“first Egypt Xperience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Chichester, England, United Kingdom
“first Egypt Xperience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Just come back on Sunday 16th March after 10 days.This hotel deserves all its great comments.i could not find any fault with it.The staff are unbelievably friendly from Mahmood in the restaurant to Ali in the pool bar and Samirh at the towel hut.
The hotel should be really proud to have such a wonderful set of staff.Oh i must not forget Sam who cleaned our room and left wonderful towel art.
I recommend a massage (buy one and get one free) see Karmil he will give you a free back taster massage.
The food is excellent with plenty of choice and different places to eat.
Snorkeling was excellent from the jetty if you are not to sure about snorkeling in deep water then this is ideal.
Would return tomorrow if i could,thanks for a wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: if you like to get to bed early stay away from block ten as it faces the outdoor entertainment which...
1 Thank Mark S
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
It’s of utmost pleasure, that we could provide you with a great holiday and wonderful time at our resort, where you felt very welcome.
We are looking forward to welcoming you hopefully in the near future again to enjoy another interesting vacation.
Please, accept our warmest regards from Xperience Sea Breeze Resort.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,128)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I have to rate the hotel in light of what we paid - hotel only £480 for nine days for two. It is good value and we had a nice time but whilst we were there it was rated #9 - there must be many more far better hotels in Sharm.

Staff: 4/5

Overall the staff are very good, especially the men who work in the Elements restaurant who were fantastic. Cleaner very friendly, however every evening at around 6pm (right when we were getting ready for dinner) he would knock to see if everything was okay/look for tips? I found this quite irritating.
The reps generally move on if you say no thank you, we just said that we've already booked all of our trips so they didn't bother. I did find that the dive guys were the most persistent. The only staff member that made me feel uncomfortable was part of the dive team who approached me when I was alone until I mentioned my boyfriend when he then walked off.
Also, I feel that the reception staff are not nearly as good as the others. Poor communication between the staff and on one occasion one was a bit rude.

Food: 3.5/5

This was where I was most disappointed, no way is there a massive choice of outstanding food as some reviewers have said. There was always something to eat though (although I'd imagine vegetarians would struggle some nights).
Breakfast: many pastries available but these did on the whole taste strange, evidenced by the fact that I barely saw them touched. You do have your egg station for omelettes etc though.
Lunch: Don't bother with the tiran, just have lunch in Elements (AL at lunch). Pizzas, sandwiches etc. Probably the meal we enjoyed most with nice staff.
Dinner: There are 2 or 3 Egyptian options, 8 other bowls of hot food, another meat station and then chips. I was very disappointed with the salads, very limited with most containing fish/seafood. No pasta salads or cous cous or anything like that. If this sounds like a great choice to you then you won't be disappointed but I have been to cheaper hotels and had better.
Shish restaurant: you get this free once a week and it was lovely. Lovely salads, houmous etc. Nice grilled meat and prawns.
Romantic meal on jetty: you pay about $90 but it's definitely worth it. The food is quite good and the setting is perfect, lovely music and it really was a special night, definitely recommend!

Room: 4/5

Perfectly good for the price you pay. Some reviews have said they're a bit tired: bathroom was a bit but nothing really that noticeable. We were in room 1602 and had a bit of a sea view which was a bonus. We booked a double but were given a twin but we didn't really mind. Beds were comfortable albeit they sagged in the middle a bit and the pillows weren't fantastic.

Pools: 4/5

We only used the pool by the beach so cannot comment on the others. It was heated so nice and warm and always very clean. The only reason I marked it down is for its size.

Entertainment: 2/5

I wasn't expecting anything as hotel entertainment is usually slightly dire but we ended up not bothering with it some nights. I particularly didn't like the snake show - throwing around snakes etc, all a little bit cruel.
However, there's just the right amount of stuff happening down at the beach pool in the day like water polo etc.

Cleanliness: 5/5

The hotel really is clean. We didn't have any stomach issues the whole time. There are always cleaners going round and there are lots of gardeners. The pools are cleaned well.

Location: 4/5

Close to the airport. There is nothing to do around the hotel and we did find the nights could be a bit boring, but that's the same as many of the hotels in the area. There's not really anywhere to go for a walk and the hotel is quite small. We didn't go to Soho or Naama - didn't want the hassle and the people we spoke to who went said it was very intense.

Snorkelling: 5/5

Snorkelling at this hotel really is great! The reef is amazing and the amount of fish you see is unbelievable. The cordoned off area for the hotel is quite small but you can just duck under and swim up along the coral. The space between hotels means that you can snorkel completely by yourself!

Fitness centre/spa: 3/5

We didn't use the fitness centre but it looked better than others I've seen in hotels. We used the facilities to get changed on our last day and everything was very clean.
My partner had a shave though and they used toothpaste as the foam. Perhaps an Egypt thing I'm not sure but it put us off trying anything else!

Mosquitoes: I generally get bitten very badly and in most of the areas I didn't get bitten. However on the romantic meal on the jetty I completely didn't think about spraying anything and I did get bitten quite a bit. So just to warn you that if you do the meal make sure you don't forget the mosquitoes!

