“Excellent staff and hotel”

Xperience Sea Breeze Resort
Ranked #9 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Excellent staff and hotel”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

First time at this hotel and very pleased with it, staff were excellent, service was really good. Exceptional service throughout the day at the top pool where Aref and the team do everything to make your day fully fed and watered, special mention really required. Food is varied and normal for Egypt with food from different countries each night. BBQ restaurant can be used once in a week and was very good. Restaurant on beach which you pay for was really very good. Free buses laid on daily to separate beach and Naama Bay every night. Entertainment was very average and although they advertise DJ music every night it is far from a disco more background music, the Russian entertainment manager is really very hard to understand when she is doing competitions and announcements and really think they should use one of the English ones as the majority of customers are also English.

Room Tip: Half of the rooms in 1000 block face the entertainment terrace and can be very noisy at night, best...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Suzanne S
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
By this opportunity we would like to pass you our utmost appreciation and thankfulness for taking the time to publish your fabulous review regarding your recent vacation at our Xperience Sea Breeze Resort and that you found it as good as ever.
Our special thanks to you for your lovely, praising words for our team members for their special caring of our customers, which made your stay with us memorable holiday as ever.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,128)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed November 15, 2013

In a nutshell, the Xperience Sea Breeze resort in Sharm El Sheikh is one that I wouldn't hesitate to revisit again and again. I'm sure these points will have doubtless been covered dozens of times already, but here's my reasons why.

On arrival at the hotel you are immediately greeted by a Bell Captain who is just itching to get his hands on your luggage and carry them the short distance to the entrance. We followed him down a short path to the lobby, through which several other guests are sitting and chatting on an outdoor terrace at the front of the hotel. The reception is to the left as you walk in, and the check in was friendly and efficient. We were given a free drink whilst we waited for the i's to be dotted and the t's to be crossed. Shortly after, we were handed a small welcome pack with our room key and followed the Bell Captain outside again, where our luggage was loaded onto a minibus and we were driven to our block.

The hotel itself, if you can imagine it, is almost in a large strip. Off the road you find the entrance and the lobby, which contains a bar on the ground floor as well as several small shops and an internet cafe. Upstairs, there are two restaurants, one on the first floor and one on the second. I will come back to these later. Behind this block is a terrace with an outdoor bar, seats and a stage for evening entertainment.
From here the resort steadily makes it's way downhill toward the sea, in a pattern that goes room block, pool, room block, pool etc, with roughly 5 blocks in all. We stayed in the last block at the bottom of the hill, with a sea view from the balcony which allowed you to watch a beautiful sunrise, if that's your sort of thing. Much has been made of this hill - it's steeper the further toward the sea you are, and it's easily manageable. It took 3-4 minutes from our block to get to the top to eat, and considering how much we ate, we were grateful for the exercise. It won't kill you, but just in case you think it will the hotel run a minibus up and down at regular intervals.

Our room was lovely. We had two double beds pushed together, a decent TV (with about ten English channels and enough big films on every night that gave me something to watch), a large bathroom with jacuzzi bath and a somewhat dodgy large window that would let anyone of a perverse nature in the bedroom watch someone else shower, wash, use the toilet etc. Fortuantely this window does have a blind that blocks the view, so whilst we appreciated the kinkiness of it we both decided that putting the blind down would probably be for the best. The room also comes with a free safe and air conditioning, tea / coffee facilities and a large wardrobe. There is a stocked mini bar which can be used and replenished for an extra cost, and a free bottle of water daily.
The rooms are cleaned every day and for this our cleaner, Nabil, deserves a special mention. Always friendly and making sure we were happy, he did a blinding job, and he even surprised us with a towel heart, a towel dog/thing and a towel monkey hanging from the ceiling. We left him a daily tip so whether he did this due to that or whether he was just expressing his creative side I don't know, but we were sad to have him go on holiday with 3 days of our stay remaining, although his replacement did a splendid job also.

Below our block was another bar, Zen Bar, which, being at the bottom of the hill was nice and quiet in the evenings. Two tvs inside show the football if you wanted it, otherwise you can just sit outside and chill. Next to this is the Elements restaurant, which does lunch and dinner. I'll come to the dinner later on, but the lunch is good although nothing spectacular and not a patch on the main restaurant. If you're at the beach or pool and fancy a quick sandwich, burger, hot dog or what not than Elements is the place to have lunch. However I do find it a shame to go all this way and eat that sort of thing so by and large I avoided the place at lunch time, apart from one day in which my 'Tuna Melt' was actually just a tuna roll, but i'm over it now...just.

