“Relaxing Holiday”

Ranked #9 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Relaxing Holiday”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We went to the hotel to celebrate a double birthday. From the minute we got there the staff were excellent. We booked two double pool view rooms. We were given Garden Views when we contacted reception they straight away said there was a misunderstanding and said if we gave them 15 minutes they would have two rooms with a pool view. The new rooms were excellent facing one of the smaller pools. Quality of the rooms were excellent. The food in the restaurant was very good plenty of choice and excellent choice. The staff were on the go all the time cleaning the tables and asking if you need any more drinks. Very pleasant. We used the Tiran Restaurant to celebrate my husband and his twin sister's birthday The table was decorated with Rose Petals in the shape of HAPPY BIRTHDAY. The food was excellent three people had the Sea Food Medley and one the steak. Cooked to perfection worth the money. The sun went down by 4pm round the pool so we used to go to the entrance of the Hotel where you could have a drink and watch the sun go down over the mountain.
The only thing the way the Hotel is built you have to get up early as the sun later on shades the small pools. The rooms are in blocks of three high about eight blocks behind each other. But it did not spoil the holiday. My sister in Law and myself used the Spa which was fantastic we had all the treatments which was excellent. Included in the price you went back for a back massage, pedicure, facial so relaxing.
We will love to go back to this Hotel as it was so relaxing. I would like to thank the gentleman who cleaned our room for the towel sculptures each night especially the birthday cakes. Thank you

Room Tip: Our rooms were 401 and 409
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank LYNDA_ANDERSON_11
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you indeed for your fantastic feedback about your recent stay at our resort and it’s really nice for us, that you had a funny, relaxing holiday at our property and we are awaiting you soon back again.
Kindly accept our warmest regards from Xperience Sea Breeze Resort.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,133)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 1, 2014

A slightly late review. We came in November and stayed for two weeks.
Instead of rattling on I thought best to offer a bullet point list of pro's and con's so to speak.

Lovely hotel
Clean rooms
Attentive staff
Great beach
Snorkelling and fish life was out of this world.

Food was ok, sometimes repetitive after two weeks
Room cleaning staff was a pain- knocking for tips
Entertainment is the worst ever
It's a predominately Russian hotel
Breakfast was a non starter for me

We didn't come expecting a five star hotel, and perhaps I have been a little unkind offering three stars, I would half rated it three and a half if possible. A few issues and the main is that in winter the sun sets at around 4:30pm, therefore this hotel seriously needs to review its entertainment. The entertainment crew are Russian, therefore the type of entertainment is Of a Russian taste. This hotel has no ambiance in the evening- what's the point of having a piano room if it's never used! Instead people congregate in the lobby all evening stuck with faces in their iPads trying to use the super slow broadband. There is simply nothing to do, so we went out....

Thompsons do a coach for 20 pounds to soho square- what they fail to tell you is there is a FREE shuttle bus every evening- just book before hand.

Went to Narma bay- don't be frightened- just get past that first stretch and it all becomes much less intimidating- try the camel bar- it's fab. Food, drink and music is great.

Back to the hotel, we found the book able restaurants a little none too pleasing and on the back of this we never booked to use the all a carte restaurant- which you pay for. Breakfast didn't suit my taste, chicken sausages and beef bacon where terrible. Wife liked the omelettes though.

The on site dive Centre was great,we did the night snorkel which was fab and the day exclusion to different sites which was ok, but we where taken to a guest hotels boat due to our low numbers and had to watch the captain catch and kill fish- against marine law in the area. On that note please take care around the reef, too many people- Russians took no regard for the rules, standing on and breaking it! Mohammed and Mustafa at the center advised it takes ten years to grow one centimetre.

Pools are great, the adults relax pool also and the staff around them very attentive. Else where tips work wonders!
Mohammed cooking pizzas by the relax pool was great, pizzas fab and better than the sea view restaurant which was poor most days. Saw glad when they opened the main restaurant for lunch half way through our stay!

We would come again, but it was the friends we made and who showed us around sharm that made this holiday rather than the hotel, which with a little work could become far better.

Fix the entertainment and atmosphere!!