Therefore, although I felt that there were a few downsides, I think for the price we paid the hotel is very good. We spoke to some people who couldn't believe why the hotel was so highly rated but then again we spoke to many more who have been here numerous times and love it - one man was on his 12th visit. You get perks if you return and this did seem to be a factor why people would come back so perhaps that has something to do with it.
Overall, on our budget and if we were to return to sharm we'd probably come back to the hotel, we did have a nice holiday and on the whole for the price you get a good deal.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lowennarose
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
It is a great honor to see that in general you were happy with our services rendered. Your pleasant comments about the hotel staff service and hotel location are passed to them to encourage and ensure they are appreciated from our end as well.
All your comments were explained in details with all the departments concerned and all the necessary action are taken in order to provide our guests the highest standard of service.
Thanks again for your feedback and would hope to welcome you back personally, when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable as you would wish.
Thetford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Returned from our second visit on Thursday. The XSB is outstanding, the food is great, rooms spotlessly clean and the staff are amazing. The animation team, Daisy, Diego, Beth, Anthony, Katrina and Wyleed work so hard and made our holiday so much fun. Azmy our housekeeper for room 1159 is outstanding and brilliant towel art.Ilbraham and Samwil the towel attendents at the swimup bar pool are so friendly and funny. Samie at the aqua pool is the best bartender/waiter in all of Sharm. All of the staff are outstanding and will do everything possible to make your stay amazing.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank R0che1
We would like to thank you very much for your very lovely comments about your holiday you recent holiday you spent at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort.
It’s of great pleasure for us, that all our team could make you feel like royalty with our little extra touches and we met your expectations to experience a wonderful holiday.
We will be more than pleased to welcome you next year again at our resort to share another enjoyable stay with us.
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I've never been into writing reviews but after our holiday to this hotel I felt I needed to as Egypt/Sharm el sheikh are going through a really tough time!
We stayed here a few weeks ago and have to say what a fantastic hotel. The hotel is immaculately kept, most evenings the grounds were treated to keep the Mosquitos to a minimum.
We were really impressed with the food, good variety so no one would go hungry! The Elements restaurant is well worth visit, food was fantastic as we're the staff.
All the staff are so friendly, extremely hard working & nothing was to much trouble. I have to mention a few people who made our holiday so good, Ali (the main pool bar man) he never seem to rest, drinks were delivered every 1/2hour.. Top guy. Mohamed (block 14 room cleaner) the room was always immaculate & the towel art was brilliant. Ibrahim & Samwil (main pool towel guys) good fun, hard working & pretty good at towel art too :)).
Keep up the good work & see you in July. X

Room Tip: Block 14, it's half way from the beach & the main building!
1 Thank Iain D
We would like to cordially thank you for your lovely feedback about your recent stay at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort.
We are more than pleased, that we could let you feel like at home and welcome and you very enjoyed your first holiday with us here.
We are awaiting you soon again to provide you with more culinary delights and best hospitality.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

We booked this holiday last minute to get some sun.

Rooms - Clean tidy and spacious. We did have one day of rain which is unusual for Sharm but it was great having a TV in the room with a movies channel As there was nothing else to do.

Food - this was the best part of the hotel..the restaurant staff where great and there was a lot of variety with the food. A little confusing on what was inclusive and what was not.

Entertainment - this was not great just average for a holiday reservation.

Activities - there was lots of activities you could book at the hotel, however we booked most if ours through our holiday rep who had better prices in comparison. We did the 5 in 1 safari and scuba diving and they where both great!

Location - there is a bit of a walk to the sea and the hotel is on a hill which keeps you fit walking p and down.. For places to go you do have to get a taxi into Nama bay and Soho square.

Staff - the restaurant staff and various bar staff where all great, however the reps for the activities and spa centre where annoying as they did not like taking no for an answer.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
It is our real pleasure and gratitude to receive positive comments from a very important guest like yourself, I am so happy and proud that we succeeded to meet your expectations and we managed to make your recent holiday as enjoyable as ever.
Glad to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us. We have taken notes of your kind comments and will pass it on to all departments concerned.
For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through your comments, we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.
Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home.
derby
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed at another hotel at Sharm El Sheik a few months ago. We enjoyed it so much we decided to come again but this time with our 19 year old sun, his girlfriend and our daughter. We selected this hotel as it fitted in with the budget of our guests plus the reviews on trip advisor seem very good.

I will start by stating that all the staff of the hotel were superb! We did tip daily although in all fairness this did not make a difference to the service we received. As with the other hotel we stayed at, the staff could not do enough for you. I don’t think I managed to finish a drink at any stage of our 11 day stay before a refill was given to me.

Our rooms were of a decent size and cleaned everyday plus we enjoyed the towel art that the cleaner left for us most days.

I always worry about the food on offer when our son accompanies us as he is a very fussy eater. I had no need to worry as the food was very good indeed for an all-inclusive. We all enjoyed the food with each day offerings having a different theme.