Right, the beach. Our block was the last before the beach, and it's not a beach as such. Imagine it like 5 giant steps made of a pebble/sand mix. The top step takes you to the pool, Zen bar and Elements, then 3 more steps downward consist of narrow isles and a final step to the sea front. All are littered with sun beds, and you'll want to be up before brekkie to reserve a good'un. The final 'step' at the sea front is about 10ft above sea level, so it's not a traditional beach as such, it contains a bar, a small shop, a diving centre and a booth for water sports. Mohamad rules the bar though, and he's a top man, going around from bed to bed with a round of drinks just before 10am as his shift begins. He asked me to mention him in the review, so here you go. The beach's main attraction however, is the jetty, which takes you over the coral and into deeper water. There is an abundance of fish and snorkeling is a must. The jetty is also the scene for 'The romantic meal for 2' provided by Elements. It's just over £65 in English money, and it was delicious. You can have anything off the dinner menu, and you get 5 courses plus champagne. Sat in faint candlelight and listening to cheesy love songs, the better half is guaranteed to get all soppy.

The only downside to the beach is that it is not accessable for anyone with severe mobility issues or wheelchair bound. The descent is steep over several sets of stairs. This did not affect us but I can imagine it would prove difficult to others. On the plus side, several of the pools have ramps and the hotel run a free bus service to two other nearby beaches, however I have not been to these so I can't comment on them.
The sun during our stay was out from about 7am onwards to around 3.30pm when the shadows emerged on the beach in the afternoon.

The restaurants:

Tiran restaurant is the main breakfast / lunch / dinner one in the expected 'take as much as you like' style. At breakfast there are more pastries than you can shake a stick at, cereal, cold meats / cheeses, yoghurt and fruit and of course the hot stuff (oats, honey, eggs, bacon, sausages and so on). If you're obsessesed with eating pork then Egypt is not the place for you, and like with most Muslim countries in my experience the pork is replaced with beef, so your sausages / bacon etc will be made with beef, not pork. Nice stuff.

Lunch and dinner are similar affairs. There is something new every day (each night has a theme) and really, you can't go wrong. There's a few reviews here that when on the subject of food tend to start "I'm not a fussy eater but...". I'm sorry, if you don't like the food here then you are fussy. Soup, fresh meat, veg, honestly whatever I write could not cover the variety and quality of the stuff. There was one lady sat next to us who, after nibbling at some delicious roast chicken and fresh potatoes put them to one side and had the kitchen bring her a plate of french fries instead. My brain was screaming "WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING!?" but whatever floats her boat I suppose. It's a shame as the food is so good, but I imagine her penning a review beginning "I'm not a fussy eater but..", so bear that in mind.
The only criticism I have of the restaurant is that, bearing in mind this is a now a child free zone (which is heavenly by the way) and almost everyone there was a couple, they do insist on putting a lot of tables very close together so it feels like you're eating as a group if you don't get a standalone table. It's fine, by and large the guests are perfectly decent but I don't really want to share my personal eating space with someone I don't know (i eat like Homer Simpson so I doubt they like it as much as I do).

The other restaurant is L'Oriental situated on the roof. It's a barbeque come shisha experience and all inclusive guests get a free night here. The food as usual was top drawer. We didn't do the shisha part, can't say it interests me, but it's there if you want it and it was nice to mix the dinners up a bit.

All restaurants have a dress code which is not enforced. I found this to be both a good and bad thing. At breakfast I don't have an issue with anyone wearing shorts and a t-shirt if you're about to hit the pool or beach. At lunch you're likely to have just come from either one so I don't see an issue with wearing shorts and a vest, for example. At dinner however I do find it a shame that some guests can't make the effort to put on a pair of trousers and something with sleeves. It's not a lot to ask and it's not really important, but it's a shame it does not get enforced. It almost takes the gleam off what is 5* food and surroundings.

