“Xcellent Xperience!”

Xperience Sea Breeze Resort
Ranked #10 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“Xcellent Xperience!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Me my partner and parents have jus returned from an 11 night stay at this beautiful hotel. I can not fault this place at all. The rooms are clean and spacious and the cleaners do a fantastic job. The food is absolutely gorgeous with so much choice, I had a peraonal tour around the basement kitchen by the gead chef which was fantastic he even gave me his email address and some recipes which I shall be trying. The shuttle bus service up and down the resort is a real help as the hill can be a killer to walk up in the heat. The towel men do a great job and can advise u on the beat spots to basque in the sun. The jetty and the sea life is awesome, I saw Nemo which was a highlight for me. Definately recommend an underwater camera! Entertainment was good and the nimation team didn't pester you to join in. We went on a boat trip with the hotel dive centre which was fantastic, we stopped at 3 different dive sites and snorkelled for an hour each time. Food and drink was provided and the leaders were informative throughout. I would not hesitate to book again and we're already looking in to returning. The hotel beach which is a 15 minute bus ride away was lovely, the hotel even provided a packed lunch and free shuttle bus, plus the bar on that beach is also all inclusive. Thanks Xperience for a fantastic holiday, the staff are all fantastic and take care of everyone! see you all again soon. love Carla

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank carla7323
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at Xperience Sea Breeze and that it was one of the best holidays you have been on. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you same time next year.
Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more memorable.
holiday as ever.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,132)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 8, 2014

it was our first stay at this hotel and I can stay without a doubt that we would go back back in a heartbeat. The welcome was warm and efficient and we loved our room 1052 which had a nice pool and partial sea view. Mina looked after our room and kept it immaculately and was a really lovely hardworking man who did fantastic towel art , my girlfriend loved her crocodile and elephant. special mentions to Mr Edris and all of his staff who ran the restaurant like a well oiled machine. The food was plentiful and the variety was very good, our omelette chef was always busy and did a lovely omelette for breakfast. The bread is wonderful and a great variety of pastries also. Lunch we mainly had at the aqua pool with the water slide is and where Arif and Beshay took great care of us from soft drinks in the morning and fruit kebabs and kept the drinks coming after that if you wished , and once they know your order they never forget which amazed me given the number if guests they dealt with. We had dinner in the restaurant which was always good and the rooftop BBQ is a treat because it is not as busy as he main restaurant wireless people seated which is why have to book it, also try a shisha they are lovely , my partner is a non smoker and enjoyed it it tastes like apples and not like cigarettes.

On our last night we had a meal at Elements the a la carte restaurant and it was superb, we had the chateau briand and it was delightful. The service again was excellent as was the food. You can have your all inclusive drinks if you wish or there is a wine list at an extra charge, but I found the local wine very good both white and red.

A final big shout out to all the bar guys and towel guys around the hotel Mohammed at the swim up bar Wael in the elements bar who made our first drinks on arrival , Ibrahim the towel guy and all the other staff that work so hard behind the scenes to make this hotel such a lovely Place to stay.

A couple of donts , watch out in the early evening if you walk around the hotel grounds as they fumigate to kill the mozzies which is great because we didn't get bitten once , but is is quite thick smoke if you are near it. If you don't want to be bothered with all the trips that are offered in the day ask the animation team for a do not disturb sign , or a polite no works but these guys will keep coming back as they are trying to earn living not harass you.

We did a speedboat trip which was ok but I felt the snorkelling at the hotel was better than at the island you taken to because so many people are taken out there the coral is suffering and is not as vibrant compared to that by the hotel, I saw loads of fish including massive blue fin tuna just under me and if you have never snorkelled before do it here it is amazing.

The shops in the hotel are ok but there is no price on anything and I think they make it up as they go along as I was quoted two different prices for postcards, having said this they are helpful and don't be afraid to haggle it is part of the culture and the local guys like it. I hit some Tiffany earrings in the hotel shop and had a good old haggle over the price.

We only went out for a star gazing trip which I am going to do a different review on but it was great and, that we didn't feel the need to leave the hotel apart from that as it is so comfortable.

The rooms are very comfortable as are the beds with Egyptian cotton sheets and duvet , the air works well and the Tv is good it has English speaking movie channels with subtitles on if you want something to watch before you go out or get back and also BBC news , the bathrooms are nice with a good shower and again kept immaculate by Mina.

