holiday and we thank you especially for the lovely, praising words regarding our team members, food variety and resort and rooms’ cleanliness. And thank you for recommending our resort to anyone.
It will be our great pleasure to host you soon again for another fantastic time at our resort as all our team is looking forward to welcoming you back.
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We booked this as a last minute holiday and booked through the hotel, so we wasn't too sure what to expect. Lovely hotel. We had a room with a small pool just outside so we used that every day which was lovely.
The buffet restaurant was small, but didn't seem to get too busy, didn't have to wait in queues for anything. The food was lovely, fresh show cooking every night and every morning. Wide range of salads and puddings too. You wouldn't go hungry here. The food might not suit every one, but we found it good. The service in her was great. The drinks came out quick and were refilled regularly.
We paid to go to the Indian restaurant twice. The food was amazing. We were disappointed we didn't try it earlier on in the holiday so we could go more, the price was good too.
The hotel is sat on a slope so it's a walk down to the beach area and walk back up to the lobby is a bit tiring in the heat.
Shame you can't really walk out into the sea and have to use the jetty and make use of the natural beach.
Lovely hotel overall.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sarah-Jayne C
We would like to pass you our utmost appreciation and thanks for issuing your very positive review regarding your recent stay at our Xperience Sea Breeze Resort and for recommending it to anyone.
Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards.
It will be our great pleasure to host you soon again for another great time at our resort and all our team is looking forward to welcoming you back.
Market Drayton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We have just returned back from a week at Xperience Sea Breeze.

The experiences we received from the hotel have been itemised by other users, so we felt it was only fair to Xperience that we do the same.

We are reasonably well travelled, having stayed in many European Resorts, Turkey and further afield staying in Sri Lanka and several times in the Caribbean. This was our first trip to Egypt, and we were apprehensive as half the people you talk to about Egypt love it, whilst the other half dislike it. We booked this holiday following the reviews on Trip Advisor and our decision was lead by it being ranked as highly as it is and that the hotel is strictly Adults only - again another first for us as we've never stayed in an adults only before.

The positives:
The service is phenomenal! The best that we have ever received at any hotel previously. The welcome drink in a morning around the swimming pool of cool juice, quickly followed by water, then a bagel, then fruit kebabs, and finally a cold wet towel given to every guest who is sun bathing around the main pool. Regardless on wether or not you decide to tip, this is the service you get everyday. Similar service is provided in the afternoon, although the bagels were swapped with a small bowl of ice cream - perfect after a day sun bathing.

We choose to tip, although our tipping primarily was given on exceptional service, rather than for the sake of it. We received excellent service in the main restaurant, by Aref at the main pool (nearest hotel lobby with slide), in the main restaurant, and to Mina who took care of our room and made an excellent job. The bar staff throughout our week would remember our drinks from the previous evening, even though they were working in a different bar.

Our room was 1128. We overlooked the small second pool which had a bar tender, and we could also see a partial sea view. We had not booked for, or paid for an upgraded room, we had booked for a 'promo' room, so we were very pleased with the quality and standard of the room. We had morning sun on our balcony, which suited us.

As the hotel is predominately British guests, and is reasonably small, we were amazed at how friendly all the guests appeared to be. Prior to our holiday, we had the assumption that the hotel would be middle aged to older age guests, and we were pleasantly surprised to see the huge range of guests, from young couples in their early twenties to senior citizens. We spoke with several couples throughout our week, and it appeared to be a hotel where natural friendships were created.
For people that struggle to walk or would struggle to walk up-hill, then you should consider if this the best hotel for you, or if the beach area is not important to you, ask the hotel if you could be placed in block 10 or block 11.

Other items:
The food in the main restaurant wasn't the best that we've tasted, but was certainly edible . We ate out at the Masala restaurant one evening which was near to the hotel. The Indian food offered was excellent, and you get 25% off the bill and free drinks. It's a bit strange that for an all inclusive hotel, you have to pay for the speciality restaurants, but for us, we wanted a change and the cost was just £24.00 for the two of us, for a 3 course meal. In the UK that would have Ben the same price for a take-away. We decided to not eat at Elements Restaurant, but people we spoke to commented the food was excellent, and again paid similar to what we had for a 3 course meal.

The reserving of sun beds is annoying, and in our opinion the hotel should stop this practice from happening. At the start of our holiday, to get a bed by the small pool next to our block, you'd have needed to be up at 5.00am to reserve your bed. We are not into that game, as we go on holiday to relax, and not set an alarm clock. We did go to that pool once, but didn't enjoy it, as we felt it was too click lay, with around 20 sun beds. We did the beach once, with a welcoming breeze, but for the most part of our hotel stay, we remained at the pool with the slide.

It was very safe to walk out of the hotel, with local shops across the road including a small supermarket type shop and several other shops. We also visited Naama Bay and Soho Square. We arranged our own transport and paid 40 Egyptian pounds each was (less than £4.00) but be prepared to negotiate the price before you get into a taxi!

So, to summarise, this was a great hotel, which gave excellent service from the point of arrival, through to departure (although our bands were removed at 12.00noon, we still received all inclusive service up to the point of being picked up by the minibus). The hotel should stop the policy of reserving sun beds and the only other negative that we had was that there was no free wi-if internet at any part of the hotel, and this should be addressed too.

We will definitely visit Sharm again, and also stay at Xperience Sea Breeze.

Room Tip: 1128 near the main block, with a partial sea view and morning sun.
3 Thank stevedourish
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, June 23, 2014