I often find the night time entertainment a bore at all inclusive hotels but I must admit we all really did enjoy the entertainment with offerings such as fire eating, belly dancers, Egyptian spinning dancers plus much more. I’m not a fan of Karaoke but we just had to suffer that as we know many enjoy it.

Being completely honest there were some aspects of the resort that were disappointing. Egypt is renowned for its large hotel resorts with large grounds and gardens. In all honesty this resort is rather on the small side with in my opinion too many rooms for the actual area it occupies. The beach is a man-made beach which is not popular with the guests so everybody has to virtual fight to get a decent spot around the 2 main pools. The sunbeds are so close together at the pools you start to feel like a sardine after a couple of days. Also you have to chaise the sun throughout the day as the 3 storey room buildings block the sun.

The main restaurant also is a little cramped. If you have a table for 2 then you are just inches away from another table.

Don’t be fooled in to thinking that the shops at the resort offer value. The fact is that compared to prices at Namba Bay or even Soho Square most the goods on offer at the hotel shops are way overpriced. We found that the shops would change its prices depending which one of us asked for a price. The female members of our group, especially the younger ones were always quoted a higher price. My wife took a fancy to a pair of gold earrings in the hotel shop. The price quote was a few pounds more than we could buy the earrings at our home time in Spain. We actually purchased the exact same earrings from Soho Square saving £35.

Worse still we purchased cigarettes to bring home with us only to find that these had been repacked and contained a couple of packets of menthols which we don’t like. Compared to the other hotel we stayed at I think the guys in the shop are damaging the good name of the hotel.
Another gripe we had was the internet. The internet cost 20 Euros which gives you 24 hours usage. You can log on and off but the problem all 5 of us had was many times, especially late at night, the server was down so we were unable to log off which meant we all lost hours of our internet usage.

The hotel is cheap but when you think what you get at other hotels in Sharm, in reality it is not cheap. For example most hotels in Sharm offer free internet plus two a la carte restaurants whereas at this hotel you have to pay for one. We had a free mini bar at the other hotel but you have to pay for it at this hotel.

Would I return to this hotel? Well maybe just to see the staff again as they were superb. I think though if my wife and I returned to Sharm then we will seek out a bigger hotel with far more space to relax.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank sarah_uk11
Thank you very much for posting your excellent review and recommendations about your holiday at Xperience Sea Breeze; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.
Thank you also for the recognition of our standards and your kind words about the efficiency and friendliness of our staff; your compliments will definitely be shared with the team.
Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
kent united kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

well can i please start with our complaints about this hotel!!! ...... well that was easy, there wasnt any. we had the most fantastic 2 week holiday. and all thanks to the staff at the sea breeze, we were treated like royalty, We would call this hotel an 18-80club!!! as it catered for every age group even people with disabilities. nothing was too much trouble for anyone. our day started with Anton what a wonderful man, you baboon!! he was always there to take us up and down the hill to the pool bar area.with many laughs. special thanks also go to samwil on the towels, always there for us. Ali on the swim up bar he started our morning with cold drinks brought to us on our beds every morning, and continued throughout the day with what ever we wanted to drink. the food was just superb with something for everyone, well done abo zeid own saad executive chef, you should be very proud of your chefs, they did a wonderful job with the food. we have gained 1 stone in weight in 2 weeks.!!!!! also special thanks to Essam Fathy asst ex housekeeping, our room 1036 was just superb spotless, as was the beautiful towel art that was left in our room, as was the corridoors .and as for Tarek Eid Hassan, food and berverage manager, what a wonderful man, he walked all day long asking everyone if they were enjoying their holiday, asking if their food and drink was ok. you need'nt of worried tarek it was just perfect. the animation team were fine, you cant please everyone!!!! but what you did put a smile on our face every day. especially the beautiful Katya who came to us everyday to talk to us. we had made a friend with another guest who was alone after the death of his wife, we sat together for some four nights, very sadly he died after a sudden heart attack whilst at the sea breeze, but special thanks go to the doctor at sea breeze and to the staff that did all they could to help him. The management dealt with the situation with upmost courtisy and dignity for all involved. god bless you gavin x x we felt privalidged to have spent your last night with us, rest in peace sweetheart, forever with your wife Laura. our final thanks go to a very special person who was going to pay our bill, After the computer system failed to let us get money from our account. All he said was i know you people , you are good people and i know you will pay me when you get back to england, thankfully the system came back and we were able to pay our bill. these thanks go to ibrahim on the towels by the swim up bar. Thank you love , we will never forget the kindness you showed us, and will always remember you. what an asset to the hotel. Thank you trevor and rachel our neighbours on the sun beds, lovely people, will see you in november. All in all a wonderful holiday with wonderful attentive staff. We will be back in November for 1 week and so look forward to seeing you all again. kim and barry. please go to the romantic night on the jetty, its worth every penny and they will alter the menu to suit your preff. You must try this hotel , guaranteed . thank you sea breeze for the wonderful xperience .

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2014