Room Tip: Use the free shuttle bus to soho square Use the taxis outside of the hotel to get around- they are...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank fiat123
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
We would like to send you our sincere appreciation for your feedback upon your recent visit at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort and for your kind support.
Thank you for your positive and negative comments and please note that we will do our best to avoid any negative comments as our guests' satisfaction is our main goal.
It will be our great pleasure to host you soon again for another fantastic time at our resort and all our team is looking forward to welcoming you back.
Huddersfield
Reviewed January 1, 2014

After staying at numerous hotels in Sharks Bay I would recommend this hotel for thier standards, service and selection of food served in the restaurant.

My only reservation is that the hotel location is in a strip and therefore the beach is very small and the pools are small too with limited sunbeds if you want all day sun. The service around the pool was exceptional with the waiter bringing , fruit, drinks and ice-cream regularly throughout the day.

Our room had a lovely view (block 14) overlooking the sea from a side view. The room service was not fabulous and we had to ask reception on a few occasions to replenish coffee, toilet rolls etc, but to be fair as soon as we mentioned this it was rectified immediately.

I am not adverse to having children in a hotel but as this hotel is adult only it does make a difference and was a bonus.

Staff to mention for their exceptional service were Mohammed who was the pool barman, Samwil the pool towel chap and the young guy who served fresh omlettes, fried eggs each day with a smile (unfortunately I dont know his name). To be fair all the staff at the hotel were great and very welcomming

Room Tip: Block 14 - end room with side sea view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HTFCHuddersfield
We are grateful for your stay with us and for your detailed appreciation of our services, facilities and hospitality. We would like to thank you for recommending Xperience Sea Breeze Resort to the readers, and will be glad to welcome you again.
Cheshire - OK
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed 2 weeks up to 5th December - what can we say - we have stayed in some fabulous hotels all over Sharm and can say this one far exceeds expectation. All staff friendly more than helpful - even down to Mt T the beverage and food manager going all out with his staff to pull of the surprise meal for my husbands 70th Birthday - thank you so much
Every member of staff from pool bar Sami to the towel guys - bar staff, waiters etc etc etc we mean every one thank you for an amazing stay with fabulous clean happy holiday.

Hope Mr T you still have our letter as we cannot express our thanks to you all and hope you continue with chefs and staff you have as you are all amazing - Thank U

The only down side as is the norm in Sharm is entertainment - as discussed with Mr T we hope you can change in time ?

Room Tip: Remember this hotel is set on tiers down to the sea and rooms - make sure you are a good walker or t...
1 Thank E M
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our standard of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.
Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home.
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Myself and my partner were at the Xperience Sea Breeze from 15th to 28th December and we would like to say a big thank you to everyone that made our holiday so enjoyable.
The resort consists of blocks going down to the sea block 11 is by the reception and block 18 is by the sea all the rooms at the end of the blocks is classed as a sea view, which to be fair they do have but if you want to have the seafront view you need to get block 18, which I personally will be after next year.
The resort has just become adult only and we did not realise what a benefit this would be, a real plus.
This is a lovely place to relax, which we managed to do perfectly well.
The entertainment team Diego, Daisy and Lauren were all lovely but also not pushy and left us to chill as this was our choice but it was enjoyable to be around the activity.
Mohammed the pool barman was amazing, we never waited for a drink nor did anyone else, his service was impeccable,
The towel guys were friendly and stopped for a chat during the day.
Mustafa on the grill by the sea served up burgers and grilled chicken which could be eaten on your sunbeds if you wanted to and meant you did not have to interrupt your sunbathing or like us you could eat down on the beach. Most lunch times though we ate fresh salads outside Elements.
The food was always delicious and gave enough choice to keep everyone happy, our stay covered Christmas Eve and the Gala was an absolute treat, the effort put into this event was well over our expectations.
The restaurant staff were attentive but not crowding and gave an excellent service day after day.
The guys on reception are very friendly and helpful and there is Michelle the hotel liaison who can help you with any question or issues you may have.
I can recommend this hotel and would use it again if we go the Egypt next year it will be back to the Sea Breeze Resort.