Thanks again to all at the xperience it was our first time to Sharm el sheikh and I know it will not be our last, returning guests area treated like old friends and we look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Room Tip: We were lucky to get a high floor room with a partial sea and pool view which was lovely but we did...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Malcolm I
By this opportunity we would like to pass you our utmost appreciation and thankfulness for taking the time to publish your fabulous review regarding your recent vacation at our Xperience Sea Breeze Resort and that you found it as good as ever.
Our special thanks to you for your lovely, praising words for our team members for their special caring of our customers, which made your stay with us memorable holiday as ever.
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited for the 2nd time between 22nd Feb and 6th March and had an amazing time again.
I can honestly say that I don't have a bad word to say about this hotel, the facilities, the food or the staff- all 1st class.
From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty and were given some special perks as returning guests which was unexpected and a lovely touch. Really made us feel welcome and valued.
We had booked again a deluxe sea view room and were given 1805 which was perfect as we'd stayed in 1806 the year before. It is well worth paying a little extra for 1 of these rooms as the view out to sea is incredible. The rooms are very spacious with everyone you could need, the bathrooms are a good size (love the jacuzzi bath!), and plenty of wardrobe and drawer space.
There are some very special people I'd like to mention as they made the holiday for us, and I'll start with Sam, the lovely guy that cleaned our room everyday. He was always so lovely whenever we saw him, he left fantastic towel art in our room and also knocked a couple of evenings to check everything was ok and give us some chocolate eclairs which was very sweet of him. He also knocked not long after we'd arrive on Saturday 22nd Feb to introduce himself to us which was lovely.
Mohammed at the main pool bar is an absolute asset to the hotel and was missed on our last couple of days when he left to go home for a holiday. We were never without a drink, either at the bar or at our sunbeds and we had such a laugh with him everyday- he's brilliant!
Ibrahim the towel guy at the main pool is also a gem. He would always come over to us to make sure we were ok and had everything we needed and made sure that our towels were put down for us every morning in the spot that we loved. A great guy, supported by Samil who was also very pleasant.
Wael in the Elements restaurant works so hard keeping everything running smoothly during lunch and dinner times and was so helpful when I fainted during dinner one night, making sure that I was ok. He has some fantastic guys down there including Ali and Reda who always had smiles on their faces and served us throughout our stay knowing exactly what drinks, food and table we liked!
Joseph in the bag shop has become a great friend who we keep in touch with on Facebook and is fantastic! There is no hassle when you go in to his shop, he has great stock and is happy to help you with anything. His prices are very reasonable and he's always happy to do a deal. My recommendation would be to buy your bags and purses from him!
Although I only did the Aqua Gym a couple of times, there is a whole programme of activities for you to enjoy and a highlight of the day was the dance on the bridge to kick them all off, it's brilliant! Daisy, Katja, Anthony and Diego work very hard and should be mentioned.
Finally, last but certainly not least, a very special mention has to go to Anton who drives the shuttle bus up and down the hill day and night. We also class him as a friend and he too is an asset to the hotel, no praise would be enough!
I could go on forever but to sum it up, we will be booking again for next year and can't wait to return for a 3rd time!
Thank you to all. Michelle and Jamie Bond

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle B
We would like to take the opportunity to send you our sincere appreciation and thankfulness for your great feedback upon your recent visit to Egypt and of course at our Xperience Sea Breeze Resort and for your kind support.
We read with very much delight, that our team could make your stay fantastic holiday and we thank you especially for the lovely, praising words regarding our team members, food variety and resort and rooms’ cleanliness. And thank you for recommending our resort to anyone.
It will be our great pleasure to host you soon again for another fantastic time at our resort as all our team is looking forward to welcoming you back.
UK Sheffield
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Just returned from a lovely week at the Sea Breeze.

To be fair I have visited Egypt several times and have always found the staff to be very good, so i am not going to name them all, they were all very good and keen for you to enjoy your holiday.

The hotel is very good, not outstanding. A few room maintenance issues such as the sliding door and general standard of finish, not as good as I have experienced elsewhere. The bed was comfortable and the TV had 6 ish English speaking channels with films. The bus runs up and down to the beach as if you are in the top block it could be seen as a bit of a trek.

The food is varied, hot and good, considering they are catering for vast numbers. The first night was a little overwhelming as it was very busy, but it seemed to quieten off during the week. I had lunch everyday at the beach and observed very good hygiene standards with regular hand washing and changing of preparation gloves, better than I have seen in some places in England

As others have mentioned it is good if you don't mind being in close proximity to people. The tables in the restaurant are verging on sharing, and the sun beds can't all be walked between even they are so close, but it does encourage social interaction!

The pool areas were great, the entertainment team did well to get people involved and not too pushy. Again the no children is a bonus for noise levels. The jetty to the reef is also great for snorkeling.