We booked the trip through travel republic and had no problems at all. Looking after us at the other end were Sun International (a marked improvement on Blue Sky who I had last year). We met our rep, Essam, the second day in and he was friendly and knowledgable without being pushy. We booked an Oasis safari expecience (dune buggy or quad through the desert, camel ride, a miserable 'zoo/farm' Bedouin food and show and a bit of star gazing chucked in). I would recommend it as a day out, although our contact for this was not exactly talkative (to the point in being mute), so there was a lot of educated guessing when it came to what we were expected to do. There is plenty to do though if you want to leave the hotel, a lot of desert based and sea based trips which are undoubtedly better explained elsewhere on the site. These are paid for in sterling, so take some with you.

Things to note before going:

Take a bit of English and Egyptian money. By and large you can pay for most things on checkout, and there is an ATM in the lobby if you need more L.E. You will get bitten by mozzies so invest in some repellant. You will need suncream also (the shops at the hotel do both). The Bedouin on excursions are demanding tippers, often wanting more than the first tip you give, so stand firm and don't cave in with a bewildered look on your face like I did. A few reviews have mentioned tipping excessively. I certainly would not discourage it, the staff are incredible and do some long hours so they're deserving for sure. However it didn't make much of a difference to us in terms of service, so do what you think is right.

This is my second consecutive visit to Sharm and my first stay at this hotel. Without a doubt, money and time permitting, I would love to come here every year. This is a marvellous hotel with brilliant people. I could not recommend it enough.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1812 - a top floor sea view room at the bottom of the hill. I loved it, although b...
11 Thank Kebabkins
First, allow me thank you for the time taken to write you feedback about your latest experience at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort.
It is a great honor to see that in general you were happy with our services rendered.
Your pleasant comments about the hotel staff service and hotel location are passed to them to encourage and ensure they are appreciated from our end as well.
Thanks again for your feedback and would hope to welcome you back personally, when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable as you would wish.
Manchester
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights mid November and would stay again.

The rooms were good, the staff very good and the food OK.

4 bars to choose from a day and night so you are never short of anywhere to drink.

Taxi to Soho square is 80egp return via the taxi desk.

Overall I recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

1 Thank NathanGunn
We would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your stay at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us. We always appreciate the guest comments, and constantly strive to provide as much pleasant and comfortable stay as expected.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is my second stay at the Sea Breeze this year, and my husbands first from checking In to checking out nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Our room was 1520 we had a sea view the beds were very comfortable and kept clean by our cleaner Mohammed he also kept us entertained with his towel art we had swans, flowers and a monkey attached to the ceiling, the safety deposit box and air con are all included in your tariff which is great.The food in the Tiran restaurant was good quality and varied my husband sometimes prefers plain food and I only had to ask and they prepared some for him the manager was on hand all the time. Because we we're returning guests we received a bowl of fruit, bottle of wine slippers and robes in our room also we had a complimentary set meal in elements restaurant which Michelle guest relations booked for us this was lovely also late check out was free.We sat around the aqua pool every day which was very relaxing Romany was our towel man and he was always pleasant and happy to help positioning our sun beds for us,we got a do not disturb sign so we weren't pestered by the spa and trip people trying to sell things they were friendly but we didn't want anything from them.AREF the pool bar waiter was fantastic he was none stop all day long bringing fruit juices coffee and beers without being prompted really lovely man another waiter there was ZADKEN not sure on the spelling of that but every day he put on his pharaoh outfit and came around the pool with bread rings and ice creams always smiling. I loved being around this pool and my husband could not believe the service. I didn't catch the names of the chefs but they prepared delicious snacks everyday. We really did relax so didn't take part in daytime activities but the animation team were very friendly Anthony Daisy And Diego always said hello and chatted to guests all the time in the evenings there was usually a show of some sorts going on Belly dancers,Russian dancers, two guys walking on beds of glass and nails.the bar service was good also MOHAMMED ZACKY was always friendly and even if you missed a night he still remembered what your drinks were. Your bar was comfortable and after 11pm there was sandwiches laid out for a late night snack what more could you want! The gardeners were always busy tending the areas and spraying insecticide at dusk to try and keep mozzies to a minimum...I think the mozzies had other ideas because unless you really sprayed yourselves well they did have a feast! Overall this was an excellent holiday WELL DONE SEA BREEZE! We hope to return in January .