Room Tip: Block 18 for a seafront view.
3 Thank Sarah S
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us. We have taken notes of your kind comments and will pass it on to all departments concerned.
For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through your comments, we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed in Xperience Sea Breeze for a week in the beginning of December all inclusive the stay was less then ok. I have a nut and sesame seed allergy. I have been to Sharm before but stayed at a different hotel. They were able to cater to my allergies really well and I had a really lovely stay. I was expecting the same with Xperience Sea breeze as the reviews seemed to be really positive, but I was so disappointed. My First night I had dinner in the main restaurant a lot of the food that was laid out didn't look that appetising to me as I saw a lot of contamination with seeds and nuts. I made the restaurant manger aware of my allergies and he arranged for the chef to go through food I was able to eat there. There was a chocolate fountain for dessert. I asked the chef if the chocolate contained hazelnut and the chef replied no its milk chocolate. This was a lie. I tasted the chocolate and reacted straight away. I asked my boyfriend to try the chocolate and he instantly tasted the hazelnut. The next day I spoke with the Food and Beverage manager the next day and he apologised but also denied there was nuts in the chocolate. I was only able to eat ice cream and cream caramel as a dessert through out the entire holiday. By the day 4 I was tired of ice cream and cream caramel.
On the last night my boyfriend arranged a surprise dinner on the pier. It was 3 corse meal from a set menu. I told the waiter I have an allergy and asked if i could have a cake for my desert. He told me the cheesecake had nuts but the chocolate cake was fine for me to eat. The food that evening was lovely when it come to dessert I took a small amount of cake and bit into a nut. My boyfriend even bit into a nut and tried to warn me. It was too late. I ran back to my room where I began to throw up. I had to take my Epi-Pen needle to stop my reaction. The waiter had apologised to my boyfriend as he forgot the cake actually did containe peanuts.Tarek the Food and Beverage manager called my room to apologise. Again he denied that there were any nuts in the cake. Tarek asked if i would like a bottle of wine to say sorry. My boyfriend had to advise him that ins't the best idea as I had taken medication. He sent fruit to the room instead. It was a really bad end to my holiday and left me with a lasting impression.
The rest of my holiday was good but overshadowed by these two major issue.

The staff in the hotel were all really friendly but I found Tarek very patronising. The rooms were nice, spacious, and clean. The pools were all spacious and clean. The animation staff were all really lovely. The shisha bar had really good food. Fresh and less contamination. You will have to book this restaurant but there seems to be availability with no problems. The spa was lovely. There is a good selection of treatments. You'll be able to get a good price if you book a few treatments.

The hotel ins't that far from the airport so transfers aren't long. Narma Bay and Soho Sqaure were both taxi rides away. The hotel has a taxi services. the rate is a little higher then most, but the drivers drive a lot safer then others.

I wouldn't come back to this hotel again due to my allergies. However if you have no dietary requirements, I do think it's worth the money and you'll have a great holiday. A cheap getaway with guaranteed sun

3 Thank Brooklyn K
We would like to thank you for your feedback regarding our offered services and hotel facilities, but we feel really sorry, that our hotel did not live up to your expectation and we do apologize for any inconvenience during your stay.
Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated but we are really disappointed this why all your comments have been reviewed by the hotel’s management and action has been taken to ensure what mentioned in your review will not be repeated in the future to provide our guest the highest standard of service.
We hope that you will give us once again the chance to host you at our resort in the near future and we will be glad to assist you in any needs to provide you with a positively memorable stay.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Cannot praise this hotel enough from start to finish of our holiday they make the effort just that little bit more , we got there late on 18 Dec and it was a quick and easy check in ,we had a room in block 10 but found it was a bit to near the entertainment so asked for another room a 2 mins later we were in another room in block 14 with a lovely pool right outside . The food was always up to standard in the buffet restaurant and the elements restaurant is a must and is good value for money . You will not have to get of your sun bed if you don't want to as the bar staff are always walking around and are eager to serve you (got told of for taking my glasses back to the bar)look out for Ali at the small pool very polite and a good bar man. Did not know what to expect at Christmas and was a little bit worried if we would like being away but this hotel knows how's to do xmas from Santa on a camel to the lights to the xmas dinner all was perfect the only regret I have is that I won't be there for new years. I have been to sharm 12 times and this hotel comes in joint first with one other, they just seem to get everything right ,every one I talked to said they would go back. A big thank you to all the staff that made our holiday special and see you all in Feb

Room Tip: Block14 is half way between reception and beech and nice and quiet
2 Thank jon48croydon
Thank you for great comments and for choosing Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, we will be delighted to accommodate you all over again.
Your praising to the staff you mentioned is very much appreciated and will be passed into them as I am sure they will appreciated in return , and glad that you enjoyed our food served and it has gained your satisfaction.
Looking forward to welcoming you again soon in our resort.