A big issue for me is the terrible wifi, not high speed as advertised, in fact could hardly load an excel document, its logging in and out is also time consuming and fiddly. Wifi of this speed really should be free.

In regards to the level of bands, they should advertise this somewhere clearly to encourage loyalty, instead it seems like it is a secret, which in turn makes you feel less valued as a first time customer. They should be transparent in their approach so everyone knows.

They do enforce the dress code for men, trousers only for dinner. But be aware this means the Mosquitoes gorge on the women! I saw some ladies legs who looked eaten alive, take the strongest repellent you can find, apparently although they fumigate nightly, sitting at the front of the hotel is the worst for it.

Would I return? Probably, but the deal would have to be good. There are a lot of good hotels in Sharm and price point is important with so much competition. If you are booking this hotel for circa £50 a night I would say go for it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank James B
Thank you for sharing your most recent experience while at the Xperience Sea Breeze Resort. First let me thank you for the pros that you highlighted in our resort such as staff service, choice of food, pools' areas. It is always pleasing to hear that our guests were satisfied with the facilities and service during their vacation and looking forward to welcoming you again.
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We booked this hotel because of the consistently good reviews on trip advisor. We were not disappointed at all. This is an excellent value for money hotel. The food was excellent and varied every night. The cleanliness is incredible and neither me or my husband had any stomach troubles. The staff are incredible and really made it for us. A particular mention to Ibrahim our towel guy at the pool, Mohammed at the Shisha bar who worked so hard every night and refilled drinks without us even asking; and lastly Mina and Salib in the restaurant. The management were also asking constantly how everything was and how they could improve. The snorkelling is incredible from the hotel, you can even view them from the pier if you are not a water fan.

The only slight niggle we had was that the layout of the pools wasn't great as half of seats were in the shade, meaning you did feel a little bit like sardines in a tin as people all squished into a small area. The other little niggle is you did get hassled quite abit to use the spa and watersports. I wouldn't recommend the spa, it was £25 for a 45mins massage (meant to be an hour). You could hear people outside the rooms laughing etc, you can get better massage in UK for same price!

We will probably return to this hotel as it is a cheap and very cheerful. Thank you to everyone there for a relaxing week away.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you indeed for your fantastic feedback about your recent stay at our resort and it’s really nice for us, that you had a funny, relaxing holiday at our property and we are awaiting you soon back again.
Kindly accept our warmest regards from Xperience Sea Breeze Resort.
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

This was a great place to get away for some sunshine.

The food was generally good with a great selection but could get to taste all a bit the same. You can book elements restaurant for a romantic meal which is absolutely amazing, we got the opportunity to do it on the jetty under the stars, words cannot describe how amazing the experience was and how romantic the setting. It is definitely a must, we cannot fault the evening.

To get a sun bed in a prime position meant you had to be up at 6.30 to put your towels out but we found if you went to the beach you could always find a great spot and didn't need to wake at a ridiculous hour. The only downside we had is the staff decided they didn't want to serve us at our loungers even if we tipped for them to come back but yet others around us were flooded with great service.

We had a serious situation of a 'peeping Tom' that occurred on the beach but not a hotel issue but when mentioned the problem to Mr Tarek Eid Hassan he dealt with it with true professionalism. We can not thank him enough as he ensured our holiday was not ruined and would recommend to talk to him if you have any issues as he dealt with the issue so quickly and kept us in the loop the whole time.

A few tips- Don't change your money, they take sterling and you get a lot better deal. Take your bug spray....the Mosquitos love the lady's legs. Lunch in the main buffet restaurant is so much better than the pool snacks.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
It’s of utmost pleasure, that we could provide you with a great holiday and wonderful time at our resort, where you felt very welcome.
We are looking forward to welcoming you hopefully in the near future again to enjoy another interesting vacation.
Please, accept our warmest regards from Xperience Sea Breeze Resort.
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2014

After a return visit to this superb hotel I can only say they are the best staff ever, I must mention Mohammed at the pool bar, Wael in the Elements restaurant, Michell the customer relations officer, Mr Tarek, Malik and who could forget Anton! they have made our second holiday another one to remember. The animation team were good with Daisy and "Tinkerbell"! and if I've missed anyone out I'm sorry. The rooms were kept spotless and the towel art was amazing.

If the food at times is not to your taste then the Elements restaurant is so reasonable with Chateau Briand for two and a bottle of wine etc less then £40.

As we were returned guests we had a few perks and will definitely be returning again as the weather on top of everything else was superb.

Thanks to all for making this another fantastic holiday.

Room Tip: 2nd Floor of bock 1600 has the most amazing sea view but it also has stairs!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Patricia J
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our standard of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.
Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home.