Room Tip: Block 11 are overlooking the Aqua pool and do get last of the afternoon sun and are quite near to ma...
3 Thank Kay W
Thank you for sharing your most recent experience while at the Xperience Sea Breeze Resort. First let me thank you for the pros that you highlighted in our resort such as staff service, choice of food, pools' areas. It is always pleasing to hear that our guests were satisfied with the facilities and service during their vacation and looking forward to welcoming you again.
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is the first Holiday my wife & I have spent in Sharm el Sheikh and it was way beyond our expectations.
The Sea Breeze is a lovely Hotel, very well kept, excelent service and very friendly professional staff. Two paricular staff really stood out for us, and they were Assaff (waiter in the main dining room) & the guy that goes at 100mph ALL DAY around the slide pool to make sure that you are kept well topped up with refreshing cold drinks and Icecream, as well as serving lunch.
The guy that looked after our room created some amazing towel art, and when I requested an Iron and Ironing board or some extra milk he was there in a flash, nothing was ever any trouble for all the staff, and they always seemed happy in their work and always spoke when you saw them no matter what they were busy doing.
We will definately recommend this hotel & Sharm to family and friends and we will be returning in the near future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank DaveCoops
We would like to take the opportunity to send you our sincere appreciation and thankfulness for your great feedback upon your recent visit at our Xperience Sea Breeze Resort and for your kind support.
Thank you for praising our standard’s improvements, friendly staff and animation team; it will be our great pleasure to host you soon again for another fantastic time at our resort and all our team is looking forward to welcoming you back.
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This was my first time to Egypt and i cannot wait to return. I will definitely be staying at xperience sea breeze again. The facility was fantastic, the pools were lovely and very warm. Nice beach area for quick entry to the sea for snorkelling. Great themed nights for food got to try lots of food from different countries. Hotel staff very friendly and extremely helpful. Especially Sam our room cleaner. I loved the towel surprise every couple of days we had a right laugh every time we found one. The only thing I'd say was the entertainment started very late at night time with not a lot to do in between. But the animation staff done a fantastic job, specially the two lads. Can't wait to return to sea breeze to receive my green wrist band.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from our 4th visit in 12months & already booked our next one. This hotel is the best we've ever experienced in years of travelling to Egypt. The food is always hot with plenty of choice even for fussy eaters like me. The chefs & staff in Tiran should be very proud.Abou you and your chefs excelled again. Alaa looked after us every meal making sure we were well refreshed and seated in our favourite area, always with a smile on his face and often a song.The guys on reception were always polite & helpful and along with the bell boys enjoyed a chat. Special mention to Mohammed Ali who has one of the biggest smiles ever. If you need anything these guys will sort it for you. Mr Wael, Ahmed,Ali & Ghanam from Elements are such fun but are also focused on their jobs. The food here during the day is always freshly made and served to your table, not the usual service you received on AI. The food in Elements at night is top class as is the jetty meal all served by these wonderful playful people.We stayed by the deep pool the service here from Sameh was incredible, we first met Sameh 8yrs ago it was lovely to see him again. Drinks were plentiful and delivered regularly while we lazed in the sun. The pool guys at this pool are very attentive Mina & Samwil are always on hand to take you to your sun lounger and make sure you are settled for the day. Mina its been a pleasure to see you on every visit we've made you are a special friend. The lads in your bar and on the terrace, Mohammed, Zaky, Ossama, Emad and anyone we've forgotten the service is constant, an empty glass is never seen as drinks are always flowing with no need to tell them what you want...they never forget.Bolus our cleaner thank you for keeping our room to a very high standard and for the great towel art. This hotel is spotless in every area. The hotel is small in comparison to most in Egypt but this only makes it more special always a friendly face. We must mention Anton who drives up and down the hill all day long when you need him, Anton is so full of fun all day long hope you're feeling "tickerty boo". I cannot fail to mention the most special people at this hotel who we call our Egyptian family , Mr Ibrahim you have always been such a friendly face and have always been considerate with our requests. Mr Ashraf its always a pleasure to chat with you thank you for looking after us. Mr Tarek what a manager had some good laughs and chats with you and Mr Hany what an amazing team you have they work tirelessly to keep the standards we've become accustomed to on every visit. We love your hotel and staff. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend to us it means so much. See you all again in March.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank bobster4
Thank you for great comments and for choosing Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, we will be delighted to accommodate you all over again.
Your praising to the staff you mentioned is very much appreciated and will be passed into them as I am sure they will appreciated in return , and glad that you enjoyed our food served and it has gained your satisfaction.
Looking forward to welcoming you again soon in our resort.